Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 137
Like Tree181Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: What is the NEW covenant

  1. #1
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Cool What is the NEW covenant

    So, for the longest time, since I got baptised at 15 until 2 years ago, I believed that the new covenant meant new commandments:

    Mark 12:30-21

    "...and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

    BUT, that's not actually the case anymore. The new covenant IS all about God and how He made the perfect Way to deliver us from judgement. No wonder it's called GOOD NEWS!

    Jeremiah 31:33-34

    For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.


    ----

    Of the many many takeaways from the scripture above, one of my absolute favourite is knowing that it is in our knowing HIS FORGIVENESS AND REMEMBERING OUR SINS NO MORE (for I will forgive their iniquity and I will remember their sin no more) that WE WILL KNOW THE LORD.

    It is neither by the knowledge nor the keeping of the law that we can become His people and He our God. But because HE HAS FORGIVEN OUR INIQUITIES AND REMEMBERS OUR SINS NO MORE AND WHEN WE KNOW THIS, WE WILL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE.

    Sorry for screaming but seriously if you know you're forever free, this is an understatement.

    God is not hot and cold, happy with you today and mad with you tomorrow. No. Your sins He remembers no more not because you tried to become a better person BY UPHOLDING THE LAW but because Jesus' blood was spilled ON YOUR BEHALF. Yes, I'm talking about imputed righteousness.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  2. #2
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,042
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Mat 24:35, “Heaven and earth may pass away, but My teachings will not pass away.”

    Hebrews. 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

    Psalm 89:26-37, "He will call out to Me; ‘You are my Father, O YHWH! You are the Rock of my salvation!’ And I will make Him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for Him forever and My covenant will stand fast withHim. And I will establish His Seed forever, and His throne will be as the days of heaven. Should His children forsake My Law, and refuse to walk in My judgments; Should they profane My statutes, and fail to keep My commandments; Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with lashes from the whip. Nevertheless, My lovingkindness I will not utterly withdraw from Him, nor will I ever betray My faithfulness. My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what has gone out of My lips. Once for all, I have vowed by My holiness, I cannot lie, and I say to David; His Seed will endure forever, and his throne will endure before Me like the sun. His throne will be established forever like the moon: the faithful witness in the sky."

    Hebrews 7:13, “For He of whom this is said belongs to another tribe, from which no one had attended at the Altar. For it is perfectly clear that our Master arose from Yehuḏah, a tribe about which Mosheh never spoke of concerning priesthood.”

    Hebrews 9:11-12, "But the Messiah came near as a High Priest over the righteous things to come, with the great and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation; Nor through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once, for all, having obtained eternal redemption."



    Hebrews 7:23-28, “And indeed, those that became priests were many, because they were prevented by death from continuing, but He, because He remains forever, has an unchangeable priesthood. Therefore He is also able to save completely those who draw near to Yah through Him, ever living to make intercession for them. For it was fitting that we should have such a High Priest – kind, innocent, undefiled, having been separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens, who does not need, as those high priests, to offer up slaughter offerings day by day, first for His own sins and then for those of the people, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself. For the Torah appoints as high priests men who have weakness, but the word of the oath which came after the Torah, appoints the Son having been perfected forever.”
    loveme1 and Studyman like this.
    Mt5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

    Rev21:1-2, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."

    Rom3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

    Rom3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


  3. #3
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Okay, so just in contrast, the old covenant, no, the first one was called the Edenic covenant, right. In the garden of Eden, Adam and Eve were free to do everything except eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

    In that covenant, Adam and Eve were enjoying all of God's perfect blessing. The agreement was that they do not eat that golden apple and they can basically do anything.

    It makes sense that the serpent tempted Eve, not to murder her husband (there was no way Eve could commit adultery lol) but to eat the fruit. Of all the fruits. You see, the temptation was for Adam and Eve to break the covenant between man and God.

    So by eating the fruit, curse came upon all of us.

    Then came the Noahic covenant... then the Abrahamic covenant. In this covenant Abraham was called righteous by faith.

    Okay, so it gets a bit controversial here. Was Abraham ever punished for 1) lying to the king about his wife 2) for not listening to God when God told him to leave his family behind (he brought Lot... a LOT of problems) 3) basically everything else he did wrong in his life? Nope. Because this covenant hinges on faith. As long as Abraham believed what God had told him 1) that he would have a son 2) that he would be blessed - God remained faithful. EVEN if Abraham slept with Hagar to have a son (however, the consequences are very severe that to this day Israel is still battling Ishmael).

