Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 208
Like Tree287Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

  1. #41
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    7,805
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    235

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    [QUOTE=star;3412125]


    Thanks Stones and yes I run to Jesus every day of my life. My help cometh from the Lord. I can do all things through Christ my Lord.

    My Comforter is the Holy Spirit - my shield and defender.
    This is a great blessing to walk by the Word. But, there are many realms of glory and there may come that day when you are stirred to go a little higher. To walk as Jesus walked. All the giftings and powers were in Him. We can obtain whatever amount we desire according to the call on our life. He desires to give us our desires.
    star likes this.
    Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.


    Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

  2. #42
    Senior Member star's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2017
    Age
    71
    Posts
    510
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    [QUOTE=stonesoffire;3412134]
    Quote Originally Posted by star View Post

    This is a great blessing to walk by the Word. But, there are many realms of glory and there may come that day when you are stirred to go a little higher. To walk as Jesus walked. All the giftings and powers were in Him. We can obtain whatever amount we desire according to the call on our life. He desires to give us our desires.


    I believe we can obtain new heights with the power of Jesus whenever we yield to Him. Yes, I believe that.
    "To err is human; to forgive divine."

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Praying in tongues is not praying in the Holy Spirit. You are making a false assertion about praying in tongues.

    Spiritual warfare is not waged by those who are not prepared for the hardships of confronting the enemy.

    Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

    We war against false religious leaders who teach a gospel that is not the gospel which leads to eternal life. We war against apostates and unsound doctrine taught by men who seek to enrich themselves at the expense of others.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    I have no opinion on the subject of speaking in tongues except for the one person who i encountered who practiced this.
    And to be honest, the person was lacking in Joy and gladness.
    Of course, i know better than to attribute their behavior to any other person.
    So i continued to talk with them and encourage as much as possible.

    Love, Joy, .........
    1 Thessalonians 5:16-18English Standard Version (ESV)

    16 Re,Joice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.



    1 Thessalonians 5:16-18Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

    16 Always be joyful. 17 Pray regularly. 18 In everything give thanks, for this is what God wants from you who are united with the Messiah Yeshua.
    Last edited by 7777pinacled; January 9th, 2018 at 12:55 PM.
    Ariel82 likes this.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    73
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post

    Tsk, tsk.
    that's a bit rude.

    trouble is God reaffirms that tongues is of the Holy Spirit
    every worship meeting.
    And much answered prayer is also a clue.
    No not rude, it's scripture, tongue simply mean language, when the Holly Spirit speaks through someone everyone that hears it hears it in his own tongue Acts.2:8, being able to speak more then one language is a gift, if I was to preach to you in french you would not understand I would need an interpreter, if I did not have a interpreter it would be barbaric 1Cor.14:11, when you read 1Cor.14 translate tongue to language how it should be and you will understand, God understand all languages and he does not speak in geberish. God bless
    Ariel82 likes this.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by celib View Post
    No not rude, it's scripture, tongue simply mean language, when the Holly Spirit speaks through someone everyone that hears it hears it in his own tongue Acts.2:8, being able to speak more then one language is a gift, if I was to preach to you in french you would not understand I would need an interpreter, if I did not have a interpreter it would be barbaric 1Cor.14:11, when you read 1Cor.14 translate tongue to language how it should be and you will understand, God understand all languages and he does not speak in geberish. God bless
    And where is your joy?

    If you are looking for a fight, i suggest rethinking your motives before someone makes an example of you.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,690
    Rep Power
    88

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    I never said I would/could fight the devil and his evil minions without the Holy Spirit. What I said was I did not believe I had to "speak in tongues" in order to have the HS. The HS is within me whether I speak in tongues or not.
    Yes, no one can withstand the devil under their own strength.
    That is unscriptural.
    The NT clearly and most definitely teaches us that speaking (praying) in
    tongues is the sign or evidence of being baptized in the Holy Spirit.
    Acts in particular gives examples of such to uphold this.
    You cannot deny Acts 10 nor Acts 19
    stonesoffire and kaylagrl like this.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Lucy-Pevensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by celib View Post
    No not rude, it's scripture, tongue simply mean language, when the Holly Spirit speaks through someone everyone that hears it hears it in his own tongue Acts.2:8, being able to speak more then one language is a gift, if I was to preach to you in french you would not understand I would need an interpreter, if I did not have a interpreter it would be barbaric 1Cor.14:11, when you read 1Cor.14 translate tongue to language how it should be and you will understand, God understand all languages and he does not speak in geberish. God bless
    I don't think you understand The Holy Spirit many times brings heavenly languages. Things of The Spirit don't always make sense in the physical world. You needn't feel compelled to speak in a tongue but you shouldn't try to stifle the gifts of The Spirit in others.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,690
    Rep Power
    88

