Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 137 of 137
Like Tree181Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: What is the NEW covenant

  1. #121
    Member 7777pinacled's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    I noticed you did not answer the other questions. Which were...........

    Are you trying to say that there is no such thing as someone who practices unrepentant sin?

    Also is someone that is living a life of known SIN is a saved state before God or an unsaved state before God?


    Sorry I just do not know the purpose or meaning of your earlier post as it only seems to support your friend by saying there is no such thing as unrepentant sin which is someone that has chosen to continue a life of sin.

    That was the reason for my questions above and earlier. Are you able to expand on what you are trying to say?

    The Cup is A part of the Holy place.
    Faith in the Holy Spirits filled course will lead a person to where they need to be in right standing with the Lord of Lights in His Time.

    Our responsibility as stewards is to tend and nurture as many as the good Lord sends to be mended by His Word.
    LoveGodForever likes this.

  2. #122
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,877
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    Your first sentence could be said of us all.
    As you point out in James.
    If we break one commandment we break them all.
    Standing beside God and saying I kept 9 of them will not cut it.

    Hebrews 10 is a total rejection of God and the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross for the forgiveness of sins.

    10:26-31: The author interjects a strong warning concerning the danger of rejecting God’s Son and his authoritative word. The warning challenges hearers to respond with a commitment to follow Christ.
    10:26-27: deliberately: Open rebellion against God’s laws was described as “sinning with a high hand” (see note on Num 15:30-31). Here the author has in mind specifically a rejection of Christ and his work. Christ’s sacrifice for sins has done away with the sacrificial system of the old covenant (9:11–10:18). If a person rejects the Son’s sacrifice, there is no other sacrifice—nowhere else to go—for forgiveness. A person who rejects Christ can only expect judgment as one of God’s enemies (cp. Isa 26:10-11).


    We need to take it further with regards to keeping the commands.

    1 John 3:14-15
    14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

    However if at a point in time if we die with unrepentant sin as a genuine believer do we go to hell?

    Like when my mum through me out whilst calling me ######### and saying I should have aborted you
    And then spread rumours that I was gay and had AIDS and I hated her for it.

    Then I was fostered.

    If I had died 5 minutes after my sexual abuser had finished doing what he did and I hated him for it, then according to you I'm going to hell.

    As you say

    I'm sure I've been here with you before (if memory serves me)

    Anyway given your quote above it comes across as callous, unloving and non caring.

    I hope before you die you have no unrepentant sin in your life.
    I wouldn't want you to spend eternity in hell with this miserable sinner.
    Hi BillG

    God knows everyone's circumstances and in times of ignorance he winks at. It is not until he gives you a knowledge of His truth that he calls you to repent of your SINS and FOLLOW Him according to His Word. You say that how I share God's Word is callous, unloving and not caring.

    I will say that it is only because I LOVE my God and my fellow man that I am hear sharing God's Word.

    SIN will keep all who practice it out of God's Kingdom. Only Jesus (God's Word) gives LIFE to those who seek him and BELIEVE His Word and follow him who calls them. Many are called but few are chosen because men love darkness rather then light because their deeds are evil. We need to point all to God's Word because Jesus is the Word and it is only in the Word of God that any can find him and find safety from the roaring lion.

    I can say all nice things to everyone like most here but then I would not be fulfilling my duty of LOVE to God and my fellow man but my brother will say to me on the day of judgement you knew and why did you not tell me? The Gospel is the Word of God (Jesus) and we are to live be EVERY WORD of it. He must increase and I must decrease. I am no one only a messenger who points to the Word of God. We must BELIEVE and FOLLOW it if we wish to follow the lamb who loves all. Only in him are we free to LOVE all as he first loved us.

    Our duty of love to our fellow man to to prepare all for God's Kingdom.

  3. #123
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,877
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoozy View Post
    so i was right.

    here is the sda translation of the gospel:

    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, so that whosever believeth in Him (and keeps the sabbath) should not perish but should have everlasting life (unless he stops keeping the sabbath)

    For by grace are ye saved through sabbathkeeping, it is not of yourselves it is the gift of God lest any man should boast.

    Repent and keep the sabbath and thou shalt be saved.

    anytime u see the words obedience or commandments used by this guy, know that he is specificlaly saying if u dont keep the sabbath u are LOST. remember that. dont be tricked.
    Well Snoozy this post is not true at all.....

