Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 196
Like Tree191Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Christ's Teaching

  1. #21
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    46,725
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    By the way, if anyone wonders what this is all about. Go to my thread which I started yesterday, and see where JJ came into my thread, and started accusing and posting thast I said or believe things wh9ch I have never stated, and when I asked for proof that I said what he said I did, he refused, Just like he is doing here.
    However, I did not come into this thread to attack JJ it even judge him (prove4n by my post) I came in to discuss what a few people were trying to discuss about the topic.

    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  2. #22
    Senior Member JaumeJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2011
    Age
    73
    Posts
    11,196
    Blog Entries
    36
    Rep Power
    127

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Now that is just plain ignorant. Slander is spoken, it is liable that is written...

    I have not reported yours, nor am I going to do so. May God protect you from venom.
    Stunnedbygrace likes this.
    From the Mouth of our Lord, Jesus Christ, or do you call Him Yeshua?
    Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.


  3. #23
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    46,725
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by JaumeJ View Post
    Now that is just plain ignorant. Slander is spoken, it is liable that is written...

    I have not reported yours, nor am I going to do so. May God protect you from venom.
    So this excuses you from doing what you did.

    lol.. You scare me man,, I am honestly worried about you.
    preacher4truth likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  4. #24
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,137
    Rep Power
    120

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by JaumeJ View Post
    When I post here, it is in the spirit of sharing the Word as taught by Jesus Christ. I may not always convey what I understand perfectly, but then the great Teacher is Jesus Christ not I. Even if my rendition may not be perfect the Hoy Spirit will fill in and correct where it is so for the believing reader or hearer.......I believe this.

    When posting each day, I ask God to guide my words, and to actually be in them vrom Jesus. I believe He is for any who already believe and are guided by the Holy Spirit.

    If at times what I pass on seems offensive, keep in mind my Teacher was taken also as being offensive to the hypocrites.

    So with this wordy introduction, I wish to convey from Jesus Christ once more, "Faith without works is no faith at all."

    Either you understand this teaching vial Paul from our Lord or you are in darkness related to gratitude.


    God bless all in Jesus Christ and who hear Him! God bless all who are not yet there, in Jesus christ's fame, amen.
    Wow...unbelievable. God will fill in the words he types. We're hypocrites if offended and in darkness if we don't agree, and if we don't hear him we don't want to hear from Christ. LOL!!!!!

    The humility is at an apex in the above!

    Then of course the token "God bless...in Jesus christ's <sic> fame <sic>..."

    To top off the asininity? Read the signature of the OP. And the OP actually got "likes" lolzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by preacher4truth; 1 Week Ago at 02:30 PM.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    I threw out the writings of Moses because he killed that Egyptian guy.

  5. #25
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    46,725
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Back to the op. Can anyone explain to me how a person of True faith can have no works, is it even possible?
    mailmandan likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  6. #26
    Senior Member JaumeJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2011
    Age
    73
    Posts
    11,196
    Blog Entries
    36
    Rep Power
    127

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    It is almost 8 PM here..........I know all will be well because Jesus christ is in charge. You know well I have left the last two threads because you have followed me and I asked to be left in peace because for the sake of peae I was unsubscribing.

    You really should come to grips with the reality that you are not the center of Christian Chat. I know I am not. I am only here to paricipate in the dicussion and sharing of Jesus christ, theWord of God, God, amen. Good night you silly person.
    From the Mouth of our Lord, Jesus Christ, or do you call Him Yeshua?
    Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.


  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,883
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by JaumeJ View Post
    So with this wordy introduction, I wish to convey from Jesus Christ once more, "Faith without works is no faith at all."
    If you are referring to James 2nd chapter, it is faith in God's Providence without works that is a dead faith as seen by others.

    Faith in Jesus Christ without works saves. To look to good works to declare that saving faith or to prove that saving faith, voids that saving faith. We look to Jesus Christ for that saving faith as He is our hope.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    Correct. Any Christian who understands Gospel truth would know that this is exactly what the New Testament teaches.

    King James Bible
    This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

    The connection between faith and good works is very clear in this verse (Titus 3:8)
    If you are referring to saving faith, no it is not.

    Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

    Paul is stating all his good works done since he had been saved had nothing to do with his salvation or proving it.

    But he said for believers to be careful in maintaining good works... not for proof of saving faith, but that good works were profitable unto men.

    Many believers have been saved by believing the gospel, but are not following Jesus in these latter days. That is not proof that they are not saved nor does it mean they are fake christians. It means they need discipleship in learning about Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd and all His promises to them for help in laying aside every weight & sin in following Him. Indeed, there are former believers out there that are still saved. but are at risk in being left behind.

