Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
Like Tree40Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Unaswered Questions

  1. #1
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Unaswered Questions

    Is it so hard for a Christian to answer questions that are presented to them?

    Far to often i see in CC Posts questions that are presented to a specific person, and that person does not take the time to answer those questions. Why?

    One reason that i can see would be a reason to NOT answer a question, is because the person being asked is ignorant to the answer. But would it not be better for that person to merely say "I don't know" Then to ignore the question altogether?

    Another reason that i can see would be because in answering the question, it would prove what that person believes to be in error. Therefore instead of answering the question asked of them, they ignore it, void it, or interpret it away to mean something other that what it says. Would it not be better for that person to merely say "I will have to study on that one" Then to not answer at all?

    Tell me, how rude is it, if you are in a conversation with someone and they ask you a question, and you reply nothing at all to them?
    Aren't we having conversations with posts?

    Tell me, would it be a Godly thing or an evil thing to try to answer every question presented to you?

    If you can't answer the question, then say "I can't answer that"
    If you don't know the answer, then say "I don't know the answer"

    Are you aware of the Golden Rule? Tell me, When you ask a specific person a question, are you not wanting that person to answer your question? Do likewise unto them. If YOU are asked a question, then try to the best of your ability to answer the questions given to you, even as you would want them to answer the questions you give to them. Is this not a Godly thing to do? Is that not the Golden Rule?

    Therefore if someone is asking you questions, then try to answer the questions given to you.

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Waggles likes this.
    Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

    Woe to them who continue to willingly sin, and think Grace is upon them.

    Email me

    website

  2. #2
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    5,104
    Rep Power
    195

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleDave View Post
    Therefore if someone is asking you questions, then try to answer the questions given to you.
    In general this is a good principle, and questions should be answered with relevant Scriptures, not opinions. At the same time there are some questions which do not deserve an answer: (1) idle questions and (2) questions that cast doubt on clear Scriptures.
    DiscipleDave and oldethennew like this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    7,827
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    242

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    DD

    maybe your posts get lost when a thread moves fast.

    I get behind too, and then answer from a place where the discussion has moved from.

    Not sure if if I should let them go, and stick to the last page.

    Might be good for both of us to do this.
    posthuman, tourist, 20 and 3 others like this.
    Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.


    Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

  4. #4
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,790
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    456

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    The Pharisees asked JESUS a question that he most assuredly knew the answer to....ad HE said, If you answer my question then I will answer your question...The Baptism of JOHN is it from men or GOD.......

    and we all know the end result of that exchange.......

  5. #5
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,999
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Jesus answered question with questions all the time, I think people see someone ask another question, and assume they are trying to run or hide from the question when that is nbot so. They are trying to get the person to see their point by answering another question.

    It happens int he real world. Not just in bible chat rooms
    .
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dino246's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,654
    Rep Power
    226

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleDave View Post
    Is it so hard for a Christian to answer questions that are presented to them?

    Far to often i see in CC Posts questions that are presented to a specific person, and that person does not take the time to answer those questions. Why?

    One reason that i can see would be a reason to NOT answer a question, is because the person being asked is ignorant to the answer. But would it not be better for that person to merely say "I don't know" Then to ignore the question altogether?

    Another reason that i can see would be because in answering the question, it would prove what that person believes to be in error. Therefore instead of answering the question asked of them, they ignore it, void it, or interpret it away to mean something other that what it says. Would it not be better for that person to merely say "I will have to study on that one" Then to not answer at all?

    Tell me, how rude is it, if you are in a conversation with someone and they ask you a question, and you reply nothing at all to them?
    Aren't we having conversations with posts?

    Tell me, would it be a Godly thing or an evil thing to try to answer every question presented to you?

    If you can't answer the question, then say "I can't answer that"
    If you don't know the answer, then say "I don't know the answer"

    Are you aware of the Golden Rule? Tell me, When you ask a specific person a question, are you not wanting that person to answer your question? Do likewise unto them. If YOU are asked a question, then try to the best of your ability to answer the questions given to you, even as you would want them to answer the questions you give to them. Is this not a Godly thing to do? Is that not the Golden Rule?

    Therefore if someone is asking you questions, then try to answer the questions given to you.

