Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 401 to 411 of 411
Like Tree439Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

  1. #401
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,470
    Blog Entries
    53
    Rep Power
    77

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    We must keep ourselves in touch, not with theories, but with people, and never get out of touch with human beings, if we are going to use the Word of God skillfully amongst them. How can we do this in anything outside of the Holy Spirit? We can't, it is all for naught spiritually; and therefore eternally. A life lived in the flesh even toward good intentions has no worth in God's economy. Satan's power in the world is everywhere. Yet wherever I walk in the Spirit, sensitive to my anointing via righteous living by God's commissioning me, the power of Satan just evaporates. There is a line drawn by God, a boundary where by virtue of His own very presence Satan's formal inherent order does not run. When I but let God occupy all the space Himself as myself, there is no more room for the evil one!

    This thread, I summarized by the title, was to elaborate on the Holy Spirit. It is imperative that believers recognize a spirit exists within them in conjunction with the Holy Spirit. Something extra to thought, knowledge, and imagination of the mind. Something beyond affection, sensation, and pleasure of the emotion, something additional to desire, decision, and action of the will.

    When I try to increase my knowledge by doing mental gymnastics over books without waiting upon God and looking to the guidance of the Holy Spirit, my soul is plainly in full swing. This is without question where my spiritual life becomes depleted and sidetracked. I know this because we see it in the Bible first, and I have experienced it when I perform it: The fall of man was occasioned by seeking knowledge. God uses the foolishness of the Cross to, "destroy the wisdom of the wise."

    Now is the hour and the day to pick up my cross and follow Him, as will be tomorrow! I prostrate myself before my Lord and God, and in seeing divine revelation thru prayer in regards to reality and truth in my baptism from death unto life I have become willing to be convicted afresh of my sins by the Holy Spirit. Salvation is not life from death alone; it is life thru death unto life. We must never forget this premise and continuance of the premise as He Himself is present and finishes His work in us... as we obey.
    Last edited by slave; 1 Week Ago at 10:25 AM.
    garee likes this.

  2. #402
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    I can agree to disagree, but that doesn't mean I stop posting. Even to you if I believe I should.

    I have no idea who you call mainstream, nor do I know those you believe is this way. What I say, is what I see in scripture. A son is similar to being a servant while growing up in the house of God. You have not read this?

    Gal 4:1 Now what I am saying is this: As long as an heir is a child, he is no better off than a slave, even though he owns everything.
    Gal 4:2 Instead, he is placed under the care of guardians and servant managers until the time set by the father.

    This is what law does. Makes us servants not Sons. Maturity is to come into Gods rest. What He gave us through His Son. This is the working out of our salvation as I understand this. And why I understand this is because I experienced this.

    I worked hard to be what God had already created. His child.

    And I said nothing about feasts or what the other thing was which I've forgotten.

    The result of our trying by the way, will be fear and trembling, but not the fear of the Lord that is healthy.
    Well every religious person believes they are on the right path. That just goes without saying. It's called "Belief" or "Faith". But Jesus warned several times that "many" would believe things that were not true. They believe it is true, but it isn't. Jesus said;

    Matt. 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

    This means many "Christians" (the only people on the planet that preach in Christ's Name, that Jesus is the Son of God) are going to be telling lies about God and His Word. That's what "Deceive" means. Tricking someone into believing a lie.

    This isn't a condemnation or even accusation. It is simply a biblical fact.

    One such lie that I have identified is the preaching that the Pharisees were trying to please God by obeying Him. That they were trying to "Earn" their salvation by keeping God's Commandments.

    But when you look at the actual scriptures, we see this isn't true at all.

    Matt. 23:4
    For they (Not God) bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

    Matt. 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
    8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
    9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

    Rom. 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

    23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

    Jer. 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

    John 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

    I could go on and one. The Scriptures are clear. The Pharisees, which killed the Prophets, Jesus, and stoned Stephen to death were not trying to earn salvation by following God's Laws. They had created their own version of God, their own Sabbaths, their own Laws.

    This lie leads to the "God's Laws are impossible to follow" lie. Keeping God's Laws didn't work for the Pharisees, they say.

    It also leads to the lie that God's Commandments are so burdensome and a yoke that man could never bear. Yet they refuse to accept that it wasn't God's Laws that burdened the people, it was the Laws created by the "Mainstream Church" of the time.

