Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 411
Like Tree439Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

  1. #301
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,812
    Rep Power
    95

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    I have set it aside, But if it keeps going, I will just take it to the higher ups.
    Some threads need to be totally expunged -- removed altogether. This is one of those.

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Come on man, seriously? What, are you bathing in meat tenderizer these days? You call what Cee said "an attack?" Come on man, toughen up.
    When CEE offers honey dripped, grace filled wisdom to only me, despite the acid being thrown by another poster at me and others. It is not to hard to CEE through HIS motive. Dick Vitale would call this a slam dunk

  3. #303
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,604
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    if we could stop sin BEFORE we were saved

    1. The cross us useless. Christ died in vein
    2. The law would save people. Sacrifice would only be needed up til the time the person stopped sinning and we have met Gods standard.

    again without you explaining this point, can you show the bible saying any of it? show me one place that the bible even suggests, that it is ok if we continue on in sin. 1 place that suggests that repentance is not required. if you can manage to do that, in the context of scripture, then your argument would be very well stated in a bible discussion forum.

    but you guys never can do that. ever. you say " once saved always saved" the bible says different. you guys explain How " we cant change, we cant repent of sin, thats why Jesus died, so we dont have to do what we cant do, He died because were sinners always have been, always will be so he died for us so were all saved now and if we sin, it doesnt apply to us God only sees Jesus.......all this kind of stuff, is not there in the written Wo9rd of God is the major issue, infact the bible refutes those Kind of things repeatedly on and on each book of the Bible explains that we have to repent of sin, because sin is death and in order to be free of death, we have to follow Jesus to be free of sin.


    you guys have this idea that Jesus died and that magically means sin now doesnt mean a thing. Jesus taught clearly, those Who believe in Him, and accept His words, believe Him, and do the things HE TEACHES US TO DO.


    the difference is that you are explaining one thing, and not me, but Jesus Christ, is explaining the other thing.

    He Jesus is the One who says in His own words recorded in the Holy bible " you must repent of sin" " OI forgive you now go and sin no more" " it is not those who call me Lord Lord who will be saved, but those who DO THE WILL of my Father in Heaven" " if you Love me, you will obey my commands" Jesus says this again and again " if you really keep mmy words, you are my disciples indeed, and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free"


    its all based not on what i say, you say, or the gog books say, salvation is based entirely on Jesus, this includes it is defined and set forth as is By His Words, by His Gospel. we dont Get to explain to people now, why Jesus explainations dont apply and ours do is the issue.


    because you define grace as " unwarranted favor" you are ommiting what the Bible actually says, and even the Words of Our Lord and savior, who clearly taught the Way to the father, the Only way. those are the things were supposed to believe and spread to people, the things Jesus taught. not the message of why we arent supposed to believe what Jesus said, which is what the gog ultimately and subtly does and requires.


    if the things Jesus Christ taught, are the Gospel, are the teachings for christians, then the gog doctrine cannot be correct and has to come from the opposite source because the doctrine requires like in eden, the believer to see what Jesus said about something, and then believe the other contrary message. im a christian, chritians are believers in and also OF Jesus Christ and there in the perseverance unto salvation exists, simply Believe Jesus christ without the special gog lens, and you will Know the truth. agaon those are His words and not my own. if you havent read those things in the Gospel i wpould gladly share what Jesus Christ taught about eternal salvation, in context without plucking a single verse from context...but im sure youve probably seen the things im talkin about in His ministry so.....

  4. #304
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,050
    Rep Power
    171

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Repentance is turning toward God.

    Its not sorrow. It’s only GODLY sorrow if we turn toward God as a result.

    Jesus said repent for the Kingdom of God is AT hand. Which means in front of you.

    We don’t clean ourselves up to come to Jesus. We come to Jesus to be cleaned up.

    It was by HIS WORD that the disciples were cleansed.
    Yes studyman is saying we clean ourselves up for sure so good point of refutation. Man will never stop giving himself credit for salvation while mitigating the work of God, studyman is only one in a long line who do this. There are many on this site who do.

    But the thing is repentance is a work of God in us, not only at salvation but during salvation, it isn't something we've accomplished and it isn't merely a change of mind or turning toward God. And faith is also his gift, Scripture clearly states this.

