Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 777
Like Tree552Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

  1. #601


    PS
    PS is offline
    Senior Member PS's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2013
    Age
    73
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by JaumeJ View Post
    I know who is credited with penning it, however all of the Word is from Jesus Christ........all of it.
    Do you think sinless Jesus was ashamed for not keeping the commandments? While he was in heaven.
    Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
    O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
    Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.

    Do you think Jesus had to learn about God's judgements and cleanse his ways?
    I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
    I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
    Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
    Salvation is by faith alone. No man should judge regarding meat, holy days, festivals and the
    Sabbath (Col 2:16). Our rest is in Jesus (Mat 11:28) he is our Great High Priest,
    King of Kings and Lord of Lords who gave himself for our salvation.

  2. #602
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    Instead of the OT laws that condemn, Jesus gave us new laws that we CAN keep if we have a mind to.
    That is what the Catholic Church and her daughters teach. I don’t believe the Scriptures confirmed this religious tradition and Jesus certainly didn’t say He taught anything other than His Father Words.

  3. #603


    gb9
    gb9 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    155

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    That is what the Catholic Church and her daughters teach. I don’t believe the Scriptures confirmed this religious tradition and Jesus certainly didn’t say He taught anything other than His Father Words.
    why do you constantly say that the catholic church is false teaching, then when I say it, you want me to explain it. why don't you explain it??

  4. #604
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    5,246
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    That is what the Catholic Church and her daughters teach. I don’t believe the Scriptures confirmed this religious tradition and Jesus certainly didn’t say He taught anything other than His Father Words.
    Catholic not teach Jesus New Covenant. Catholic is more like SDA, teaching tradition of man.

  5. #605
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    why do you constantly say that the catholic church is false teaching, then when I say it, you want me to explain it. why don't you explain it??
    I can't count the times I have stated the reasons for my disagreement with Mainstream Christian Doctrine. I think maybe it's time for you to back up your mouth. You can make the judgments easy enough, why are you afraid to back it up with a reason or evidence to justify your judgments?

  6. #606
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson123 View Post
    Catholic not teach Jesus New Covenant. Catholic is more like SDA, teaching tradition of man.
    I am neither so I wouldn't know. I only know what the Word which became Flesh teaches.

  7. #607


    gb9
    gb9 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    155

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    I can't count the times I have stated the reasons for my disagreement with Mainstream Christian Doctrine. I think maybe it's time for you to back up your mouth. You can make the judgments easy enough, why are you afraid to back it up with a reason or evidence to justify your judgments?
    no.no, no studydude. you do not get to control this conversation. I have seen you specifically belittle the catholic church and the pope by name many times. you constantly accuse us of being deceived by. how come you can bad-mouth it, but when I do, you demand an explanation. you explain your reasoning.

  8. #608
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    no.no, no studydude. you do not get to control this conversation. I have seen you specifically belittle the catholic church and the pope by name many times. you constantly accuse us of being deceived by. how come you can bad-mouth it, but when I do, you demand an explanation. you explain your reasoning.
    Like I said, you are always good for a laugh G9. As far as your posts go, I see no difference between your religion and the Catholic religion. I was really looking forward to you backing up your continual judgments, belittling and insults with some Scriptures. I knew it was a longshot. Glad I didn't bet on it.

    Good night G9 :^0

  9. #609
    Senior Member JaumeJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2011
    Age
    73
    Posts
    12,401
    Blog Entries
    36
    Rep Power
    169

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    You prove you do not read anything posted, at least by me. Of course Jesus kept all of the law, but according to His clarification.

    You understand nothing I have posted or you are simply not reading. It is diabolical
    the manner in which you ignore and say whatever pops into your mind. shame.

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    Do you think sinless Jesus was ashamed for not keeping the commandments? While he was in heaven.
    Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
    O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
    Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.

    Do you think Jesus had to learn about God's judgements and cleanse his ways?
    I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
    I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.
    Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
    From the Mouth of our Lord, Jesus Christ, or do you call Him Yeshua?
    Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.


  10. #610
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,962
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    Yes, you must deflect and change the subject away from your preaching and onto something else. You have become quite good at it. But I'm going to stick to the issue here and that is your preaching.

    Interesting how preaching against what you guys call "Mosaic Law" that you say nobody can follow, and those who try are "legalists", leads you to Christ? How did rejecting His Laws lead you to Him?

    If that were true then the Pharisees should have been model Christians.