    That is why the call to depart from iniquity is given out to even former believers so that they may be received as vessels unto honor in His House at the pre trib rapture event, rather than be a castaway to be received later on as a vessel unto dishonor in His House.

    2 Timothy 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

    Any iniquity denies Him and by that iniquity, saved believers will be denied by Him, BUT He still abides. This is why His disciples are to make disciples of other believers so that they too may look to Him as their Good Shepherd for help in following Him and be received by the Bridegroom as a vessel unto honor too at the pre trib rapture event. That is the eternal glory that awaits His disciples that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus, but not all believers will depart from iniquity, but He still abides which is why there are vessels unto dishonor in His House to be received after the great tribulation.

    2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

  8. #28
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    46,725
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by JaumeJ View Post
    It is almost 8 PM here..........I know all will be well because Jesus christ is in charge. You know well I have left the last two threads because you have followed me and I asked to be left in peace because for the sake of peae I was unsubscribing.

    You really should come to grips with the reality that you are not the center of Christian Chat. I know I am not. I am only here to paricipate in the dicussion and sharing of Jesus christ, theWord of God, God, amen. Good night you silly person.
    You should come to groups that when you sin against a brother, and make false accusations against them, The body of Christ should come to you and ask for you to repent.

    When people show you where you have sinned, or at the very least, ask you to back up your words with proof. You do not ignore them, walk away, or say you are being attacked. You own up to your accusations and prove your point.

    Your right, All will be well.. If you do not repent. All will be well. If you do repent, all will be better (at least maybe you can start having conversations with people with meaning, because you truly understand what they say)

    As for your continued attack against me in this thread, it is uncalled for. Unprovoked. And I pray the ops see what is going on here.
    preacher4truth likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  9. #29
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,956
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Enow View Post
    If you are referring to saving faith, no it is not.
    Why don't you read that Scripture once again -- slowly and carefully.

    1. they which have believed in God -- those who have believed the Gospel and been saved by grace through faith.

    2. .. might be careful to maintain good works -- meaning after they have been saved, not as a means of salvation
    7seasrekeyed likes this.

  10. #30
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    your re4fusal to read anything I wrote is amazing. Then your response to my post is even more amazing, when you obvious have not read a word I wrote.



    My response was not even direct4ed to you, I just made a statement about what I thought.

    so once again, You hurt your own testimony by not reading or understand what someone said. How you are not convicted of this is just amazing.

    But hey, if you want top keep proving you do not read. I will keep showing you how you do not comprehend a wo4rd I say
    By the way, if anyone wonders what this is all about. Go to my thread which I started yesterday, and see where JJ came into my thread, and started accusing and posting thast I said or believe things wh9ch I have never stated, and when I asked for proof that I said what he said I did, he refused, Just like he is doing here.
    However, I did not come into this thread to attack JJ it even judge him (prove4n by my post) I came in to discuss what a few people were trying to discuss about the topic.

    oh good grief

    you so badly misunderstand

    trust me

    we actually can have a thread without your prior approval and not every thread is written to counter what you say

    rinse and repeat

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,861
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    EG please stop the pressing of Jaumej.. why not humble yourself and contact him in private.. you both have been members long time and will know much already about each other’s beliefs.. this ongoing behaviour is worsening not improving the situation.

    Prowling around carrying it on is not nice and probably is making a poor example.

  12. #32


    VCO
    VCO is offline
    Senior Member VCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2013
    Age
    68
    Posts
    5,714
    Rep Power
    58

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by JaumeJ View Post
    When I post here, it is in the spirit of sharing the Word as taught by Jesus Christ. I may not always convey what I understand perfectly, but then the great Teacher is Jesus Christ not I. Even if my rendition may not be perfect the Hoy Spirit will fill in and correct where it is so for the believing reader or hearer.......I believe this.

    When posting each day, I ask God to guide my words, and to actually be in them vrom Jesus. I believe He is for any who already believe and are guided by the Holy Spirit.

    If at times what I pass on seems offensive, keep in mind my Teacher was taken also as being offensive to the hypocrites.

    So with this wordy introduction, I wish to convey from Jesus Christ once more, "Faith without works is no faith at all."

    Either you understand this teaching vial Paul from our Lord or you are in darkness related to gratitude.


    God bless all in Jesus Christ and who hear Him! God bless all who are not yet there, in Jesus christ's fame, amen.