    We are ONLY saved by GRACE through FAITH and NOT of OURSELVES it is a GIFT OF GOD and not of WORKS Lest any man should boast (Ephesians 2:8)

    It's never been about following the law its always been about following Christ by faith through love alone. Faith that works by love is what fulfills God's Law in those that walk in His Spirit (Romans 13:8-10).

    Obedience is only the fruit of faith and a sign that someone is genuinely following God's Word (Matthew 7:17-27). If you seek obedience without faith you will never attain it because this is the gift of God written on the heart (Ephesians 2:8; Galatians 2:16; Hebrews 8:10-12).

    But if you believe God's Word, your faith will be counted for righteousness in God's eyes (Romans 1:17; Philippians 3:9). If your faith does not have the fruit of obedience (God's work in you) than you are still in your sins and have not seen him or known him and your faith is dead (Philippians 2:13; Hebrews 10:26-27; 1 John 2:2-4; 1 John 3:3-9).

    What we are talking about is SIN and how SIN will keep all who practice it OUT of God's Kingdom. If you profess to have saving FAITH but your faith does NOT have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE to God's Word then your faith is DEAD and you are still in your SINS and do not KNOW him who calls us in LOVE to LOVE all as he first LOVED us. LOVE is the fulfilling of the LAW in those who walk by FAITH in God's Spirit. (James 2:18; 20; 26; Romans 13:8-10; 1 John 3:3-10; James 2:8-12; Matthew 7:13-20)

    There are only two classes of people spoken about in God's Word. These are those that follow God by Faith through LOVE and those that do not. Those that do NOT BELIEVE have rejected His Word. Those that have NOT Heard the WORD are ignorant and God winks at. Those that have heard the Word however and have rejected God's Word are UNBELIEVERS and unless they repent and confess their SINS they WILL NOT Enter into God's Kingdom (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    The rest of the scriptures you did not quote........

    John 3
    16, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever BELIEVES in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. <Who is he? He is the Word of God John 1:1-14)
    17, For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    18, He that BELIEVES on him is not condemned: but he that BELIEVES NOT IS CONDEMNED already, because he hath not believed in the name <name Jesus means Savior John 1:21; the Word is our Savior as we BELIEVE> of the only begotten Son of God.
    19, And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
    20, For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.3
    21, But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

    Only those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God are HIS people (Rev 12:17; Rev 14:12; Rev 22:14; 1 John 2:3-4; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:3-10)

    May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word

  4. #124
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,319
    Rep Power
    186

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Hi BillG

    God knows everyone's circumstances and in times of ignorance he winks at. It is not until he gives you a knowledge of His truth that he calls you to repent of your SINS and FOLLOW Him according to His Word. You say that how I share God's Word is callous, unloving and not caring.

    I will say that it is only because I LOVE my God and my fellow man that I am hear sharing God's Word.

    SIN will keep all who practice it out of God's Kingdom. Only Jesus (God's Word) gives LIFE to those who seek him and BELIEVE His Word and follow him who calls them. Many are called but few are chosen because men love darkness rather then light because their deeds are evil. We need to point all to God's Word because Jesus is the Word and it is only in the Word of God that any can find him and find safety from the roaring lion.

    I can say all nice things to everyone like most here but then I would not be fulfilling my duty of LOVE to God and my fellow man but my brother will say to me on the day of judgement you knew and why did you not tell me? The Gospel is the Word of God (Jesus) and we are to live be EVERY WORD of it. He must increase and I must decrease. I am no one only a messenger who points to the Word of God. We must BELIEVE and FOLLOW it if we wish to follow the lamb who loves all. Only in him are we free to LOVE all as he first loved us.

    Our duty of love to our fellow man to to prepare all for God's Kingdom.
    Yet my hate was not ignorance.
    My hate needed healing of pain and hurt.

    It took me 20+ years to forgive my abuser.

    Yet on his deathbed I was on his deathbed and praying for him.
    I sorted out his estate at my expense, not his.

    So for those 20+ years was I practising sin?

    The knowledge that set me free was that God truly loved me, Bill. That I am his son.

    Ps I never knew my dad either.
    Just a couple of memories that were not pleasant either.
    LoveGodForever likes this.
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  5. #125
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,440
    Rep Power
    117

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    You are good!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    NIV: 0 Bible results for “UNREPENTANT SIN .”

    KJV: 0 Bible results for “UNREPENTANT SIN .”

    ESV: 0 Bible results for “unrepentant sin.”

    NASB: 0 Bible results for “unrepentant sin.”

    NKJV: 0 Bible results for “unrepentant sin.”

    OJB: 0 Bible results for “unrepentant sin.”

