Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 563
Like Tree708Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

  1. #21
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    Seeking opinions on this question.

    I personally say no. As all of our sins have already been forgiven, there's no reason to ask afresh. Since God looks upon His children as never having sinned (as we have the righteousness of Jesus imputed to us) our fellowship with Him can not suffer.
    well i agree to be saved is forever

    if i being a born again adopted son .... sin

    MUST i ask for forgiveness to be saved uhhh again?

    no

    lol

    that is salvation dependant on self
    and works

    but i still do
    or at least try to when i mess up
    or even when im tempted to do something sinful


    i hate the feeling that comes from feeding my flesh

    and knowing my spirit hates these things
    i confess to God what i have done wrong
    (even though He knows already and i have already been made new)

    and i ask for strength
    for Him to break these things from me

    to help me acknowledge these sins before they happen

    to deliver me from temptation

    and to use me for good
    Last edited by NoNameMcgee; 1 Week Ago at 10:14 AM.
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    well i agree to be saved is forever

    if i being a born again adopted son .... sin

    MUST i ask for forgiveness to be saved uhhh again?

    no

    lol

    that is salvation dependant on self
    and works

    but i still do
    or at least try to when i mess up
    or even when im tempted to do something sinful


    i hate the feeling that comes from feeding my flesh

    and knowing my spirit hates these things
    i confess to God what i have done wrong
    (even though He knows already and i have already been made new)

    and i ask for strength
    for Him to break these things from me

    to help me acknowledge these sins before they happen

    to deliver me from temptation

    and to use me for good
    Amen If we habitually sin, God will correct us.
    NoNameMcgee likes this.

  3. #23
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,109
    Rep Power
    437

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    I think God wants us to confess our sins (1 john 1: 9) which is to admit our sin to God and acknowledge that we have done something against him. and it is for our benefit, Sins kept in secret without confessing them is like leaven, it destroys a person.

    But to ask forgiveness? That is the same as declaring you do not understand the grace of God. If you have to ask forgiveness. then what is your faith in to begin with?
    NoNameMcgee likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  4. #24
    Senior Member NoNameMcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,045
    Rep Power
    341

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    I think God wants us to confess our sins (1 john 1: 9) which is to admit our sin to God and acknowledge that we have done something against him. and it is for our benefit, Sins kept in secret without confessing them is like leaven, it destroys a person.

    But to ask forgiveness? That is the same as declaring you do not understand the grace of God. If you have to ask forgiveness. then what is your faith in to begin with?
    ya maybe asking for deliverance is a better way to put what i think we ought to do

    and THANK Him for His longsuffering and forgiveness
    Philippians 3:9
    9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    I think God wants us to confess our sins (1 john 1: 9) which is to admit our sin to God and acknowledge that we have done something against him. and it is for our benefit, Sins kept in secret without confessing them is like leaven, it destroys a person.

    But to ask forgiveness? That is the same as declaring you do not understand the grace of God. If you have to ask forgiveness. then what is your faith in to begin with?
    AMEN! Sadly most preachers mix sonship and fellowship

  6. #26
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,109
    Rep Power
    437

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    ya maybe asking for deliverance is a better way to put what i think we ought to do

    and THANK Him for His longsuffering and forgiveness
    yes ask for deliverance, But give yourself grace in case you mess up again, Otherwise you will just give up. as many I know have done, and walk away, why bother if you cant do it they say.

    NoNameMcgee likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  7. #27
    Senior Member peacefulbeliever's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2012
    Age
    65
    Posts
    3,556
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    I try to! IOW, when I realize that I acted in a way that is contrary to the way God would have me act - I immediately ask forgiveness . . . sometimes an action committed takes a while to realize - Oops, that wasn't good - then I ask forgiveness for that action.
    1ofthem likes this.
    Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Psalm 51:2
    Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad. Pro. 12:25
    Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Ps. 19:14
    The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations. Ps. 33:11
    We learn to walk spiritually the same way we learn to walk physically-by walking.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?



    Of course that doesn't mean we can sin without being ashamed

  9. #29
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    people are confusing salvation with growing in our relationship with God

    you don't loose your salvation when you sin or nobody would be saved...and that has been discussed to the nth degree

    however, John makes it plain that if we say we have no sin we are liars

    you see it again and again on this forum, that people mix up the concept of being honest before God and with yourself

    even David in the OT, asked that God would examine him by His Spirit

    some people seem to want to throw out the concept of asking forgiveness from those we have sinned against

    the motto seems to be 'it's all good'

    I am sure most people here admit they still sin and sometimes even on purpose. I am also sure that most understand the concept of desiring to grow in their walk with God

    yet, we still have this denial of asking for forgiveness. in this case, the question itself is misleading so people just say 'oh no. we are fine and we are still saved.'

