Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree22Likes
  • 4 Post By BenFTW
  • 3 Post By AuntieAnt
  • 2 Post By MariaJoy01
  • 4 Post By Willie-T
  • 4 Post By AbigailZeke
  • 2 Post By Joidevivre
  • 1 Post By Hizikyah
  • 1 Post By maxwel
  • 1 Post By Dan58

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: What are YOU doing!?

  1. #1
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,430
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    121

    Default What are YOU doing!?

    The future is in the balance, as we sit idly by as time flies by. We dream of acting upon our most ambitious desires, yet we sit in wait. Call it destiny, call it fate. Either way action is to be made. Validation as a source of motivation is often key, as we look to man to confirm what God has already called us to.

    There are naysayers, words spoken as if a curse distorting your perception of all that is yours. Let their words fall to the ground and hear the voice of God echoing throughout eternity as His word stands tall. Supreme. He has called you, and those He calls He equips. He, God Almighty, has validated you.

    What more confirmation do you need than to know that God is beside you? He spoke, now do. He speaks, and we walk in faith. We need no more validation, in reality, than to know that God has sent us. In so knowing we comprehend that He has equipped us, for if He tells us to do something we are incapable, with God all things are possible.

    Here is the validation that truly matters. God says, "Go." I say this not because I've heard a voice, but because the Lord has spoken to each of us that which He has called us to. I am not saying to make haste, but to walk in accordance with His will confidently knowing that you are able through His providence to carry out the task He has set before you. Seek not the validation of man, walk to the glory of God.

  2. #2
    Senior Member AuntieAnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Power
    122

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Hallelujah! Going with God. \/ Thank you for the encouragement, Ben.
    BenFTW, Hizikyah and AbigailZeke like this.

    I didn’t see a temple in the city because the Lord God All-Mighty and the Lamb are its Temple. The city didn’t have need for the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the Glory of God gave it light; the Lamb is the Light.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2017
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Needed to hear this
    BenFTW and AbigailZeke like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    72
    Posts
    22,282
    Rep Power
    310

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    When I first read that, I thought, "Durn! Did I leave the camera on?"
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld (among others)
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  5. #5
    Senior Member AbigailZeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,901
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    159

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    I think this is a season in my life where I just sit here and listen. From time to time, I get too excited to share what I'm learning. I know God is preparing me for what lies ahead and I used to loathe the idea of not witnessing exciting things in the kingdom, and not being part of the ministry. But, then again, Jesus took 30 years before He went full ministry mode on.

    So, I guess, I'm not exactly doing anything exciting currently, just hearing and hearing.

    Quote Originally Posted by BenFTW View Post
    The future is in the balance, as we sit idly by as time flies by. We dream of acting upon our most ambitious desires, yet we sit in wait. Call it destiny, call it fate. Either way action is to be made. Validation as a source of motivation is often key, as we look to man to confirm what God has already called us to.

    There are naysayers, words spoken as if a curse distorting your perception of all that is yours. Let their words fall to the ground and hear the voice of God echoing throughout eternity as His word stands tall. Supreme. He has called you, and those He calls He equips. He, God Almighty, has validated you.

    What more confirmation do you need than to know that God is beside you? He spoke, now do. He speaks, and we walk in faith. We need no more validation, in reality, than to know that God has sent us. In so knowing we comprehend that He has equipped us, for if He tells us to do something we are incapable, with God all things are possible.

    Here is the validation that truly matters. God says, "Go." I say this not because I've heard a voice, but because the Lord has spoken to each of us that which He has called us to. I am not saying to make haste, but to walk in accordance with His will confidently knowing that you are able through His providence to carry out the task He has set before you. Seek not the validation of man, walk to the glory of God.
    How blessed is the person whose sins the Lord will never charge against him! – Psalm 32:2, Romans 4:8
    For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. – Romans 10:4
    Visit my blog (shameless plug) - www.abigail.pro

  6. #6
    Senior Member Joidevivre's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2014
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,722
    Blog Entries
    456
    Rep Power
    188

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    I'm doing recovery and healing. That is even more difficult than all the activity I used to do for the Lord. And I'm learning to let others "do" for me the Christian actions of service. That is not always easy.