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    It's telling that your post assumes ignorance or ill will on the part of the other person from the outset, and that you don't list any possibilities from a motivation of grace. It is laughable that you reference the Golden Rule, after completely disregarding it.
    Depleted likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2015
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,685
    Blog Entries
    55
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    In general this is a good principle, and questions should be answered with relevant Scriptures, not opinions. At the same time there are some questions which do not deserve an answer: (1) idle questions and (2) questions that cast doubt on clear Scriptures.
    (Job 35:14):
    "How much less when you say you do not behold Him, The case is before Him, and you must wait for Him!

    In Righteousness we live a life by way of the Spirit, and it is a commission of that Spirit we live by relationally, not a doctrine alone. Thus, God's intentions can be delivered to us in real time about all sorts of purposes He would have us do based on His will and Word in any given situation. This is interdependent on the premise found in our disposition in Christ that we are to reconcile men to God, for this is the demeanor and Character of Christ. If we live by way of reasoning it out in godly doctrine we will again judge the situation in pride, or arrogant servanthood.

    The demeanor of Christ did answer questions, and He stood against the devil as well, when He was not disconnecting for the greater good of the other person set out by God's purposes. And to suggest an answer to be, "I do not know the answer," is an answer of politeness and honest integrity.

    However, Let me ask you DiscipleDave are you anxious about this? I pray you are not, and that you want us to grow in Christ's demeanor to give answer to everyone who asks us the hope we have in Him. But there are times in Scripture we see Him say to avoid peoples company so that God can intervene in certain circumstances as well. Thus, we need to live by His Word and by way of His Spirit to do as He makes clear for us to do in all and any situation. But to be sure, kindness and respect is good. And answering people is a sign of gentleness and respect, as well as integrity.
    DiscipleDave and Lafftur like this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member OneFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,759
    Rep Power
    76

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleDave View Post
    Is it so hard for a Christian to answer questions that are presented to them?

    Far to often i see in CC Posts questions that are presented to a specific person, and that person does not take the time to answer those questions. Why?

    One reason that i can see would be a reason to NOT answer a question, is because the person being asked is ignorant to the answer. But would it not be better for that person to merely say "I don't know" Then to ignore the question altogether?

    Another reason that i can see would be because in answering the question, it would prove what that person believes to be in error. Therefore instead of answering the question asked of them, they ignore it, void it, or interpret it away to mean something other that what it says. Would it not be better for that person to merely say "I will have to study on that one" Then to not answer at all?

    Tell me, how rude is it, if you are in a conversation with someone and they ask you a question, and you reply nothing at all to them?
    Aren't we having conversations with posts?

    Tell me, would it be a Godly thing or an evil thing to try to answer every question presented to you?

    If you can't answer the question, then say "I can't answer that"
    If you don't know the answer, then say "I don't know the answer"

    Are you aware of the Golden Rule? Tell me, When you ask a specific person a question, are you not wanting that person to answer your question? Do likewise unto them. If YOU are asked a question, then try to the best of your ability to answer the questions given to you, even as you would want them to answer the questions you give to them. Is this not a Godly thing to do? Is that not the Golden Rule?

    Therefore if someone is asking you questions, then try to answer the questions given to you.

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave

    Maybe they didn’t see the question. Maybe you should pm them.
    DiscipleDave and oldethennew like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member p_rehbein's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2013
    Age
    67
    Posts
    21,978
    Blog Entries
    40
    Rep Power
    265

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Sometimes I answer questions.........

    Sometimes I forget to check in here, and by the time I do, there are a zillion comments on the Thread where I commented, and I don't want to read through all of them to see if anyone asked me a question or not,

    Sometimes........I just forget to check......

    Sometimes the question is so, well, not worthy of commenting on.....

    Sometimes......uh, er, where was i?
    Remaining Obedient Scures Eternity
    Matthew 7:21

  10. #10
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    DD

    maybe your posts get lost when a thread moves fast.

    I get behind too, and then answer from a place where the discussion has moved from.

    Not sure if if I should let them go, and stick to the last page.

    Might be good for both of us to do this.
    That is True,

    i would like a person to answer a question i present to them, therefore i always try to answer any question that is asked of me. If i fail to answer a question to me, it is because i did not see it.

    also i tend not to answer a question that i have answered multiple times.

    Is it not written:

    Mat 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

    Therefore if a person is asking you for something, like an answer to a question, for example, and you do not give them one if you are able to do so, how are you not failing to DO what the above Scriptures teach us to do? Are you then hearers of the Word and Not DOERS of the Word?

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

    Woe to them who continue to willingly sin, and think Grace is upon them.