    Then, of course, the famous Mosaic covenant. This is where God gave us the 10 commandments to keep to be blessed (whereas in Eden, Adam and Eve just had to not eat the forbidden fruit, and in Abrahamic, Abraham just had to keep believing) in the time of Moses people had to keep the 10 commandments.

    BUT GUESS WHAT. As soon as the commandments were out, God ordered Moses to offer sacrifices because HE KNEW... HE KNEW that no one could keep all 10.

    THEN JESUS CAME AND RAISED THE STANDARD. The law of God is not just outward (brought down to the standards of men by the Jews of that time) BUT hey, HEY, God's law is perfect that even you just IMAGINE a naked woman, you're already committing adultery. Nope, far more impossible for ANYONE on earth to actually keep.

    BUT GUESS WHAT AGAIN. GOD KNEW ALL THIS which was why Jesus came to earth in the first place. TO BE THE SACRIFICE. Sound familiar? Yes, go back to Mosaic covenant and you can see how God made a way for the jews of Mosaic time to STILL BE BLESSED despite of not being able to keep the law.

    There are.. hmm. 5 (?) offerings. Burnt offerings, trespass offerings, sin offerings, etc (I don't know the rest okay!)

    So this is what happened when Jesus came, instead HE became the sacrifice. HE BECAME THE SACRIFICE once and for all. ONCE AND FOR ALL. Where in the time of Moses, sacrifices were offered daily because people sinned daily, Jesus died and paid for our sins ONCE AND FOR ALL. FOR YESTERDAY TODAY AND TOMORROW. Yes, all our sins our forgiven.

    So the new covenant, doesn't require anything from man but to BELIEVE

    Believe in what?
    That Jesus exists? Even demons believe that. What does the new covenant say? That GOD IS MERCIFUL TO OUR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS AND OUR SINS HE REMEMBERS NO MORE. How? Because Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice and satisfied the righteous judgement of God. Believe in that and you will be saved. This is the new covenant. In a nutshell.
    stonesoffire and joaniemarie like this.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  4. #4
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Also, even wonder why idolatry was BIG in the times of Moses?

    Because, guess what. When Jews switched to idols, they stopped offering sacrifices to God, the offerings were the only things that held them that kept them, so when idolatry happens, God's wrath comes upon them and no sacrifice could hide them.
    joaniemarie likes this.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  5. #5
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,042
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Romans 9:6-8, "However, it is not as though YHWH's plan had failed. For it is not everyone who is a descendant of Yisra’yl who belongs to Yisra’yl. Nor, just because they are his descendants, are they all Abraham's children; but: In Isaac will your seed be called. That is, it is not those who are the children of the flesh who are YHWH's children; but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's seed."

    Psalm 105:6-9, "O seed of Abraham His servant, You children of Yaaqob, His chosen ones! He is YHWH our Father! His judgments are in all the earth. He has remembered His covenant forever, the Law He commanded for a thousand generations; Which He made; ratified, established, with Abraham, and vowed by His oath to Isaac. He confirmed it; let it stand, to Yaaqob for a Law, and to Israyl for an everlasting covenant."

    Galatians 3:27-29, “For as many of you as were immersed into Messiah have put on Messiah. There is not Yehuḏi nor Greek, there is not slave nor free, there is not male and female, for you are all one in Messiah יהושע. And if you are of Messiah, then you are seed of Aḇraham, and heirs according to promise.”

    Psalms 111:9, “He sent redemption to His people, He has commanded His covenant forever. Set-apart and awesome is His Name."

    Psalm 89:26-37, “He will call out to Me; ‘You are My Father, O YHWH! You are the Rock of My salvation!’ And I will make Him My firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth. My mercy I will keep for Him forever and My covenant will stand fast withHim. And I will establish His Seed forever, and His throne will be as the days of heaven. Should His children forsake My Law, and refuse to walk in My judgments; Should they profane My statutes, and fail to keep My commandments; Then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with lashes from the whip. Nevertheless, My lovingkindness I will not utterly withdraw from Him, nor will I ever betray My faithfulness. My covenant I will not break, nor will I change what has gone out of My lips. Once for all, I have vowed by My holiness, I cannot lie, and I say to David; His Seed will endure forever, and his throne will endure before Me like the sun. His throne will be established forever like the moon: the faithful witness in the sky.”
    Studyman likes this.
    Mt5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

    Rev21:1-2, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."

    Rom3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

    Rom3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


  6. #6
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    The New Covenant began in fulfillment of scripture and the prophets
    on the day of Pentecost.

