Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 208
Like Tree285Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

  1. #1
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    So I have been studying about the things of the spirit and just wanted to kind of speak my piece about it.
    First I wanted to understand what exactly is a spirit? Some might say it's the soul but I don't really think that's true, I think the soul is more like the true us not the us that was formed or influenced by this world or by our own mistakes and falings but the us that God knew before time began what we really look like and what we really sound like.
    Maybe I am weird but Whenever I look at myself I feel like I am not really seeing me, like this fleshly body is just a shell and isn't at all what I really look like or sound like, I feel like my soul- the true me is completely different.
    A spirit however seems to be spoken of several times in scripture as beings possibly demons but also notice how it is also spoken of as a state of being like the spirit of truth or say a spirit of virtue. I think that a spirit is something that can in fact be altered as one can transform from a spirit of anger to the spirit of love.

    But apart from knowing and understanding what a spirit is which I still have much to understand in this matter what about spiritual warfare and for that matter what about the spiritual realm itself? What makes a person more prone to have top deal with spiritual warfare than someone else? Why do some excel in it while others struggle and are almost overwhelmed by it?
    I have not yet found an answer as to why some are more prone to deal with it than others, it could simply be how some are more prone to receive dreams and visions or perhaps my other theory which is about doors.
    I have met some Christians who are fascinated with the things of the spiritual but do not understand the things of the spiritual and I have had to warn them to have caution because the things of the spiritual are not all candy and rainbows there are doors that you do not want to open and if you do open them you may not be able to close them.

    We open doors all the time we just don't realize it, when we are soaking in the scriptures we are opening all kinds of doors, doors of clarity, of peace, of love, of his spirit and his heart in general. When we pray we are open the door to him and letting him into our home, when we praise him and sing in the midst of despair we are opening a door of power and strength of life and hope in a seemingly lifeless and hopeless situation. But in the same manner there are Christians who unwittingly open doors for attacks because sometimes people can get more into the things of the spiritual than the things of God himself and the enemy loves to prey on such people. This of course is not to say that is the reason certain people deal with spiritual warfare but is a factor for some. There is also the fact that God has created in his body spiritual warriors, There is no rhyme or reason for his selection of such people at least for us because lets be honest understanding his reason for things is not exactly simple.
    For instance I know better than to open doors for attacks yet I am by no means a stranger to spiritual warfare I have been attacked by demons more times than I can count, I don't really question why I just sort of roll with the punches. Yet in every encounter or attack I was never harmed and yes there were times when I really had to fight to overcome but in him I was able to. Which leads my to question from earlier why some can simply excel in these warfares and others just barely make it through. I noticed that some will go through these battles and come out stronger than before they went in while others are crippled and fearful and eventually become desperate for help.

    My theory is that it all has to do with the relationship one has with God. I am by no means strong or special in any way but in every attack he and I have not just been victorious but we have always grown from them. I think the reason for that is the intimacy he and I share when I am in an attack I instinctively know what to do and how to overcome the situation and sometimes it's much harder than normal like that time when I was on my bed and suddenly a shadow figure rushed over to me cussing and yelling at me and I couldn't move and my tongue was tied.
    In this instance I instinctively knew I had to call out to Jesus but clearly the demon didn't want me to do that but upon my tongue finally being able to say his name the demon vanished.

    But another thing is that I never rely on my own strength and I think that is key, because when you try to fight with your own strength the cost is very steep you can come out of that battle far worse off than you were before and it might take a very long time to recover from it. I know that the things of the spiritual is not really a topic that the logical believer dives into much but in my studies I have seen that for every major event that happened n the bible whether that is the nt or ot there was a spiritual happening going on behind the veil that affected the physical realm, And so I think it is important for us understand how the spiritual works with the natural
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  2. #2
    Senior Member Marcelo's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2016
    Age
    66
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    First I wanted to understand what exactly is a spirit?
    I think that the soul is you (the invisible part of yourself as an individual) and spirit is something that is in you.
    OneFaith, Waggles and star like this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    That is why the NT is all about the infilling of the Holy Spirit
    and the power and work of the Holy Spirit within us.
    Another reason to uphold the necessity of praying daily in
    tongues - praying in the Holy Spirit - to overcome the spiritual
    power of the enemy.

  4. #4
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    10,321
    Rep Power
    152

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    That is why the NT is all about the infilling of the Holy Spirit
    and the power and work of the Holy Spirit within us.
    Another reason to uphold the necessity of praying daily in
    tongues - praying in the Holy Spirit - to overcome the spiritual
    power of the enemy.
    Praying in tongues is not praying in the Holy Spirit. You are making a false assertion about praying in tongues.