    Galatians 5:4 (CSBBible)
    4 You who are trying to be justified by the law are alienated from Christ; you have fallen from grace.
    Grandpa and mailmandan like this.

    t t t
    Titus 2:13
    VCO

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,861
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    Galatians 5:4 (CSBBible)
    4 You who are trying to be justified by the law are alienated from Christ; you have fallen from grace.
    Galatians 5

    5
    Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

    2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
    3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
    4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
    5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
    6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
    7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?



    Did Jaumej state he or others should be circumcised?

    If not then then you should retract that verse.


    JaumeJ likes this.

  14. #34


    VCO
    VCO is offline
    Senior Member VCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2013
    Age
    68
    Posts
    5,714
    Rep Power
    58

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by loveme1 View Post
    Galatians 5

    5
    Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

    2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
    3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
    4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
    5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
    6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
    7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?



    Did Jaumej state he or others should be circumcised?

    If not then then you should retract that verse.


    That instant the HAVE TO OBEY THE LAW, debate was about circumcision, but the point is any time you say HAVE TO OBEY THE LAW to be Saved, NO MATTER what LAW you are talking about, you have added to SAVATION IS BY GRACE, and the same Context would be applicable. Those who say true Christians are have to worship on Saturday, have crossed the same line back into bondage to Law.

    Our Obedience is to be an act of willing LOVE for HIM, or it worthless filthy rags.


    Titus 3:5-7 (HCSB)
    5 He saved us— not by works of righteousness that we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
    6 He poured out this ⌊Spirit⌋ on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
    7 so that having been justified by His grace, we may become heirs with the hope of eternal life.

    Okay, I will ignore this thread. But Salvation is NOT BY WORKS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, however those who WERE SAVED By Grace through Faith alone, are those who will want to show their LOVE for GOD by striving to walk in obedience.



    Grandpa and mailmandan like this.

    t t t
    Titus 2:13
    VCO

  15. #35
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    46,725
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by 7seasrekeyed View Post
    oh good grief

    you so badly misunderstand

    trust me

    we actually can have a thread without your prior approval and not every thread is written to counter what you say

    rinse and repeat
    who in Gods name said I disapproved of this thread? In fact can you show in my first post where i attacked thge op?

    you people are amazing.. I can only assume no one reads what anyone says anymore.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  16. #36
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    46,725
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by loveme1 View Post
    EG please stop the pressing of Jaumej.. why not humble yourself and contact him in private.. you both have been members long time and will know much already about each other’s beliefs.. this ongoing behaviour is worsening not improving the situation.

    Prowling around carrying it on is not nice and probably is making a poor example.
    as long as he continues his nonsense, I will confront him,

    people want this stuff to stop. force JJ to fess up to what he is doing.

    My God I only came in here and made a point, I did not attack the op or say a word to him, or address my post to him,


    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  17. #37
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,091
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    who in Gods name said I disapproved of this thread? In fact can you show in my first post where i attacked thge op?

    you people are amazing.. I can only assume no one reads what anyone says anymore.
    uh...the above is actually taking God's name in vain. you seem really above your comprehension level if your posts mean anything and I am not the only one telling you that

    take a chill pill dude

    you really are best ignored but you are pretty much over the top accusing the op here
    JaumeJ likes this.

  18. #38
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    46,725
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by 7seasrekeyed View Post
    uh...the above is actually taking God's name in vain. you seem really above your comprehension level if your posts mean anything and I am not the only one telling you that

    take a chill pill dude

    you really are best ignored but you are pretty much over the top accusing the op here


    The op is getting what he deserved based on what he has done the past few days. I did not attack him in this thread. Yet he came after me arms swinging.

    Again, He gets what he deserves. If you people want to justify a sinner as being ok. Its no wonder people are the weary they are.

    You want to ignore me, Please do. The op should have ignored me months ago, but he chose not to and chose to do what he did. Its on him. Whether you like it or not is not my concern.

    (See how you could not show me where my first post attacked the op? Or where I disapproved of the op?)


    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  19. #39
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    46,725
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    PS, who in Gods name is not taking Gods name in vein, It is asking who got the authority from God to do what they did.

    IN HIS name, means in his authority. Or under his approval.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  20. #40
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,956
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Christ's Teaching

    Quote Originally Posted by VCO View Post
    Galatians 5:4 (CSBBible)
    4 You who are trying to be justified by the law are alienated from Christ; you have fallen from grace.
    Pray tell, how is this even relevant to what was posted thus:

    So with this wordy introduction, I wish to convey from Jesus Christ once more, "Faith without works is no faith at all."

    This is clearly not about justification but sanctification. We are not saved by good works but we are saved UNTO good works, and that is all that has been said by this poster. And the epistles of James expands on this teaching.
    JaumeJ likes this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do we follow the Teaching of Christ
    By JaumeJ in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2017, 10:22 AM