Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 131
Like Tree140Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

  1. #101
    Senior Member Endoscopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2017
    Posts
    670
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    Reading those verses carefully, we learn that there is a lot more being said here, than, "Dis me by eating there, an' you gonna be struck dead!"
    ​One of the issues is the meaning of the word day. It goes from a point in the 24 hours to an era of time. Usually the context tell us the amount of time. Obviously it was not immediately but an extended period of time.

  2. #102
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    18,369
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    372

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zmouth View Post
    Died once?
    Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Rev 20:6
    Probably died once. There is no scriptural evidence that they will subject to the second death.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  3. #103
    Senior Member Zmouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,468
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    There is no scriptural evidence that they will subject to the second death.

    No scriptural evidence?
    OMG you must really believe that you are saved by your faith.

    3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
    4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. Rom 3:3-4

    Do you really think you can be saved by believing the word of man is the word of God.

    For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe. 1 Thess 2:13

    So if Paul wrote that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God then did his faith come by the reading the Bible or the work of the LORD? Since faith without works is dead,

    And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
    Acts 9:[3-4][7]

    At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
    Acts 26:13-14



  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,493
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus View Post
    absolutely Jesus was slain at the foundation of the World, and we understand why. its actually the moment man receives the power to choose in scripture. God gives Him freedom to eat any tree in the Garden, then He warns Him not to eat the fruit of death. He doesnt guard the way to the tree of good and evil or the tree of life, he tells them the truth, you must not eat this fruit or you will die."

    if they hold to that as the truth they will never eat the fruit, so satan attacke thier mind. " did God really say that you must not eat of any tree?.....eve responds. then he says in contradiction " you will not surely die' at this point He is calling God a liar wothout actually saying it, so he continues to dress it up with a motive " god knows when you eat it you will be as gods knowing good and evil" he makes it appealing and makes the knowledge appear as desirable while excluding the fact that its poison to man.

    he truly is clever and subtil his scheme worked eve now sees his way " the fruit is good for food not deadly, its desirable for gaining wisdom, not to be forbidden. and it doesnt look poisonous its pleasant to her eyes " he changes her perception of Gods word, offers Her question, doubt, and then ulterior motive. hes saying " God is oppressing you, this fruit isnt gonna hurt you, god want to keep it to Himself its really good for you but he doesnt want you to have it it wont harm you trussssss sss t me"
    The ministry of satan is to steal, kill, destroy (John 10:10).

    When satan approached Eve, his first question focused Eve's attention on that which had been withheld for the good of mankind. It was not that God was withholding something from Adam/Eve which was beneficial to them. God was trying to protect them from harm (death).

    God's Word was Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it (Gen 2:16-27). God focused on every tree of the garden from which man could freely eat.

    The first words of satan Hath God said, ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? (Gen 3:1). satan focused on the one tree from which man could not eat.

    And, yes, satan did work on Eve's weakness. He lied to her [ye shall not surely die – Gen 3:4]. Then he insinuated that God was withholding something from Eve.

    He does the same thing to us to this very day. Tries to get us to question God's Word and God's wonderful lovingkindness to us. Sad to say that, for the most part, satan is successful in his ministry.




    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus
    what He ultimately did was changed mankinds perception of Gods word from life, to death you see it through the generations and then you see the people at horeb say this because God spoke to them

    exodus 20:19 " And they said unto Moses, Speak thou with us, and we will hear: but let not God speak with us, lest we die."
    I've often wondered what would have happened if the children of Israel had responded differently -- if they had wanted to draw near to God rather than hide their faces from Him.

    In Ex 19:6, God told them ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests. God's desire was that all the Israelites would faithfully serve Him and go out to the nations to proclaim His wonderful majesty. The nation was to be established and be a beacon to all the nations of the world.

    In 1 Peter 2:9, we are told that we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light. such an awesome privilege.




