Page 77 of 191 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3818
Like Tree2652Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

  1. #1521
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2017
    Age
    30
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by prove-all View Post
    Historically, when the Catholic Church has started telling everyone to observe Sunday, it has soon after started enforcing that law with brutality. Take the Council of Laodicea, for example. In a.d. 363, the Catholic Church proclaimed that all those who did not keep Sunday, but rather rested on Saturday, were “anathema”—cursed, or excommunicated—from Christ. The Roman Empire then started torturing and martyring all who disobeyed. After Charlemagne gained power over Europe, he too began murdering those who kept Saturday. Throughout the Middle Ages, Saturday observers were tortured and murdered at the behest of the Catholic Church.

    Every time Europe has been strong and united, it has enforced Sunday worship.
    Europe is becoming united, and its leaders are once again trying to enforce Sunday.

    As in the past, when the Catholic Church has the power to enforce Sunday,
    life will be brutal for those who disagree.
    do u know how weak the catholic church is? they have no power whatsoever in europe. most of europe is atheists or professing christians only.
    they cant even enforce the catholics to attend mass on sunday, so forget the sudnay laws.

  2. #1522
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2017
    Age
    30
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    beez dont get fooled by how nice these guys are. this is what u gotta look out for. just like the jehovahs falsewitnesses and other cults they are really nice to make sure u join their group.

    its a false gospel of keep the sabbath or ur living in wilfull sin and wont be saved.
    false gospel, false gospel. false gospel.


    dont believe it. run

    take it down. stop at once.

    Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    mailmandan likes this.

  3. #1523
    Senior Member Beez's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2017
    Age
    68
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozy View Post
    beez dont get fooled by how nice these guys are. this is what u gotta look out for. just like the jehovahs falsewitnesses and other cults they are really nice to make sure u join their group.

    its a false gospel of keep the sabbath or ur living in wilfull sin and wont be saved.
    false gospel, false gospel. false gospel.


    dont believe it. run

    take it down. stop at once.

    Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    I listen to and acknowledge most people but make my own mind up based upon my understanding of the Scriptures. Thank you for being concerned.
    lightbearer and Snoozy like this.

  4. #1524
    Senior Member prove-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozy View Post
    do u know how weak the catholic church is?
    You must have no idea how much the the catholic church has influinced the world.

    In the seventh chapter of the book of Daniel is an amazing prophecy picturing for 2,500
    years into the future, from the day it was written, the course of the Gentile kingdoms.

    Starting with the ancient Chaldean Empire of Nebuchadnezzar, this prophecy foretells
    the successive [world rule] of the Persian Empire, Alexander’s Greco-Macedonian
    kingdom with its four divisions, and finally, of the mighty Roman Empire.

    Out of the original Roman Empire, symbolized by 10 “horns” growing out of the head
    of a “beast,” are pictured the 10 resurrections of the Roman Empire that have continued
    since its fall to the present, and are scheduled to continue until the coming of Christ.

    Among these 10 kingdoms which have ruled in the Western world since the fall of Rome
    to the present, appeared another “little horn,” whose “look was more stout than his fellows.”
    In other words, another government, actually smaller, yet dominating over all the others.

    Students of prophecy recognize this “little horn” as a great religious hierarchy. And in the
    25th verse of this prophecy, it is stated that this hierarchy shall “think to change times and laws.”

    How Time Was Changed

    This same power is mentioned again in the 17th chapter of Revelation, here pictured
    as ruling over the kings and kingdoms of the Earth, persecuting the true saints.

    In every possible manner, this power has changed time!

    God begins the days at sunset, but “the little horn” has changed it so the world now
    begins the day in the middle of the night by a man-made watch.

    God begins the week with the ending of the true Sabbath, the seventh day of the week,
    but the world begins the working week in the middle of the night, the second day of the week.

    God begins the months with the new moons, but this “little horn” has induced the world
    to begin the months according to a clumsy man-made calendar of heathen origin.

  5. #1525
    Senior Member prove-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Such efforts at church unity are paving the way for a major prophecy in the Bible to be fulfilled.

    And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
    THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

    the 47th chapter of Isaiah: “Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon,
    sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more
    be called tender and delicate. … And thou saidst, I shall be a lady for ever: so that thou
    didst not lay these things to thy heart, neither didst remember the latter end of it.

    Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly,
    that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow,
    neither shall I know the loss of children” (verses 1, 7-8).

    Here God prophesied that the Catholic Church would experience a great rebellion against
    her evil deeds—and then, in the very end time, would bring those daughters back under
    her direction; she would not “know the loss of children.”

    The Protestant Reformation was a rebellion against Catholicism. Today, however, the
    Protestants are in the process of being reunited with the Catholic Church under the pope’s rule.

    The draft statement, the first issued by the International Anglican-Roman Catholic
    Commission for Unity and Mission, is sure to generate more controversy. Indeed,
    biblical prophecy indicates that full unity will not be achieved purely voluntarily.

    At a certain point, the mother church will abandon its efforts to woo her daughters back
    by flatteries and instead revert to the age-old method of preserving “Christian” unity by
    exerting physical force.

    However, thankfully, God says the Roman Catholic Church will again suffer the loss of
    children “in a moment” (verse 9). Then Jesus Christ is going to rule the Earth.
    Time is accelerating quickly, and all of this will happen in a moment.



    Revelation 18:4
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people,
    that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
    LoveGodForever likes this.

  6. #1526
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,634
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    2 Peter/Kepha 3:15-17, "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability."


    I believe It is those that think Paul taught not to follow the Law of the Creator is what is causing the error…


    Acts 24:14, "But I confess this to you, that after the way which they call heresy, so I (Paul) worship the Father of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets."


    Romans 7:25, "Thanks be to YHWH, I have deliverance through Yahshua Messiah our King! So then, with this same mind, I myself serve the Law of YHWH, while in the flesh that is yet subject to the law of sin."


    Acts 21:24, "Take them, and be purified with them, and pay their expenses so that they may shave their heads. Then everyone will know that those things they were informed about you (forsaking the Law), were lies, and that you (Paul), yourself, walk orderly, and keep the Law."


    1 Corinthians 7:19, "For neither circumcision counts for anything nor uncircumcision, but keeping the commandments of Yah?"


    Romans 3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."


    Romans 3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


    Romans 6:1-2, "What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it?"


    1 John 3:4, "Whoever commits sin, transgresses also the Law; for sin is the transgression of the Law."


    Romans 7:7, Shall we therefore say that the Law is sin? No! By no means! But to the contrary, I did not know sin; transgression of the Law, except through the Law, for I did not know lust, unless the Law had said: Do not covet."


    Romans 7:12, "Therefore the Law is holy, and the commandments are holy, and just, and righteous."


    Ephesians 6:2-3, "Honor your father and mother; which is the first commandment with a promise: That it may be well with you, and you may live long on the earth."
    LoveGodForever and Studyman like this.
    Mt5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

    Rev21:1-2, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."

    Rom3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

    Rom3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


  7. #1527
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2017
    Age
    30
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    once again we return to weekdays and calendars.

    what is it with weekdays and calendars.

    i guess its pointless to ask if u think all the kosher rules are still binding?
    mailmandan likes this.

  8. #1528
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozy View Post
    this is what its all about. anytime we read commandments insert stone tablets

    heres an idea, what if the commandments in rev 22:14 is the commandments of Jesus? how about that.

    1John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

    Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
    Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    Hello Snoozy,

    Hope your feeling better now. The scriptures never separates LOVE from God's Law in fact it is only through LOVE that God's Law can be fulfilled in those who walk in His Spirit. This is the New Covenant of God writing His Law (10 commandments) in our heart (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    The fruit of faith is OBEDIENCE to God's Law and known disobedience or breaking God's Law (James 2:11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) is a sign of UNBELIEF and the need to seek God for forgiveness and a new Heart to LOVE through being born again.

    The scripture you quoted 1 John 3:23-24 is about LOVE but you missed the CONTEXT which is connecting LOVE to OBEDIENCE to God's 10 commandments (1 John 3:3-15)

    The second lot of scripture you quoted from Matthew 22:36-40 shows the connection between LOVE and OBEDIENCE. Jesus is actually quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 (First great commandment of LOVE to GOD) and Leviticus 19:18 (Second great commandment of LOVE to man). Jesus finishes by connecting LOVE to OBEDIENCE. On these two commandments hang all the LAW and the Prophets.

    Let's look at the scriptures and a few others.....