    Other than that, study up on repentance bro and stay in the Word. Good seeing you around again.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

  5. #305
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,604
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    Some threads need to be totally expunged -- removed altogether. This is one of those.
    why brother? discussions are quite revealing and people state the things they believe which lets others know if they can agree to what thier explaining. sort of the secret things of the heart and mind being shone in the light.
    7seasrekeyed likes this.

  6. #306
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,050
    Rep Power
    171

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by hardsell View Post
    When CEE offers honey dripped, grace filled wisdom to only me, despite the acid being thrown by another poster at me and others. It is not to hard to CEE through HIS motive. Dick Vitale would call this a slam dunk
    Meg, why do you post these things? Why is it that you always come back, continue in these threads right where you left off, unchanged, while being filled with disdain for others? Why haven't you changed, where is any grace stemming from you? Why, bro?
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

  7. #307
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2017
    Age
    48
    Posts
    480
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    And speaking of repentance., here is a paragraph taken from a post about repentance ., Repentance is not about crying and beating ourselves up so as to be somehow "showing" God and others just how worthy one makes themselves in the self loathing department. It's not our self loathing., it's Jesus Love and grace given for us that first saves us and then delivers us from sin.

    What is repentance?
    The Greek word commonly translated repentance (metanoia) literally means to change your mind. (You can check this out for yourself by looking up a Greek lexicon such as Thayer’s and Smith’s Bible Dictionary or Vines Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words.) The Greek word for repent (metanoeo) is similar and both words are derived from the Greek word for mind (nous). So to repent is to change your mind. Nothing more, nothing less. Let’s look at an example from scripture:
    “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!” (Mar 1:15)
    ....... The religious mind interprets Jesus’ words as “turn from sin and believe the good news.” But that is not what Jesus is saying. Jesus is addressing unbelievers. He is saying “change your unbelieving mind and believe the good news.” Repentance is not primarily a sin issue, it’s a faith issue. We are born walking by sight and trusting in the flesh. Jesus says, change the way you think and believe the good news
    From: https://escapetoreality.org/2011/11/20/why-repentance-is-like-football/

    What is repentance?
    The Greek word commonly translated repentance (metanoia) literally means to change your mind. (You can check this out for yourself by looking up a Greek lexicon such as Thayer’s and Smith’s Bible Dictionary or Vines Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words.) The Greek word for repent (metanoeo) is similar and both words are derived from the Greek word for mind (nous). So to repent is to change your mind. Nothing more, nothing less. Let’s look at an example from scripture:
    “The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!” (Mar 1:15)
    This is where the football confusion starts to kick in. The religious mind interprets Jesus’ words as “turn from sin and believe the good news.” But that is not what Jesus is saying. Jesus is addressing unbelievers. He is saying “change your unbelieving mind and believe the good news.” Repentance is not primarily a sin issue, it’s a faith issue. We are born walking by sight and trusting in the flesh. Jesus says, change the way you think and believe the good news.

    Now, from Thayer's Lexicon, you know, the one Paul Ellis quoted from:

    Thayer's Greek Lexicon
    STRONGS NT 3340: μετανοέω

    μετανοέω, μετάνω; future μετανοήσω; 1 aorist μετενόησα; from (Antiphon), Xenophondown; the Sept. several times for נִחַם; to change one's mind, i. e. to repent (
    to feel sorry that one has done this or that, Jonah 3:9), of having offended someone, Luke 17:3f; with ἐπίτίνι added (the dative of the wrong, Hebrew עַל, Amos 7:3; Joel 2:13; Jonah 3:10; Jonah 4:2), of (on account of) something (so Latinme paenitet alicujus rei), 2 Corinthians 12:21; used especially of those who, conscious of their sins and with manifest tokens of sorrow, are intent; on obtaining God's pardon; to repent (Latinpaenitentiam agere): μετανοῶἐνσάκκῳκαίσποδῷ, clothed in sackcloth and besprinkled with ashes, Matthew 11:21; Luke 10:13. to change one's mind for the better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins: Matthew 3:2; Matthew 4:17; Mark 1:15 (cf. Matthew 3:6ἐξομολογούμενοιτάςἁμαρτίαςαὐτῶν; Matthew 3:8 and Luke 3:8καρπούςἀξίουςτῆςμετανοίας, i. e. conduct worthy of a heart changed and abhorring sin); (Matthew 11:20; Mark 6:12); Luke 13:3, 5; Luke 15:7, 10; Luke 16:30; Acts 2:38; Acts 3:19; Acts 17:30; Revelation 2:5, 16; Revelation 3:3, 19; on the phrase μετανοεῖνεἰςτόκήρυγματίνος, Matthew 12:41 and Luke 11:32, see εἰς, B. II. 2 d.; (Winer's Grammar, 397 (371)). Since τόμετανοεῖν expresses mental direction, the termini from which and to which may be specified: ἀπότῆςκακίας, to withdraw or turn one's soul from, etc. (cf. Winers Grammar, 622 (577); especially Buttmann, 322 (277)), Acts 8:22; ἐκτίνος, Revelation 2:21; Revelation 9:20; Revelation 16:11 (see ἐκ, I. 6; (cf. Buttmann, 327 (281), and Winer's Grammar, as above)); μετανοεῖνκαίἐπιστρέφεινἐπίτόνΘεόν, Acts 26:20; followed by an infinitive indicating purpose (Winer's Grammar, 318 (298)), Revelation 16:9. (Synonym: see μεταμέλομαι.)