    Spiritual warfare is not waged by those who are not prepared for the hardships of confronting the enemy.

    Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

    We war against false religious leaders who teach a gospel that is not the gospel which leads to eternal life. We war against apostates and unsound doctrine taught by men who seek to enrich themselves at the expense of others.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lucy-Pevensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Why are so many Christians hostile about speaking in tongues?
    It's a gift from The Holy Spirit and it's Biblical.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    Why are so many Christians hostile about speaking in tongues?
    It's a gift from The Holy Spirit and it's Biblical.
    Because most Christians don't and can't pray in tongues.
    And rather than examine themselves against the word of God and
    desire to return to the same standards of doctrine and practice of the
    original Apostolic first century church they spend all their time
    denying the scriptures and Pentecostalism.

    Mind you though I think that there are problems with Pentecostal
    and in particular Charismatic churches which have deteriorated in
    discipline and orderliness from the teachings of the apostles.

    There is still a remnant that worships by the Book and does all things
    decently and in order:
    baptism in water and the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of
    speaking in tongues - a sign for believers as Jesus described;

    In the Church at worship meetings the operation of the 3 voice
    gifts of the Holy Spirit:
    diversities of tongues,
    followed by interpretation,
    prophecy
    all in accordance with 1Corinthians 14:

    There is a good reason why in the Church the gift is
    described as diversities of tongues and not just tongues.
    But if one is not a true practising Pentecostal then they do not
    understand, nor is it possible to explain.

    Last edited by Waggles; 1 Week Ago at 07:36 PM.
    stillness and Deade like this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,050
    Rep Power
    171

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    So I have been studying about the things of the spirit and just wanted to kind of speak my piece about it.
    What about a Biblical perspective since you've been studying? Not even one Scripture in your diatribe bro. That's where you need to start, not with your thoughts, with God's.
    Angela53510 and Lafftur like this.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

  8. #8
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,564
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Praying in tongues is not praying in the Holy Spirit. You are making a false assertion about praying in tongues.

    Spiritual warfare is not waged by those who are not prepared for the hardships of confronting the enemy.

    Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

    We war against false religious leaders who teach a gospel that is not the gospel which leads to eternal life. We war against apostates and unsound doctrine taught by men who seek to enrich themselves at the expense of others.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger

    1Co 14:4 Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.

    Originally Posted by notuptome
    What possible reason would one have to speak in an unknown tongue to God?
    Roger

    *

    1 Corinthians 14: 5 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues.
    1 Corinthians 14: 39 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.

    Originally Posted by notuptome :
    Paul was not encouraging tongues
    Roger


    *

    Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

    John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My Name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son

    Originally Posted by notuptome :
    Have you been seduced by the false premise of miracles and wonders?
    Roger

    *

    1 Corinthian 14:39 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.

    Originally Posted by notuptome :
    The three sign gifts (including tongues) have ended… those who do them have a demon
    Roger

    *

    1 Cor 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself

    Originally Posted by notuptome :
    To edify oneself does seem to be an inconsistent use of the term edify from a Biblical perspective

    Roger

    *

    Hey everybody, best we listen to Roger. He's obviously got a good handle on this.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  9. #9
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Praying in tongues is not praying in the Holy Spirit. You are making a false assertion about praying in tongues.
    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    My Bible teaches me the difference between praying in my
    understanding with my mind, and in praying in tongues which
    is of the Holy Spirit.
    If you do not believe the scriptures then you are the one with another gospel.

    Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God
    calls Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord,
    but by the Holy Ghost.
    1Corinthians 12:3
    The scriptures testify that a believer, a disciple, cannot call Jesus Lord
    without the indwelling Holy Spirit.

    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
    Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
    Romans 8:9

    2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?
    And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
    6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them;
    and they spoke with tongues, and prophesied.
    Acts 19:

    And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name they shall cast out devils.
    They shall speak with new tongues.
    Mark 16:17

    If you have a problem with the truth of the scriptures then take this
    up with Jesus directly.
    I did. And Jesus confirmed his gospel to me by filling me with the
    Holy Spirit and I spoke in tongues like they all did in the NT.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Ellsworth1943's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 8th, 2017
    Age
    74
    Posts
    395
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    That is why the NT is all about the infilling of the Holy Spirit
    and the power and work of the Holy Spirit within us.
    Another reason to uphold the necessity of praying daily in
    tongues - praying in the Holy Spirit - to overcome the spiritual
    power of the enemy.
    My God understands my English just fine.
    As a matter of fact, He knows my heart and I do not have to say a word to be heard by Him.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    Why are so many Christians hostile about speaking in tongues?
    It's a gift from The Holy Spirit and it's Biblical.
    I do not have the gift of tongues but I fully believe in it, many do not because they either have not experienced it or have never seen it or some have tossed it aside from experiencing to many false tongues
    Grandpa likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  12. #12
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    What about a Biblical perspective since you've been studying? Not even one Scripture in your diatribe bro. That's where you need to start, not with your thoughts, with God's.
    What scriptures exactly should I post? I am not trying to prove anything I am simply posting what I think I am understanding from my studies, it's more like my way of talking out loud I suppose I just had to write what on my heart.

