Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
Like Tree33Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: To those whom the Lord has called

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by 7777pinacled View Post
    True,
    Yet he was called.

    But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

    If I remember correctly moses needed help
    Moses needed help, yet how many times in a day does a "christian",
    Defend him?

  2. #22
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    5,118
    Rep Power
    199

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by 7777pinacled View Post
    If I remember correctly moses needed help
    Yes, help with dealing with the issues between Israelites since one man could not possibly attend to so many. Yet God had to rebuke Moses because he failed to understand that God had given him a rod with which to deal with other issues. And that rod was used several times throughout his life.
    7777pinacled likes this.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    Yes, help with dealing with the issues between Israelites since one man could not possibly attend to so many. Yet God had to rebuke Moses because he failed to understand that God had given him a rod with which to deal with other issues. And that rod was used several times throughout his life.
    A valuable lesson of experience,.
    I imagine many people may take on too much of a task, and forget to.ask for help.
    Similar to lacking in communication skills.
    We already know moses fault in this area,.

  4. #24
    Senior Member OneFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    76

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    ​“Many are called but few are chosen.”
    20, oldethennew and 7777pinacled like this.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFaith View Post
    ​“Many are called but few are chosen.”

    "If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by 7777pinacled View Post
    "If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."
    Hearing this I am reminded of a shield of faith.
    A shield unlike anything that the men of the world have conceived in any fassion or design.

  7. #27
    Senior Member OneFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,765
    Rep Power
    76

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by 7777pinacled View Post
    "If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you."

    “You” refers to the chosen, not to the called. Everyone is called to be a Christian but narrow is the way and few find it. It is not enough to say “I heard my calling” He doesn’t chose those who hear, but only those who hear and do.
    oldethennew likes this.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFaith View Post

    “You” refers to the chosen, not to the called. Everyone is called to be a Christian but narrow is the way and few find it. It is not enough to say “I heard my calling” He doesn’t chose those who hear, but only those who hear and do.
    True,
    And i recall a few men that answered the call of the Lord with,"I am here".
    The few that enter I believe are similar to men of our past.
    As our Lord withstood the wilderness in fasting for forty days I was reminded of yehoshua (joshua) and the generation that crossed the yarden (jordan)


    "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."


    "so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting people may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other."
    Last edited by 7777pinacled; February 12th, 2018 at 06:14 AM.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Living Water

    The man was not decieved
    So from Adam to Noach the Lord's promise unfolds in a tithe from Heaven.

    Adam {}Seth
    Enosh {}Kenan

    Mahalyl {}yarod
    Enoch {}Methsayah
    Lamech {}Noach

    I ask who here knows the meaning of a name.
    And even more so the value of two names per generation.






    He named him Noach and said,
    “He will comfort us in the labor and painful toil of our hands caused by the ground the Lord has cursed.”

    30 After Noah was born, Lamech lived 595 years and had other sons and daughters.

    31 Altogether, Lamech lived a total of 777 years, and then he died.
    Last edited by 7777pinacled; February 18th, 2018 at 08:57 PM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,883
    Blog Entries
    78
    Rep Power
    308

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    Moses was a man. A normal man with a great story about His origin and how He survived His birth.. He was supposed to be killed at birth by the orders of Pharaoh.. But by the actions of His mother and the intervention of an Egyptian princess he survived and was brought up as an Egyptian..

    But He knew he was a Hebrew and upon seeing the cruelty being put upon the Hebrews in anger he murdered an Egyptian guard and then fled Egypt to the east and was content to live out His days as a sheep herder with the people of that rejoin, until the LORD changed Moses life by visiting Him in the burning bush and selecting him to be a prophet to go back to Egypt and bring about the liberation of the Hebrew people from slavery and bring them to the promised land..

    I guess that's a start..
    i would add that he was raised by his mother until he was weaned and thus probably learned quite a bit of Hebrew culture because even kids as young as 3 and 4 can tell stories from the Bible.

    he was most likely 40 when he killed the Egyptian and fled to the desert and stayed in the wilderness 40 years before encountering the burning bush and lead the Israelites in the desert for 40 years and died at the age of 120.

    Deuteronomy 34 v. 7
    Last edited by Ariel82; February 18th, 2018 at 09:14 PM.
    7777pinacled likes this.
    Don't take my word for it. Search Scriptures for yourself!

    Acts 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,883
    Blog Entries
    78
    Rep Power
    308

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_B View Post
    ​And who is this that was pure in heart when the Lord called him?
    Jesus...


    trying to figure out the point of this thread...thought it was about Moses but now reading it, i am not sure what its about at all.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called


  13. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    Jesus...


    trying to figure out the point of this thread...thought it was about Moses but now reading it, i am not sure what its about at all.
    Just asking if anyone could relate.
    Of all the men whom the Lord called, who didn't run?