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by celib View Post
    No not rude, it's scripture, tongue simply mean language, when the Holly Spirit speaks through someone everyone that hears it hears it in his own tongue Acts.2:8, being able to speak more then one language is a gift, if I was to preach to you in french you would not understand I would need an interpreter, if I did not have a interpreter it would be barbaric 1Cor.14:11, when you read 1Cor.14 translate tongue to language how it should be and you will understand, God understand all languages and he does not speak in geberish. God bless
    Such ignorance is unbecoming of a Christian.
    Acts 2 the day of Pentecost when the multitudes of thousands
    heard 120 people inside an upper room all speaking in tongues
    at the same time - "And how hear we every man in our own tongue,
    wherein we were born?" Acts 2:8

    How did a multitude of thousands hear 120 persons speaking in tongues
    all at the same time distinctly in their own languages (17 in all)?
    Because this was the first miracle of the gift of interpretation.

    tongues, interpretation, followed by prophecy through Peter
    1Corinthians 14 in action on the very first day.

    BTW 17 in Bible Numerics is about salvation.

  9. #49
    Senior Member star's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2017
    Age
    71
    Posts
    510
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    That is unscriptural.
    The NT clearly and most definitely teaches us that speaking (praying) in
    tongues is the sign or evidence of being baptized in the Holy Spirit.
    Acts in particular gives examples of such to uphold this.
    You cannot deny Acts 10 nor Acts 19


    Well, I do not see my position about "not speaking in tongues" as "unscriptural" nor do I deny anything in the scriptures. I do defend and uphold the fact that I have the HS within me which I was sealed with at the time of my salvation.

    You are saying that unless I speak (pray) in tongues then I do not have the HS? That would be unscriptual I think.
    Grandpa and Ariel82 like this.
    "To err is human; to forgive divine."

  10. #50
    Senior Member star's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2017
    Age
    71
    Posts
    510
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    I believe each one has been given at least one spiritual gift. I believe each one has been born with a gift (natural) and all can be used for the furtherance of God's work.
    Grandpa, Ariel82 and BillG like this.
    "To err is human; to forgive divine."

  11. #51
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,446
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    259

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Well, I do not see my position about "not speaking in tongues" as "unscriptural" nor do I deny anything in the scriptures. I do defend and uphold the fact that I have the HS within me which I was sealed with at the time of my salvation.

    You are saying that unless I speak (pray) in tongues then I do not have the HS? That would be unscriptual I think.
    That is what it seemed he was saying but maybe he just misspoke. There those who believe that if you don't speak tongues then you don't have the holy spirit but tongues is only one of the gifts of the holy spirit and they all are just as important as the next so if one would hold tongues above the rest and the only clear sign that the person has the holy spirit then they don't understand the gifts nor do they understand the holy spirit himself
    Grandpa, Ariel82 and star like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  12. #52
    Senior Member Lafftur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2017
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,112
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Hi Blain, great question! All I know is how I understand it and I will share, but you must check and verify with God and His Word over everything I say because I could be wrong.

    Only the Holy Spirit can reveal truth. Whatever the Holy Spirit gives you, hold on to it. The Word will confirm it.

    Like God, He created us as one person with 3 parts - spirit, soul and body.

    spirit - the part of us where the Holy Spirit dwells in us and with us - Emanuel - God with us on the Earth

    soul - our mind, will and emotions - our souls must be restored, this is a process that takes a lifetime.

    body - our Earth suit or vessel or house or Temple of the Holy Spirit

    Hope this helps!
    Blain, longtrekker and star like this.

  13. #53
    Senior Member BillG's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2017
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,623
    Rep Power
    331

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    I don't think you understand The Holy Spirit many times brings heavenly languages. Things of The Spirit don't always make sense in the physical world. You needn't feel compelled to speak in a tongue but you shouldn't try to stifle the gifts of The Spirit in others.
    I believe tongues are still for today.
    I do not have that gift, my wife has it.
    When I'm stuck in prayer and don't know how to pray or what to pray I just sit silently and say "God got no idea what to pray, so I will sit here, all I can offer up is I lift this person up to you"
    Grandpa, Ariel82, Blain and 4 others like this.
    Lord

    Help me to be the person my dog thinks I am.

  14. #54
    Senior Member star's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2017
    Age
    71
    Posts
    510
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    That is what it seemed he was saying but maybe he just misspoke. There those who believe that if you don't speak tongues then you don't have the holy spirit but tongues is only one of the gifts of the holy spirit and they all are just as important as the next so if one would hold tongues above the rest and the only clear sign that the person has the holy spirit then they don't understand the gifts nor do they understand the holy spirit himself

    Thanks Blain and perhaps I misunderstood what he was saying. Highly possible.

    To make myself as clear as I can about this whole speaking in tongues business.