    For instance if I wanted to I could google any and all scripture that had to do with spirits and spiritual warfare but merely posting scripture doesn't do any good if the context of the subject at hand is neglected. and sometimes I can only truly learn and understand the things of God by writing out my thoughts on the subject and I have also more than one seen him use my thoughts written down to help others who read it.
    star and Lucy-Pevensie like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  13. #13
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,050
    Rep Power
    171

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    What scriptures exactly should I post? I am not trying to prove anything I am simply posting what I think I am understanding from my studies, it's more like my way of talking out loud I suppose I just had to write what on my heart.

    For instance if I wanted to I could google any and all scripture that had to do with spirits and spiritual warfare but merely posting scripture doesn't do any good if the context of the subject at hand is neglected. and sometimes I can only truly learn and understand the things of God by writing out my thoughts on the subject and I have also more than one seen him use my thoughts written down to help others who read it.
    You're the one who said you studied, right? What Scriptures, and where? What Scripturally based conclusions have you offered my man?

    For the record all you have are "your thoughts" on the matter, by your own words. Your thoughts are not Scripture, and your thoughts are not any spiritual authority whatsoever. God's Word is, and this is what you finally need to learn. Don't tell me you already know this because you do not, I say this in concern and because it is true.

    If you did know this things would be different, and you'd be teaching God's Word, not your subjective thoughts.

    Still wondering where you've actually studied. Meditating on your thoughts is not study -- it's studying YOU not GOD. You're conflating and confusing the two, no matter how sincerely you believe the opposite brother.

    You're a bright young man, you need to get under some sound biblical teaching, you're wasting your time and are on the wrong track in that sense. I care about you young man, please listen.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    I thought it was pretty obvious what Blain is about

    12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
    against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against
    spiritual wickedness in high places.
    16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench
    all the fiery darts of the wicked.
    Ephesians 6:

    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion,
    walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
    1Peter 5:8

    Thank God for the Holy Spirit. Now we have a level playing field.
    pottersclay and star like this.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    You're the one who said you studied, right? What Scriptures, and where? What Scripturally based conclusions have you offered my man?

    For the record all you have are "your thoughts" on the matter, by your own words. Your thoughts are not Scripture, and your thoughts are not any spiritual authority whatsoever. God's Word is, and this is what you finally need to learn. Don't tell me you already know this because you do not, I say this in concern and because it is true.

    If you did know this things would be different, and you'd be teaching God's Word, not your subjective thoughts.

    Still wondering where you've actually studied. Meditating on your thoughts is not study -- it's studying YOU not GOD. You're conflating and confusing the two, no matter how sincerely you believe the opposite brother.

    You're a bright young man, you need to get under some sound biblical teaching, you're wasting your time and are on the wrong track in that sense. I care about you young man, please listen.
    You know it is called the bible discussion forum for a reason, there is nothing wrong with me posting my thoughts on subject for an open discussion. I have only just started my studies but I began with the most well known and that was Job. This is a perfect example of how I said things were going on in the spiritual but affected the natural, Job's infections and wounds appeared as normal diseases that one would get but to them in those days it meant you have sinned greatly yet he didn't just believe he had not sinned he knew it even against all his friends and families hounding him.

    He didn't open a door to deserve these spiritual attacks but God allowed it and he came out of it stronger than ever why? Because his bond with God was that strong it wasn't merely because he himself had great faith it was the strength of the bond between him and God that gave him the iron faith to overcome and stand his ground.

    And then I wanted to check out any references in the nt about spiritual warfare and about spirits and in fact in the nt this seems to be where they are both spoken about the most. The demonic spirits that Jesus cast into the pigs and when it says Jesus gave up his spirit for instance, Jesus didn't give up his soul he gave up his spirit so this made me wonder about the difference between a soul and a spirit and why a spirit needs to have a vessel of some kind because the evil spirits would have rathered to go into the pigs than be cast back into hell and apparently they needed a vessel of some kind.