    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus
    the sin in us is why were afraid of Gods presence and why His word can be so offensive to us. everything that is God, is completely contrary to sin, and everything that is sin is contrary to God. there is no middle place where sin, and God go hand in hand or can have any true relationship. there is a place where sinners can go and leave there sins behind and Know the true and Only God for eternity no matter what weve done before. when we covet and hide our sin it will always offend us to hear Gods word.

    our perception has to change from what satan made it to see Gods decrees as against us or out to crush us, or to put a yoke on us or burden us or oppress us. His words to us are because He wills that we heed him amd live forever in His presence. thats what its all about for us the promises made by Jesus Christ. man is not a puppet, we all have the same choice of life or death as adam did. we can choose our will or satans will ( sin) and die, or we can choose Jesus Christ and the Gospel of salvation and Live.
    Just as God clothed Adam and Eve in Gen 3:21, He clothes us in His righteousness, which is found only in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ – 1 Corinthians 1:30 but of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, Who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.

  5. #105
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,613
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by JaumeJ View Post
    Disobedience is sin, even before the law was given.......especially when warned in advance.

    Now just what do you think death is? The power of death lies in sin. Sin is disobdience.

    It is death that was deveated on the cross, that curse of the law. Now, we are free of death, because we believe God in Jesus Christ, and we have mercy from our faith, and graces from His mercy.

    This is not difficult to absorb, but it is the truth according to the Word. All that has occurred to this moment is like a picture I believe, so all is pretty much preplanned, though in myu heart I do believe coming to Jesus is a matter of free will. Only God can manage a reality of truth as this. It is beyond teh comprehension of men.
    "Disobedience is sin, even before the law was given.......especially when warned in advance."

    "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

    the thing is that sin, is an entity, a spirit, the will of darkness and evil is what sin is, satans will. it was in the world without dispute at the earliest evidence in the bible, at the deception in Genesis 3. Note what satan acchieved, he caused them to disbelieve Gods Word, and then tempted them to choose to disobey it and test His truth. as someone asked " did God lie" that really is a print of what satan began His deception with, " did God really say...surely thats not true" in other words " God is lying to you, its good for you it will make you wise and it will not surely kill you"


    inh order to get them to die, he knows he has to get them to eat the fruit. its infallible if they eat it, they will surely die. satan Knows it, His only attack plan is to confuse, create doubt, and offer a different motivation for God telling them the fruit was deadly, its truth of motive is because God loves them and wants them to be safe. satan cant change what God said, so He changes thier minds perception of God and what God said. Gods word is infallibly true and will come to pass, if maniind can learn that truth and live accordingly there is nothing but life ahead.

    Gods Word is our Life, it is what will restore us to life to believe it rather than " interpret it" and fit it into theology class.

  6. #106
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,613
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by reneweddaybyday View Post

    The ministry of satan is to steal, kill, destroy (John 10:10).

    When satan approached Eve, his first question focused Eve's attention on that which had been withheld for the good of mankind. It was not that God was withholding something from Adam/Eve which was beneficial to them. God was trying to protect them from harm (death).

    God's Word was Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it (Gen 2:16-27). God focused on every tree of the garden from which man could freely eat.

    The first words of satan Hath God said, ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? (Gen 3:1). satan focused on the one tree from which man could not eat.

    And, yes, satan did work on Eve's weakness. He lied to her [ye shall not surely die – Gen 3:4]. Then he insinuated that God was withholding something from Eve.

    He does the same thing to us to this very day. Tries to get us to question God's Word and God's wonderful lovingkindness to us. Sad to say that, for the most part, satan is successful in his ministry.





    I've often wondered what would have happened if the children of Israel had responded differently -- if they had wanted to draw near to God rather than hide their faces from Him.

    In Ex 19:6, God told them ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests. God's desire was that all the Israelites would faithfully serve Him and go out to the nations to proclaim His wonderful majesty. The nation was to be established and be a beacon to all the nations of the world.

    In 1 Peter 2:9, we are told that we are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light. such an awesome privilege.





    Just as God clothed Adam and Eve in Gen 3:21, He clothes us in His righteousness, which is found only in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ – 1 Corinthians 1:30 but of Him are ye in Christ Jesus, Who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption.
    um yea Jesus offers to clothe us in righteousness no argument there, but do you suppose he does that against our cooperation? in other words, does He do all the work in removing our filthy rags of sin, and then dress us in gleaming white clothing without our cooperation in the matter? or does the Bible teach us many many things that are actually our responsability to do things such as " repent of sin" " forgive others when they sin against us" " Not only hear the word and deceive ourselves but actually do what it says?"


    would you say the bible teaches us that theres nothing we are supposed to do when we come to Christ? im all for glorifying Jesus for what He has done for all who will believe, im also all for gloryfying and Loving Him His way, rather than someone explaining 2000 years later that His words arent relevant. because i believe Jesus, i understand he doesnt force dress me against my will, but He is actually calling me to repentance of sin, and obedience to God. thats what Grace actually does and that is the grace that offers salvation. the grace that empowers us to repent of sin, and learn and follow Jesus Gospel to actually Live right in this world here and now, to actually accept and wear those garments of righteousness, you know those garments are the righteous acts of the saints i Hope? so then those garments of righteousness, are actually actions of righteousness.

    revelation 19:8

    we all no matter what weve been can come to Jesus and leave that life behind and go live with Him forever, all because of what He did and then freely offered us. what we dont get to do as christians no matter how we want to dissect it, is continue on living the same sinful lives we live that brought us to the cross to begin with. we can say i love Jesus a million times but at some point, this should be in our daily thoughts some of the last words before Jesus went to the cross for us.

    john 14:
    If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

    ...v 20
    At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him....v 23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

    24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me."



    those garments of righteousness come because we take His yoke upon us and learn from Him, as if He is the Lord. the good news isnt that now we dont have to obey God lol its that now, we can live even beyond the sentance of death, that adam brought to man. adam led mankind into sin, Jesus came to call us to repentance, His way saves because it leads to our repentance and salvation.

    Luke 5:32 "
    I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."


    the whole purpose of the gospel is to bring peolle into the obedience of Jesus Christ, you are right, God will do it, but what He does is make you able to do what you are supposed to do, its His power in you but it enables us to do the things we couldnt without Him. we still can choose Life, or death.


  7. #107
    Senior Member followjesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2016
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,613
    Rep Power
    78

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zmouth View Post
    Died once?
    Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. Rev 20:6
    eccl 12:7 " Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

    hebrews 9:27 " And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

    why is man appointed to die once?

    Genesis 3 : And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;,......v 19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."


    this applies to adam and all His seed. this is the curse Jesus came to take away for us, its why He died in our place, the reason it was necassary for Him to die, is because mankind was put under that curse by adam, and the will of satan who subjected us to temptation. if a person really asks the question " what sense does it make that Jesus had to die, in order to save us?" it becomes clearer. when you notice adam was made the ruler from the start over the earth and is the source of all mankind through His seed. so redemption comes through the Christ, born a man in order to save us from the raging fire we caused on earth ith our dominion.


    a man cursed us into death, so a man had to take that curse upon Himself and overcome sin and death in order to redeem the creation unto God. we fell by adam and are raised by Christ. we die once because of our blood from adam, the first creations ruler and we will live even still because of the blood of Jesus Christ the eternal Lord of Gods new and eternal creation that were promised after the destruction of this one because of adams dominion and rule corrupted by satans will. the earth is already condemned and will take part in the first death the curse of adam if they do not take part in Christ.

    2 peter 3 : .
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in allholy conversation and godliness, 12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."


    our hope is beyond this place and should be because it is all condemned to destruction.








  8. #108
    Senior Member Zmouth's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2012
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,468
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus View Post
    eccl 12:7 " Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

    hebrews 9:27 " And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

    why is man appointed to die once?