    Email me

    website

  11. #11
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    The Pharisees asked JESUS a question that he most assuredly knew the answer to....ad HE said, If you answer my question then I will answer your question...The Baptism of JOHN is it from men or GOD.......

    and we all know the end result of that exchange.......
    Yeah amen, good example, the Pharisee DID NOT ANSWER, did they? That is exactly my point. In the OP does it not say that one of the reason people do not answer a question is because by answering it would reveal to them that they are wrong?

    Jesus did not say He would NOT answer the question, but plainly said "If you answer my question, then i will answer yours" The purpose of this thread is to reveal that those who do not answer questions presented to them are wrong to do so.

    Jesus was more than willing to answer their question, if they would answer His question. This is not the same thing that this generation does, and not answer anything at all, nor even reply to the question asked, this Jesus did NOT do.

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

    Woe to them who continue to willingly sin, and think Grace is upon them.

    Email me

    website

  12. #12
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    Jesus answered question with questions all the time, I think people see someone ask another question, and assume they are trying to run or hide from the question when that is nbot so. They are trying to get the person to see their point by answering another question.

    It happens int he real world. Not just in bible chat rooms
    .
    Jesus most certainly answered questions with questions, but He did answer them. The point of this thread are to those who when they are asked a question do not answer that question at all, nor do they even respond to that question, nor do they answer that question with a question, as Jesus answered all questions given to Him.

    The purpose of this thread is to try to help people to understand that it is a Godly thing to answer questions that are presented to you, and NOT to ignore them altogether, which is NOT a Godly thing to do. Do you want questions you ask of others ignored or answered? Therefore how are you not a hypocrite if you do not answer questions from others, if you are able to do so?

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

    Woe to them who continue to willingly sin, and think Grace is upon them.

    Email me

    website

  13. #13
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Originally Posted by DiscipleDave
    Is it so hard for a Christian to answer questions that are presented to them?

    Far to often i see in CC Posts questions that are presented to a specific person, and that person does not take the time to answer those questions. Why?

    One reason that i can see would be a reason to NOT answer a question, is because the person being asked is ignorant to the answer. But would it not be better for that person to merely say "I don't know" Then to ignore the question altogether?

    Another reason that i can see would be because in answering the question, it would prove what that person believes to be in error. Therefore instead of answering the question asked of them, they ignore it, void it, or interpret it away to mean something other that what it says. Would it not be better for that person to merely say "I will have to study on that one" Then to not answer at all?

    Tell me, how rude is it, if you are in a conversation with someone and they ask you a question, and you reply nothing at all to them?
    Aren't we having conversations with posts?

    Tell me, would it be a Godly thing or an evil thing to try to answer every question presented to you?

    If you can't answer the question, then say "I can't answer that"
    If you don't know the answer, then say "I don't know the answer"

    Are you aware of the Golden Rule? Tell me, When you ask a specific person a question, are you not wanting that person to answer your question? Do likewise unto them. If YOU are asked a question, then try to the best of your ability to answer the questions given to you, even as you would want them to answer the questions you give to them. Is this not a Godly thing to do? Is that not the Golden Rule?

    Therefore if someone is asking you questions, then try to answer the questions given to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dino246 View Post
    It's telling that your post assumes ignorance or ill will on the part of the other person from the outset, and that you don't list any possibilities from a motivation of grace.
    In the post did i say anything that would lead a person to believe that those are the ONLY two reasons a person do not answer questions? i did not do that, therefore why do you seem to think that i did? There are many other possibilities why a person does not answer questions, i merely wrote down two of them, you assumption that i think that is the ONLY two possible reasons for not answering is in error.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dino246 View Post
    It is laughable that you reference the Golden Rule, after completely disregarding it.
    You accuse me of disregarding the Golden Rule in some way, but do not write what that is. If i have disregarded the Golden Rule in some way, please inform me how i did that, so i can take it to God and repent of that thing. But if you do not tell me HOW i did that, how can i repent of that? You accuse me without putting down the reason you accuse me. Is that a Godly thing to do or no?

    If a person is going to accuse another of lying then do the Godly thing and reveal the lie that that person said. If you are going to accuse a brother or sister in the lord of this or that, then it would be a Godly thing to do to reveal the reasons that you are accusing that person. But not so with this generation this generation would rather just accuse without presenting any evidence of it at all. How easy is it for this generation to accuse another of being a LIAR, and NOT write down the lie in which they actually said? How easy is it for this generation to accuse another brother or sister in the Lord of this or that, and not present the evidence that said accusation is TRUE.

    i see far to often people on CC accusing brothers and sisters in the Lord, of this or that, without taking the time to reveal why they are accusing this or that.