    EX. "It was never against God to take a fellowship walk and eat a strawberry or ear of corn on God's Sabbath". Yet, it was against the Law the Pharisees created. It was never against God to help a brother in need on God's Sabbaths. Yet, it was against the Law the Pharisees created. "We have a Law, and by OUR Law, He should die". But the Law and the Prophets did not condemn Jesus to death, the Law the Pharisees created did. It was never against God's Laws for Gentiles to repent and turn to God, yet it was against the Law of the Pharisees.

    I could go on and on. This lie lends itself to so many other false teachings.

    It leads to the lie told by many on this forum about Col. 2. That God's Commandments are "rudiments of the World", "Vain deceit", Traditions of men".

    They preach that Jesus battled with God and "spoiled Him" on the cross. That God's Laws are against us so Jesus nailed His Fathers Laws to the cross, "Spoiling God", Making a show of God openly, "Triumphing over God" in His Death.

    All because they believe the lie that the Pharisees were rejected because they were trying to follow God's Laws, when it was their own laws, Commandments they created, that were against Jesus, Paul and the Gentiles. Jesus triumphed over "THEM" who condemned Him, it was their religion, their "handwritten ordinances" that Jesus exposed as false. They were the ones He made a show of openly, Not God.

    This is only one example, I could go on and on.

    Jesus said "Christians" will preach lies about Him. I am "taking Heed" that I am not persuaded to "Believe" or have "faith" in those lies.

    I always welcome your comments. These discussions are good for us to have.

  3. #403
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,427
    Rep Power
    72

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    I would wonder why anyone would attempt to judge "grace "rather than working it out from that perspective. If you see a brother than sin lovenly by grace rebuke him do not share in his guilt. After all it is God who does the work in us to both will and perform His good pleasure. We work it it out like marriage marriage union (the grace) not work to gain it but a work to agree having a union.with another .

    If we claim to perform that which he has appointed to us we make his work of faith without effect as the work that does work in us to both will and do His good pleasure called a imputed righteousness . The kind of imputed righteousness of Abraham and Rehab as the mutual faith of Christ that also worked in them, with them (Emmanuel)

    Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.Phi 2:12


    Faith is a work we cannot separate the two.it would be like separating the spirit essence of life from the dead body and hoping some work could be performed.

    Was not Abraham our father justified by works, (of Christ's faith that worked in them both ) when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how (Christ's) faith wrought with his (Christ's)works, and by works was faith (Christ's)made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him (Abraham and Rehab) for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?Jam 2:21
    slave likes this.

  4. #404
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,487
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    This lie leads to the "God's Laws are impossible to follow" lie. Keeping God's Laws didn't work for the Pharisees, they say.

    It also leads to the lie that God's Commandments are so burdensome and a yoke that man could never bear. Yet they refuse to accept that it wasn't God's Laws that burdened the people, it was the Laws created by the "Mainstream Church" of the time.
    While I agree with the point you make here, I also believe there is another reason we may find God's Commandments are burdensome.

    Romans 8:

    3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

    4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

    5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

    6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

    8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.



    We can walk according to who we were in Adam (walk after the flesh or carnal minded) and try with all our might to follow the righteousness of the law. However, because the law is weak through the flesh, we easily tire in our endeavors. We may look like we're following the law and think we are successful, but it is a struggle for us because the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.


    1 John 5:3 tells us For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

    If we find the commandments of God to be grievous (heavy, burdensome, oppressive), it may well be that we have left our abode in our Lord Jesus Christ and we are trying to keep His commandments through our carnal attempts. And we know from Rom 8 the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

  5. #405
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    =
    reneweddaybyday;3412228]
    While I agree with the point you make here, I also believe there is another reason we may find God's Commandments are burdensome.

    Romans 8:

    3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

    4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

    5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

    6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

    7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

    8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.



    We can walk according to who we were in Adam (walk after the flesh or carnal minded) and try with all our might to follow the righteousness of the law. However, because the law is weak through the flesh, we easily tire in our endeavors. We may look like we're following the law and think we are successful, but it is a struggle for us because the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

    1 John 5:3 tells us For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.



    If we find the commandments of God to be grievous (heavy, burdensome, oppressive), it may well be that we have left our abode in our Lord Jesus Christ and we are trying to keep His commandments through our carnal attempts. And we know from Rom 8 the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    [/QUOTE]

    This last two quotes are a perfect example of the influence that one big lie has on Mainstream teaching.. The assumption there is that the Pharisees were "Trying to obey God's Laws on their own" and couldn't do it. So the same thing will happen to us if we do as the Pharisees did. But the Pharisees were not "trying to obey God", they had created their own Laws to obey and had rejected God's Laws. This is Biblical Fact.

