Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 660 of 706
Like Tree896Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

  1. #641
    Senior Member HeRoseFromTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Posts
    13,259
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    It just goes to show how we can't depend on our own experiences in life and how we were taught to define who Jesus is and what He wants from us by our own reasoning skills.

    We need a total renewal of our minds and we can only get that by reading and hearing the Word and by submitting to the Holy Spirit in us. We all have experiences in life that make us who we are and how we perceive ourselves and others. We see everything from our own individual mindsets.

    My experiences with family and religion were to always try to measure up and be worthy. The daily trying to succeed had ups and downs. Depending on the day or the person or my strength and mood for the day. The word I used in another post to describe it is "PRECARIOUS"

    It means we are dangerously lacking in stability or security... Subject to chance.....based on unproved or uncertain premises... Archaic...Dependent on the will or favor of another.

    We are in desperate need of a daily mind renewal in the Holy Spirit.
    My point was that since the "weeping and wailing" approach to repentance is not the normal Christian experience (as far as I can tell), those who haven't been affected by it have no need to be delivered from it. The constant framing of the discussion that implies everyone needs to be delivered from that mindset is quite tiresome. Physician heal thyself.
    This is the work of God: that you believe into the one [the father] set apart. John 6:29

    Interlinear Bible ... Interlinear LXX ... BibleHub Interlinear ... theWord ... Azal River (Zechariah 14:5) ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  2. #642
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    The one who is continuously (Greek present tense) sowing to his own corrupt, sinful nature which is opposed to God and unrenewed by the Holy Spirit shall of the flesh reap corruption. Our life here is sowing of one kind or another. But he who sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap everlasting life. In opposition to corruption, eternal life is produced by the Holy Spirit in those who put their faith (belief, trust, reliance) in Jesus Christ for salvation.
    Thanks bro
    mailmandan likes this.

  3. #643


    Cee
    Cee is online now
    Senior Member Cee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,889
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    And this is what it means to walk in newness of life. We are daily learning about Jesus and our relationship to Him. So each day our minds are being transformed into agreement with Him. Putting off the old manner of life and putting on Jesus.

    The idea of weeping and wailing is not what is being discribed for us to do as believers when it comes to true repentence. Someone brought up communion and the same thing applies there too. We proclaim the Lord's death till He comes. What He did for us when He died is our right of way before God.

    Communion is a time of remembering how Jesus died on the cross making a way for us so there is NO sin between us and God anymore. When the Bible speaks of coming "unworthily" I believe that has to do with someone who doesn't have Jesus. Because those who HAVE JESUS are NOW WORTHY IN HIM.
    Repentance is a change of mind about God. It’s not only leaving what’s behind us, but also entering what’s in front of us. The act of turning to God also turns us away from things not of Him. As we understand how good and kind He is, our hearts change, we seek His ways, we delight in His desires for us, and we trust Him. The old former ways of corruption are no longer as enticing because we have found something far better in Him. Paul counted everything he valued in the past as dung compared to knowing Him.

    If we learn only to repent to get out of sin, then our lives will continually need to be filled with sin to grow in Him. But Scripture says the sons follow the Spirit, He draws us near to Him, if He says go left we go left, right we go right, His continual word is in our heart and as we agree with His leading we are repenting, continually turning to Him, moment by moment, being pruned and purified by Him, until we see Him as we also are known. Paul says he forgot all the things in the past that he might keep running forward to attain the UPWARD call of Christ.

    He is the Truth, Way, and Life. And we get to partake of Him. He is our exceedingly great reward. His Spirit is part of our promised inheritance. The Jews walked with Him in an Ark, but now we ARE His Ark. His tabernacle. Our spirit is joined with His. And when we take communion we express these realities together in remembrance of Him. We come to Him worthily by understanding and honoring what is available through eating of Him the bread of life and drinking of Him our reconciliation with God.
    Last edited by Cee; 6 Days Ago at 04:58 PM.
    Gimme cooookieeee.