    RSV: 0 Bible results for “unrepentant sin.”

    YLT: 0 Bible results for “unrepentant sin.”
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  6. #126
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,877
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    Yet my hate was not ignorance.
    My hate needed healing of pain and hurt.

    It took me 20+ years to forgive my abuser.

    Yet on his deathbed I was on his deathbed and praying for him.
    I sorted out his estate at my expense, not his.

    So for those 20+ years was I practising sin?

    The knowledge that set me free was that God truly loved me, Bill. That I am his son.

    Ps I never knew my dad either.
    Just a couple of memories that were not pleasant either.
    Praise be to God Bill!

    God is not slack concerning His promises but is long suffering and patient not willing that anyone should perish and be lost.

    As you have received Jesus (by Faith in His Word) we are to walk in Him. When we are a babe in Christ we do not know everything as we need to learn of Him (the Word) and grow in Grace and the knowledge of Him who loves all. God onlt holds us accountable for what we know and not what we do not know.

    As we continue in the Faith of God's Word we continue to grow in Him who loves all and he frees us to LOVE as he first LOVED us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW Him. This is the operation of God to LOVE.

    God reveals NEW things to us when we are in ignorance of His Word so that we can grow and have a closer walk with him. When he reveals his truth to us, God expects us to be like the faithful Bareans and seek Him through His Spirit of truth to guide us in His Word to see if these things be true then we are to FOLLOW him who calls us out of darkness into the light, because he is the light. God's sheep hear His Voice because he is the Word....

    Thanks for sharing your testimony...

  7. #127
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,877
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    You are good!!
    Hello UG

    Only God is good and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW His Word if we want to be his people. If we are living a life of SIN we do not know him (1 John 3:6)

  8. #128
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,319
    Rep Power
    186

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Praise be to God Bill!

    God is not slack concerning His promises but is long suffering and patient not willing that anyone should perish and be lost.

    As you have received Jesus (by Faith in His Word) we are to walk in Him. When we are a babe in Christ we do not know everything as we need to learn of Him (the Word) and grow in Grace and the knowledge of Him who loves all. God onlt holds us accountable for what we know and not what we do not know.

    As we continue in the Faith of God's Word we continue to grow in Him who loves all and he frees us to LOVE as he first LOVED us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW Him. This is the operation of God to LOVE.

    God reveals NEW things to us when we are in ignorance of His Word so that we can grow and have a closer walk with him. When he reveals his truth to us, God expects us to be like the faithful Bareans and seek Him through His Spirit of truth to guide us in His Word to see if these things be true then we are to FOLLOW him who calls us out of darkness into the light, because he is the light. God's sheep hear His Voice because he is the Word....

    Thanks for sharing your testimony...
    Yes praise be to God. Not only for healing me but also using me now to help others.

    To be honest I was upset about your post about unrepentant sin will send us to hell. For a period of time I had that. Hate.
    Therefore because I had hate in my heart (as a believer then I'm off to hell)
    LoveGodForever likes this.
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  9. #129
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,877
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    Yes praise be to God. Not only for healing me but also using me now to help others.

    To be honest I was upset about your post about unrepentant sin will send us to hell. For a period of time I had that. Hate.
    Therefore because I had hate in my heart (as a believer then I'm off to hell)
    Yes indeed Jesus says that if we hate others it is the same as murder.

    How amazing is God to take that away from you to set you free to love?

    This is the POWER of God unto salvation to all those who believe.... and how we are to walk and abide in Him. We just need the Faith the size of the mustard seed

  10. #130
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,319
    Rep Power
    186

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Yes indeed Jesus says that if we hate others it is the same as murder.

    How amazing is God to take that away from you to set you free to love?

    This is the POWER of God unto salvation to all those who believe.... and how we are to walk and abide in Him. We just need the Faith the size of the mustard seed
    Wow imagine faith the size of a mustard seed. We can all have it.
    We need to walk in it.
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  11. #131
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,877
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    Wow imagine faith the size of a mustard seed. We can all have it.
    We need to walk in it.
    He only asks us to believe and follow His Word. If obedience is the fruit of your faith then you are already walking on water through the power of His Word, because he bids you come you will follow him if you continue in His Word

  12. #132
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,440
    Rep Power
    117

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    So you are not good at anything? You do understand the use of colloquialism in speech?

    We all sin everyday correct?
    Or are you sinless?