    When a person quotes a hypergrace deceiver (he admits he's hypergrace) in the forums, they are spreading deceit.

    Whether or not they're aware of it is up for grabs.

    But, they will answer to God for spreading deceit, whether they knew or not.

  8. #308
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,604
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Yes studyman is saying we clean ourselves up for sure so good point of refutation. Man will never stop giving himself credit for salvation while mitigating the work of God, studyman is only one in a long line who do this. There are many on this site who do.

    But the thing is repentance is a work of God in us, not only at salvation but during salvation, it isn't something we've accomplished and it isn't merely a change of mind or turning toward God. And faith is also his gift, Scripture clearly states this.

    Other than that, study up on repentance bro and stay in the Word. Good seeing you around again.
    repentance is something that Jesus Christ calls us to do through giving us mercy up front. God works in us true, by the word of Christ in us working discerning the attitudes and thoughts of our hearts. Jesus gospel calls us who believe into repentance because His words are living and active in us. we do have to cooperate with God in sanctification he does not do it against our will. there is a part of this where if we believe well pick up our cross and follow hIM. thats an image of not an easy walk ahead of the believer, but one that requires really everything of us, we are willing to do this because He gave everything for us, first.


    He also though promises to return with wrath upon those who persist in sin, its written and we cant change it because we dont like to hear it, we have to learn to accept, believe and Love the truth that sets free. if Jesus teaches a principle, people should be very very verrry careful to go around preaching the opposite, or a point that omits the word of Our King of kings. when the King speaks, its final and immutable in His Kingdom. we gotta learn to agree with Jesus on everything, it shouldnt be that hard because He was spit on for us, insulted, stripped and beated, whipped , mocked, pit to public shame and crucified as a common thief, with common criminals there Hung our Lord for 6 hours struggling to breath and writhing in pain.


    the exact same savior who did that, taught a ministry and stressed to those who Loved Him, keep my ways, my teachings, follow me , spread my message to others, when you make a mistake and do something wrong, repent and get back to where you began, following the Lord, Learning from the Lord, He is full of mercy to His disciples, he is full of wrath to those who oppose Him and lead people in the wrong direction away from His teachings and promises, and warnings to those he came to save......everyone.
    7seasrekeyed likes this.

  9. #309
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,231
    Rep Power
    321

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus View Post
    again without you explaining this point, can you show the bible saying any of it? show me one place that the bible even suggests, that it is ok if we continue on in sin. 1 place that suggests that repentance is not required. if you can manage to do that, in the context of scripture, then your argument would be very well stated in a bible discussion forum.

    but you guys never can do that. ever. you say " once saved always saved" the bible says different. you guys explain How " we cant change, we cant repent of sin, thats why Jesus died, so we dont have to do what we cant do, He died because were sinners always have been, always will be so he died for us so were all saved now and if we sin, it doesnt apply to us God only sees Jesus.......all this kind of stuff, is not there in the written Wo9rd of God is the major issue, infact the bible refutes those Kind of things repeatedly on and on each book of the Bible explains that we have to repent of sin, because sin is death and in order to be free of death, we have to follow Jesus to be free of sin.


    you guys have this idea that Jesus died and that magically means sin now doesnt mean a thing. Jesus taught clearly, those Who believe in Him, and accept His words, believe Him, and do the things HE TEACHES US TO DO.


    the difference is that you are explaining one thing, and not me, but Jesus Christ, is explaining the other thing.