    Had they strived to be obedient children as Jesus/God Commanded, as did Zechariahs and Abraham, this would have led them to Christ. This is a promise of God. But they were not trying to "obey God on their own", they were creating their own Laws, their own religion.

    John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

    The Mainstream Preachers of Christ's time did not "Keep His Words" that Jesus, before becoming a man, Commanded them. If they had, this promise above would been given them as it was to Zechariahs and Abraham. Jesus said so and I have Faith in His Word.

    The lie that the Pharisees were trying to obey God to earn Salvation has influenced every aspect of todays Mainstream Teaching. The Pharisees had created their own salvation which included their own version of the Levitical Priesthood "works of the Law" for remission of sins.

    Paul was addressing this by telling them that the Laws of God were not designed or created to forgive sins, only to define sin. Only Jesus can forgive sins. But unless we change from the lawless carnal human we now are, and trust God enough to follow His Instructions, then They will not make Their "abode" with us. If we reject His Spiritual, Good, Holy, and Just Instructions, we remain carnal and an enemy of God.

    Today we have a gigantic religion with billions of people following it. They have created, as did the Pharisees, images of God after the likeness of man. They have created, as did the Pharisees, their own Sabbath. They have created, as did the Pharisees, their own "Feasts unto the Lord" or High Days to worship this image of God.

    They have created a doctrine, founded in large part, on the lie that the Pharisees were trying to earn Salvation by following God's Commandments. This is a huge deception, but as the Prophet declared "And My people love to have it so".

    These are good conversations to have, thank you for your reply






  6. #406
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,487
    Rep Power
    68

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    This last two quotes are a perfect example of the influence that one big lie has on Mainstream teaching.. The assumption there is that the Pharisees were "Trying to obey God's Laws on their own" and couldn't do it. So the same thing will happen to us if we do as the Pharisees did. But the Pharisees were not "trying to obey God", they had created their own Laws to obey and had rejected God's Laws. This is Biblical Fact.

    I agree the pharisees in the time of Jesus had created their own laws and their own religion as Jesus stated in Matt 15. I agree we still have the same issue in our day and time.


    Please note, I am speaking of the commandments of God, not the manmade doctrines of the pharisee. I believe that if we find God's commandments burdensome, it is because we have left the abode in our Lord Jesus Christ. We are no longer walking according to the new man we have been created to be in Christ Jesus and we are walking according to the old man (who we were in Adam).
    stonesoffire likes this.

  7. #407
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,810
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    181

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Studyman
    Well every religious person believes they are on the right path.

    Stones:
    I hate religion. I do love being born again. I've done some traveling around the world by periscope, and have learned how other nations, goat nations worship their gods. All exercises in futility. Now those OT Jews at times had something that even churches are missing. Some churches that is, and that's His tangible presence coming into the meeting. Nothing like it.

    Studyman
    That just goes without saying. It's called "Belief" or "Faith".

    Stones:
    disagree. It's superstition. Faith is something that only Yah will give to those who are seeking the Creator.

    Studyman
    But Jesus warned several times that "many" would believe things that were not true. They believe it is true, but it isn't. Jesus said;

    Matt. 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

    stones:
    Has anyone here proclaimed themselves to be the anointed Messiah?

    Studyman
    This means many "Christians" (the only people on the planet that preach in Christ's Name, that Jesus is the Son of God) are going to be telling lies about God and His Word. That's what "Deceive" means. Tricking someone into believing a lie.


    This isn't a condemnation or even accusation. It is simply a biblical fact.

    Stones:
    Im beginning to see all the warnings about staying connected to the Vine, has to do with not trusting in self righteousness, or trying to make one acceptable to God any other way than the blood of Jesus. I heard many years ago that there would be an attack on the blood. I see it now being fulfilled.

    Studyman
    One such lie that I have identified is the preaching that the Pharisees were trying to please God by obeying Him. That they were trying to "Earn" their salvation by keeping God's Commandments.

    stones:
    bingo!