    I mean seriously, do we become unmarried, if we are married, if we create an atmosphere that does not support the fact we are in a serious relationship?

    pretty much the same with God.

    again, the question is misleading and does not address serious and deeper issues

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by 7seasrekeyed View Post
    people are confusing salvation with growing in our relationship with God

    you don't loose your salvation when you sin or nobody would be saved...and that has been discussed to the nth degree

    however, John makes it plain that if we say we have no sin we are liars

    you see it again and again on this forum, that people mix up the concept of being honest before God and with yourself

    even David in the OT, asked that God would examine him by His Spirit

    some people seem to want to throw out the concept of asking forgiveness from those we have sinned against

    the motto seems to be 'it's all good'

    I am sure most people here admit they still sin and sometimes even on purpose. I am also sure that most understand the concept of desiring to grow in their walk with God

    yet, we still have this denial of asking for forgiveness. in this case, the question itself is misleading so people just say 'oh no. we are fine and we are still saved.'

    I mean seriously, do we become unmarried, if we are married, if we create an atmosphere that does not support the fact we are in a serious relationship?

    pretty much the same with God.

    again, the question is misleading and does not address serious and deeper issues
    AMEN SIS! That's the biblical truth

  11. #31
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,109
    Rep Power
    437

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    I look at it this way.

    If my son came and kept asking me for forgiveness even after he is up in years. I would start to be discouraged and wonder why he does not know I am a loving father who forgave him before he even did the sin.

    Now if my son comes and confesses their sin, And says I am sorry God I did it again. I have a way to relate to him, and continue to prove my faithfulness to him. I also know he knows me.

    Not asking forgiveness is not a cop out. I do not get why people think it is.
    NoNameMcgee likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  12. #32
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by LW97 View Post
    AMEN SIS! That's the biblical truth
    really?

    yet if you agree with what I wrote, then you are contradicting what you agreed with earlier

    what do you really believe and why are you going around digging up old threads and posting you agree without even knowing what the thread is about?

    what is really going on with you?

    you say you were just saved in Dec of last year so there is no way you could agree or disagree with most things because Bible study is a serious thing

    something is off.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    I look at it this way.

    If my son came and kept asking me for forgiveness even after he is up in years. I would start to be discouraged and wonder why he does not know I am a loving father who forgave him before he even did the sin.

    Now if my son comes and confesses their sin, And says I am sorry God I did it again. I have a way to relate to him, and continue to prove my faithfulness to him. I also know he knows me.

    Not asking forgiveness is not a cop out. I do not get why people think it is.
    You made a very good example!

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by 7seasrekeyed View Post
    really?

    yet if you agree with what I wrote, then you are contradicting what you agreed with earlier

    what do you really believe and why are you going around digging up old threads and posting you agree without even knowing what the thread is about?

    what is really going on with you?

    you say you were just saved in Dec of last year so there is no way you could agree or disagree with most things because Bible study is a serious thing

    something is off.
    Sorry, I was just looking for related posts.

    And what did you say?

    Correct this one:
    "people are confusing salvation with growing in our relationship with God

    you don't loose your salvation when you sin or nobody would be saved"

    In this one however you are right:
    "
    you say you were just saved in Dec of last year so there is no way you could agree or disagree with most things because Bible study is a serious thing"

  15. #35
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by LW97 View Post


    Of course that doesn't mean we can sin without being ashamed
    well that is strange

    if you would understand the concept here, you would understand we no longer need to be ashamed BECAUSE we are forgiven

    what do you understand salvation to be? I would really like to know, because your posts are not adding up

  16. #36
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by LW97 View Post
    Sorry, I was just looking for related posts.

    And what did you say?

    Correct this one:
    "people are confusing salvation with growing in our relationship with God

    you don't loose your salvation when you sin or nobody would be saved"

    In this one however you are right:
    "
    you say you were just saved in Dec of last year so there is no way you could agree or disagree with most things because Bible study is a serious thing"

    what do you understand salvation is?

    I would really like to have an explanation from you

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by 7seasrekeyed View Post
    what do you understand salvation is?

    I would really like to have an explanation from you
    What salvation is for me? Realizing you are sinner and trusting in his work on the cross.

    I just said one thing: if we continue in habitual sin and feel no sorrow, we aren't gonna be happy.

  18. #38
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,594
    Rep Power
    112

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by LW97 View Post
    What salvation is for me? Realizing you are sinner and trusting in his work on the cross.

    I just said one thing: if we continue in habitual sin and feel no sorrow, we aren't gonna be happy.
    nope

    I did not ask what salvation is to you

    I would like to understand what YOU understand salvation actually is

    I am asking because your responses are conflicting and you do not seem to offer biblical reasons for agreeing or not agreeing

    I just said one thing: if we continue in habitual sin and feel no sorrow, we aren't gonna be happy.
    actually, it will be much worse than that

    if you continue habitually in sin, the Bible indicates you may not be saved at all

    so again, I am not sure what is really going on with you

    you can answer or not

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by 7seasrekeyed View Post
    if you continue habitually in sin, the Bible indicates you may not be saved at all
    The Bible doesn't say that.

    And salvation means getting saved from hellfire.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    467
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    I am talking about chastisement.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. time for christians to expose the enemy
    By preacha24_7 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: February 28th, 2018, 12:19 AM
  2. Question, should Christians be happy and joyful all the time?
    By Miri in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: October 13th, 2017, 04:43 PM
  3. Why do some Christians feel Guilty all the time?
    By ember in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: May 24th, 2016, 09:40 AM
  4. Chinese Christians see bible for the first time.
    By Sophia1993 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 21st, 2013, 04:11 AM