    Genesis 3 : And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;,......v 19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."


    this applies to adam and all His seed. this is the curse Jesus came to take away for us, its why He died in our place, the reason it was necassary for Him to die, is because mankind was put under that curse by adam, and the will of satan who subjected us to temptation. if a person really asks the question " what sense does it make that Jesus had to die, in order to save us?" it becomes clearer. when you notice adam was made the ruler from the start over the earth and is the source of all mankind through His seed. so redemption comes through the Christ, born a man in order to save us from the raging fire we caused on earth ith our dominion.


    a man cursed us into death, so a man had to take that curse upon Himself and overcome sin and death in order to redeem the creation unto God. we fell by adam and are raised by Christ. we die once because of our blood from adam, the first creations ruler and we will live even still because of the blood of Jesus Christ the eternal Lord of Gods new and eternal creation that were promised after the destruction of this one because of adams dominion and rule corrupted by satans will. the earth is already condemned and will take part in the first death the curse of adam if they do not take part in Christ.

    2 peter 3 : .
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.11Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in allholy conversation and godliness, 12Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness."


    our hope is beyond this place and should be because it is all condemned to destruction.







    For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Ps 119:89


  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,493
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus View Post
    um yea Jesus offers to clothe us in righteousness no argument there, but do you suppose he does that against our cooperation? in other words, does He do all the work in removing our filthy rags of sin, and then dress us in gleaming white clothing without our cooperation in the matter? or does the Bible teach us many many things that are actually our responsability to do things such as " repent of sin" " forgive others when they sin against us" " Not only hear the word and deceive ourselves but actually do what it says?"


    would you say the bible teaches us that theres nothing we are supposed to do when we come to Christ? im all for glorifying Jesus for what He has done for all who will believe, im also all for gloryfying and Loving Him His way, rather than someone explaining 2000 years later that His words arent relevant. because i believe Jesus, i understand he doesnt force dress me against my will, but He is actually calling me to repentance of sin, and obedience to God. thats what Grace actually does and that is the grace that offers salvation. the grace that empowers us to repent of sin, and learn and follow Jesus Gospel to actually Live right in this world here and now, to actually accept and wear those garments of righteousness, you know those garments are the righteous acts of the saints i Hope? so then those garments of righteousness, are actually actions of righteousness.

    revelation 19:8
    We are to walk worthy of our calling in Christ Jesus. Having said that, there is no work I (or you) could ever do which would change our filthy rags to the righteousness found only in Christ Jesus.

    Philippians 3:

    7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

    8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:





    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus
    we all no matter what weve been can come to Jesus and leave that life behind and go live with Him forever, all because of what He did and then freely offered us. what we dont get to do as christians no matter how we want to dissect it, is continue on living the same sinful lives we live that brought us to the cross to begin with. we can say i love Jesus a million times but at some point, this should be in our daily thoughts some of the last words before Jesus went to the cross for us.
    Please point out the post submitted by me wherein I stated the believer is to continue on living the same sinful life once he/she is born again. Thank you.




    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus
    john 14:If ye love me, keep my commandments.16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

    ...v 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him....v 23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

    24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me."
    In vs 26, Jesus said But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

    In other words, we have the Comforter, our ever-present Helper, to come to our aid in times of trial. We are never left alone to face our hardships. We surely would fail if not for that which God has infused within us when we were born again.

    Jude 1:24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.




    Quote Originally Posted by followjesus
    those garments of righteousness come because we take His yoke upon us and learn from Him, as if He is the Lord. the good news isnt that now we dont have to obey God lol its that now, we can live even beyond the sentance of death, that adam brought to man. adam led mankind into sin, Jesus came to call us to repentance, His way saves because it leads to our repentance and salvation.

    Luke 5:32 " I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."


    the whole purpose of the gospel is to bring peolle into the obedience of Jesus Christ, you are right, God will do it, but what He does is make you able to do what you are supposed to do, its His power in you but it enables us to do the things we couldnt without Him. we still can choose Life, or death.
    I love this verse in Galatians 2 --- I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

    We can live our lives according to the flesh (who we were in Adam) or we can live our lives according to the Spirit (who we are in Christ).