    Studyman
    But when you look at the actual scriptures, we see this isn't true at all.

    stones:
    did you just contradict yourself?

    Studyman
    Matt. 23:4
    For they (Not God) bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

    Matt. 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
    8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
    9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

    Rom. 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

    23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

    Jer. 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

    John 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

    I could go on and one. The Scriptures are clear. The Pharisees, which killed the Prophets, Jesus, and stoned Stephen to death were not trying to earn salvation by following God's Laws. They had created their own version of God, their own Sabbaths, their own Laws.

    stones:
    Look at what you just did! You took a bunch of unrelated scriptures and somehow tried to make your own theory concerning the Pharisees, and have just done what you are accusing them of doing.

    Study?man
    This lie leads to the "God's Laws are impossible to follow" lie. Keeping God's Laws didn't work for the Pharisees, they say.

    It also leads to the lie that God's Commandments are so burdensome and a yoke that man could never bear. Yet they refuse to accept that it wasn't God's Laws that burdened the people, it was the Laws created by the "Mainstream Church" of the time.

    EX. "It was never against God to take a fellowship walk and eat a strawberry or ear of corn on God's Sabbath". Yet, it was against the Law the Pharisees created. It was never against God to help a brother in need on God's Sabbaths. Yet, it was against the Law the Pharisees created. "We have a Law, and by OUR Law, He should die". But the Law and the Prophets did not condemn Jesus to death, the Law the Pharisees created did. It was never against God's Laws for Gentiles to repent and turn to God, yet it was against the Law of the Pharisees.

    I could go on and on. This lie lends itself to so many other false teachings.

    It leads to the lie told by many on this forum about Col. 2. That God's Commandments are "rudiments of the World", "Vain deceit", Traditions of men".

    They preach that Jesus battled with God and "spoiled Him" on the cross. That God's Laws are against us so Jesus nailed His Fathers Laws to the cross, "Spoiling God", Making a show of God openly, "Triumphing over God" in His Death.

    All because they believe the lie that the Pharisees were rejected because they were trying to follow God's Laws, when it was their own laws, Commandments they created, that were against Jesus, Paul and the Gentiles. Jesus triumphed over "THEM" who condemned Him, it was their religion, their "handwritten ordinances" that Jesus exposed as false. They were the ones He made a show of openly, Not God.

    This is only one example, I could go on and on.

    Jesus said "Christians" will preach lies about Him. I am "taking Heed" that I am not persuaded to "Believe" or have "faith" in those liees.

    stones:
    if you present facts to me with scriptures IN context, I'll look at what you have to say. Meanwhile, I reject this confusion.

    Studyman
    I always welcome your comments. These discussions are good for us to have.

    stones:
    seiously doubt this will be the case. I will return much later in the day. Is a busy one for me today.m
    1Th 3:12 May the Lord greatly increase your love for each other and for all people, just as we love you.


    1Th 3:13 Then your hearts will be strong, blameless, and holy in the presence of God, who is our Father, when our Lord Jesus appears with all his saints.





    Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.

  8. #408
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    [QUOTE=stonesoffire;3413112]Studyman
    Well every religious person believes they are on the right path.

    Stones:
    I hate religion. I do love being born again. I've done some traveling around the world by periscope, and have learned how other nations, goat nations worship their gods. All exercises in futility. Now those OT Jews at times had something that even churches are missing. Some churches that is, and that's His tangible presence coming into the meeting. Nothing like it.
    Studyman
    That just goes without saying. It's called "Belief" or "Faith".

    Stones:
    disagree. It's superstition. Faith is something that only Yah will give to those who are seeking the Creator.
    You can call it what you like, my statement is true. You believe you have Faith and the Pharisees believed they had faith, and the "Christians" in Matt. 7:23 thought they had Faith.

    But the Pharisees had created their own religion, as did those in Matt. 7. So how can we be sure we aren't deceived as Jesus warned?

    Studyman
    But Jesus warned several times that "many" would believe things that were not true. They believe it is true, but it isn't. Jesus said;

    Matt. 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

    stones:
    Has anyone here proclaimed themselves to be the anointed Messiah?

    Jesus said "Many WILL come in His Name, claiming that HE, Jesus, is truly the Christ, and will deceive many.

    What are you talking about? Are you saying Jesus is warning there will be "Many" who claim to be Jesus? Where does that preaching come from? Certainly not the Bible.

    Paul warns of satan disguising itself into "Apostles of Christ", which confirms what Jesus taught. But where do you get the preaching that Jesus is warning there will be "Many" who Claim they are Him?

    Studyman
    This means many "Christians" (the only people on the planet that preach in Christ's Name, that Jesus is the Son of God) are going to be telling lies about God and His Word. That's what "Deceive" means. Tricking someone into believing a lie.


    This isn't a condemnation or even accusation. It is simply a biblical fact.

    Stones:
    Im beginning to see all the warnings about staying connected to the Vine, has to do with not trusting in self righteousness, or trying to make one acceptable to God any other way than the blood of Jesus. I heard many years ago that there would be an attack on the blood. I see it now being fulfilled.
    You believe your "faith" is true, the Pharisees believed they were the chosen. just as I said. Everybody thinks they are on the right path. Yet, you are trying to preach that Jesus we only need to worry about those who claim they are Jesus.

    It's your belief, according to your religion. But the Bible teaches no such thing. Will you consider the Word over your belief? The Pharisees didn't.

    Studyman
    One such lie that I have identified is the preaching that the Pharisees were trying to please God by obeying Him. That they were trying to "Earn" their salvation by keeping God's Commandments.

    stones:
    bingo!

    Studyman
    But when you look at the actual scriptures, we see this isn't true at all.

    stones:
    did you just contradict yourself?

    Studyman
    Matt. 23:4
    For they (Not God) bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

    Matt. 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
    8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
    9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

    Rom. 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

    23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

    Jer. 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

    John 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

    I could go on and one. The Scriptures are clear. The Pharisees, which killed the Prophets, Jesus, and stoned Stephen to death were not trying to earn salvation by following God's Laws. They had created their own version of God, their own Sabbaths, their own Laws.

    stones:
    Look at what you just did! You took a bunch of unrelated scriptures and somehow tried to make your own theory concerning the Pharisees, and have just done what you are accusing them of doing.

    Un-related scripture? I don't preach the Pharisees were obeying God. It's part of your religion. It is a lie, the Pharisees were not trying to "please God" by following His Laws. They created their own as the scriptures clearly explain. Are you purposely deflecting here?

    Study?man
    This lie leads to the "God's Laws are impossible to follow" lie. Keeping God's Laws didn't work for the Pharisees, they say.

    It also leads to the lie that God's Commandments are so burdensome and a yoke that man could never bear. Yet they refuse to accept that it wasn't God's Laws that burdened the people, it was the Laws created by the "Mainstream Church" of the time.

    EX. "It was never against God to take a fellowship walk and eat a strawberry or ear of corn on God's Sabbath". Yet, it was against the Law the Pharisees created. It was never against God to help a brother in need on God's Sabbaths. Yet, it was against the Law the Pharisees created. "We have a Law, and by OUR Law, He should die". But the Law and the Prophets did not condemn Jesus to death, the Law the Pharisees created did. It was never against God's Laws for Gentiles to repent and turn to God, yet it was against the Law of the Pharisees.

    I could go on and on. This lie lends itself to so many other false teachings.

    It leads to the lie told by many on this forum about Col. 2. That God's Commandments are "rudiments of the World", "Vain deceit", Traditions of men".

    They preach that Jesus battled with God and "spoiled Him" on the cross. That God's Laws are against us so Jesus nailed His Fathers Laws to the cross, "Spoiling God", Making a show of God openly, "Triumphing over God" in His Death.

    All because they believe the lie that the Pharisees were rejected because they were trying to follow God's Laws, when it was their own laws, Commandments they created, that were against Jesus, Paul and the Gentiles. Jesus triumphed over "THEM" who condemned Him, it was their religion, their "handwritten ordinances" that Jesus exposed as false. They were the ones He made a show of openly, Not God.

    This is only one example, I could go on and on.

    Jesus said "Christians" will preach lies about Him. I am "taking Heed" that I am not persuaded to "Believe" or have "faith" in those liees.

    stones:
    if you present facts to me with scriptures IN context, I'll look at what you have to say. Meanwhile, I reject this confusion.
    I just did and you completely blew it off. Why would you do that? Because it doesn't fit your religion. That is what Jesus warned us about. I know most will not live by Every Word of God as Jesus instructed. But I wouldn't be doing my part as a brother if I didn't expose these things.



