Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 411
Like Tree439Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    No your the one who does not get it. Expel have reasons for using some words, And you can not say When jesus or paul used those words they had a reason, but other people who MAY use those words in context do not.

    Your judging based on things you do not even know.

    The sin not stink part was in context of willfull sin, Please do not tell you when you sin, it is not willful. We all know what we are doing when we do it. God is not surprised when we do it, and we should not be surprised when we do things, We should just be humble enough to say sorry God, I knew what I was doing, I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway, No excuse. Help me next time to be stronger.

    You would be right I do not know you, but I have seen this before.

    Your little rant to try to turn the tables on me is typical for church hoppers who never grow and then always blame the preacher or teacher for not understanding why they still need to use profanity and try to justify it with proof texts. I have seen this with other self professed Christians who still need to indulge in promiscuity, adultery, fornication, hidden homosexuality, hidden addictions and worse.

    Guys like me get called legalistic , judge, jury , execution, fruit inspector, and all manner of vile foolishness. Because we demand a son or daughter of God ought to act like a son or daughter of God and be willing to let us help them in their struggles and tto teach them to crucify the flesh and its passions to the point it hurts and overcome now. This is the power of the grace you talk about, this is the power of the salvation you defend correctly, this is what it means to walk in newness of life.


    Christians say they are struggling and want to over come and rarely do. why? because crucifying the flesh and its passions requires active participation and it's hard.

    Its much easier to believe in passive sanctification and that grace just carries you until the ticket gets punched. No sir, You play an active part in your progressive sanctification.

    The other half mental assent to change but in reality love using profanity, drugging, sexual sin, etc. and really do not want to change.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    You have been here less than a month, How do you know what we do?

    Or are You one of the banned people who have returned? Because there is no way you can know what we do unless you were here before.


    Again, Who died and made you God. Do you KNBOW DC? That you think you have the right to call him into accountability? He has told you what he said, and showed that he did not even say whet YOU THOUGHT HE SAID, yet have you apologized to him for misrepresenting him? Have you asked his forgiveness for assuming he said something he has not said?

    Of course not. Because people like you will never admit when you are wrong. You blame shift. I am not sure who you are, but it will come out one day.

    I get sick of people blameshifting, I get sick of people slandering others. And I stand up to people who do this. It has made people mad (seven seas is one of them) but I do not care. People who claim they represent God yet will not admit their sins, and then judge others. I will stand up to them.


    So it is a crime to read through threads and not ever post anything? Guess recon and Intel gathering is not something you understand.

    I like the fact you can read anything on this chat board and not even be a registered guest or member to do it. Most Christian chat boards are not like that.

  3. #183


    Cee
    Cee is offline
    Senior Member Cee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,511
    Blog Entries
    49
    Rep Power
    83

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by hardsell View Post
    You would be right I do not know you, but I have seen this before.

    Your little rant to try to turn the tables on me is typical for church hoppers who never grow and then always blame the preacher or teacher for not understanding why they still need to use profanity and try to justify it with proof texts. I have seen this with other self professed Christians who still need to indulge in promiscuity, adultery, fornication, hidden homosexuality, hidden addictions and worse.

    Guys like me get called legalistic , judge, jury , execution, fruit inspector, and all manner of vile foolishness. Because we demand a son or daughter of God ought to act like a son or daughter of God and be willing to let us help them in their struggles and tto teach them to crucify the flesh and its passions to the point it hurts and overcome now. This is the power of the grace you talk about, this is the power of the salvation you defend correctly, this is what it means to walk in newness of life.


    Christians say they are struggling and want to over come and rarely do. why? because crucifying the flesh and its passions requires active participation and it's hard.

    Its much easier to believe in passive sanctification and that grace just carries you until the ticket gets punched. No sir, You play an active part in your progressive sanctification.

    The other half mental assent to change but in reality love using profanity, drugging, sexual sin, etc. and really do not want to change.
    Hmm so you credit yourself with your righteousness because you did the hard work? Something to consider with God.

    Also you labeled EG as someone who church hops by your assessment of his spiritual state. Do you know that to be true or are you just slandering his character to prove your point?

    You have an issue with people judging you by your words, but Jesus said our words would be a witnesss against us. Do you like what they are saying about you? If not, does that mean you’re not trying hard enough to change yourself?

    Just a few things for you to pray about since you want to hold others accountable to the word. I figured I’d do you the same service or am I being legalistic when it’s about yourself?
    Last edited by Cee; 1 Week Ago at 04:48 PM.
    Gimme cooookieeee.

  4. #184
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,231
    Rep Power
    321

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by hardsell View Post
    You would be right I do not know you, but I have seen this before.

    Your little rant to try to turn the tables on me is typical for church hoppers who never grow and then always blame the preacher or teacher for not understanding why they still need to use profanity and try to justify it with proof texts. I have seen this with other self professed Christians who still need to indulge in promiscuity, adultery, fornication, hidden homosexuality, hidden addictions and worse.

    Guys like me get called legalistic , judge, jury , execution, fruit inspector, and all manner of vile foolishness. Because we demand a son or daughter of God ought to act like a son or daughter of God and be willing to let us help them in their struggles and tto teach them to crucify the flesh and its passions to the point it hurts and overcome now. This is the power of the grace you talk about, this is the power of the salvation you defend correctly, this is what it means to walk in newness of life.


    Christians say they are struggling and want to over come and rarely do. why? because crucifying the flesh and its passions requires active participation and it's hard.

    Its much easier to believe in passive sanctification and that grace just carries you until the ticket gets punched. No sir, You play an active part in your progressive sanctification.

    The other half mental assent to change but in reality love using profanity, drugging, sexual sin, etc. and really do not want to change.
    Here is what is obvious

    You do not know me at all if you did know me, you would not have said most of what you just posted. Because you would know they either do not fit my belief, or are not true.


    That is the problem with what I call spoon fed Christianity. You are told. This is what people believe, This is what they will say, Look for these key words, if you see them, This is what you should do.

    The problem is, They never listen to what is actually said, then do what you just did, Go on a rant of unfactual stuff in order to support your view. And attack mine.

    Way to go.


    Here is what is true,.

    1. You do not get called legalistic because of what you just said. That is not it at all. If that was true, we would have too. Call ourselves legalistic also

    2. You still are on a rant, You can;t let it God. DC already said he did not way what you thought he said, yet you can not let it go. And your judging me based on things you do not know either.. But yet you can not stop yourself. You think you have us, and will continue this rant, which s unfounded, untrue and nothing but judgmental

    3. Christians say they are struggling and do not want to come over because all they will get from the legalist is judgment, Attack, If you trusted Christ you would not do this or that, why7 would they want to come.

    Christians in my church have no problem coming, because they will be chastened in love, not judged, They will find true help/. True prayer warriors who are out to see you find victory, not defeat. And will stick with you for the long hall and like Jesus, NEVER GIVE UP.

    4. Passive sanctification until ticket is punched? Who are you talking about? I do. Not believe this, I do nbot teach this, Nor would I support this. Again, your do not have any idea of what you are saying, nor what I believe, because you will not sit down for one ,minute and actually listen to us or ask.

    5. Let he who has no sin cast the first stone, The jew tried to judge the prostitute, Jesus did not judge her,. He told her to go and continue to sin no more (find victory) grace gives us victory, not law. You have no right to judge anyone, when you sin yourself. Especially in a chat room where you do not KNOW the people you are trying to judge.

    I have seen more people have victory over drugs/alcohol/sexual impurity/ and other sins in the last 15 years at my current church than I did for 30 years in the baptist churches I attended all over the United States.


    6. Church hopper? I was a member of the same baptist church from the time my parents took me at the age of 5. The same church I was saved in at the age of 9, the same church I left when I went to book camp to serve my country. While in the militaryk in each city I lived (for 14 years, I lived in Chicago, Washington DC, CC Texas, Cleveland Ohio, Sault Ste Marie michigan and Boston Massachusetts. I found a baptist church n every city,. And went to that church,. When I retired, I went back to the same church I went to as a child. That church ended up splitting because of some stuff that went on with the pastor. I left and went to another church (with my father) at which case some things happened in my life which caused me to question my church, I ended up leaving and becoming a prodigal child for 5 years. After wehich. When it was the right time, my childhood friend who I helped lead to christ called me and brought be to his church, I have been going to that church for about 12 years no.

    Church hopping? You have no idea who I am, and all you have just done is prove how spoonfed you are. And you you can not discuss anything with anyone, because youy already think you know them when you do not..

