Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 122
Like Tree76Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Is Jesus's return imminent?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2017
    Age
    69
    Posts
    247
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Is Jesus's return imminent?

    What has to happen before Jesus's return is imminent?
    Deade likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Dan58's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2013
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,731
    Rep Power
    46

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    The anti-Christ... Tribulation

    I'm pretty sure he'll return in Sept, but I haven't figured out what year yet

    I believe we are living in the time of the 5th Seal,
    MarcR and Deade like this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by ComeLordJesus View Post
    What has to happen before Jesus's return is imminent?
    Here is a list of signs from Jesus::

    (Matthew 24:4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. {5} For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. {6} And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. {7} For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. {8} All these are the beginning of sorrows. {9} Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. {10} And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. {11} And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. {12} And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. {13} But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. {14} And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. {15} When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand {16} Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: {17} Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: {18} Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. {19} And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! {20} But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: {21} For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. {22} And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened. {23} Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. {24} For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. {25} Behold, I have told you before. {26} Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. {27} For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. {28} For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. {29} ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: {30} And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. {31} And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

  4. #4
    Senior Member Deade's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2017
    Age
    71
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan58 View Post
    The anti-Christ... Tribulation

    I'm pretty sure he'll return in Sept, but I haven't figured out what year yet

    I believe we are living in the time of the 5th Seal,
    Someone has been studying the Feast of Trumpets. Keep digging.

    JES_SAV.gif
    Lucy-Pevensie likes this.
    Romans 8:28: “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
    to them who are the called according to his purpose.”

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ahwatukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2015
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,382
    Blog Entries
    32
    Rep Power
    130

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    Here is a list of signs from Jesus::

    (Matthew 24:4 "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. {5} For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. {6} And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. {7} For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. {8} All these are the beginning of sorrows. {9} Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. {10} And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. {11} And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. {12} And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. {13} But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. {14} And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. {15} When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand {16} Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: {17} Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: {18} Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. {19} And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! {20} But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: {21} For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. {22} And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened. {23} Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. {24} For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. {25} Behold, I have told you before. {26} Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. {27} For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. {28} For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. {29} ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: {30} And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. {31} And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."
    Hello Adstar,

    This is where it is important to understand that there is a difference between the event of the gathering of the church vs. the Lord's return to the earth to end the age. When the gathering of the church is interpreted as taking place at the same time as when the Lord returns to the earth to end the age, it distorts the order of end-time events.

    Everything that you have listed above is in reference to the events leading up to the Lord's return to the earth, as well as the actual event itself. To be clear, the gathering of the church is not mentioned in the context above.

    Within all that is written above, you can also include the events of the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments listed in Revelation, as they will be taking place during that same time period. Jesus' mention of the "abomination" being set up in the holy place, according to Dan.9:24-27 which is what Jesus is quoting from, marks the middle of the seven years decreed upon Israel. Therefore, Matthew 24:15 marks the middle of the seven, where Matt.24:29-31 marks the end of the seven years.

    Also regarding the information in Matt.24:4 thru 31, this is when the wrath of God will be taking place. Regarding this, scripture states that believers within the church are not appointed to suffer God's coming wrath (1 Thes.1:10), that Jesus rescues us from the coming wratth (1 Thes.5:9) and we have the Lord's promise to keep us out of that time of wrath (Rev.3:10).

    Therefore, the church cannot and will not enter God's time of wrath, better known as "the Day of the Lord," which is the time period you have listed above, as we must be gathered before it begins.

    Matthew 24:29-31, Rev.19:11-15 = The Lord's return to the earth to end the age and establish his millennial kingdom

    1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 Cor.15:51-53, Rev.4:1-2 = The event of the gathering of the church


    Gathering of the church = Is and will always be imminent until the moment it takes place

    Second Coming = Has many signs which must take place prior to the Lord's return to the earth.

    I pray that the Lord will open your's and others eyes regarding this truth
    MarcR likes this.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control ...

    I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit ...

    This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit ....