    This is just where I started and I have a lot more to go but I am not here to satisfy your view on how I should speak or post while I want to be respectful I also do not work like you do I don't use the scriptures willy nilly and don't like to use it to prove a point unless God leads me to
    stillness, star and Lucy-Pevensie like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  16. #16
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggles View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious what Blain is about

    12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
    against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against
    spiritual wickedness in high places.
    16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench
    all the fiery darts of the wicked.
    Ephesians 6:

    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion,
    walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
    1Peter 5:8

    Thank God for the Holy Spirit. Now we have a level playing field.
    I am a mystery unto myself if you know what i am about then you know better than I do, I only speak what placed on my heart to speak and granted sometimes I can mistake my own voice with god's but all i know is that this is the only way he and I know to be
    stillness likes this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    Why are so many Christians hostile about speaking in tongues?
    It's a gift from The Holy Spirit and it's Biblical.
    "Out of the mouth of babes You have ordained praise,"
    Jesus had stopped in the middle of a sentence (not the first time), He did not seem to see a need to explain, or was it at least until we are searching. His quote from the old testament, "Out of the mouths of babes you have ordained strength to still the enemy and avenger." No difference between the word praise and strength, "The joy of the Lord is our strength." This paralyses the enemy. We enter His presence with thanksgiving.
    Favorite verse, "Rejoice evermore, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." Praying in tongues helps to get past our understanding, we don't become one Spirit with God in our understanding. "Lean not on your own understanding but trust in the Lord." Praying in tongues builds up our faith past what we thing we know in understanding. Many have trouble with tongues because it gets past our understanding and involves letting go of what we think we know. "If any man thinks he Knows he does not know as he should." Thinking we know we stop learning, like a teenager, some of us recover. "I will enter His gates with thanksgiving In my heart."
    Journey to enter into rest in God,
    A work in progress you can read here in Poems and poetry.

  18. #18
    Senior Member breno785au's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    4,959
    Rep Power
    93

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Praying in tongues is not praying in the Holy Spirit. You are making a false assertion about praying in tongues.

    Spiritual warfare is not waged by those who are not prepared for the hardships of confronting the enemy.

    Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

    We war against false religious leaders who teach a gospel that is not the gospel which leads to eternal life. We war against apostates and unsound doctrine taught by men who seek to enrich themselves at the expense of others.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    I'm genuinely confused.. You quoted a verse and in the next paragraph changed it... Or something.

    The verse says our war is spiritual but then you say our war is against certain people? Am I missing something?
    Earth awaken, all creation, open up your eyes again, alive again, for Christ has torn the veil of darkness away!
    Easter - Theocracy

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    541
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Blain you must be a godly person: all that live godly shall suffer persecution. To be honest I knew just reading your first post by the childlike "Simplicity of Christ" in you. Continue in the wisdom you have, It's not about what we understand as mentioned. This morning woke up late heard in my heart: Let your spirit rest." Like the verse, "Let not your heart be troubled," don't be vulnerable to the praise or insults of men. As we learn of the Lord in humility, tamed by Him as friends, we have rest for our souls. Living being or living soul: same, means we are carried by the Holy Spirit to the resurrection, we are still on the Way. "Let no one turn you away from the simplicity of Christ." "God speed."
    Journey to enter into rest in God,
    A work in progress you can read here in Poems and poetry.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,871
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    209

    Default Re: Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

    Quote Originally Posted by stillness View Post
    Blain you must be a godly person: all that live godly shall suffer persecution. To be honest I knew just reading your first post by the childlike "Simplicity of Christ" in you. Continue in the wisdom you have, It's not about what we understand as mentioned. This morning woke up late heard in my heart: Let your spirit rest." Like the verse, "Let not your heart be troubled," don't be vulnerable to the praise or insults of men. As we learn of the Lord in humility, tamed by Him as friends, we have rest for our souls. Living being or living soul: same, means we are carried by the Holy Spirit to the resurrection, we are still on the Way. "Let no one turn you away from the simplicity of Christ." "God speed."
    I cannot really say I am a Godly person but I can certainly say that childlike simplicity you saw is definitely true. But sometimes one can only understand the things of god through the eyes of a child.
    stillness and Lafftur like this.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Discussion of the spiritual realm
    By JayBlue in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: June 13th, 2017, 11:52 PM
  2. Hades - in the spiritual realm or the physical?
    By Locutus in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: May 21st, 2017, 01:21 AM
  3. Discussion about the spiritual realm and it's laws
    By Blain in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: May 13th, 2015, 06:47 PM
  4. Spiritual realm contact
    By Blue3Falcon in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: February 15th, 2012, 06:04 PM
  5. Spiritual Warfare
    By FreedomFighter827 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM