Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 106
Like Tree160Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

  1. #21
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,946
    Rep Power
    245

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Dogmatic OP requesting no one else be dogmatic. Uh-huh.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

    A god who can be fashioned by our own thoughts is no more a god than an image produced by our own hands. - Charles Spurgeon


  2. #22
    Senior Member Lucy-Pevensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by HisMinister7 View Post
    "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:26-28)

    This scripture is often inaccurately quoted or taken out of context. It applies ONLY when people:
    1.) Pray in the Spirit (Pray in Tongues)
    2.) Love God
    3.) Are called according to HIS purpose
    In the last 48 hours I've been involved in two threads regarding the gift of tongues. There was no real discussion on it. I gave up after being told repeatedly (despite posting scriptures) that tongues were not biblical, all I do is "babble" and I'm probably speaking by an evil spirit rather than The Holy Spirit. Any attempted conversation on that subject will likely deteriorate into argument.
    Ezekiel 36
    *Then they will know that I am the Lord*




  3. #23
    HisMinister7
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    It's talking about giving (sowing). When we use what God has blessed us with to bless others, He gives us more. But when we're stingy, we loose even what we seemed to have. "Proverbs 11:24

    "There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth;
    and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty." (Proverbs 11:24)

  4. #24
    HisMinister7
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    "But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues." (1 Corinthians 14:38-39)

  5. #25
    Senior Member Lucy-Pevensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by nddreamer View Post
    "Matt. 13:12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath."
    What does this verse mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by HisMinister7 View Post
    It's talking about giving (sowing). When we use what God has blessed us with to bless others, He gives us more. But when we're stingy, we loose even what we seemed to have. "Proverbs 11:24

    "There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth;
    and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty." (Proverbs 11:24)
    That's a good verse to talk about.
    posthuman likes this.
    Ezekiel 36
    *Then they will know that I am the Lord*




  6. #26
    HisMinister7
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    If sarcasm and hatred makes you feel better ... go for it!!!

    I've learned that you never make yourself bigger ... by making someone else smaller.

  7. #27
    HisMinister7
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Yes ... it's saying when you "sow" (scatter) the result will be "increase". But when we withhold (fail to sow), "poverty" is the result.
    Goes right along with Galatians 6:7-10.

    "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."

  8. #28
    HisMinister7
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by preacher4truth View Post
    Dogmatic OP requesting no one else be dogmatic. Uh-huh.
    If being sarcastic makes you feel big...go for it!

    I've found that making someone else smaller NEVER makes you bigger!

  9. #29
    HisMinister7
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    That's a good verse to talk about.
    Yes ... it's saying when you "sow" (scatter) the result will be "increase". But when we withhold (fail to sow), "poverty" is the result.
    Goes right along with Galatians 6:7-10.

    "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."
    1ofthem likes this.

  10. #30
    HisMinister7
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    In the last 48 hours I've been involved in two threads regarding the gift of tongues. There was no real discussion on it. I gave up after being told repeatedly (despite posting scriptures) that tongues were not biblical, all I do is "babble" and I'm probably speaking by an evil spirit rather than The Holy Spirit. Any attempted conversation on that subject will likely deteriorate into argument.
    "But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant. Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues." (1 Corinthians 14:38-39)
    RickyZ likes this.

  11. #31
    heartofdavid
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    In the last 48 hours I've been involved in two threads regarding the gift of tongues. There was no real discussion on it. I gave up after being told repeatedly (despite posting scriptures) that tongues were not biblical, all I do is "babble" and I'm probably speaking by an evil spirit rather than The Holy Spirit. Any attempted conversation on that subject will likely deteriorate into argument.
    Well,forgive them. They know not what they do.....i assume

  12. #32
    HisMinister7
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    No disrespect here, but if your car broke down on the street, and some dude came up to you, told you he was a certified mechanic, and would fix it right then and there for a set price, would you let him under the hood?

    I'm think it depends on how desperate I am.

    But no one is desperate on this site. Sure, you say your a pastor, but seriously? You think we should take you at your word and ask you anything, simply because you say so?

    Wouldn't it be more reasonable to just go along -- enter into threads, talk to people, share -- that to come in, demand what you expect, and then wait for someone to come to you?
    I've found in my 40+ years in the Ministry that there are many desperate people EVERYWHERE! Sorry that you didn't know that. For many years, I had both a ministry 24 hour "help-line" and ministry web page for the purpose of helping people.

    Apparently you saw something in my original post that nobody else saw. (Because it wasn't there.) I demanded NOTHING! I only opened a thread for people to ask questions, discuss scriptures, and be referred to specific scriptures that might help them. I believe there are others who will be constructive in their comments ... and thereby be a blessing to others.