  6. #6
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    50

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    I believe that the Day of the Lord is very imminent.
    The election of Donald Trump is historically significant.
    Also the rise of Putin and the president of China.
    The current Pope Francis and his left-wing ecumenical outreach
    to other faiths and religions.
    Benjamin Netanyahu and Likud in Israel.
    Syria and Damascus will burn to ruins as foretold.

    Then there is spiritual wickedness and unGodliness in a very
    dark world. Spiritual Israel has fallen and is apostate.
    Meanwhile Holy Spirit revival is bursting forth throughout the
    Third World, Asia, South America, India, Middle East and so on.
    Time is short Jesus is building his church despite Satan.

    The stage is set, the actors are in place.

    And now the fuse is lit -
    "My administration will recognized Jerusalem as the capital of
    Israel, and I will move our embassy to Jerusalem."
    It is only a matter of how long that fuse is.

    But 2017 cleared off all the significant Year of Jubilee
    anniversaries for celebration; now leaving 2018 to be the year
    of countdown to Armageddon.
    Dan58, MarcR and Deade like this.
    for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
    1Corinthians 9:16

  7. #7


    jb
    jb is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2010
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,637
    Blog Entries
    32
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by ComeLordJesus View Post
    What has to happen before Jesus's return is imminent?
    Did a blog on this and you can find it Here

  8. #8


    jb
    jb is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2010
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,637
    Blog Entries
    32
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahwatukee View Post
    Hello Adstar,

    This is where it is important to understand that there is a difference between the event of the gathering of the church vs. the Lord's return to the earth to end the age...
    Not so as 2Thess 2v1-12 makes VERY clear!

    "Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our assembling to meet him, we beg you, brethren, not to be quickly shaken in mind or excited, either by spirit or by word, or by letter purporting to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition..."

    Paul links "the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our assembling to meet him" together and says that they occur on "that day", that is the same Day (immediately after the Great Tribultation)! The same Day when He also comes to destroy the wicked and set up the Millennium kingdom. Matt 24v15-31, 1Cor 15v50-56, 2Thess 2v1-12, Rev 11v15-19, Rev 19 (all) with Psalm 2.
    tanakh, Adstar and Deade like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member MatthewG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Jesus Christ is with you right now, if you believe in Him...

    Why wait for Him to return, when you can understand He is right there with you right now to talk to?

    He loves to listen to you, and so does His father.

    1 Peter 5:7: Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

    Philippians 4: 4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice;5 let your forbearance be known to all men; the Lord [is] near;
    6 for nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer, and by supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God;7 and the peace of God, that is surpassing all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.

    Doesn't make any sense to me, to wait for Him to return when you can just talk to Him right now today

    God bless.
    tanakh and Sunlight77 like this.
    1 Peter 5 : 7 Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

    Phil 4: 6 for nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer, and by supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God; 7 and the peace of God, that is surpassing all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Ahwatukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2015
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,382
    Blog Entries
    32
    Rep Power
    130

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Jesus Christ is with you right now, if you believe in Him...

    Why wait for Him to return, when you can understand He is right there with you right now to talk to?


    yes, you are correct, Christ is with us and the Holy Spirit dwells within every believer. However, it is important to discern when scripture is speaking literally or symbolically. Do not misapply spiritual meanings to the scriptures that are referring to a literal, physical return to the earth.

    All true Christian's pray to God, but a time is coming when we will be changed and caught up and be in literal presence of the Lord. Until that time we continue studying His word and talking with the Lord in prayer. That doesn't mean that we should ignore one for the other. We can do those things and also look for His appearing, which Paul called the "blessed hope."
    ComeLordJesus likes this.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control ...

    I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit ...

    This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit ....

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahwatukee View Post
    Hello Adstar,

    This is where it is important to understand that there is a difference between the event of the gathering of the church vs. the Lord's return to the earth to end the age. When the gathering of the church is interpreted as taking place at the same time as when the Lord returns to the earth to end the age, it distorts the order of end-time events.