  4. #644
    Senior Member HeRoseFromTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Posts
    13,259
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    If we learn only to repent to get out of sin, then our lives will continually need to be filled with sin to grow in Him. But Scripture says the sons follow the Spirit, He draws us near to Him, if He says go left we go left, right we go right, His continual word is in our heart and as we agree with His leading we are repenting, continually turning to Him, moment by moment, being pruned and purified by Him, until we see Him as we also are known. Paul says he forgot all the things in the past that he might keep running forward to attain the UPWARD call of Christ.
    Can you show me an example in the bible where man's repentance wasn't about turning from sin to GOD? And really you should learn to speak for only yourself instead of all mankind because the latter part of your statement doesn't speak to a reality I know at all. In fact it makes absolutely no sense.
    This is the work of God: that you believe into the one [the father] set apart. John 6:29

    Interlinear Bible ... Interlinear LXX ... BibleHub Interlinear ... theWord ... Azal River (Zechariah 14:5) ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  5. #645
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,174
    Rep Power
    48

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    I "hope"not or I'm SCREWED!!!! Since we sin in word, thought, and deed (or lack of deed). I ask for forgiveness to the sins I realize, some G-d brings (most... G-d brings to my attention at some point; His Holy Spirit convicts me). But if His Blood was not powerful enough to cover all may past sins, present sins, and future sins WITHOUT MY WORKS OF ASKING FOR FORGIVENESS.... LIKE I SAID I WOULD BE SCREWED.... and end result end up in hell. THANK G-D I DO NOT HAVE TO RELY ON MYSELF AND SELF WORKS TO STAY SAVED.... ASKING IS A WORK!!!!!!
    Last edited by mcubed; 6 Days Ago at 05:51 PM.

  6. #646


    Cee
    Cee is online now
    Senior Member Cee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,889
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeRoseFromTheDead View Post
    Can you show me an example in the bible where man's repentance wasn't about turning from sin to GOD? And really you should learn to speak for only yourself instead of all mankind because the latter part of your statement doesn't speak to a reality I know at all. In fact it makes absolutely no sense.
    Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand. The focus on this statement is turning to Jesus. He doesn’t tell them they are sinners, He walks around crying out to turn to Him. At hand is near you, in front of you.

    In fact, Jesus also walks around to His disciples telling them to follow Him also no mention of sin. Simply follow Me. You would be hard pressed to find Jesus calling His disciples sinners who need to repent, but we do see them continually “believing” more and more. I believe they are repenting through following Him.

    Well, just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it’s not available to you, but I’ll keep your feedback in mind thank you. So you said the last part, do you mean Jesus being our bread of life and reconciliation with God or us being His temple? I can give you Scriptures for each.
    Last edited by Cee; 6 Days Ago at 06:24 PM.
    joaniemarie likes this.
    Gimme cooookieeee.

  7. #647
    Senior Member HeRoseFromTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Posts
    13,259
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand. The focus on this statement is turning to Jesus. He doesn’t tell them they are sinners, He walks around crying out to turn to Him. At hand is near you, in front of you.

    In fact, Jesus also walks around to His disciples telling them to follow Him also no mention of sin. Simply follow Me. You would be hard pressed to find Jesus calling His disciples sinners who need to repent, but we do see them continually “believing” more and more. I believe they are repenting through following Him.

    Well, just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it’s not available to you, but I’ll keep your feedback in mind thank you. So you said the last part, do you mean Jesus being our bread of life and reconciliation with God or us being His temple? I can give you Scriptures for each.
    All of those people were baptized into repentance from sin. Both John and Jesus' disciples were doing so while he only taught.

    No I meant the last part of the sentince I bolded. Sorry for the confusion.
    This is the work of God: that you believe into the one [the father] set apart. John 6:29

    Interlinear Bible ... Interlinear LXX ... BibleHub Interlinear ... theWord ... Azal River (Zechariah 14:5) ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  8. #648


    Cee
    Cee is online now
    Senior Member Cee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,889
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeRoseFromTheDead View Post
    All of those people were baptized into repentance from sin. Both John and Jesus' disciples were doing so while he only taught.