    He Jesus is the One who says in His own words recorded in the Holy bible " you must repent of sin" " OI forgive you now go and sin no more" " it is not those who call me Lord Lord who will be saved, but those who DO THE WILL of my Father in Heaven" " if you Love me, you will obey my commands" Jesus says this again and again " if you really keep mmy words, you are my disciples indeed, and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free"


    its all based not on what i say, you say, or the gog books say, salvation is based entirely on Jesus, this includes it is defined and set forth as is By His Words, by His Gospel. we dont Get to explain to people now, why Jesus explainations dont apply and ours do is the issue.


    because you define grace as " unwarranted favor" you are ommiting what the Bible actually says, and even the Words of Our Lord and savior, who clearly taught the Way to the father, the Only way. those are the things were supposed to believe and spread to people, the things Jesus taught. not the message of why we arent supposed to believe what Jesus said, which is what the gog ultimately and subtly does and requires.


    if the things Jesus Christ taught, are the Gospel, are the teachings for christians, then the gog doctrine cannot be correct and has to come from the opposite source because the doctrine requires like in eden, the believer to see what Jesus said about something, and then believe the other contrary message. im a christian, chritians are believers in and also OF Jesus Christ and there in the perseverance unto salvation exists, simply Believe Jesus christ without the special gog lens, and you will Know the truth. agaon those are His words and not my own. if you havent read those things in the Gospel i wpould gladly share what Jesus Christ taught about eternal salvation, in context without plucking a single verse from context...but im sure youve probably seen the things im talkin about in His ministry so.....

    can you explain why we need the cross if we could clean ourself up?
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  10. #310
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,470
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Mockers, stir up a City and inflame passions, but the wise know how to put out the fire and ease tensions. When the wise go to court against a fool, there will be ranting and raving but no resolution.

    Bloodthirsty men despise those who are honest, but the just find a way to help them. (Proverbs 29:8-10).

    "And, I, if I am lifted up from earth, will draw all men to Myself." (John 12:32).

    This is why we must be in Christ operating spiritually thru the Holy Spirit 24/7. I am accountable to God for the way I control my body under His authority. Paul said he did not “set aside the grace of God”— make it ineffective (Galatians 2:21). The grace of God is absolute and limitless, and the work of salvation through Jesus is complete and finished forever. I am not being saved— I am saved.

    Salvation is as eternal as God’s throne, but I must put to work or use what God has placed within me in His timing. To “work out [my] own salvation” (Phil. 2:12) means that I am responsible for using what He has given me. It also means that I must exhibit in my own body the life of the Lord Jesus, not mysteriously or secretly, but openly and boldly. “I discipline my body and bring it into subjection . . .” (1 Corinthians 9:27).

    Every Christian can have his body under absolute control for God. God has given us the responsibility to rule over all “the temple of the Holy Spirit,” including our thoughts and desires (1 Corinthians 6:19)). We are responsible for these, and we must never give way to improper ones. But most of us are much more severe in our judgment of others than we are in judging ourselves. We make excuses for things in ourselves, while we condemn things in the lives of others simply because we are not naturally inclined to do them.

    Paul said, “I beseech you…that you present your bodies a living sacrifice…” (Romans 12:1). What I must decide is whether or not I will agree with my Lord and Master that my body will indeed be His temple. Once I agree, all the rules, regulations, and requirements of the law concerning the body are summed up for me in this revealed truth - My body is “the temple of the Holy Spirit.” I am either in Christ; or I am not - period. Maturity is His affair to manage in us, as we obey what He makes clear thru the Holy Spirit.
    Last edited by slave; 1 Week Ago at 06:45 PM.
    followjesus likes this.

  11. #311
    Senior Member Rosemaryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    878
    Rep Power
    114

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Seems many want to browbeat people over the head with Hebrews 10:26, that if the person sins willfully, they're going to hell. As if they don't sin on purpose. Ever. It only applies "to others" not to them. They would never, and have never done such a thing.

    That misapplication and grandstanding needs to stop. If a person has been granted faith and repentance, they are his, and this will not be lost. All the evidences and graces of salvation come with this transformation and conversion.