    If we live according to who we were in Adam, we will have the works of the flesh in evidence in our lives.

    If we live according to who we are in Christ, we will have the fruit of the Spirit in evidence in our lives.

    Galatians 5:

    16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

    17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

    18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

    23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

    24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

    25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

    26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.


  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2017
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Devin02 View Post
    In Genesis 2 when God is instructing Adam that he can't eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil he says if you eat from the tree "you shall surely die" (Verse 17). So how come they didn't die when they ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil as God said they would?
    no God was not lying it is impossi le for him to lie because the definition of truth is everything he says.
    Adam and eve did die. they lived in the garden of Eden. when they were banished from Eden that was them dying and they came to earth where the dead are.

  11. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,493
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by gdyloves View Post
    no God was not lying it is impossi le for him to lie because the definition of truth is everything he says.
    Adam and eve did die. they lived in the garden of Eden. when they were banished from Eden that was them dying and they came to earth where the dead are.
    Where was the garden of Eden if it was not on this earth?
    Magenta likes this.

  12. #112
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,858
    Rep Power
    95

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by reneweddaybyday View Post
    Where was the garden of Eden if it was not on this earth?
    Possibly Krypton or Kolob or some such planet. Just kidding. Looks like someone is confused about this.
    Magenta likes this.

  13. #113
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,170
    Rep Power
    488

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    Possibly Krypton or Kolob or some such planet. Just kidding. Looks like someone is confused about this.
    Mormonism. Ugh.
    Nehemiah6 likes this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  14. #114
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    20,170
    Rep Power
    488

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by gdyloves View Post
    no God was not lying it is impossi le for him to lie because the definition of truth is everything he says.
    Adam and eve did die. they lived in the garden of Eden. when they were banished from Eden that was them dying and they came to earth where the dead are.
    For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.

    If there was no death before Adam's sin, where did those dead people come from?

    Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death
    through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  15. #115
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,493
    Rep Power
    71

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    Possibly Krypton or Kolob or some such planet. Just kidding. Looks like someone is confused about this.
    Gen 4:16 tells us that the land of Nod was east of Eden.


    Genesis 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.


    Magenta likes this.

  16. #116
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    2,858
    Rep Power
    95

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by reneweddaybyday View Post
    Gen 4:16 tells us that the land of Nod was east of Eden.
    According to Genesis 2, the Garden of Eden was somewhere in south-central Iraq, possibly even near Baghdad. Which would mean that the land of Nod (east of Eden) would have been in Iran (or near the eastern border of Iraq with Iran).
    Magenta likes this.

  17. #117
    Junior Member jimd's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2017
    Age
    78
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.

    If there was no death before Adam's sin, where did those dead people come from?

    Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death
    through sin, so also death was passed on to all men, because all sinned.
    Since we seem to agree on the trees in the garden representing something else, I am interested in what you think the serpent saten represents?

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2017
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by reneweddaybyday View Post
    Where was the garden of Eden if it was not on this earth?
    Wait so you think the garden of Eden was here on earth?

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2017
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    Quote Originally Posted by reneweddaybyday View Post
    Where was the garden of Eden if it was not on this earth?
    so satan fell to earth from earth?

  20. #120
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    26,769
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    311

    Default Re: Did God tell a lie? (Genesis 2-3)

    No, God did not lie.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Genesis Gap (Genesis 1:1-2) - Teaching by brother Gregory Miller
    By ChosenbyHim in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 10th, 2014, 11:53 AM
  2. Genesis 1
    By LClark in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: January 6th, 2014, 10:46 PM
  3. Genesis 7 & 8
    By alahstad in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: December 21st, 2013, 05:57 AM
  4. Genesis 3D
    By Huckleberry in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 27th, 2013, 10:55 PM
  5. Genesis 1:3-5 & 14-15
    By Imperfect in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 24th, 2013, 02:59 PM