    So to become a Christian disciple then is outlined in
    Acts 2:38-39

    37 And hearing this, they were stabbed in the heart, and said to Peter
    and to the other apostles, Men, brothers, what shall we do?
    38 Then Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized, every one of you,
    in the name of Jesus Christ to remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift
    of the Holy Spirit.
    39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all those afar off,
    as many as the Lord our God shall call.
    Acts 2:
    Of course as a Pentecostal disciple in obedience to the full gospel of salvation
    I would state that baptism of the Holy Spirit is evidenced by the sign of speaking
    in a new tongue. That is praying in the Holy Spirit.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,941
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    The New Covenant began in fulfillment of scripture and the prophets
    on the day of Pentecost.

    So to become a Christian disciple then is outlined in
    Acts 2:38-39

    37 And hearing this, they were stabbed in the heart, and said to Peter
    and to the other apostles, Men, brothers, what shall we do?
    38 Then Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized, every one of you,
    in the name of Jesus Christ to remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift
    of the Holy Spirit.
    39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all those afar off,
    as many as the Lord our God shall call.
    Acts 2:
    Of course as a Pentecostal disciple in obedience to the full gospel of salvation
    I would state that baptism of the Holy Spirit is evidenced by the sign of speaking
    in a new tongue. That is praying in the Holy Spirit.
    John 20

    19Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 20And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. 21Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.


    Just something to remember..

  8. #8
    Senior Member LoveGodForever's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,877
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    Okay, so just in contrast, the old covenant, no, the first one was called the Edenic covenant, right. In the garden of Eden, Adam and Eve were free to do everything except eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

    In that covenant, Adam and Eve were enjoying all of God's perfect blessing. The agreement was that they do not eat that golden apple and they can basically do anything.

    It makes sense that the serpent tempted Eve, not to murder her husband (there was no way Eve could commit adultery lol) but to eat the fruit. Of all the fruits. You see, the temptation was for Adam and Eve to break the covenant between man and God.

    So by eating the fruit, curse came upon all of us.

    Then came the Noahic covenant... then the Abrahamic covenant. In this covenant Abraham was called righteous by faith.

    Okay, so it gets a bit controversial here. Was Abraham ever punished for 1) lying to the king about his wife 2) for not listening to God when God told him to leave his family behind (he brought Lot... a LOT of problems) 3) basically everything else he did wrong in his life? Nope. Because this covenant hinges on faith. As long as Abraham believed what God had told him 1) that he would have a son 2) that he would be blessed - God remained faithful. EVEN if Abraham slept with Hagar to have a son (however, the consequences are very severe that to this day Israel is still battling Ishmael).

    Then, of course, the famous Mosaic covenant. This is where God gave us the 10 commandments to keep to be blessed (whereas in Eden, Adam and Eve just had to not eat the forbidden fruit, and in Abrahamic, Abraham just had to keep believing) in the time of Moses people had to keep the 10 commandments.

    BUT GUESS WHAT. As soon as the commandments were out, God ordered Moses to offer sacrifices because HE KNEW... HE KNEW that no one could keep all 10.

    THEN JESUS CAME AND RAISED THE STANDARD. The law of God is not just outward (brought down to the standards of men by the Jews of that time) BUT hey, HEY, God's law is perfect that even you just IMAGINE a naked woman, you're already committing adultery. Nope, far more impossible for ANYONE on earth to actually keep.

    BUT GUESS WHAT AGAIN. GOD KNEW ALL THIS which was why Jesus came to earth in the first place. TO BE THE SACRIFICE. Sound familiar? Yes, go back to Mosaic covenant and you can see how God made a way for the jews of Mosaic time to STILL BE BLESSED despite of not being able to keep the law.

    There are.. hmm. 5 (?) offerings. Burnt offerings, trespass offerings, sin offerings, etc (I don't know the rest okay!)

    So this is what happened when Jesus came, instead HE became the sacrifice. HE BECAME THE SACRIFICE once and for all. ONCE AND FOR ALL. Where in the time of Moses, sacrifices were offered daily because people sinned daily, Jesus died and paid for our sins ONCE AND FOR ALL. FOR YESTERDAY TODAY AND TOMORROW. Yes, all our sins our forgiven.

    So the new covenant, doesn't require anything from man but to BELIEVE

    Believe in what?
    That Jesus exists? Even demons believe that. What does the new covenant say? That GOD IS MERCIFUL TO OUR UNRIGHTEOUSNESS AND OUR SINS HE REMEMBERS NO MORE. How? Because Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice and satisfied the righteous judgement of God. Believe in that and you will be saved. This is the new covenant. In a nutshell.

    Hello AbigailZeke,

    Nice to meet you here. You argument above is for forgiveness of sin in order to commit sin. The promise of the NEW Covenant is only to those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW the Word of God.