    Everything that you have listed above is in reference to the events leading up to the Lord's return to the earth, as well as the actual event itself. To be clear, the gathering of the church is not mentioned in the context above.

    Within all that is written above, you can also include the events of the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments listed in Revelation, as they will be taking place during that same time period. Jesus' mention of the "abomination" being set up in the holy place, according to Dan.9:24-27 which is what Jesus is quoting from, marks the middle of the seven years decreed upon Israel. Therefore, Matthew 24:15 marks the middle of the seven, where Matt.24:29-31 marks the end of the seven years.

    Also regarding the information in Matt.24:4 thru 31, this is when the wrath of God will be taking place. Regarding this, scripture states that believers within the church are not appointed to suffer God's coming wrath (1 Thes.1:10), that Jesus rescues us from the coming wratth (1 Thes.5:9) and we have the Lord's promise to keep us out of that time of wrath (Rev.3:10).

    Therefore, the church cannot and will not enter God's time of wrath, better known as "the Day of the Lord," which is the time period you have listed above, as we must be gathered before it begins.

    Matthew 24:29-31, Rev.19:11-15 = The Lord's return to the earth to end the age and establish his millennial kingdom

    1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 Cor.15:51-53, Rev.4:1-2 = The event of the gathering of the church


    Gathering of the church = Is and will always be imminent until the moment it takes place

    Second Coming = Has many signs which must take place prior to the Lord's return to the earth.

    I pray that the Lord will open your's and others eyes regarding this truth
    There is no difference between the Day of the LORD and the day of the gathering of the Saints both dead and alive.. The rapture happens on the day of the second comming of the LORD Jesus Christ..

    The rapture happens at the final trumpet..

    1 Corinthians 15: KJV

    50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. {51} Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, {52} In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

    And again in scripture.. Here a little there a little.. Trumpet again..

    1 Thessalonians 4: KJV
    15"For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. {16} For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: {17} Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."


    So at the Last Trump we who shall be alive shall be raptured.. Now lets go back to Matthew 24 which i posted above and see if we can see when the trumpet is..

    Matthew 24: KJV
    {29} ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: {30} And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. {31} And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

    Can we all see that there will be a trumpet sounded at the Day of the Lord after the tribulation of those days, after the sun and moon have been darkened... So the rapture will happen at the sounding of the Last trumpet.. There will be no trumpet blasts after the last trumpet and we see that on the Day of the Lord there will be a great trumpet blast... And this will be the Last trumpet...
    tanakh and Deade like this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewG View Post
    Jesus Christ is with you right now, if you believe in Him...

    Why wait for Him to return, when you can understand He is right there with you right now to talk to?

    He loves to listen to you, and so does His father.

    1 Peter 5:7: Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

    Philippians 4: 4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice;5 let your forbearance be known to all men; the Lord [is] near;
    6 for nothing be anxious, but in everything by prayer, and by supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God;7 and the peace of God, that is surpassing all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.

    Doesn't make any sense to me, to wait for Him to return when you can just talk to Him right now today

    God bless.
    We are talking about His physical return.. We all know about His spiritual return on the Day of penticost.. Of course He is with us in Spirit and we can talk to him at any time.. But we await his physical return when we shall be with Him and see Him in person..

  13. #13
    Senior Member Lucy-Pevensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    909
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    (I haven't read all the posts but) Just as a reminder


    Acts 1
    10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them.11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”


    Zechariah 14:4
    On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

    It'a a physical return.
    Ahwatukee, Adstar, Deade and 1 others like this.
    Ezekiel 36
    *Then they will know that I am the Lord*




  14. #14
    Senior Member Ahwatukee's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2015
    Age
    60
    Posts
    6,382
    Blog Entries
    32
    Rep Power
    130

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    There is no difference between the Day of the LORD and the day of the gathering of the Saints both dead and alive.. The rapture happens on the day of the second comming of the LORD Jesus Christ.