    Brother you are a Liar because you say now that you did not drive at the age of 16 but in post #24 you said quote "I started driving at 16"

    Did you notice that? he was accused, and then was also presented with the evidence that he is a Liar. But not with this generation, this generation would rather merely accuse that person as being a LIAR, and not present the evidence that proves the accusation to be correct. This is NOT Godly.

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

    Woe to them who continue to willingly sin, and think Grace is upon them.

    Email me

    website

  14. #14
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    (Job 35:14):
    "How much less when you say you do not behold Him, The case is before Him, and you must wait for Him!

    In Righteousness we live a life by way of the Spirit, and it is a commission of that Spirit we live by relationally, not a doctrine alone. Thus, God's intentions can be delivered to us in real time about all sorts of purposes He would have us do based on His will and Word in any given situation. This is interdependent on the premise found in our disposition in Christ that we are to reconcile men to God, for this is the demeanor and Character of Christ. If we live by way of reasoning it out in godly doctrine we will again judge the situation in pride, or arrogant servanthood.

    The demeanor of Christ did answer questions, and He stood against the devil as well, when He was not disconnecting for the greater good of the other person set out by God's purposes. And to suggest an answer to be, "I do not know the answer," is an answer of politeness and honest integrity.

    However, Let me ask you DiscipleDave are you anxious about this?
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    I pray you are not, and that you want us to grow in Christ's demeanor to give answer to everyone who asks us the hope we have in Him. But there are times in Scripture we see Him say to avoid peoples company so that God can intervene in certain circumstances as well. Thus, we need to live by His Word and by way of His Spirit to do as He makes clear for us to do in all and any situation. But to be sure, kindness and respect is good. And answering people is a sign of gentleness and respect, as well as integrity.
    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    slave likes this.
    Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

    Woe to them who continue to willingly sin, and think Grace is upon them.

    Email me

    website

  15. #15
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Originally Posted by DiscipleDave
    Is it so hard for a Christian to answer questions that are presented to them?

    Far to often i see in CC Posts questions that are presented to a specific person, and that person does not take the time to answer those questions. Why?

    One reason that i can see would be a reason to NOT answer a question, is because the person being asked is ignorant to the answer. But would it not be better for that person to merely say "I don't know" Then to ignore the question altogether?

    Another reason that i can see would be because in answering the question, it would prove what that person believes to be in error. Therefore instead of answering the question asked of them, they ignore it, void it, or interpret it away to mean something other that what it says. Would it not be better for that person to merely say "I will have to study on that one" Then to not answer at all?

    Tell me, how rude is it, if you are in a conversation with someone and they ask you a question, and you reply nothing at all to them?
    Aren't we having conversations with posts?

    Tell me, would it be a Godly thing or an evil thing to try to answer every question presented to you?

    If you can't answer the question, then say "I can't answer that"
    If you don't know the answer, then say "I don't know the answer"

    Are you aware of the Golden Rule? Tell me, When you ask a specific person a question, are you not wanting that person to answer your question? Do likewise unto them. If YOU are asked a question, then try to the best of your ability to answer the questions given to you, even as you would want them to answer the questions you give to them. Is this not a Godly thing to do? Is that not the Golden Rule?

    Therefore if someone is asking you questions, then try to answer the questions given to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneFaith View Post

    Maybe they didn’t see the question. Maybe you should pm them.
    Amen. There are many reasons a person does not answer another's question, i only listed two of them. Others have listed more as well.

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

    Woe to them who continue to willingly sin, and think Grace is upon them.

    Email me

    website

  16. #16
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,074
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    538

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    A person that writes a post may not then spend a long time waiting to see if someone responded to it. Perhaps they went to a different forum or even had to leave the computer to go to work or shopping or something like that. Sometimes they may feel that the question does not warrant a response or they notice many pages or days later that someone asked a question but do not respond because the question no longer seems relevant or that to answer may interrupt the current flow of the conversation. There are a lot of reasons why a response is not given and most of them have nothing to do with being rude.
    Dino246 likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  17. #17
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by p_rehbein View Post
    Sometimes I answer questions.........