    Studyman
    I always welcome your comments. These discussions are good for us to have.

    stones:
    seiously doubt this will be the case. I will return much later in the day. Is a busy one for me today.m
    What if you are deceived about the warning Jesus gave us?

    Matt. 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

    What if those "MANY" who SHALL come in Christ's Name, who preach Jesus is truly the Christ, and who WILL deceive "MANY".

    Do you really believe this is talking about people who both "Come in His Name" and, as you say
    "proclaimed themselves to be the anointed Messiah?
    How can they come in His name, and claim to be Him at the same time?

    Of course they can't. It is another deception that "many" fall for. This is a perfect example of what Jesus warned about, and what I am trying to show you.

    If you don't care about these warnings, if you are happy in your religion and your beliefs, even when you are shown them to be false from the Word, Just let me know and I will leave you to your devises.

    I am only trying to help my brothers and sisters.

  9. #409
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    6,810
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    181

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Honestly, I don't understand your post. I can't tell what you are addressing and why.

    but, one thing I did decipher. When the scripture says many will come and call themselves Christ, this means anointed.

    That was what I was saying. And I have no religion. I'll look at this again later.
    1Th 3:12 May the Lord greatly increase your love for each other and for all people, just as we love you.


    1Th 3:13 Then your hearts will be strong, blameless, and holy in the presence of God, who is our Father, when our Lord Jesus appears with all his saints.





    Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might.

  10. #410
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    58
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    Honestly, I don't understand your post. I can't tell what you are addressing and why.

    but, one thing I did decipher. When the scripture says many will come and call themselves Christ, this means anointed.

    That was what I was saying. And I have no religion. I'll look at this again later.
    Matt. 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

    These who are "Coming in Christ's Name", are preaching that Jesus is the Christ, not that they, those who are coming in His Name, are the Christ.

    This is a perfect example of the deception we have been tricked into believing. Jesus said they would be preaching that HE is the Christ. That is what He said.

    He said "They will come in MY NAME" saying "I AM THE CHRIST".

    He didn't say as "Many" preach. "They will come in My Name, saying they are the Christ".

    This is what I am speaking about. These cleaver, subtle lies that we have been taught since our youth, that Jesus warned about over and over. It does matter. Just like the falsehood we are taught that the Pharisees were trying to obey God's Laws and not the Laws they created.

    Either the Word's of the Bible are to be used for correction and reproof, or they aren't. We can't just create our own Salvation as did the Mainstream Church of Christ's time.

    And agree or disagree, these kinds of Biblical discussions are good for those interested in the Salvation Jesus created. I appreciate the discussion.

  11. #411


    Mem
    Mem is offline
    Senior Member Mem's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2014
    Age
    48
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Partakers of the Holy Ghost

    Quote Originally Posted by Mem View Post
    I'm not 100 percent sure either, except for the vision I received when I was younger of a face, among others, whom of which wore a conspicuous Hebrew crown. Even more conspicuous was the toothy smile on his face...and I did wonder at whether that is Saul that I saw... and if right, I now realize why the huge smile!
    I fell away from this thread about a week ago, but, since this post contains my personal testimony, I felt I should update considering the new development. I really didn't worry all that much who that face belonged particularly belonged to until having written this but since have prayed for a clearer understanding, and just now have encountered 2Samuel 7:15 which says of Solomon, "but My lovingkindness will not depart from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you." Especially that the last word in this verse (in Hebrew) is (face), I am now more sure of this to have been Solomon.

    Not sure where, how, or even if, this might fit into this ongoing argument since it has progressed beyond my catching up...it still doesn't really confirm, to me, whether either Saul or Solomon had the indwelling of the Holy Spirit as much as it confirms to me that God has mercy on whom He will have mercy.
    Every word of Godis pure (tried; tested; refined).- Prov 30:5

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Similar Threads

  1. the holy spirt (holy ghost)
    By respectfully in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: March 29th, 2017, 07:37 AM
  2. Receiving the Holy Ghost Vs. being filled with the Holy Ghost
    By wanderer6059 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 18th, 2016, 11:12 PM
  3. Holy Ghost ?
    By Jruiz in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 27th, 2013, 07:24 PM
  4. partakers of the Holy Ghost meaning
    By tono77 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 20th, 2013, 10:04 PM