    Matthew 22
    36, Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    37, Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    38, This is the first and great commandment.
    39, And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    40, On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

    Links to..........

    Romans 13
    8, Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law.
    9, For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    10,
    Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

    Links to...........

    James 2

    8, If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
    9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
    10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
    11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law
    12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

    Yep Jesus, James, Paul and John all agree that Obedience is the FRUIT of LOVE to God's LAW which is by FAITH in God's Word and the work of God in those that walk by Faith following God's Word.

    On the other hand we read of those who do NOT have the fruit of FAITH which is OBEDIENCE NOT being the Children of God...

    1 John 3
    3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
    4, Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    6, Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him.
    7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

    Jesus, James, Paul and John all agree together that LOVE produces the fruit of OBEDIENCE to God's LAW through FAITH. This is the NEW Covenant (Hebrews 8:10-12)

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten ( Exodus 20:8-11 ) and like any of the ten, if we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness w e are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

    If you disagree with the above by all means prove your case from the Word of God. If you cannot you should BELIEVE God's Word because ONLY God's Word is true (Romans 3:4)

    May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.

  9. #1529
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozy View Post
    that website is whacked out. second beast usa? come on dude.

    there will never be a forced sunday worship in any country ever. stores are open 24/7 and people are less and less religious. come on. i dont know how they brainwash u guys but its working
    You are free to believe as you wish but the civil laws are already made just as the scriptures have foretold just like the prophecies have predicted all ready to be enforced.

    Sunday Blue laws of the US Wiki (linked)

  10. #1530
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
    LoveGodForever,
    re: "I am assuming you are referring to the annual Jewish festivals of Leviticus 23?"

    A bit nit picky perhaps, but the festivals of Leviticus 23 are actually refered to as the Lord's feasts and not as Jewish festivals.
    Hi rstrats,

    No problem what you have said is correct. The Jewish annual festival were indeed referred to as the Lords Feasts. I am only bringing out the point that the Levitical Priesthood had duties under the Mosaic laws for remission of sin to offer sacrifices for remission of sins at the annual festivals. Nothing more.

    May God bless you as you continue in His Word.

  11. #1531


    gb9
    gb9 is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,561
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Hello Snoozy,

    Hope your feeling better now. The scriptures never separates LOVE from God's Law in fact it is only through LOVE that God's Law can be fulfilled in those who walk in His Spirit. This is the New Covenant of God writing His Law (10 commandments) in our heart (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    The fruit of faith is OBEDIENCE to God's Law and known disobedience or breaking God's Law (James 2:11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) is a sign of UNBELIEF and the need to seek God for forgiveness and a new Heart to LOVE through being born again.

    The scripture you quoted 1 John 3:23-24 is about LOVE but you missed the CONTEXT which is connecting LOVE to OBEDIENCE to God's 10 commandments (1 John 3:3-15)

    The second lot of scripture you quoted from Matthew 22:36-40 shows the connection between LOVE and OBEDIENCE. Jesus is actually quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 (First great commandment of LOVE to GOD) and Leviticus 19:18 (Second great commandment of LOVE to man). Jesus finishes by connecting LOVE to OBEDIENCE. On these two commandments hang all the LAW and the Prophets.

    Let's look at the scriptures and a few others.....

    Matthew 22
    36, Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    37, Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    38, This is the first and great commandment.
    39, And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    40, On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

    Links to..........

    Romans 13
    8, Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law.
    9, For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    10,
    Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

    Links to...........

    James 2

    8, If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
    9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
    10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
    11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law
    12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

    Yep Jesus, James, Paul and John all agree that Obedience is the FRUIT of LOVE to God's LAW which is by FAITH in God's Word and the work of God in those that walk by Faith following God's Word.

    On the other hand we read of those who do NOT have the fruit of FAITH which is OBEDIENCE NOT being the Children of God...

    1 John 3
    3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
    4, Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    6, Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him.
    7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

    Jesus, James, Paul and John all agree together that LOVE produces the fruit of OBEDIENCE to God's LAW through FAITH. This is the NEW Covenant (Hebrews 8:10-12)

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten ( Exodus 20:8-11 ) and like any of the ten, if we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness w e are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

    If you disagree with the above by all means prove your case from the Word of God. If you cannot you should BELIEVE God's Word because ONLY God's Word is true (Romans 3:4)

    May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.
    as usual, you fail to recognize the plain truth- John speaks about commands multiple times in the first part of his 1st letter, then when he explains what the commands are to N.T. believers , you dismiss it.
    mailmandan likes this.