    What helps me is the reading in Ecclesiastics about the different seasons of life. "A time to heal".
    BenFTW and stonesoffire like this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Hizikyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2013
    Age
    35
    Posts
    11,634
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Psalm 86:11, “Teach me Your way, O YHWH; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.”
    BenFTW likes this.
    Mt5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

    Rev21:1-2, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."

    Rom3:28, "For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the Law."

    Rom3:31, "Are we then doing away with the Law through the faith? By no means! Rather, we establish the Law!"


  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,304
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    58

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Waiting on the Lord, Ben... calling upon His Name, for it's said they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength... Actually tired from travel, but those lines from song came to mind.

  9. #9
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,430
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Quote Originally Posted by MariaJoy01 View Post
    Needed to hear this
    I'm so very glad you said this, as much as this may have been an encouragement for you your response has encouraged me.

  10. #10
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,430
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Quote Originally Posted by AbigailZeke View Post
    I think this is a season in my life where I just sit here and listen. From time to time, I get too excited to share what I'm learning. I know God is preparing me for what lies ahead and I used to loathe the idea of not witnessing exciting things in the kingdom, and not being part of the ministry. But, then again, Jesus took 30 years before He went full ministry mode on.

    So, I guess, I'm not exactly doing anything exciting currently, just hearing and hearing.
    Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God, right? So it seems that all of this listening is equipping you to walk out in faith (eventually).

  11. #11
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,430
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizikyah View Post
    Psalm 86:11, “Teach me Your way, O YHWH; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.”
    A beautiful verse, thanks for sharing. I like the part that says to "unite my heart." Its poetic.

  12. #12
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,430
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieAnt View Post
    Hallelujah! Going with God. \/ Thank you for the encouragement, Ben.
    Who better to lead you? Amen. The Good Shepherd.

  13. #13
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,430
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joidevivre View Post
    I'm doing recovery and healing. That is even more difficult than all the activity I used to do for the Lord. And I'm learning to let others "do" for me the Christian actions of service. That is not always easy.

    What helps me is the reading in Ecclesiastics about the different seasons of life. "A time to heal".
    I like that the OP allowed people to self-reflect a little, and express their current status if you will. Thanks for sharing, and even so, expressing yourself so humbly. What you were expressing in some ways makes me think of surrender, letting go and submitting to the sovereignty of God.

  14. #14
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,430
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Quote Originally Posted by mar09 View Post
    Waiting on the Lord, Ben... calling upon His Name, for it's said they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength... Actually tired from travel, but those lines from song came to mind.
    Awesome mar, keep the faith! God isn't a liar, so continue trusting in Him.

  15. #15
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,927
    Rep Power
    194

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    So the TITLE of the thread is a question.

    But the Opening Post isn't a question at all, it's just a series of propositions... just stating a bunch of facts.



    So... was the title just a rhetorical question?
    Do you not really want to know what I'm doing?
    Are you saying you don't care about me?
    Are you just pretending to care about me but you don't?
    Do you not really care what I'm doing at all?
    Did you just suck me into this thread with a question, like you care about my actions and opinions, but then all you really wanted to do was just preach at me?
    Do you really not care what I'm doing at all?
    Do you not care about my feelings?



    I feel so hurt... hurt and deceived... I may never get over this.
    BenFTW likes this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,430
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    121

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    So the TITLE of the thread is a question.

    But the Opening Post isn't a question at all, it's just a series of propositions... just stating a bunch of facts.



    So... was the title just a rhetorical question?
    Do you not really want to know what I'm doing?
    Are you saying you don't care about me?
    Are you just pretending to care about me but you don't?
    Do you not really care what I'm doing at all?
    Did you just suck me into this thread with a question, like you care about my actions and opinions, but then all you really wanted to do was just preach at me?
    Do you really not care what I'm doing at all?
    Do you not care about my feelings?



    I feel so hurt... hurt and deceived... I may never get over this.
    Sensationalism at its finest!

    You know I care for you Maxwel, and if you wish to express your current situation, I'm all ears.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Dan58's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2013
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,701
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: What are YOU doing!?

    Right now, I'm trying to get my frozen water pipes unfrozen.

    But your suggestions are an inspirational way to start the new year.... Now, if I only had water.
    BenFTW likes this.