    Sometimes I forget to check in here, and by the time I do, there are a zillion comments on the Thread where I commented, and I don't want to read through all of them to see if anyone asked me a question or not,

    Sometimes........I just forget to check......

    Sometimes the question is so, well, not worthy of commenting on.....

    Sometimes......uh, er, where was i?
    Amen, i agree with all this as well. But i am specifically talking about those who when asked a question, they read it, and do not answer that question at all. If you ask a question to someone, do you not desire them to answer, or do you ask them a question to receive nothing from them? So then you ask because you desire to hear the answer from the person you are asking. Therefore do unto them as you would have them do unto you. If someone asks you a question try to answer it, if you don't know that answer, then still answer the question with "i don't know"

    If you ask someone a question wouldn't you rather hear from them "I don't know" than to hear NOTHING AT ALL? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. This is the Golden Rule. Do you like to be called names, then don't call others names. Do you like to be mocked, then don't mock others. Do you like to be belittled, made fun of? Then don't belittle others or make fun of others. Golden Rule is simple concept, but rarely ever applied by those who do not live it. A tree is known by its fruit.

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

    Woe to them who continue to willingly sin, and think Grace is upon them.

    Email me

    website

  18. #18
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    A person that writes a post may not then spend a long time waiting to see if someone responded to it. Perhaps they went to a different forum or even had to leave the computer to go to work or shopping or something like that. Sometimes they may feel that the question does not warrant a response or they notice many pages or days later that someone asked a question but do not respond because the question no longer seems relevant or that to answer may interrupt the current flow of the conversation. There are a lot of reasons why a response is not given and most of them have nothing to do with being rude.
    As i have said in previous posts, i did not create a list of possible reasons a person does not answer a question. i merely list two possible reasons that a person does not answer a question given to them, i never said or even implied that those were the ONLY reasons a person does not answer questions. So then are you reading things into the post that are not there?

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

    Woe to them who continue to willingly sin, and think Grace is upon them.

    Email me

    website

  19. #19
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,074
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    538

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Just because you desire an answer to a question does not mean that the person is under an obligation to respond. Sometimes a person may answer immediately but then is ridiculed for the answer given or is then subject to an endless barrage of even more questions. Yes, it would be nice to receive an answer to a question that was asked in sincerity but for various reasons the question remains unanswered.
    p_rehbein and Dino246 like this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,360
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Unaswered Questions

    Christ purposely spoke in parables and without he spoke not. In order to hide the spiritual understanding. He performed that to teach the apostles just what it meant to walk by faith, mixing the unseen faith in what they did hear or see . It left them with many unanswered questions in a hope they would seek it out. They were amazed and it caused them to wonder. What is it?
    And they were all amazed at the mighty power of God. But while they wondered every one at all things which Jesus did, he said unto his disciples,Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying. Luk 9:43-45

    Then there arose reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.
    Luk 9:46

    This is because they walked after the wrong manner of spirit “walking by sight” after that seen .When they could not answer the question . It became “who is the greatest” having denied Christ as if he was not there..

    Then a philosophical reasoning as an oral tradition of men in a argument broke out as Pagan tradition of men . They were not reasoning according to the law of faith (the unseen).But that kind of reasoning is according to the “wrong manner of spirit” .

    And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

    Not the greatest among them will be great.

    John still not understanding the spiritual application not seen in the parable with a child.He continued to walk after the wrong manner of spirit looking to outward temporal .

    And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. Luk 9:46-48

    The same reason, they did not have the spiritual understanding being hid from them .The apotles were still trying to make the kingdom as if it came by observation. The man did not outwardly follow after their flesh

    Christ defined the us that do walk by the unseen spiritual understanding.

    And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?Luk 9:50-54

    Again because they required sign before they would believe (make them disappear )as in out of sight out of mind walking by sih ght. They sought after a signs and wonders gospel and stumbled over the cross.

    Luk 9:55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not "what manner of spirit" ye are of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 20 questions (see post #1 for all questions)
    By AlaynaJ in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: November 21st, 2015, 11:25 PM
  2. 3 Questions
    By MadParrotWoman in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 11th, 2015, 02:19 PM
  3. Questions That Shouldn't Be Questions
    By TomL in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: June 23rd, 2014, 10:54 PM
  4. Got questions
    By Mooky in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 13th, 2013, 05:31 AM
  5. 3 questions
    By zackabba in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: August 24th, 2011, 04:26 PM