  12. #1532
    Senior Member lightbearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    331
    Blog Entries
    16
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozy View Post
    this is what its all about. anytime we read commandments insert stone tablets

    heres an idea, what if the commandments in rev 22:14 is the commandments of Jesus? how about that.

    1John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

    Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
    Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    (Mat 22:37-40 KJV)

    Jesus said that all the Law and prophets hang on these two. So what is meant by hang?

    The BDAG Lexicon sites on the Greek word translated hang in the KJV: "all the law and the prophets hang (depend) on these two commandments Mt 22:40 (as a door hangs on its hinges, so the whole OT hangs on these two comm."


    So one can clearly see that Love did not replace the Commandments, but that the commandment depend on Love. Love for GOD and Love for our fellow man. Like a door depends on it's hinges. Couple that with what We all ready know, For Jesus also said, "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
    (Mat 5:18 KJV)

    Since heaven and earth have not passed away, and all has not been fulfilled, not one jot or tittle has passed from the Law.

    In case one is wondering what Law. Take a look at chapter 5 in Matthew. In doing so one will clearly see the Law being mentioned is the Decalogue and those pertaining to Morality.

    So has anything changed?


    Yes; GOD says through Paul in 2 Corinthians 3, "Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

    So it is to be understood that, through that which has been written in our hearts. We are abled ministers. It is a new ministration; no longer through Tables of stone, but through the Spirit; through our hearts!


    For GOD has said, "Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (That is, to bring Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments down from above Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (That is, to bring up Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be. HIS Commandments again from the dead.) But what saith it? The word (Christ; the Word, the commandments manifested in the flesh, our flesh) is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, in thy heart, and in thy hand: that we may do it; that is, THE WORD OF FAITH, which we preach. And that is the Gospel, the Kingdom of GOD (CHRIST) in you. For GOD hath said, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them." And HE shall be our GOD and we shall be HIS people, for it is GOD that works in us both to will and do HIS good pleasure. Christ (the Word, His Commandments, GOD's will) in us the hope of Glory. For without this faith it is impossible to please GOD.

    Please notice the connections that are being made in the text being shared above. Christ, the Word, all that GOD would have us be; HIS Commandments are interchangeable in the text above because of the context and it being a quote from Deut. 30. Which by the way is just another way of saying what God shared in Jeremiah 31:33 and Hebrews 8:10. And mind you this work in our hearts and minds is the Gospel . And this Gospel is the word of faith in which we preach. It is our Salvation!
    (2Co 3:3-6; Rom 10:6-8; Deut 30:11-14; Heb 8:10)
    LoveGodForever and Studyman like this.

  13. #1533
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by prove-all View Post
    Any country ever? You might want to read history about the holy roman empire,
    and forced sunday observance in the past ages. Today THE CALL FOR SUNDAY REST,
    and linking this with care for the climate.

    The popes has been a strong advocate of the revival of Sunday keeping. “Without Sunday
    [worship], we cannot live!” Pope Benedict xvi declared during a mass on Sept. 9, 2007,
    stating that it was a “necessity” for all people.

    The Roman Catholic Church has been fighting to make Sunday observance
    again mandatory in Europe for quite some time now.

    The principle of Sunday rest is already codified in EU law for all employees under 18,
    within the 1994 Protection of Young People at Work Directive.

    March 2017 Catholic Church wants to ban working on sundays
    https://www.total-croatia-news.com/b...king-on-sunday

    Monday 5 September 2016 Polish draft law on limitation of commerce on Sundays
    More than half a million signatures in support of Polish draft law on limitation of commerce on Sundays - Uni Europa

    November 23, 2016 EU bishops back Pillar of Social Rights, call for recognition of Sunday rest
    https://www.catholicculture.org/news...?storyid=30022
    --
    Germany’s Quiet Sundays’

    For Germans, whether religious or otherwise, Sunday is a sacred day of rest.
    That’s what the Wall Street Journal said in its Life & Style section on March 23.