    No I meant the last part of the sentince I bolded. Sorry for the confusion.
    No problem on the confusion, okay so some of Jesus’ disciples are recorded to follow John, but not all. But let’s assume all were followers of John, John’s ministry was to prepare the way of the Lord. He was to point them to Jesus. But let’s again assume he taught them to not sin, of that time before Christ to not sin would be to follow the Law. Exactly what the Pharisees and Sadducees were already teaching. Now we know that none of them were righteous by following the Law, John’s disciples included. So there was still plenty of room for Jesus to tell them they were sinners, they were going to Hell, or any of the things we believe repentance is today. And I understand the need for people to understand those things, but if it doesn’t lead to turning to God in my opinion it’s not true repentance.

    Many times people think if they know they are sinners or hate their sin, it’s repentance, but this leaves them still condemned and not free in Christ. Because we turn to Him for freedom. Not to our own ability. We need His grace. Continually coming boldly to His throne of grace.

    And surprisingly, we don’t see Jesus telling them those things either, it appears following Him was enough to lead them to believe. My point in all of this, is that repentance is a focus on God, following Him by His Spirit, and even as we repent out of sin, we continue to repent through relationship with Him. To be a disciple is to learn of Him. We are discipled by knowing Him. And Scripture teaches us this is eternal life. Knowing this, repenting unto eternal life has different meaning.
    Last edited by Cee; 6 Days Ago at 06:59 PM.
    joaniemarie likes this.
    Gimme cooookieeee.

  9. #649
    Senior Member HeRoseFromTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Posts
    13,259
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    And surprisingly, we don’t see Jesus telling them those things either, it appears following Him was enough to lead them to believe. My point in all of this, is that repentance is a focus on God, following Him by His Spirit, and even as we repent out of sin, we continue to repent through relationship with Him. To be a disciple is to learn of Him. We are discipled by knowing Him. And Scripture teaches us this is eternal life. Knowing this, repenting unto eternal life has different meaning.
    Repentance is not focusing on or following GOD. It's a change of mind about one's own condition that causes a turning away from things GOD doesn't like to follow him by faith.
    This is the work of God: that you believe into the one [the father] set apart. John 6:29

    Interlinear Bible ... Interlinear LXX ... BibleHub Interlinear ... theWord ... Azal River (Zechariah 14:5) ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  10. #650
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,031
    Rep Power
    152

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Repentance is a change of mind about God. It’s not only leaving what’s behind us, but also entering what’s in front of us. The act of turning to God also turns us away from things not of Him. As we understand how good and kind He is, our hearts change, we seek His ways, we delight in His desires for us, and we trust Him. The old former ways of corruption are no longer as enticing because we have found something far better in Him. Paul counted everything he valued in the past as dung compared to knowing Him.

    If we learn only to repent to get out of sin, then our lives will continually need to be filled with sin to grow in Him. But Scripture says the sons follow the Spirit, He draws us near to Him, if He says go left we go left, right we go right, His continual word is in our heart and as we agree with His leading we are repenting, continually turning to Him, moment by moment, being pruned and purified by Him, until we see Him as we also are known. Paul says he forgot all the things in the past that he might keep running forward to attain the UPWARD call of Christ.

    He is the Truth, Way, and Life. And we get to partake of Him. He is our exceedingly great reward. His Spirit is part of our promised inheritance. The Jews walked with Him in an Ark, but now we ARE His Ark. His tabernacle. Our spirit is joined with His. And when we take communion we express these realities together in remembrance of Him. We come to Him worthily by understanding and honoring what is available through eating of Him the bread of life and drinking of Him our reconciliation with God.

    Very well written out post. AMEN! Thank you for this post Cee. I especially liked this part you wrote;

    It’s not only leaving what’s behind us, but also entering what’s in front of us. The act of turning to God also turns us away from things not of Him. As we understand how good and kind He is, our hearts change, we seek His ways, we delight in His desires for us, and we trust Him. The old former ways of corruption are no longer as enticing because we have found something far better in Him. Paul counted everything he valued in the past as dung compared to knowing Him.


    Cee, laura_charlotte and garee like this.

  11. #651


    Cee
    Cee is online now
    Senior Member Cee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,889
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeRoseFromTheDead View Post
    Repentance is not focusing on or following GOD. It's a change of mind about one's own condition that causes a turning away from things GOD doesn't like to follow him by faith.
    Its interesting that you say repentance leads to following God, but you don’t agree it is the process of following God. Even though I’ve shown you that Jesus doesn’t do any of those things. And further Scripture tells us it’s the goodness and kindness of God that leads us to repentance. That’s why the gospel is good news. The good news leads us to changing our mind about God. The idea it’s simply about our condition, is why so many struggle in Christ today. They are taught to repent to get out of sin, but not to stay out of sin. Let me say it like this, Jesus says repent to enter the Kingdom, correct?