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    i would add that he was raised by his mother until he was weaned and thus probably learned quite a bit of Hebrew culture because even kids as young as 3 and 4 can tell stories from the Bible.

    he was most likely 40 when he killed the Egyptian and fled to the desert and stayed in the wilderness 40 years before encountering the burning bush and lead the Israelites in the desert for 40 years and died at the age of 120.

    Deuteronomy 34 v. 7
    444

    Some one did their homework

    Blessed is the Name of the Lord

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    7,349
    Rep Power
    205

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by 7777pinacled View Post
    444

    Some one did their homework

    Blessed is the Name of the Lord
    =============================================


    MATT. 24:21-22.
    And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake
    those days shall be shortened.

    31.
    And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect
    from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
    7777pinacled likes this.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    Moses was a man. A normal man with a great story about His origin and how He survived His birth.. He was supposed to be killed at birth by the orders of Pharaoh.. But by the actions of His mother and the intervention of an Egyptian princess he survived and was brought up as an Egyptian..

    But He knew he was a Hebrew and upon seeing the cruelty being put upon the Hebrews in anger he murdered an Egyptian guard and then fled Egypt to the east and was content to live out His days as a sheep herder with the people of that rejoin, until the LORD changed Moses life by visiting Him in the burning bush and selecting him to be a prophet to go back to Egypt and bring about the liberation of the Hebrew people from slavery and bring them to the promised land..

    I guess that's a start..
    "he murdered an Egyptian"
    Ive often wondered about this wording.
    Because ive read elsewhere that Moses struck or slew the egyptian and hid him in the sand.
    it just seemed to me that something more needs to be said concerning this verbiage.
    struck, slew, killed, murdered.

    Do yo have any further findings about this?

  17. #37


    20
    20 is offline
    Senior Member 20's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2015
    Age
    54
    Posts
    349
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFaith View Post
    ​“Many are called but few are chosen.”
    KJV1Corinthians1;26-29 26. For you see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27. But God hath choosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the thing which are mighty: 28. And base thing of the world, and things which are despised, has God chosen,yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought thing that are; 29. That no flesh should glory in his presence.
    KJV1Corinthians2:9 9.But as is written,Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Katy-follower's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,696
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    I have come to believe that God does call very normal men.. Because God wants the message to be Him message through a man.. Not the mans message.. God wants people to focus on Him not make gods out of men.. If God Chose men of great presence and great eloquence then maybe people would start glorifying then man.. So He will chose guys like Moses and Jonah men with faults.. So that people will focus on the message and not the messenger..
    I'm reminded a bit of Paul with his thorn, and the fact God would not heal him. It kept him humble, so he would not exalt himself.
    Ariel82 likes this.
    "If we want to study the word of God, we need to have an open mind to allow the Holy Spirit to teach us. A closed mind lets in no light. If the Spirit illuminates a scripture, we need to be willing to display a teachable spirit. When we align ourselves with any particular camp we are no longer teachable. That is elementary"


    John 14:27: "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid"


  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2017
    Posts
    906
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy-follower View Post
    I'm reminded a bit of Paul with his thorn, and the fact God would not heal him. It kept him humble, so he would not exalt himself.
    true, there is only One Holy seed of promise.

    moses was also said to be of the tribe of levi.
    and when looking to Bless Yisrayl

    i saw 7 children from Leah
    and two children from rachel

    levi being the third born of leah the fourth born being yhdh and so on.

    i wondered if the Lord called a person of levi such as moses to bring out more than the twelve tribes of Yisrayl?

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,806
    Rep Power
    122

    Default Re: To those whom the Lord has called

    Quote Originally Posted by 7777pinacled View Post
    "he murdered an Egyptian"
    Ive often wondered about this wording.
    Because ive read elsewhere that Moses struck or slew the egyptian and hid him in the sand.
    it just seemed to me that something more needs to be said concerning this verbiage.
    struck, slew, killed, murdered.

    Do yo have any further findings about this?
    If someone punches your friend are you then justified in killing them? No.

    If you know a prison guard is unjustly abusing inmates of your local prison are you justified in killing that guard? No.

    Moses was not justified in killing that Egyptian guard..

    Now if you derive some symbolic meaning out of what Moses did with the body of the Egyptian then that is an entirely different matter.. Deep symbolic meanings can be derived from all kinds of happenings in the scriptures.. Good happenings and evil happenings.. Just because a deep and meaningful "shadow" ( Colossians 2:16-17) has been discovered from a happening in the Bible does not then make that happening automatically good and justified..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: May 21st, 2017, 08:59 PM
  2. Called from Darkness and into the Light: Called for Christ.
    By Called4Christ in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: September 27th, 2016, 10:31 AM
  3. CALLED TO BE AN APOSTLE OF THE LORD
    By LORDOFHOSTS in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 12th, 2015, 01:52 PM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: November 19th, 2013, 11:17 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 11th, 2012, 10:00 AM