    “Germany holds to much the same Monday-to-Friday workweek rhythm as the rest
    of the world, but on Sundays it skips a beat,” wrote Frankfurt-based assistant news
    editor Sarah Sloat in her article
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/from-the...man+and+Sunday

    She continues:

    This uber-efficient country, which puts more restrictions on Sunday activities
    than nearly all of its neighbors, nearly shuts down. …

    Opening Sundays to shopping is fiercely resisted .… Efforts by retailers and businesses
    to loosen the rules have also been unsuccessful. But a blanket prohibition was lifted in 2006,
    when states were allowed to designate a certain number of Sundays as open for shopping.
    In Hesse, where Frankfurt is located, four are permitted each year.

    So normal labor and commerce are tightly restricted on Sundays. But what if residents
    want to spend their Sunday doing yard work around their homes? Sloat answers this:

    Laws regulating shopping hours and noise levels mean stores shut, lawnmowers fall silent,
    and woe unto him who flips the switch on an electric tool. … Sonntagsruhe is one term
    they use. It simply means “Sunday rest.”

    Anyone considering undertaking outdoor chores or home improvements will be in
    for a surprise. Regulations limit noise levels, forbidding the use of electric tools
    like drills and leaf blowers, as well as hammering, sawing and loud music.

    At recycling containers, it’s even prohibited to throw away glass jars and bottles
    on Sunday because of the noise. Heavy trucks are banned from German roads on Sunday
    … to relieve streets and cities of noise and traffic, and to give drivers a break.

    The wsj article makes only a passing and vague mention of the influence of “churches”
    on Germany’s reverence for Sundays. But there is one specific church which lies at
    the very heart of why Germany “skips a beat” on Sundays: Roman Catholicism.

    the Brussels-based European Sunday Alliance, a network of dozens of religious
    and nonreligious organizations from 27 European nations whose purpose,
    according to its website, is to “raise awareness of the unique value of synchronized
    free time for our European societies.”

    At the helm of these crusaders for Sunday rest is the Roman Catholic Church.

    On March 3, the European Sunday Alliance met in Brussels with politicians from
    all around the European Union for a “Call for Action” about banning Sunday work.
    European Sunday Alliance - Legal victory for the protection of a work-free Sunday

    The press release for the meeting says:

    Stop Sunday Work Now! … Europe is not only an economic but also a social and
    cultural community. … The “economization” of Sundays and public holidays
    deepens social divisions at the expense of workers and their families.

    The common weekly day of rest is a clear and visible sign for the reconciliation
    of personal, family and professional life. … We need a Europe-wide Sunday protection.
    [T]he European Sunday Alliance draws attention to Sunday as the common weekly day
    of rest which enables EU citizens to live their citizenship together.
    -
    Why does this Sunday alliance exist and work so arduously to influence Europe’s
    labor laws? Why is the Catholic Church so adamant about instituting a Continent-wide
    day of rest? And why must it be Sunday instead of another day of the week?

    In large part, it is because it was the Catholic Church—in intentional violation
    of biblical teachings—that appointed Sunday as a day of rest and worship.

    The Vatican is proud of the success it had in this colossal feat, and Sunday rest
    has become a mark of the Catholic Church’s authority.

    This truth is best explained by the Vatican’s own:

    ¦“Sunday is a Catholic institution and its claim to observance can be defended only on Catholic principles. … From beginning to end of Scripture there is not a single passage that warrants the transfer of weekly public worship from the last day of the week to the first” (Catholic Press, August 1900).

    ¦“Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act. … And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical authority in religious things” (letter from the office of Cardinal Gibbons, Nov. 11, 1895).

    ¦“The church is above the Bible; and this transference of Sabbath observance from Saturday to Sunday is proof positive of that fact. Deny the authority of the church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third—Protestant Fourth—Commandment of God” (The Catholic Record, Sept. 1, 1923).