    There is NO truth in what you proclaim and bares witness you do not know the Word of God. The scriptures clearly say that he that says "I KNOW HIM" and DOES NOT Keep God's commandments is a LIAR and the truth is NOT in him (1 John 2:2-4).

    The New Covenant is indeed God's LAW (10 commandments) written on the fleshly tables of the heart no longer on stone. Free to LOVE through FAITH. LOVE is the FULFILLING of the LAW to those who walk by FAITH in the SPIRIT of God.

    It is true we are saved by GRACE through FAITH and not of ourselves it is a GIFT of GOD and not of WORKS lest any man should boast. IF your FAITH however does not have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE then your FAITH is DEAD and you are STILL in your SINS (James 2:18; 20; 26)

    IF you are still in your SINS you do not know HIM who LOVES all and need to SEEK HIM in REPENTANCE and FORGIVENESS.

    Forgiveness is ONLY those that BELIEVE FOLLOW the WORD of GOD. If you say you BELIEVE and do not FOLLOW you DECEIVE yourself (James 1:22)

    You say ONLY BELIEVE? The DEVILS BELIEVE but they do NOT FOLLOW. In this the children of God and the children of the DEVIL are known. Whosoever does not FOLLOW God's Word is NOT from GOD neither knows HIM (1 John 3:3-10)

    God's 4th commandment is one of the ten ( Exodus 20:8-11 ) and like any of the ten, if we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness w e are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

    This is why Jesus says If you love me, keep my commandments....

    Love and the fruit of OBEDIENCE by FAITH and is a sign of those who follow and love the Lamb (Rev 12:17; 14:12; 22:14; Rom 13:8-10)

  9. #9
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Hello, nice to meet you too.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoveGodForever View Post
    Hello AbigailZeke,

    Nice to meet you here. You argument above is for forgiveness of sin in order to commit sin. The promise of the NEW Covenant is only to those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW the Word of God.
    No, no, no. That's a common misconception of Christians today.

    The bible is very clear. Quite literal actually. For sin shall have no dominion for those who are under grace (as in those who know they are forgiven right?)

    Why do you say people who know they are forgiven are out to sin wilfully?

    In all honesty too, without knowing God's forgiveness, PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SINNING.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  10. #10
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    47,394
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    About the only OT covenant that resembles the new was the abrahamic. It was an unconditional covenant, God did not tell abraham, if you do this, I will do that, God told Abraham, I WILL make you a great nation, I WILL bless you, I WILL make your name great, I will bless those that bless you and curse those who curse you, I WILL give you a descendent, I WILL give that descendent and all his offspring a parcel of land in the Middle East, I WILL, through that seed, bring someone who will bless all nations of the world.

    The new covenant is the fulfilment of the last part of that covenant, In Christ has all nations been blessed (the gospel of salvation will spread to all nations)

    The davidic was the only 0ther non conditional covenant, The rest were conditional if I remember right, the most CONDITIONAL covenant was the mosaic. As the children of Isreal was given a long list of rules that were required to obey in order to be blessed By God, Failure to do so would bring about punishment (lev 26)
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  11. #11
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    47,394
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    Hello, nice to meet you too.



    No, no, no. That's a common misconception of Christians today.

    The bible is very clear. Quite literal actually. For sin shall have no dominion for those who are under grace (as in those who know they are forgiven right?)

    Why do you say people who know they are forgiven are out to sin wilfully?

    In all honesty too, without knowing God's forgiveness, PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SINNING.
    WHat is amazing is scripture says it is by Grace and Mercy that we have power over sin, (we sin less) not by the commandment, Paul said the commandment causes sin to increase, not decrease. Yet if we preach grace, we are told we love sin. Where does that reasoning come from?
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,243
    Rep Power
    85

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    New Covenant.. Is a new contract..

    In this Contract ::
    God provides the Way of salvation through the forgiveness of sin by the Atonement Jesus secured on the cross through His death that was confirmed by his Resurrection..

    People Believe Jesus teachings and trust 100% that the Atonement Jesus secured to save us does indeed secure the forgiveness of all our sins and secures us eternal life with Jesus in his perfect eternal kingdom..

    So God provides us with salvation if we believe Him and trust in the Way of salvation He has provided for us..
    AbigailZeke likes this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Exactly! Deception, really crafty deception by the devil. But we're seeing major changes in this generation now, MORE people are finding out the truth TRUTH, real truth. Hidden beneath layers and layers of self-righteousness. How blessed we are.