    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Hello UG

    Only God is good and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW His Word if we want to be his people. If we are living a life of SIN we do not know him (1 John 3:6)
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  13. #133
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,264
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    152

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    The New Covenant was ratified and began on the day Christ died on the Cross....see Hebrews....it did not begin on the 50th day....geesh.....!

    All that Jesus died for that His body inherited began on the day of Pentecost. He wrote the will in blood at the Cross.

    I wont say sheesh.
    Jeepers Creepers...we gotta get new peepers.

    Mat 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

  14. #134
    Senior Member OneFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,345
    Rep Power
    48

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    The old covenant is physical- written on physical tablets, obeyed physically- such as take adulterers outside the city and physically stone them to death.

    The new covenant is spiritual- written on our hearts, obeyed spiritually- such as if you look at someone to lust after them you’ve already committed adultery in your heart. You must die to sin (spiritually) and live for God.

    God’s laws will always stand. What was nailed to the cross was the law of Moses- which means the physical way of obeying God’s laws. Now we obey God’s laws spiritually under the authority of Christ. When they speak of ‘the law’ they mean ‘the law of Moses’ they do not mean ‘the law of God’. We were to obey God’s law physically under Moses, and spiritually under Christ. (Romans 7:1-4).



  15. #135
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,290
    Rep Power
    79

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    All that Jesus died for that His body inherited began on the day of Pentecost. He wrote the will in blood at the Cross.
    While the Holy Spirit was poured out on the day of Pentecost (when His Body came into existence) because that was a prophetic necessity, the New Covenant went into effect the moment Christ "gave up the ghost" (expired). We know this for a fact because of what happened to the temple veil which divided the Holy Place from the Holy of Holies.

    Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent...
    (Mt 27:50,51).

    This was a supernatural event (just like those three dark hours). Ideally, that should have been a signal to the priests and Levites to go home, and bring the temple services to an end. Instead the temple services continued until AD 70, when the temple was destroyed.
    Last edited by Nehemiah6; 1 Week Ago at 01:04 AM.

  16. #136
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    26,082
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    284

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    All that Jesus died for that His body inherited began on the day of Pentecost. He wrote the will in blood at the Cross.

    I wont say sheesh.
    No it did not....it began the day he called out his first two disciples and his disciples are identified as a church in the present tense twice during his earthly ministry....contrary to pentacostal belief the church did not start on the 50th day.......!
    AbigailZeke likes this.

  17. #137
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,042
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Certianly it is done concerning the Sacrifice ratified in blood the Covenant at that very moment:

    There are 2 "it is done" statements...

    Fulfilled already
    John 19:30, “So when
    יהושע took the sour wine He said, “It is done!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.”

    Fulfilled already- To be fulfilled in the future

    1. Passover/First-fruits – Yahshua's Sacrifice(Passover), burial and resurrection (First Fruits – presenting Himself to YHWH)
    2. Feast of Unleavened Bread – Removal of sin by Yahshua's perfect work as the Passover Sacrifice
    3. Feast of Weeks – The blessing Holy Spirit of YHWH, coming into our lives stronger than ever

    4. Feast of Trumpets – Yahshua's return and gathering of the Saints
    5. Day of Atonement – Yahshua leads the army of YHWH to destroy evil rulers of this world and satan is chained for 1,000 years
    6. Feast of Tabernacles – Yahshua dwells on earth for 1,000 years teaching truth and righteousness
    7. The Last Great Day – satan is loosed and swiftly destroyed, the Kingdom of YHWH reigns forever


    To be fulfilled in the future
    Revelation 21:4-8, “And Yah shall wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor mourning, nor crying. And there shall be no more pain, for the former matters have passed away. And He who was sitting on the throne said, “See, I make all matters new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and trustworthy. And He said to me, “It is done! I am the ‘Aleph’ and the ‘Taw’, the Beginning and the End. To the one who thirsts I shall give of the fountain of the water of life without payment. The one who overcomes shall inherit all this, and I shall be his Strength and he shall be My son. But as for the cowardly, and untrustworthy, and abominable, and murderers, and those who whore, and drug sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the false, their part is in the lake which burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”
    Mt5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

    Rev21:1-2, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."

    Rom3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

    Rom3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2017, 12:44 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 28th, 2015, 03:25 PM
  3. Principalism Paper by J. Daniel Hays - New Covenant vs. Old Covenant
    By sparkman in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 28th, 2015, 10:48 AM
  4. Replies: 249
    Last Post: July 4th, 2014, 11:06 AM
  5. Replies: 227
    Last Post: July 26th, 2012, 10:15 AM