    Lets look at the Kingdom. A Kingdom is where the will of the King is both enforced and obeyed. Jesus says pray like this thy Kingdom come, thy will be done. Why do we follow Him? And how do we follow Him? These are questions to ask our own heart, if we follow Him through reading and studying Scripture only what about the tens of thousands of different denominations are they all following Him? Even Scripture teaches us we must follow His Spirit, He is our Lord. Scripture says we are renewed in the spirit of our minds, this is a continual process of repentance or changing our mind. But I have experienced the overwhelming focus in Scripture is not on man’s condition, but about God’s relationship to man.

    Here are are a few examples: Jesus says we shall now call Him Father, Jesus calls us friend, John says He is our Teacher, and Paul says we are His bride. By the Spirit we call Him “ABBA”.
    Last edited by Cee; 6 Days Ago at 07:25 PM.
    garee likes this.
    Gimme cooookieeee.

  12. #652


    Cee
    Cee is online now
    Senior Member Cee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,889
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Here’s another way to look at it, when we hear a testimony what does it do to our heart in regard to how we see God? It shows us His goodness, His kindness, and His nearness and it leads us to trusting Him deeper. The question isn’t do we have to ask forgiveness, the question is why wouldn’t we want to have such an incredible loving God directing our life?
    Last edited by Cee; 6 Days Ago at 07:34 PM.
    Gimme cooookieeee.

  13. #653
    Senior Member preston39's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2017
    Age
    78
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    Seeking opinions on this question.

    I personally say no. As all of our sins have already been forgiven, there's no reason to ask afresh. Since God looks upon His children as never having sinned (as we have the righteousness of Jesus imputed to us) our fellowship with Him can not suffer.
    B...,
    Afraid you are wrong.

    The sin we may commit tomorrow has not been forgiven. Just the graceful right to have it forgiven upon prayerful request.

    Why do we have a Lord's prayer which the Bible says use daily which includes...."FORGIVE US OF OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESS PASS AGAINST US"...?

    We are to ask G-d's forgiveness as soon as possible after commission. We can ask for forgiveness with unlimited times.
    Last edited by preston39; 5 Days Ago at 09:56 PM.
    Blessings to you.

    preston39

    "without Christ you are alone......you can't handle it"!

  14. #654
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2018
    Age
    67
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Once we accept Christ as savior, our sins are forgiven, and our position in Him is secure. As far as salvation is concerned, we never need to have those sins forgiven again. However, if we want to stay in right relationship with God, we need to constantly confess (admit) our sins to him, and ask Him to give us victory over them.
    garee likes this.

  15. #655
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,353
    Rep Power
    103

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    Seeking opinions on this question.

    I personally say no. As all of our sins have already been forgiven, there's no reason to ask afresh. Since God looks upon His children as never having sinned (as we have the righteousness of Jesus imputed to us) our fellowship with Him can not suffer.
    Only if they want to remain in fellowship with God. If there is no fellowship no reason to ask.

  16. #656
    Senior Member mailmandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    14,637
    Rep Power
    506

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by preston39 View Post
    B...,
    Afraid you are wrong.

    The sin we may commit tomorrow has not been forgiven. Just the graceful right to have it forgiven upon prayerful request.

    Why do we have a Lord's prayer which the Bible says use daily which includes...."FORGIVE US OF OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESS PASS AGAINST US"...?

    We are to ask G-d's forgiveness as soon as possible after commission. We can ask for forgiveness with unlimited times.
    Are you implying that we must confess each sin that we commit as we commit them (keep a specific inventory) as an additional requirement to remain saved and if we forget a sin we are toast!?
    I'm not a bad guy. I'm just misunderstood.

    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

  17. #657


    CS1
    CS1 is offline
    Moderator CS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    53

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Are you implying that we must confess each sin that we commit as we commit them (keep a specific inventory) as an additional requirement to remain saved and if we forget a sin we are toast!?