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    WHat is amazing is scripture says it is by Grace and Mercy that we have power over sin, (we sin less) not by the commandment, Paul said the commandment causes sin to increase, not decrease. Yet if we preach grace, we are told we love sin. Where does that reasoning come from?
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  14. #14
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    47,394
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    The new covenant is so powerful, because in the old. Pour blessings were determined by how well we obeyed a set of rules and regulations. And whether we joined a nation called Israel or not.

    In the new, Our blessings are determined by how well we sacrifice our own needs for the needs of others, and how well we love others, not based on how well we obey a list of rules and regulations.

    What is more amazing is this, In doing the new, we will by the fact our minds are set on the spirit. Fulfill the lusts of our flesh less (be better law keepers)
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2015
    Age
    83
    Posts
    7,828
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    Hello, nice to meet you too.

    No, no, no. That's a common misconception of Christians today.
    Don't take any notice of LGFE. He is fixated with Sabbath keeping and being under the Law.

    The bible is very clear. Quite literal actually. For sin shall have no dominion for those who are under grace (as in those who know they are forgiven right?)
    Amen,

    Why do you say people who know they are forgiven are out to sin wilfully?
    Because he has no conception of God working in the believer through grace alone producing righteousness.

    In all honesty too, without knowing God's forgiveness, PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SINNING.
    That is why God gave us righteousness as a FREE GIFT so that we could be forgiven and be counted as righteous in His sight,.

    This is the blood of the new covenant which is shed for you and for many for the forgiveness of sins,
    Last edited by valiant; 1 Week Ago at 08:09 AM.
    AbigailZeke likes this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Ooooh, I haven't read about the Davidic covenant. This is good to know, it's like we never run out of revelations in the bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    About the only OT covenant that resembles the new was the abrahamic. It was an unconditional covenant, God did not tell abraham, if you do this, I will do that, God told Abraham, I WILL make you a great nation, I WILL bless you, I WILL make your name great, I will bless those that bless you and curse those who curse you, I WILL give you a descendent, I WILL give that descendent and all his offspring a parcel of land in the Middle East, I WILL, through that seed, bring someone who will bless all nations of the world.

    The new covenant is the fulfilment of the last part of that covenant, In Christ has all nations been blessed (the gospel of salvation will spread to all nations)

    The davidic was the only 0ther non conditional covenant, The rest were conditional if I remember right, the most CONDITIONAL covenant was the mosaic. As the children of Isreal was given a long list of rules that were required to obey in order to be blessed By God, Failure to do so would bring about punishment (lev 26)
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  17. #17
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    47,394
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    Exactly! Deception, really crafty deception by the devil. But we're seeing major changes in this generation now, MORE people are finding out the truth TRUTH, real truth. Hidden beneath layers and layers of self-righteousness. How blessed we are.
    The disciples and early church were freed from religion. Look at how powerful it became and how fast it grew.

    Amazingly, today, when the world around us is falling, and a turning to anti-God principles. The religious church is crashing and the people ar being freed from religion. And it is POWERFUL and growing at an amazing rate.

    It might be hard to see because the maintainer churches are getting smaller not bigger. But it is true all the same.
    stonesoffire and AbigailZeke like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  18. #18
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by valiant View Post
    That is why God gave us righteousness as a FREE GIFT so that we could be forgiven and be counted as righteous in His sight,.
    Exactly! Amen! Since we can't go near God because of our imperfections, HE CAME TO US.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  19. #19
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    136

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    The disciples and early church were freed from religion. Look at how powerful it became and how fast it grew.

    Amazingly, today, when the world around us is falling, and a turning to anti-God principles. The religious church is crashing and the people ar being freed from religion. And it is POWERFUL and growing at an amazing rate.

    It might be hard to see because the maintainer churches are getting smaller not bigger. But it is true all the same.
    Someone asked in this forum before why we don't see the miracles in the book of Acts anymore, I really think it's because of the religious bondages we've been under for hundreds of years.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    I visit CC every Wednesday, at least for now. Yeah, this signature is kinda wordy.
    For more words, visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  20. #20
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    47,394
    Rep Power
    295

    Default Re: What is the NEW covenant

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    Someone asked in this forum before why we don't see the miracles in the book of Acts anymore, I really think it's because of the religious bondages we've been under for hundreds of years.
    Interesting, I will need to think on this, I figured we did not because they were not needed, The church is already established,. The signs were given to help build a new thing.
    AbigailZeke likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2017, 12:44 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 28th, 2015, 03:25 PM
  3. Principalism Paper by J. Daniel Hays - New Covenant vs. Old Covenant
    By sparkman in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 28th, 2015, 10:48 AM
  4. Replies: 249
    Last Post: July 4th, 2014, 11:06 AM
  5. Replies: 227
    Last Post: July 26th, 2012, 10:15 AM