    If you are saying that the gathering of the church takes place at the same time when the Lord returns to the earth to end the age and establish his millennial kingdom, then that is not possible. Reason being is that the entire wrath of God will take place prior to and leading up to the Lord's return to the earth to end the age. Believers have been credited with the righteousness of Christ and have been reconciled to God. Jesus also took upon himself the wrath that every believer deserves, satisfying it completely. Because of this and because it is written in scripture, believers are not appointed to suffer God's coming wrath (1 Thes.1:10), Jesus rescues us from the coming wrath (1 Thes.5:9), and he promises to keep us out of that time of wrath (Rev.3:10). Therefore, the church will not enter into that time of wrath, which means that the church must be gathered prior to the beginning of God's wrath, which is initiated by the opening of the first seal.

    1 Corinthians 15: KJV
    50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. {51} Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, {52} In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."


    1 Thessalonians 4: KJV
    15"For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. {16} For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: {17} Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."


    Both scripture's above are regarding the gathering of the church. The scripture below is not referring to the same event as the two above. But is referring to when the Lord returns to the earth to end the age. They are two different events and two different trumpets. The scripture below is when Christ returns to the earth to end the age, which takes place after God's wrath. The two above take place before God's wrath.



    Matthew 24: KJV
    {29} ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: {30} And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. {31} And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

    You are making the same mistake as may do by pigeonholing the word "Trumpet." The trumpet in 1 Thes.4:16 is not the same as the great trumpet in Matt.24:31. They are different trumpets. People also do this with the "last trumpet" interpreting it as the 7th trumpet of the trumpet judgments. The word "trumpet" is not specific to any single event. That fact is, that there many different types of trumpets in scripture. The trumpet of 1 Thes.4:16 and 1 Cor.15:52 are not the same trumpet as the trumpet in Matt.24:31 and that because you would be putting the church through the entire wrath of God by interpreting it as such.
    Last edited by Ahwatukee; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:26 AM.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control ...

    I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit ...

    This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit ....

  15. #15
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    10,642
    Rep Power
    162

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    (I haven't read all the posts but) Just as a reminder


    Acts 1
    10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them.11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.”


    Zechariah 14:4
    On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.

    It'a a physical return.
    Acts 1 is Christ returning for His bride the church in the air.

    Zechariah is Christ returning for Israel and that is a physical return to the earth.

    The first can occur anytime and should be considered imminent. The latter will occur at the close of the tribulation where each day will seem like a thousand years for those who are enduring the wrath of the tribulation.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    MarcR likes this.
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  16. #16
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    27,968
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    354

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    No...................not until numerous events take place....after those events.....then and only then can it be rightfully stated that his return is imminent.....

    The day of the Lord, Christ and God <---ONE DAY with three different aspects...JESUS is Lord, Christ and God.....this day commences at the 7th and final Trump of Revelation

    The Great Tribulation and WRATH ARE NOT THE SAME THING, two different words with two different applications and the Lord's Churches are appointed unto tribulation BUT NOT WRATH

    The announced wrath of GOD is NOT made by MEN hiding in caves dens and praying for rocks to fall on them, but rather IN HEAVEN, BEFORE THE THRONE at the 7th TRUMP

    The man of sin has not been revealed as GOD, claiming to be GOD and worshipped as GOD <---2nd Thessalonians 2:1-6
    The BODY PRESENCE of CHRIST, THAT IS TO SAY, OUR GATHERING TOGETHER UNTO HIM

    There is no such thing as a magical, invisible, secret return of CHRIST where we are snagged and NO ONE KNOWS where we went....it is as visible as lightning cracking in the east and seen unto the west, his coming is seen by his disciples, the religious lost, every eye, kindred, tongue and nation on this planet.....

    Paul told the Thessalonian assembly that THEY WERE NOT IN DARKNESS THAT THAT DAY WOULD OVER TAKE THEM AS A THIEF.............
    Lucy-Pevensie likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Lucy-Pevensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    909
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    Acts 1 is Christ returning for His bride the church in the air.

    Zechariah is Christ returning for Israel and that is a physical return to the earth.

    The first can occur anytime and should be considered imminent. The latter will occur at the close of the tribulation where each day will seem like a thousand years for those who are enduring the wrath of the tribulation.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    I disagree. That's an assumption, I think they are one and the same event.

    They watched him go from the Mount of Olives. The Angel said he would return in the same way.
    Zechariah prophesied he would return there (Mount of Olives) physically.

    Acts 1

    12 Then the apostles returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day’s walk[c] from the city.
    dcontroversal, Adstar and Deade like this.
    Ezekiel 36
    *Then they will know that I am the Lord*




  18. #18
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    10,642
    Rep Power
    162

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    I disagree. That's an assumption, I think they are one and the same event.

    They watched him go from the Mount of Olives. The Angel said he would return in the same way.
    Zechariah prophesied he would return there (Mount of Olives) physically.

    Acts 1

    12 Then the apostles returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day’s walk[c] from the city.
    The church as in the body of believers will see Jesus in the clouds when He comes to collect them from off the face of the earth. Living or dead at the time they will be called up into His presence to live forever.

    When Jesus returns for Israel He will come and alight upon the Mt of Olives and all of Israel will look upon Him Whom they pierced and weep. Israel was looking for a mighty King to free them from Roman rule when God sent them a Redeemer Who would suffer and die for their sins. When Jesus comes again for Israel they will see Him as the Mighty King they long have sought.

    Only after Israel has been chastised for their apostasy will Christ come with mercy and rescue them from total destruction.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  19. #19
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    27,968
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    354

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-Pevensie View Post
    I disagree. That's an assumption, I think they are one and the same event.

    They watched him go from the Mount of Olives. The Angel said he would return in the same way.
    Zechariah prophesied he would return there (Mount of Olives) physically.

    Acts 1

    12 Then the apostles returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day’s walk[c] from the city.

    Amen...Jesus was clear...as was John who was told what to write by Jesus...

    a. His disciples will see him come in the clouds with power and great glory
    b. The lost religious will see him come in the clouds with power and great glory
    c. Every kindred, tongue, nation and eye will see him come in the clouds with power and great glory

    This is God coming, not some freak side show at the circus.....HE will set the stage, kill the lights, rip the heavens open to reveal his face and presence and then in view of ALL with power and great glory seize control of all earthly kingdoms, gather his saints and reward them in view of all while pouring out his wrath upon the kingdom of the beast AND ALL that have believed the lie and taken the mark.....

    His body presence (Parousia) <--coming is VISIBLE unto all just as lightning that cracks in the east and shines unto the west and is as obvious and visible as a dead carcass in the ditch because of the gathered buzzards.............
    Lucy-Pevensie likes this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Lucy-Pevensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    909
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: Is Jesus's return imminent?

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    The church as in the body of believers will see Jesus in the clouds when He comes to collect them from off the face of the earth. Living or dead at the time they will be called up into His presence to live forever.

    When Jesus returns for Israel He will come and alight upon the Mt of Olives and all of Israel will look upon Him Whom they pierced and weep. Israel was looking for a mighty King to free them from Roman rule when God sent them a Redeemer Who would suffer and die for their sins. When Jesus comes again for Israel they will see Him as the Mighty King they long have sought.

    Only after Israel has been chastised for their apostasy will Christ come with mercy and rescue them from total destruction.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    Well that's the first time I've heard anyone say it this way. So you don't think it will be like that Left Behind film where everyone just disappears?
    Ezekiel 36
    *Then they will know that I am the Lord*




Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. When will Jesus return?
    By SCHISM in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: August 16th, 2016, 07:12 PM
  2. Jesus will Return
    By shoki in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: March 30th, 2015, 03:47 PM
  3. Jesus, the feast days and a not so imminent Rapture
    By Blain in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 25th, 2014, 09:47 PM
  4. Another Farce tied to Imminent Return
    By dcontroversal in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 18th, 2014, 11:41 PM
  5. The Imminent Return Of Christ
    By dcontroversal in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 13th, 2013, 08:54 AM