    Cee likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  5. #185
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,470
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by GracethroughfaithinChrist View Post
    2 Corinthians 7:10
    For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speak2Me View Post
    New International Version
    Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

    New Living Translation
    For the kind of sorrow God wants us to experience leads us away from sin and results in salvation. There's no regret for that kind of sorrow. But worldly sorrow, which lacks repentance, results in spiritual death.

    English Standard Version
    For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

    Berean Study Bible
    Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation without regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

    New American Standard Bible
    For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

    I seem to recall you know about these other translations. Uhh-huh.
    Now this type of deep sorrow, godly sorrow, is not so much about regret; but it is about producing a change of mind and behavior that ultimately leads to salvation. But the other type of sorrow, worldly sorrow, often is fleeting and only brings death. Hence, righteousness thru faith, which is a process, leads to Salvation in Christ's Lordship thru the Holy Spirit; while even the good acts of man's flesh has no spiritual power to edify in the Kingdom of God.

    Anything therefore not done in our lives in the wake of the Holy Spirit is of no spiritual value at all as Children of God.
    Cee likes this.

  6. #186


    Cee
    Cee is offline
    Senior Member Cee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,511
    Blog Entries
    49
    Rep Power
    83

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    Here is what is obvious

    You do not know me at all if you did know me, you would not have said most of what you just posted. Because you would know they either do not fit my belief, or are not true.


    That is the problem with what I call spoon fed Christianity. You are told. This is what people believe, This is what they will say, Look for these key words, if you see them, This is what you should do.

    The problem is, They never listen to what is actually said, then do what you just did, Go on a rant of unfactual stuff in order to support your view. And attack mine.

    Way to go.


    Here is what is true,.

    1. You do not get called legalistic because of what you just said. That is not it at all. If that was true, we would have too. Call ourselves legalistic also

    2. You still are on a rant, You can;t let it God. DC already said he did not way what you thought he said, yet you can not let it go. And your judging me based on things you do not know either.. But yet you can not stop yourself. You think you have us, and will continue this rant, which s unfounded, untrue and nothing but judgmental

    3. Christians say they are struggling and do not want to come over because all they will get from the legalist is judgment, Attack, If you trusted Christ you would not do this or that, why7 would they want to come.

    Christians in my church have no problem coming, because they will be chastened in love, not judged, They will find true help/. True prayer warriors who are out to see you find victory, not defeat. And will stick with you for the long hall and like Jesus, NEVER GIVE UP.

    4. Passive sanctification until ticket is punched? Who are you talking about? I do. Not believe this, I do nbot teach this, Nor would I support this. Again, your do not have any idea of what you are saying, nor what I believe, because you will not sit down for one ,minute and actually listen to us or ask.

    5. Let he who has no sin cast the first stone, The jew tried to judge the prostitute, Jesus did not judge her,. He told her to go and continue to sin no more (find victory) grace gives us victory, not law. You have no right to judge anyone, when you sin yourself. Especially in a chat room where you do not KNOW the people you are trying to judge.

    I have seen more people have victory over drugs/alcohol/sexual impurity/ and other sins in the last 15 years at my current church than I did for 30 years in the baptist churches I attended all over the United States.


    6. Church hopper? I was a member of the same baptist church from the time my parents took me at the age of 5. The same church I was saved in at the age of 9, the same church I left when I went to book camp to serve my country. While in the militaryk in each city I lived (for 14 years, I lived in Chicago, Washington DC, CC Texas, Cleveland Ohio, Sault Ste Marie michigan and Boston Massachusetts. I found a baptist church n every city,. And went to that church,. When I retired, I went back to the same church I went to as a child. That church ended up splitting because of some stuff that went on with the pastor. I left and went to another church (with my father) at which case some things happened in my life which caused me to question my church, I ended up leaving and becoming a prodigal child for 5 years. After wehich. When it was the right time, my childhood friend who I helped lead to christ called me and brought be to his church, I have been going to that church for about 12 years no.

    Church hopping? You have no idea who I am, and all you have just done is prove how spoonfed you are. And you you can not discuss anything with anyone, because youy already think you know them when you do not..

    Love your heart bro. Really do.

    Thanks for being vulnerable and authentic in your post. It touched my heart.

    i tried to rep you, but I must spread more rep around.
    Gimme cooookieeee.

  7. #187
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,231
    Rep Power
    321

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    Here is what is obvious

    You do not know me at all if you did know me, you would not have said most of what you just posted. Because you would know they either do not fit my belief, or are not true.


    That is the problem with what I call spoon fed Christianity. You are told. This is what people believe, This is what they will say, Look for these key words, if you see them, This is what you should do.

    The problem is, They never listen to what is actually said, then do what you just did, Go on a rant of unfactual stuff in order to support your view. And attack mine.

    Way to go.


    Here is what is true,.

    1. You do not get called legalistic because of what you just said. That is not it at all. If that was true, we would have too. Call ourselves legalistic also

    2. You still are on a rant, You can;t let it God. DC already said he did not way what you thought he said, yet you can not let it go. And your judging me based on things you do not know either.. But yet you can not stop yourself. You think you have us, and will continue this rant, which s unfounded, untrue and nothing but judgmental

    3. Christians say they are struggling and do not want to come over because all they will get from the legalist is judgment, Attack, If you trusted Christ you would not do this or that, why7 would they want to come.

    Christians in my church have no problem coming, because they will be chastened in love, not judged, They will find true help/. True prayer warriors who are out to see you find victory, not defeat. And will stick with you for the long hall and like Jesus, NEVER GIVE UP.

    4. Passive sanctification until ticket is punched? Who are you talking about? I do. Not believe this, I do nbot teach this, Nor would I support this. Again, your do not have any idea of what you are saying, nor what I believe, because you will not sit down for one ,minute and actually listen to us or ask.

    5. Let he who has no sin cast the first stone, The jew tried to judge the prostitute, Jesus did not judge her,. He told her to go and continue to sin no more (find victory) grace gives us victory, not law. You have no right to judge anyone, when you sin yourself. Especially in a chat room where you do not KNOW the people you are trying to judge.

    I have seen more people have victory over drugs/alcohol/sexual impurity/ and other sins in the last 15 years at my current church than I did for 30 years in the baptist churches I attended all over the United States.


    6. Church hopper? I was a member of the same baptist church from the time my parents took me at the age of 5. The same church I was saved in at the age of 9, the same church I left when I went to book camp to serve my country. While in the militaryk in each city I lived (for 14 years, I lived in Chicago, Washington DC, CC Texas, Cleveland Ohio, Sault Ste Marie michigan and Boston Massachusetts. I found a baptist church n every city,. And went to that church,. When I retired, I went back to the same church I went to as a child. That church ended up splitting because of some stuff that went on with the pastor. I left and went to another church (with my father) at which case some things happened in my life which caused me to question my church, I ended up leaving and becoming a prodigal child for 5 years. After wehich. When it was the right time, my childhood friend who I helped lead to christ called me and brought be to his church, I have been going to that church for about 12 years no.

    Church hopping? You have no idea who I am, and all you have just done is prove how spoonfed you are. And you you can not discuss anything with anyone, because youy already think you know them when you do not..


    Wow autocorrect killed me..lol I just reread it.. I have been going to my current church for 12 - 15 years. Reason for discrepancy. I was guessing in both instances..(I have been married for 10 now and met my wife in the church (she is my church leaders sister) and went to the church for a few years before we met. Either way, I hope I made my point that people assume things which are not true,. And just get themselves in trouble
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  8. #188
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,231
    Rep Power
    321

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Love your heart bro. Really do.

    Thanks for being vulnerable and authentic in your post. It touched my heart.

    i tried to rep you, but I must spread more rep around.
    Thank you bro.. I try not to hide anything, God takes me as I am, no need to make myself into some person I am not. We all should be open as to not only the good, but the bad in our Lives..
    Cee likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  9. #189
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    59,225
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    376

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Darn you, auto-correct!!! Die die die!!! LOL


    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    Wow autocorrect killed me..lol I just reread it.. I have been going to my current church for 12 - 15 years. Reason for discrepancy. I was guessing in both instances..(I have been married for 10 now and met my wife in the church (she is my church leaders sister) and went to the church for a few years before we met. Either way, I hope I made my point that people assume things which are not true,. And just get themselves in trouble


    Quote Originally Posted by pottersclay View Post
    Blue_ladybug is innocent, as we know in scripture " all people who like orange tabbies are innocent."

    Quote Originally Posted by TruthTalk View Post

    I love "Orange Tabbies" , God created the world and then, "Orange Tabbies" .....

    Quote Originally Posted by joefizz View Post
    Imagine Blue Ladybug and an orange kitty army!!


    Go to my profile Blog tab to read my testimonies.






  10. #190
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,231
    Rep Power
    321

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Darn you, auto-correct!!! Die die die!!! LOL
    it is bad when I come in after a post and read it again, and see all the errors.. Drives me nuts.. Thank God our spelling does not have to be perfect to get to heaven Or be a disciple of God.
    blue_ladybug likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  11. #191
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,470
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    Thank you bro.. I try not to hide anything, God takes me as I am, no need to make myself into some person I am not. We all should be open as to not only the good, but the bad in our Lives..
    The great thing about Jesus is He loves us before we are New Creations. Thus, He truly loves us where we are. But God's love is so boundless, and His wisdom so beyond us - He never leaves us there .... He has a plan for you, to prosper you and give you a future.

    In the process of growing in Him, He is finishing His workmanship in you. Stay honest with Him - yes! And stay true to His Lordship thru obedience and you will be empowered as well by His love to accomplish His will. The focus is on Him alone and our encouragement is in love and good deeds and in loving our brethren and others here on earth. We, as Children of God, know we love Him when we know Him and become in love with His will over our own; obeying His commandments. This is the act of maturing in Christ.

    We all need to accept our limitations,and pray in an honest effort toward Him, yet we all need to live in the New Creation. God Himself, therefore sets our standards by His will thru righteousness, over our own empowering us to enable us to do so in Christ.

    Thank You for your honesty...
    Last edited by slave; 1 Week Ago at 05:34 PM.

  12. #192
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,231
    Rep Power
    321

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    The great thing about Jesus is He loves us before we are New Creations. Thus, He truly loves us where we are. But God's love is so boundless, and His wisdom so beyond us - He never leaves us there .... He has a plan for you, to prosper you and give you a future.

    In the process of growing in Him, He is finishing His workmanship in you. Stay honest with Him - yes! And stay true to His Lordship thru obedience and you will be empowered as well by His love to accomplish His will. The focus is on Him alone and our encouragement is in love and good deeds and in loving our brethren and others here on earth. We, as Children of God, know we love Him when we know Him and become in love with His will over our own; obeying His commandments. This is the act of maturing in Christ.

    We all need to accept our limitations,and pray in an honest effort toward Him, yet we all need to live in the New Creation. God Himself, therefore sets our standards by His will thru righteousness, over our own empowering us to enable us to do so in Christ.

    Thank You for your honesty...
    Amen.

    I am pretty confused though, If God saved us at our worse, and everyone agrees that those who are born again will have a changed life, and have works,

    Why would he remove his salvation from us when we will never be worse than we were the time he saved us? (we will never be that bad again)

    That makes no sense whatsoever.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  13. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    480
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    I've been reading these posts, & I keep seeing the same thing over & over.

    Crying. Constantly crying about something. Everybody else is wrong & he is right.

    Rant, rant, rant, cry, cry, cry!!

    GEEEWIZ, somebody give him a baabaa & change his diiipy already!!!
    hardsell likes this.

  14. #194
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,231
    Rep Power
    321

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Speak2Me View Post
    I've been reading these posts, & I keep seeing the same thing over & over.

    Crying. Constantly crying about something. Everybody else is wrong & he is right.

    Rant, rant, rant, cry, cry, cry!!

    GEEEWIZ, somebody give him a baabaa & change his diiipy already!!!
    Another spirit filled Biblical sound post.

    smh!
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  15. #195
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Clement of Alexandria (c. 195) advises against giving into heretical men and their heresies in writing:

    He who hopes for everlasting rest knows also that the entrance to it is toilsome "and strait." And let him who has once received the Gospel, even in the very hour in which he has come to the knowledge of salvation, "not turn back, like Lot's wife," as is said; and let him not go back either to his former life, which adheres to the things of sense, or to heresies. . . . He, who has spurned the ecclesiastical tradition, and darted off to the opinions of heretical men, has ceased to be a man of God and to remain faithful to the Lord. (The Stromata, Book 7:16)


    How interesting that they believed in the 2century that apostasy (falling away) was possible.
    Last edited by ComeLordJesus; 1 Week Ago at 06:39 PM.
    Speak2Me likes this.

  16. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 29th, 2016
    Age
    35
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    The English is not clear in this passage. This is why people are coming to different conclusions .

    The Holy Spirit gives; many gifts throughout the Bible .
    Paul says maturity in the Gods word is needed, and not laying the first principles repeatedly to those who have them established . Once Christians mature, they can gain knowledge, of the World to Come .Concerning Gods plans, and how the Bible conveys that in Full .. Few Christians can even say they have a grasp on a few verses, let alone Gods entire Bible.
    Last edited by OtherWay210; 1 Week Ago at 06:49 PM.

  17. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    480
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Hmm so you credit yourself with your righteousness because you did the hard work? Something to consider with God.

    Also you labeled EG as someone who church hops by your assessment of his spiritual state. Do you know that to be true or are you just slandering his character to prove your point?

    You have an issue with people judging you by your words, but Jesus said our words would be a witnesss against us. Do you like what they are saying about you? If not, does that mean you’re not trying hard enough to change yourself?

    Just a few things for you to pray about since you want to hold others accountable to the word. I figured I’d do you the same service or am I being legalistic when it’s about yourself?
    Hmm so you jump in as soon as you think you've found fault with hardsell?

    You say he labeled EG. Hmm. AAMOF, EG labeled all of us.

    I notice EG labeled hardsell as believing spoon fed christianity. When were you gonna get around to dealin wit that?

    Yeah... NEVER.

    You have shown your hand as being a respecter of persons. Accuse one & not the other.

    Look everyone. Cee to EG's rescue, being his backup.

    He needs it.
    ComeLordJesus and hardsell like this.

  18. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Hmm so you credit yourself with your righteousness because you did the hard work? Something to consider with God.

    Also you labeled EG as someone who church hops by your assessment of his spiritual state. Do you know that to be true or are you just slandering his character to prove your point?

    You have an issue with people judging you by your words, but Jesus said our words would be a witnesss against us. Do you like what they are saying about you? If not, does that mean you’re not trying hard enough to change yourself?

    Just a few things for you to pray about since you want to hold others accountable to the word. I figured I’d do you the same service or am I being legalistic when it’s about yourself?
    fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

  19. #199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by OtherWay210 View Post
    The English is not clear in this passage. This is why people are coming to different conclusions .

    The Holy Spirit gives; many gifts throughout the Bible .
    Paul says maturity in the Gods word is needed, and not laying the first principles repeatedly to those who have them established . Once Christians mature, they can gain knowledge, of the World to Come .Concerning Gods plans, and how the Bible conveys that in Full .. Few Christians can even say they have a grasp on a few verses, let alone Gods entire Bible.
    When you reply please click "reply with quote" it makes it easier to understand what you are talking about. Thanks

  20. #200
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,470
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    Amen.

    I am pretty confused though, If God saved us at our worse, and everyone agrees that those who are born again will have a changed life, and have works,

    Why would he remove his salvation from us when we will never be worse than we were the time he saved us? (we will never be that bad again)

    That makes no sense whatsoever.
    What are you most confused with? His Supernatural purifying of you? Or the need to follow the Lord as He sets His standards which He will enable in you? The old "us" you speak of is dead ... The New "us" is alive only in Christ. Is it that you don't understand why He is only interested in His will? It is because He is wisdom, and love and He is the one who has plans for us to prosper us in His purposes and intentions. Jesus is the way, and the truth and the life. Don't worry about losing life when you are life as you yield to Him and therefore put to death the things of the flesh. I wasn't talking about losing your Salvation, I was talking about God leading you into it. "Sense" what does that mean to you?

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. the holy spirt (holy ghost)
    By respectfully in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: March 29th, 2017, 07:37 AM
  2. Receiving the Holy Ghost Vs. being filled with the Holy Ghost
    By wanderer6059 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 18th, 2016, 11:12 PM
  3. Holy Ghost ?
    By Jruiz in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 27th, 2013, 07:24 PM
  4. partakers of the Holy Ghost meaning
    By tono77 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 20th, 2013, 10:04 PM