    ¦“Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. ‘The day of the Lord’ (dies Dominica) [or “Sunday”] was chosen, not from any direction noted in the Scriptures, but from the church’s sense of its own power. … People who think that the Scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically … keep Saturday holy” (Saint Catherine Catholic Church Sentinel, May 21, 1995).
    -
    The March meeting, and the European Sunday Alliance’s ongoing efforts are bringing the Vatican-influenced EU closer to declaring Sunday as the official Continent-wide day of rest. Any steps in that direction should alarm religious liberty watchers, those concerned about a failure to separate church and state, and anyone familiar with Catholicism’s violent history.
    -
    Historically, when the Catholic Church has started telling everyone to observe Sunday, it has soon after started enforcing that law with brutality. Take the Council of Laodicea, for example. In a.d. 363, the Catholic Church proclaimed that all those who did not keep Sunday, but rather rested on Saturday, were “anathema”—cursed, or excommunicated—from Christ. The Roman Empire then started torturing and martyring all who disobeyed. After Charlemagne gained power over Europe, he too began murdering those who kept Saturday. Throughout the Middle Ages, Saturday observers were tortured and murdered at the behest of the Catholic Church.

    Every time Europe has been strong and united, it has enforced Sunday worship.
    Europe is becoming united, and its leaders are once again trying to enforce Sunday.

    As in the past, when the Catholic Church has the power to enforce Sunday,
    life will be brutal for those who disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by prove-all View Post
    Such efforts at church unity are paving the way for a major prophecy in the Bible to be fulfilled.

    And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
    THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

    the 47th chapter of Isaiah: “Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon,
    sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more
    be called tender and delicate. … And thou saidst, I shall be a lady for ever: so that thou
    didst not lay these things to thy heart, neither didst remember the latter end of it.

    Therefore hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly,
    that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; I shall not sit as a widow,
    neither shall I know the loss of children” (verses 1, 7-8).

    Here God prophesied that the Catholic Church would experience a great rebellion against
    her evil deeds—and then, in the very end time, would bring those daughters back under
    her direction; she would not “know the loss of children.”

    The Protestant Reformation was a rebellion against Catholicism. Today, however, the
    Protestants are in the process of being reunited with the Catholic Church under the pope’s rule.

    The draft statement, the first issued by the International Anglican-Roman Catholic
    Commission for Unity and Mission, is sure to generate more controversy. Indeed,
    biblical prophecy indicates that full unity will not be achieved purely voluntarily.

    At a certain point, the mother church will abandon its efforts to woo her daughters back
    by flatteries and instead revert to the age-old method of preserving “Christian” unity by
    exerting physical force.

    However, thankfully, God says the Roman Catholic Church will again suffer the loss of
    children “in a moment” (verse 9). Then Jesus Christ is going to rule the Earth.
    Time is accelerating quickly, and all of this will happen in a moment.

    Revelation 18:4
    And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people,
    that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
    Absolutely, Thanks for sharing Prove-All

    Here is some interesting bit's and pieces of interest........

    Catholic Church confessions on changing God’s 4th commandment from Saturday to Sunday within Christianity………….


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrB21mc2fmI

    Revelations 17
    4, And the woman (Church) was arrayed in purple and scarlet color,
    and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations.....





    Revelations 17
    4, And the woman (Church)
    was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations......



    2 Thessalonians 2
    3,
    Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4, Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

    The next verses speak specifically about God in Heaven…..

    Revelation 20
    11,
    And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

    Again……..

    Isaiah 37
    16
    , O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwells between the cherubim, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

    Now please NOTE; who is sitting on the GREAT WHITE THRONE and SITTING BETWEEN TWO CHERIBIM’S………





    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten ( Exodus 20:8-11 ) and like any of the ten, if we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness w e are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

    May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.

  14. #1534
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2011
    Age
    78
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Snoozy,
    re: "i guess its pointless to ask if... all the kosher rules are still binding?


    Not pointless at all. If you are trying to find out if they are still binding, the answer is that there is no scriptural reason to think that they aren't.
    LoveGodForever and Beez like this.

  15. #1535
    Senior Member pckts's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2017
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,453
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by rstrats View Post
    Snoozy,
    re: "i guess its pointless to ask if... all the kosher rules are still binding?


    Not pointless at all. If you are trying to find out if they are still binding, the answer is that there is no scriptural reason to think that they aren't.

    Mark 7:19
    Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?

  16. #1536
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Hello Snoozy,

    Hope your feeling better now. The scriptures never separates LOVE from God's Law in fact it is only through LOVE that God's Law can be fulfilled in those who walk in His Spirit. This is the New Covenant of God writing His Law (10 commandments) in our heart (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    The fruit of faith is OBEDIENCE to God's Law and known disobedience or breaking God's Law (James 2:11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) is a sign of UNBELIEF and the need to seek God for forgiveness and a new Heart to LOVE through being born again.

    The scripture you quoted 1 John 3:23-24 is about LOVE but you missed the CONTEXT which is connecting LOVE to OBEDIENCE to God's 10 commandments (1 John 3:3-15)

    The second lot of scripture you quoted from Matthew 22:36-40 shows the connection between LOVE and OBEDIENCE. Jesus is actually quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 (First great commandment of LOVE to GOD) and Leviticus 19:18 (Second great commandment of LOVE to man). Jesus finishes by connecting LOVE to OBEDIENCE. On these two commandments hang all the LAW and the Prophets.

    Let's look at the scriptures and a few others.....

    Matthew 22
    36, Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    37, Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    38, This is the first and great commandment.
    39, And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    40, On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

    Links to..........

    Romans 13
    8, Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another hath fulfilled the law.
    9, For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    10,
    Love works no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

    Links to...........

    James 2

    8, If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
    9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
    10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
    11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law
    12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

    Yep Jesus, James, Paul and John all agree that Obedience is the FRUIT of LOVE to God's LAW which is by FAITH in God's Word and the work of God in those that walk by Faith following God's Word.

    On the other hand we read of those who do NOT have the fruit of FAITH which is OBEDIENCE NOT being the Children of God...

    1 John 3
    3, And every man that hath this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
    4, Whosoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
    5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
    6, Whosoever abides in him sins not: whosoever sins hath not seen him, neither known him.
    7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
    8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

    Jesus, James, Paul and John all agree together that LOVE produces the fruit of OBEDIENCE to God's LAW through FAITH. This is the NEW Covenant (Hebrews 8:10-12)

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten ( Exodus 20:8-11 ) and like any of the ten, if we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness w e are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

    Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

    Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

    If you disagree with the above by all means prove your case from the Word of God. If you cannot you should BELIEVE God's Word because ONLY God's Word is true (Romans 3:4)

    May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.
    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    as usual, you fail to recognize the plain truth- John speaks about commands multiple times in the first part of his 1st letter, then when he explains what the commands are to N.T. believers , you dismiss it.
    Hello gb9,

    Everything is as it should be, Jesus, James, Paul and John all agree you cannot separate LOVE from OBEDIENCE to God's LAW. If you do not believe the scriptures posted above please tell us your thoughts and share the scriptures from God's Word. If you cannot we should believe God and follow Him who loves all.

  17. #1537


    gb9
    gb9 is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,561
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    I already did. I explained what commands John said to keep in his 1st letter. you ignored that explaination, and asked me to explain again.

    so, do you believe in the Trinity, or are you oneness?
    mailmandan likes this.

  18. #1538
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    I already did. I explained what commands John said to keep in his 1st letter. you ignored that explaination, and asked me to explain again.

    so, do you believe in the Trinity, or are you oneness?
    Yet you ignore the CONTEXT of 1 John 3:23-24 which is 1 John 3:3-15 which is talking about those who break God's Law are not from God and do NOT know God.

  19. #1539


    gb9
    gb9 is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,561
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Yet you ignore the CONTEXT of 1 John 3:23-24 which is 1 John 3:3-15 which is talking about those who break God's Law are not from God.
    well, since 1st John is a letter, and John wrote a lot about commands, then he explained what the commands were, that is context.

    oneness or Trinity ? answer please.
    mailmandan likes this.

  20. #1540
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    well, since 1st John is a letter, and John wrote a lot about commands, then he explained what the commands were, that is context.

    oneness or Trinity ? answer please.
    Hi gb9,

    I am not sure what you are asking here. Are you changing the subject? Anyhow it is not important. God's Word does not separate LOVE from God's LAW (10 commandments) even Jesus says on these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets and as has been shown above. James, John and Paul all agree with Jesus.

    May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.

Similar Threads

  1. truth about the sabbath
    By moonbeam in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2015, 12:41 AM
  2. The Truth About The Sabbath
    By Josh321 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 611
    Last Post: June 17th, 2015, 04:11 PM
  3. Sabbath truth...
    By Scuba in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: September 13th, 2014, 05:06 PM
  4. The Hidden Sabbath Truth
    By UriahSmith1844 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
  5. The real truth about the Son of God
    By AtonedFor in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 15th, 2012, 06:55 AM