    Many preachers misuse this text to get a full altar at the end of a service. Funny thing is, those at the altar are going because they've "willfully sinned" and if that were the sense of the text (as some on here are making it out to be) then they're on their way to hell. It's useless then to "go forward" and mend ones ways at that point (just the logical end of this misusage).

    Here, this gives the proper context and sense of the text:

    there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins; meaning, not typical sacrifice; for though the daily sacrifice ought to have ceased at the death of Christ, yet it did not in fact until the destruction of Jerusalem; but the sacrifice of Christ, which will never be repeated; Christ will die no more; his blood will not be shed again, nor his sacrifice reiterated; nor will any other sacrifice be offered; there will be no other Saviour; there is no salvation in any other, nor any other name whereby we must be saved. These words have been wrongly made use of to prove that persons sinning after baptism are not to be restored to communion again upon repentance; and being understood of immoral actions wilfully committed, have given great distress to consciences burdened with the guilt of sin, committed after a profession of religion; but the true sense of the whole is this, that after men have embraced and professed the truths of the Gospel, and particularly this great truth of it, that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour of men by his blood and sacrifice; and yet after this, against all evidence, all the light and convictions of their own consciences, they wilfully deny this truth, and obstinately persist in the denial of it; seeing there is no more, no other sacrifice for sin, no other Saviour, nor any salvation in any other way, the case of these men must be desperate; there is no help for them, nor hope of them; for by this their sin they shut up against themselves, in principle and practice, the way of salvation, as follows.
    - John Gill
    Thank you for sharing this...It has unlocked my mind to these Scriptures once and for all...I could not get my head around them for ages ...Every time I was growing , these Scriptures would make me feel threatened , made me think I could lose my salvation in Christ...The Holy Spirit has used your post to enlighten me, you never know who is reading and then the Light shines brighter ...Feel like rejoicing so I will...\/...xox...
    PSALM 107:20 He sends His word and heals me and rescues me from the pit and destruction.

  12. #312
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,604
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Repentance is turning toward God.

    Its not sorrow. It’s only GODLY sorrow if we turn toward God as a result.

    Jesus said repent for the Kingdom of God is AT hand. Which means in front of you.

    We don’t clean ourselves up to come to Jesus. We come to Jesus to be cleaned up.

    It was by HIS WORD that the disciples were cleansed.
    Godly sorrow is to be sorry for sin, because you understand sin is the will of satan that you have served. its godly sorrow when you are sorry for doing wrong. its not godly sorrow if my sorrow is because i have to quit the sinful actions. to be sorry for transgression of righteousness is a Godly thing, and part of the process of repentance.


    if a person is living with you because they have had some hardships in life and things fell apart, and every day you go to work, they come in your room and steal 5 dollars out of your money jar or bank. if they do this guilt free as if they havent done anything wrong, how would they ever come to the pont of repenting and stopping the action of stealing from you?

    if However after doing this daily for a week, they accept and realize " what im doing is so wrong this person took me in, and here i am stealing from them " that realization will lead to repentance, and the person will stop stealing because they have repented. turning toward God, doesnt end the process of repentance, it begins the process of repentance. after a person accepts Jesus, it is then that sin should begin to work on thier conscience and bring a conviction that im sinning, im doing what Jesus suffered for, Jesus calls for repentance of sin, and Godly sorrow for our sinful actions is part of the process that leads to repentance.

    sorrow in the heart, leads to reconciled actions. in life, if you were to do something bad to someone else, and you realized what you did was totally wrong.....would you feel sorry about what you did? and would you attempt to reconcile and apologize and ask thier forgiveness? our relationship with God should be no different. if im living the kind of life, that Jesus suffered and died to save me from, the way to honor His sacrifice is to depart from iniquity, i do in some ways feel sorry that Jesus had to suffer so greatly because of my sins, at times years ago that sorrow nearly crushed my heart. equally I am grateful that He loved me enough to do thatto save my life. repoentance comes from Jesus, but its something that we have to do through belief.


    philippians 4:13 " I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."


    indeed cee God sent His son to die for us while the entire world was lost in sin, no one deserved it, no one was worthy of it, without it there was only death for man. death came to man, because of sin. the realization of truth is that sin is the will of satan, and who we serve is who we belong to, should lead us to clear ourselves of service to satans will, should make us eager to part with sin. but we have to choose to do what is right, the option to do wrong will never go away, we former sinners without Hope, who were saved even though we died in sin, have to live as children of God now , that is who the word tells us we are. if we believe right, we will live right.
    Cee likes this.