    Keep a specific inventory ? I have never heard of doctrine were we as Christians are to do such a thing. The Word of God is clear , if you sin you have to repent. this normative is of confessing our sins starts in the old testament . One example is Ps 32:5
    “ I acknowledged my sin to You,
    And my iniquity I have not hidden.
    I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
    And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.”

    And Isaiah 1:18
    ““Come now, and let us reason together,”
    Says the LORD,
    “Though your sins are like scarlet,
    They shall be as white as snow;
    Though they are red like crimson,
    They shall be as wool.”
    God is saying here let me correct you the word in Hebrew is Yakach a verb meaning to: correct, rebuke and plead. No one is correcting God, but God is saying I’m willing to help you or us and He is saying come.

    Jas 5:16
    Confess your trespasses[fn] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
    1John 1:9
    “ If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
    The context here is nothing about keeping an inventory , that is a false narrative . If you have to keep and inventory you have not asked or confessed your sin and have not been forgiven. In every Biblical point where confession and sin are given, it is to be done immediately , we are not to wait. We are to forgive in the same fashion as Said by our Lord In Matt 6 & 7.

    THERE ARE NOT ADDITIONAL REQUIRMENTS to remain saved; that too is a false narrative, confession and self–examination is the act of one who is serious about their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. This is the context of 1 John chapter 1. These self-proclaimed theologians are causing confusion they should read Matt 23 and do what the Lord said .

    If you pracices sin, Habitually do what you want to do while knowing it is sin , you have serious relationship issue with the Lord you profess to know AND LOVE. the word of God is clear there is no sacrifice for you.

    Hebrews 10: 26
    For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrificefor sins,"



    Jesus said IF you Love me you will Obey me. Have you obeyed fully? can anyone say they have? then you need to ask forgiveness and the Good News He is Faithful and Just to forgive us. Only those who have not fully surrendered their life to God, will come up with this Lie of the devil. Out of this false teaching of “ no need to ask forgiveness”

    has came into the church to excuse :

    Gay life styles, drunkenness, smoking weed, divorce and remarrying over and over again. Sexual relation before marriage , and a Form of godliness but denying the power thereof.

    Yes we are to ask forgiveness; run as far as you can from those who say you do not. When you offend your mother and father do you not ask them to forgive you or to your own children ? then with all the examples in the word of God how does one come up with such a foolish perversion of Gods word to justify sin. And Pervert Grace, the word of God and Salvation . Be free people from your torment you know in your heart of Hearts the Holy Spirit will lead you the way to go. I will ask Forgiveness and confess my sins & faults and I will be forgiven because I take seriously the relationship I have with the Lord and the context of a Holy God which none will see with out holiness and that is from the Lord.

    Be free Brother & sister ask of the Lord and HE will answer you.
    Last edited by CS1; 5 Days Ago at 12:41 PM.
    it Don't mean a thing if you an't got the King

  18. #658
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,962
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
    Keep a specific inventory ? I have never heard of doctrine were we as Christians are to do such a thing. The Word of God is clear , if you sin you have to repent. this normative is of confessing our sins starts in the old testament . One example is Ps 32:5
    “ I acknowledged my sin to You,
    And my iniquity I have not hidden.
    I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
    And You forgave the iniquity of my sin.”

    And Isaiah 1:18
    ““Come now, and let us reason together,”
    Says the LORD,
    “Though your sins are like scarlet,
    They shall be as white as snow;
    Though they are red like crimson,
    They shall be as wool.”
    God is saying here let me correct you the word in Hebrew is Yakach a verb meaning to: correct, rebuke and plead. No one is correcting God, but God is saying I’m willing to help you or us and He is saying come.

    Jas 5:16
    Confess your trespasses[fn] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.”
    1John 1:9
    “ If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
    The context here is nothing about keeping an inventory , that is a false narrative . If you have to keep and inventory you have not asked or confessed your sin and have not been forgiven. In every Biblical point where confession and sin are given, it is to be done immediately , we are not to wait. We are to forgive in the same fashion as Said by our Lord In Matt 6 & 7.