    I believe what Paul is speaking about in Galatians is the Jews version of the Priesthood and it's "works of the Law" that was to symbolize Christ's Sacrifice. Isn't that what the sacrificial "works of the Law" were really all about? He was speaking about "works of the Law". Do you teach that Loving God and others are "Works of the Law" the Pharisees were performing to "bewitch" the Galatians? Like you would ever engage in that discussion.

    36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
    37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    38 This is the first and great commandment.
    39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
    40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. These two don't erase the Law and Prophets.

    The preaching that the "Tutor" is these Laws, and that we don't need them after we find Jesus is certainly not supported by the rest of the Bible. But I digress.

    Zechariahs knew Jesus when He came. What was the difference between Him and the Pharisees?

    Oops I forgot. To you it's either my way, or your way. God's Words really don't have much to do with it.

    Jesus never taught that the Pharisees were trying to "Earn" Salvation by following God's Laws EG.

    You preach this, the Pope preaches this, but Jesus never did.

    The Pharisees had created their own Religion, with their own version of the Christ's Sabbath, He created for man. Their own version of God's Holy Feasts, their own image of God created in the likeness of man. There is no getting around this truth if the Bible is the source.

    They also claimed to be Children of God. When Jesus showed them in the Same Scriptures they claim to abide by, that they had been deceived and were preaching falsehoods, did they repent? Or did they strike out at the vessel that showed them their error?

    My beef with you is that you preach things about the scriptures that are not true. You can not defend them with scriptures, they are simply falsehoods. We have all been deceived at one pint or another. You have been shown this error in your preaching. The scriptures show examples of the two choices you have.


    #1. When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

    Or

    #2.Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

    I don't think God intended us to "LOVE" Him by creating our own religion and telling falsehoods about His Word to justify some ancient man made religious traditions, or to "LOVE" others by teaching them these same untruths. It didn't work for the Mainstream Preachers of His time. I don't believe it will work for you according to the Scriptures.

    I am not the one deflecting, You are.

    and like I said, I am sick of your crap.
    mailmandan likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  11. #611
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,962
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

    That you preach God didn't give him.

    Duet. 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,
    13 To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

    I know what you preach. It just isn't the same as what the Word which became Flesh teaches.
    No, Abraham is still receiving it, All countries are being blessed as we speak in his name.

    That was BEFORE the law.

    I feel sorry for you. I really do.
    gb9 likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  12. #612
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,962
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph- View Post
    If you knew the law you'd know that James is in fact teaching the church to obey the law:


    "believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favoritism.2Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. 3If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” 4have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?"-James 2:1-4

    Here it is in the law:

    "you shall not be partial to the poor nor defer to the great, but you are to judge your neighbor fairly."-Leviticus 19:15




    He would be putting them under the condemnation of the law if he told them to keep these various laws in order to be justified (MADE righteous). But as it is, he is not doing it for that reason. He is explaining to them that showing no favoritism is HOW you keep the law 'love your neighbor as yourself'.


    "8If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”a you are doing right. 9But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers."-James 2:8-9


    See, the church thinks all you have to do is 'love your neighbor as yourself', not knowing that keeping the other laws, like the law forbidding favoritism, is how you do that. James is explaining that you aren't keeping the law 'love your neighbor as yourself' if you are not keeping the law to not show favoritism. See, loving others UPHOLDS the law of Moses, not replaces or negates it as the church thinks.
    You do not get it

    If you show favoritism, you are seen as sinners, Why? You have broken the law. What did he say?

    Whoever keeps the whole law. yet fails in ONE POINT is guilty of the WHOLE LAW

    He is telling them they are guilty. Why would you tell people they are guilty of the law. Then tell them to follow it?

    Thats crazy talk. He is exposing their sin, You know, the ones who are HEARERS, NOT DOERS. the ones who HAVE NEVER BEEN SAVED? or those who are babes still walking in the ways because they have not grown yet?


    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  13. #613
    Senior Member posthuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,748
    Rep Power
    432

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    Jesus never taught that the Pharisees were trying to "Earn" Salvation by following God's Laws

    Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father.
    There is one who accuses you:
    Moses, on whom you have set your hope.

    (John 5:45)

    You shall therefore keep my statutes and my rules;
    if a person does them, he shall live by them: I am the LORD.

    (Leviticus 18:5)


    For concerning the righteousness that is by the Law, Moses writes:
    "The man who does these things will live by them."