    1. The bible declares it as a gift and I believe it.

    2. The bible declares many spiritual gifts and I believe it.

    However, I do not count my being filled with the Holy Spirit as any less because I do not have/exercise this particular gift.

    Hopefully, this will clarify any misconception about my beliefs.
    "To err is human; to forgive divine."

  15. #55
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,446
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    259

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafftur View Post
    Hi Blain, great question! All I know is how I understand it and I will share, but you must check and verify with God and His Word over everything I say because I could be wrong.

    Only the Holy Spirit can reveal truth. Whatever the Holy Spirit gives you, hold on to it. The Word will confirm it.

    Like God, He created us as one person with 3 parts - spirit, soul and body.

    spirit - the part of us where the Holy Spirit dwells in us and with us - Emanuel - God with us on the Earth

    soul - our mind, will and emotions - our souls must be restored, this is a process that takes a lifetime.

    body - our Earth suit or vessel or house or Temple of the Holy Spirit

    Hope this helps!
    That actually is very well explained and makes perfect sense
    Ariel82, Lafftur and star like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  16. #56
    Senior Member star's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2017
    Age
    71
    Posts
    510
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafftur View Post
    Hi Blain, great question! All I know is how I understand it and I will share, but you must check and verify with God and His Word over everything I say because I could be wrong.

    Only the Holy Spirit can reveal truth. Whatever the Holy Spirit gives you, hold on to it. The Word will confirm it.

    Like God, He created us as one person with 3 parts - spirit, soul and body.

    spirit - the part of us where the Holy Spirit dwells in us and with us - Emanuel - God with us on the Earth

    soul - our mind, will and emotions - our souls must be restored, this is a process that takes a lifetime.

    body - our Earth suit or vessel or house or Temple of the Holy Spirit

    Hope this helps!


    This is a wonderful description and thanks for sharing.
    Lafftur likes this.
    "To err is human; to forgive divine."

  17. #57
    Senior Member Rosemaryx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2017
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,070
    Rep Power
    205

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    I believe tongues are still for today.
    I do not have that gift, my wife has it.
    When I'm stuck in prayer and don't know how to pray or what to pray I just sit silently and say "God got no idea what to pray, so I will sit here, all I can offer up is I lift this person up to you"
    I love this Bill...I was wondering recently about praying...A few days ago I start of Dear heavenly Father, and became dumb, I could not think of anything to pray, it is happening quiet a bit and it alarms me...

    Your post has shown me that it is not just me, I wonder how common this is...xox...
    Grandpa, Ariel82 and BillG like this.
    PSALM 107:20 He sends His word and heals me and rescues me from the pit and destruction.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,446
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    259

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    I believe tongues are still for today.
    I do not have that gift, my wife has it.
    When I'm stuck in prayer and don't know how to pray or what to pray I just sit silently and say "God got no idea what to pray, so I will sit here, all I can offer up is I lift this person up to you"
    Sometimes when we don't have any words to speak that is when he hears our hearts the most
    Ariel82, BillG and star like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  19. #59
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    7,805
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    235

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    I believe tongues are still for today.
    I do not have that gift, my wife has it.
    When I'm stuck in prayer and don't know how to pray or what to pray I just sit silently and say "God got no idea what to pray, so I will sit here, all I can offer up is I lift this person up to you"

    It wasnt just tongues but prophecy too that the first church received initially. Prophecy is speaking from the spirit too but in the understanding. Just like interpretation of tongues. They are equal. Maybe the same thing?

    There are are many ways Holy Spirit uses one. And the thing is, we all know it didn't come from us. Simetimes we are instructing ourselves as well as the body.
    BillG likes this.
    Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.


    Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

  20. #60
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,690
    Rep Power
    88

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand
    against the wiles of the devil.
    18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
    and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
    Ephesians 6:

    19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual,
    having not the Spirit.
    20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith,
    praying in the Holy Ghost,
    21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy
    of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
    Jude 1:

    Praying in the Holy Spirit, that is praying in tongues, is the
    most powerful weapon that a Christian can employ to thwart
    the deceitfulness and fiery darts of the enemy.

    Do not confuse tongues as a daily prayer language (a sign)
    with the gift of diversities of tongues operated in a church
    meeting and to be followed by interpretation.
    The two are quite different and serve different purposes
    in the body of Christ.

    And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name
    shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
    Mark 16:17 [note the 17 again]

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Discussion of the spiritual realm
    By JayBlue in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: June 13th, 2017, 10:52 PM
  2. Hades - in the spiritual realm or the physical?
    By Locutus in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: May 21st, 2017, 12:21 AM
  3. Discussion about the spiritual realm and it's laws
    By Blain in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: May 13th, 2015, 05:47 PM
  4. Spiritual realm contact
    By Blue3Falcon in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: February 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
  5. Spiritual Warfare
    By FreedomFighter827 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 25th, 2011, 02:45 PM