    I requested that people walk in LOVE, with no sarcasm, dogma, or hatred. If that doesn't work for you .., please feel free to "shop elsewhere".

  13. #33
    Ellsworth1943
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    OK, so I will ask a question--------
    1 Thess. 5:3
    Who are "they" and when will this take place?

  14. #34
    HisMinister7
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    Well, I guess all the poor slobs who don't pray in tongues are in for a rough life.......... Maybe Jesus' life would have been smoother if only He had prayed in tongues.

    You did a pretty good job of getting way out of context, yourself, with the addition of that to the verse you chose.
    "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself (Himself) maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:26-28)

    This section of scripture is speaking specifically about PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT (praying in tongues). It addresses the prerequisites for verse 28 to be fulfilled:

    1.) PRAY IN THE SPIRIT (pray in TONGUES)
    2.) LOVE GOD
    3.) Be called according to God's purpose (that is, doing everything you know to do to obey God directions)

    THEN, and only then, do we know that all things will work together for our good.

  15. #35
    Ellsworth1943
    Guest

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by HisMinister7 View Post
    "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself (Himself) maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:26-28)

    This section of scripture is speaking specifically about PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT (praying in tongues). It addresses the prerequisites for verse 28 to be fulfilled:

    1.) PRAY IN THE SPIRIT (pray in TONGUES)
    2.) LOVE GOD
    3.) Be called according to God's purpose (that is, doing everything you know to do to obey God directions)

    THEN, and only then, do we know that all things will work together for our good.
    So are you saying I an less a Christian or am lacking in knowlwdge since I do not pray in tongues?

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2015
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,522
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    224

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by HisMinister7 View Post
    "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself (Himself) maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:26-28)

    This section of scripture is speaking specifically about PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT (praying in tongues). It addresses the prerequisites for verse 28 to be fulfilled:

    1.) PRAY IN THE SPIRIT (pray in TONGUES)
    2.) LOVE GOD
    3.) Be called according to God's purpose (that is, doing everything you know to do to obey God directions)

    THEN, and only then, do we know that all things will work together for our good.
    Praying in the spirit does not have to be done in tongues...this would mean that those who have not received the gift of tongues can assume that God will not work all to the good of their soul? Its preposterous...do all speak in tongues?

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2015
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,522
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    224

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    It doesn't make any sense...
    Ariel82 and Depleted like this.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    4,764
    Rep Power
    165

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by HisMinister7 View Post
    This section of scripture is speaking specifically about PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT (praying in tongues)
    It is NOT about praying in tongues and here's the reason why: "...groanings which cannot be uttered...". Tongues by definition are utterances, but these are communications which cannot (and are not) being uttered. They are communications from God the Holy Spirit to God the Father, but they are certainly NOT tongues, because they are applicable to ALL Christians. Since all Christians will not -- and do not -- speak in tongues, we should not introduce spiritual confusion where none exists.

    This is speaking about situations where Christians are totally unable to express their distress or longings in words but the indwelling Holy Spirit knows exactly what is in the soul and spirit, and communicates those feelings to God the Father.
    Last edited by Nehemiah6; January 13th, 2018 at 09:19 PM.

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2015
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,522
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    224

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    And what do you mean when you say there are prerequisites for God to work all things for good for those who love and are called by Him? And one of those prerequisites is to speak in tongues, even though not all speak in tongues?? It is nonsensical, sir.
    Willie-T and Depleted like this.

  20. #40
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,946
    Rep Power
    245

    Default Re: "Spirit-Filled" Minister of the "Word of God"

    Quote Originally Posted by HisMinister7 View Post
    If being sarcastic makes you feel big...go for it!

    I've found that making someone else smaller NEVER makes you bigger!
    Sarcastic? Not at all. I've made no one smaller by simply pointing out your mandate, your OP did that so that's on you. You'll be dogmatic, none else are allowed to be, that's lording over others. You've also slammed everyone with false charges who don't speak in tongues. We all see who is making others small here.
    Angela53510 and plainguy like this.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

    A god who can be fashioned by our own thoughts is no more a god than an image produced by our own hands. - Charles Spurgeon


Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 190
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2018, 09:53 AM
  2. "Spirit-Filled" Minister of God's Word
    By HisMinister7 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 13th, 2018, 04:24 PM
  3. "Spirit-Filled" Minister of "God's Word"...
    By HisMinister7 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 13th, 2018, 02:37 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 7th, 2015, 09:17 AM
  5. Are you "Saved" and filled with the "Holy Ghost/Spirit"?
    By Eccl12and13 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: November 25th, 2012, 09:46 AM

Tags for this Thread