    (Romans 10:5)

    The Law, however, is not based on faith; on the contrary,
    "The one who does these things will live by them."

    (Galatians 3:12)


    . . . but "
    the just shall live by faith"

    Last edited by posthuman; April 16th, 2018 at 07:08 AM.
    good news gives health to the bones
    (Proverbs 15:30)

  14. #614
    Senior Member posthuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,748
    Rep Power
    432

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    Gen. 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

    That you preach God didn't give him.

    Duet. 10:12 And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,
    13 To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?

    I know what you preach. It just isn't the same as what the Word which became Flesh teaches.

    haven't you figured out yet that it's nonsense to assume that "my laws" in Genesis 26 is a reference to the Sinai covenant laws in Exodus & Deuteronomy & Leviticus??

    The Law, introduced 430 years later
    (Galatians 3:17)
    gb9 likes this.
    good news gives health to the bones
    (Proverbs 15:30)

  15. #615
    Senior Member posthuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,748
    Rep Power
    432

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    Actually it is for this very reason that Jesus changed the Priesthood.
    "when the priesthood is changed there is of necessity a change also of the law"

    why do you think this justifies breaking apart the Torah and selectively erasing jots and tittles?
    good news gives health to the bones
    (Proverbs 15:30)

  16. #616
    Senior Member mailmandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    14,637
    Rep Power
    506

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post

    I am not the one deflecting, You are.

    and like I said, I am sick of your crap.
    So it's not just me. He is not fooling us for one second with his perverted gospel of salvation by "grace plus law, faith plus works." He reminds me a lot of LoveGodForever with his continuous longwinded nonsense, false accusations and obsession with the Roman Catholic church. It's also a real shame to see so much zeal wasted on UNBELIEF (2 Corinthians 4:3,4).
    gb9 and eternally-gratefull like this.
    I'm not a bad guy. I'm just misunderstood.

    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

  17. #617
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,354
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    You do not get it

    If you show favoritism, you are seen as sinners, Why? You have broken the law. What did he say?

    Whoever keeps the whole law. yet fails in ONE POINT is guilty of the WHOLE LAW

    He is telling them they are guilty. Why would you tell people they are guilty of the law. Then tell them to follow it?

    Thats crazy talk. He is exposing their sin, You know, the ones who are HEARERS, NOT DOERS. the ones who HAVE NEVER BEEN SAVED? or those who are babes still walking in the ways because they have not grown yet?


    They are only guilty when the break the it.To violate even one the least of the law a person will be guilty of the whole wage (eternal separation)


    If the person is a believer they are released from the guilt because another paid the full wage.

  18. #618
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,354
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    why do you constantly say that the catholic church is false teaching, then when I say it, you want me to explain it. why don't you explain it??

    The Catholic church denies the grace of God. In doing so they have no salvation.

  19. #619
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,354
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    So what part is wrong? Is it what the Bible says the New Covenant is? Is it what the Bible says about the Priesthood? It seems I am only speaking against your ancient religious traditions, not what the Whole Bible teaches. If you can show otherwise please do.


    I'm still waiting for you to tell me why the Pope if a false preacher and why the Catholic doctrine is a false doctrine. This will explain a lot.
    The Pope is a false teacher because their is no what scripture calls a "daysman", as pertaining to what the eyes see an infallible umpire to stand between God not seen, and man seen .Its why they preach another Christ, another gospel.

    Even the Son of man Jesus denied being a daysman . When called good teacher(master) .He said only God not seen is good.
    Christian walk by faith the unseen not by sight as that seen.

  20. #620
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances

    Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    haven't you figured out yet that it's nonsense to assume that "my laws" in Genesis 26 is a reference to the Sinai covenant laws in Exodus & Deuteronomy & Leviticus??

    The Law, introduced 430 years later
    (Galatians 3:17)
    Abraham had God's Laws accept the Levitical Priesthood and its ceremonial, sacrificial "Works of the Law" for justification of sins. This is the "Law" that was "ADDED" to God's Commandments and Statutes, "Until the Seed should come".

    This Priesthood was given to the Levites.

    Heb. 7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood.

    Why can't you accept what is written in your own Bible?

Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Handwriting Challenge
    By AbigailZeke in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 237
    Last Post: September 13th, 2017, 07:07 AM
  2. What is Your Handwriting Style?
    By shawntc in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 29th, 2011, 02:25 PM