  13. #313


    Mem
    Mem is offline
    Senior Member Mem's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2014
    Age
    48
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    I stopped following along a few pages ago and stopped back in to see how it was going... and then was like, meh, forget it...

    I will say it would be interesting to see how the conversation would go between the like minded without interruption from opposing views. I think this would produce a much better view of each position and provide for a more accurate gauge for those that are considering the Biblical integrity of either one or the other.
    Cee likes this.
    Every word of Godis pure (tried; tested; refined).- Prov 30:5

  14. #314
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Yes studyman is saying we clean ourselves up for sure so good point of refutation. Man will never stop giving himself credit for salvation while mitigating the work of God, studyman is only one in a long line who do this. There are many on this site who do.

    But the thing is repentance is a work of God in us, not only at salvation but during salvation, it isn't something we've accomplished and it isn't merely a change of mind or turning toward God. And faith is also his gift, Scripture clearly states this.

    Other than that, study up on repentance bro and stay in the Word. Good seeing you around again.
    I'm just choosing Jesus instruction over yours. Your scorn is perfectly natural, actually prophesied, so it is no surprise. I give credit to God for everything. He gave me a brain, He gave me life choices and the freedom to make them. You misrepresent my post so I will post it again.


    Yes, Jesus "WORD" did cleanse those who are exercised by it. I just want to "Take Heed" that I follow HIS Words, and not those "Many" who come in His name that He warned about.

    James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
    7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

    8 Draw nigh to God, and (then) he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
    9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.

    10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

    I understand I have nothing to do with Christ's ability or power to forgive past sins. But I also understand that I am to "choose" what Word's I follow. Do I follow Jesus and His instructions, or men's religion which has been the scourge of the world since Cain killed Abel.

    I can choose to obey those instructions I see, and stop committing the sins I see, this is true repentance.

    And I believe Jesus when He said He would send the "Helper" or "Comforter" or "Spirit of Truth" to expose those sins I can not see, those hidden sins that His Light exposes that are in the deep parts of my mind, so I can repent of these as well.

    Being "Freed" from the death and deception these sins caused me by the Blood of Christ, I am now "Free" to "SERVE HIM". Something He does not do for me.

    Any teaching that says I have nothing to do with my relationship with God is a false teaching IMHO.
    Last edited by Studyman; 1 Week Ago at 07:14 PM.

  15. #315
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,604
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post

    can you explain why we need the cross if we could clean ourself up?

    can you explain why what Jesus said is insufficient for you to believe?


    why is there a need for you to part from what is written clearly where is anyone taught to re assess the scripture? again here you go heres the Lord teaching His disciples.


    john 8:11 " She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

    he is not telling her "neither do i condemn you, now you go and ill not sin for you" he gave her unmerited unheard of mercy according to the mosaic Law, but He does not omit the instruction to repent. he does not explain that she doesnt need to do anything, he doesnt explain i will never condemn you whether you repent of sin or not. the way you are stating it the woman would receive mercy and then believe she had a free pass to continue. if you take the second part of the scripture out of the equation.

    grace with no instruction is lawless and will not change anyone, grace in conjunction with the instruction of Jesus " the good teacher" " the good shepherd" the One God sent" the Son of God" the Great High preist" the mediator of the covenant" he is the One who we have to go with, and he beyond debate teaches to repent of sin, to forgive others, to help the needy, to purify the heart from lust, greed, covetousness, anger , malice, plotting ect...


    when the message is different, its because its not the truth. Jesus instructs the same people He gives mercy to. he makes all this stuff clear himself with no explaination needed take heed of this woman regarding the christ

    john 4:25 "The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.


    we are sanctified or " cleaned up" because we believe Jesus as the Bible presents Him. he is the one who says repentance of sin is required. my point is simple, if you have to explain, why Jesus teachings and commandments are not applicable to christians, Jesus Christ is not wrong about any matter in His kingdom or in eternity. if a person wants to Know the truth we have to accept His words because they are the Words of God promised from deateronomy 18 and confirmed in acts 3. the eternal covenant Gods own words, in the One He sent, the Christ above all. the Lord.


    to simplify if we have to disagree with the Lord Jesus, were wrong and need to adjust our " doctrine" i can only tell you that Jesus taught everything we need to undrstand and believe. repentance, obedience, salvation all by faith in Him.

  16. #316
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,604
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    I'm just choosing Jesus instruction over yours. Your scorn is perfectly natural, actually prophesied, so it is no surprise. I give credit to God for everything. He gave me a brain, He gave me life choices and the freedom to make them. You misrepresent my post so I will post it again.

    thats absolutely the way i feel. and if anyone has to explain and disagree with the Words of Jesus Christ and His doctrine

    1 tmothy 6:3 "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; 4He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, 5Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself."



    you believe as you do bro because that is what your Lord Jesus taught you to believe, as He does all of us. God bless
    Speak2Me and Studyman like this.

  17. #317
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,574
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcR View Post
    I didn't go back and read the argument because I didn't want to take sides. I came in on this page and saw two people I'm fond of going at each other. It didn't matter to me why you were arguing because I intend to remain fond of both of you.
    I tried to make peace because Jesus says that is a blessed thing to do. I don't intend to read the argument; because that might cause me to take sides, presuming one of you is right. I was hoping to persuade both of you that regardless who is right, the issue is not worth the hard feelings it is causing.
    hmmmm

    well then if you did not read the posts, I am not sure why you would say what you did

    I basically avoid EG BECAUSE of his responses to people so like I said, no dog in this fight

    Marc...you cannot make peace with everyone and anyone as I am sure you know...I would probably just avoid EG in real life as well. does not mean I think he is not saved...but it does mean I don't like how he swaggers through the forums

    I truthfully do not have hard feelings towards him

    what I do have? is disbelief for how others pat him and say 'there there'

    you don't have to take sides...that is actually the proper thing IMO

    thanks for you input and I do consider your words

  18. #318
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,574
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by hardsell View Post
    It is even more ridiculous that each thread gets turned into the one whose name we will shall not speak

    If people pay attention it is the same group of people, or at least the top lieutenants. They go into the thread and If salvation is not discussed and not their version, it is derailed and instantly turned into another one whose name we will shall not speak.
    I agree but it is not a hill I am willing to die on haha

    it is what it is and best avoided for someone who disagrees so strongly with the tactics used

    the topic is a constant 'damage control' scenario. always about salvation and works and who is what and how can we label someone we do not really either agree with or understand

    other doctrine may be disagreed upon, but by gum we sure 'nuff all give a heads up on the issue that really is a non issue if you simply agree with scripture

    I dunno...I learned it all when I was 5 and accepted it and maybe I was blessed with a good foundation

    one of my fav songs as a kid was that old one about how the wise man built his house upon the rock and foolish man built his house on the sand ... a sure foundation is Jesus and He is found from Genesis to Revelation..the Alpha and Omega. Amen
    Last edited by 7seasrekeyed; 1 Week Ago at 07:40 PM.
    followjesus and Studyman like this.

  19. #319
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    48,231
    Rep Power
    321

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus View Post
    can you explain why what Jesus said is insufficient for you to believe?
    He did?

    John 6, He who sees and believes will Never hunger, never thirst Live forever, never die, Has eternal life and will be raised on the last day.

    John 6. Believe in me and out of your heart will flow rivers of living water flowing to eternal life

    John 3. Believe in me and you have eternal life. He who believes has life, he who does not believe does not have life but the wrath of God abides in him.

    Either you believe in jesus or you do not?

    Now again, Can you answer why Jesus died if we could make ourself clean.


    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  20. #320
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,574
    Rep Power
    57

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by ComeLordJesus View Post
    Any particular breed?

    oh u bet!!

    Siberian..he's adorable and we had first pick from a very good breeder so we are proud new puppy parents!

    he sure can get a howl on though LOL! at 5 am........ he'll grow out of it when the little bladder matures

    thanks for asking!

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. the holy spirt (holy ghost)
    By respectfully in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: March 29th, 2017, 07:37 AM
  2. Receiving the Holy Ghost Vs. being filled with the Holy Ghost
    By wanderer6059 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 18th, 2016, 11:12 PM
  3. Holy Ghost ?
    By Jruiz in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 27th, 2013, 07:24 PM
  4. partakers of the Holy Ghost meaning
    By tono77 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 20th, 2013, 10:04 PM