    THERE ARE NOT ADDITIONAL REQUIRMENTS to remain saved; that too is a false narrative, confession and self–examination is the act of one who is serious about their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. This is the context of 1 John chapter 1. These self-proclaimed theologians are causing confusion they should read Matt 23 and do what the Lord said .

    If you pracices sin, Habitually do what you want to do while knowing it is sin , you have serious relationship issue with the Lord you profess to know AND LOVE. the word of God is clear there is no sacrifice for you.

    Hebrews 10: 26
    For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrificefor sins,"


    the word of God is clear there is no sacrifice for you. Hebrews 10: 26
    “ For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrificefor sins,



    Jesus said IF you Love me you will Obey me. Have you obeyed fully? can anyone say they have? then you need to ask forgiveness and the Good News He is Faithful and Just to forgive us. Only those who have not fully surrendered their li9fe to God come up with this Lie of the devil. Out of this false teaching of “ no need to ask forgiveness” has came into the church to excuse :

    Gay life styles, drunkenness, smoking weed, divorce and remarrying over and over again. Sexual relation before marriage , and a Form of godliness but denying the power thereof.

    Yes we are to ask forgiveness run as far as you can from those who say you do not. When you offend your mother and father do you not ask them to forgive you or to your own children ? then without the examples in the word of God how does one come up with such a foolish perversion of Gods word to justify sin. And Pervert Grace, the word of God and Salvation . Be free people from your torment you know in your heart of Hearts the Holy Spirit will lead you the way to go. I will ask Forgiveness and confess my sins & faults and I will be forgiven because I take seriously the relationship I have with the Lord and the context of a Holy God which none will see with out holiness and that is from the Lord.

    Be free Brother & sister ask of the Lord and HE will answer you.
    so if i get caught doing something, and lie about it, and never ask god to forgive me, am i still saved, or did i lose salvation because i did not ask god for forgiveness?
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  19. #659


    CS1
    CS1 is offline
    Moderator CS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    53

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    so if i get caught doing something, and lie about it, and never ask god to forgive me, am i still saved, or did i lose salvation because i did not ask god for forgiveness?

    if you are a liar and you are not led by the Holy Spirit to ask forgiveness for lying then you have a serious relationship issue with God. the Strawman you keep bringing up and illustration does not change the word of God . If you are liar = one who Habitually lies and think you do not have to ask forgiveness for being a practicing Liar , that person has a serious issue with the relationship they profess to have with the Lord.
    it Don't mean a thing if you an't got the King

  20. #660
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,962
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Must Christians Ask For Forgiveness Every Time They Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
    if you are a liar and you are not led by the Holy Spirit to ask forgiveness for lying then you have a serious relationship issue with God. the Strawman you keep bringing up and illustration does not change the word of God . If you are liar = one who Habitually lies and think you do not have to ask forgiveness for being a practicing Liar , that person has a serious issue with the relationship they profess to have with the Lord.
    seems strange you would say this. I actually commited many sins

    1. i failed to love god,
    2, i failed to love my neighbor,
    and put my needs ahead of two people, he person i sinned against that i got caught for, and the person i lied to
    3. I have the in of pride, where i put self over anything else in those moments
    4.i broke the command which says you will not bear false witness.

    So whcih sin should i Confess? All of them right? Yet how many of us actually do this, actually see the whole picture,

    and what if out of fear or shame i did not feel i could go to God? Or others, because i was scared and did not understand grace. So i never confessed any of these sins, and eventually forgot i even did them (which i did alot when i was enslaved with legalistic tendancies and did not understand grace.

    i did not ask or insinuate i was a habitual liar, please do not add to my post,

    i ask again, i committed at oeast 4 willful sins, i knew what i was doing when i did them, in i in danger of losing my salvation because i did not confess those sins to god? Can you answer please?
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Question, should Christians be happy and joyful all the time?
    By Miri in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 4 Weeks Ago, 10:01 PM
  2. time for christians to expose the enemy
    By preacha24_7 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: February 28th, 2018, 12:19 AM
  3. Why do some Christians feel Guilty all the time?
    By ember in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: May 24th, 2016, 09:40 AM
  4. Chinese Christians see bible for the first time.
    By Sophia1993 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 21st, 2013, 04:11 AM