Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88
Like Tree81Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    21,782
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    484

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarnestQ View Post
    Really? I am curious to know what you think is more important (to humans) than salvation.
    Really? You've known me for a year or two and don't know?

    GOD!
    Dino246 likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  2. #22
    Senior Member EarnestQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,775
    Rep Power
    106

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Really? You've known me for a year or two and don't know?

    GOD!
    I see. Thank you.
    Depleted likes this.
    The best way to help others understand and experience God's love better is to understand and experience it better yourself.

    Understanding and experiencing God's love better everyday is the most important task for anyone who considers him/herself to be a Christian.


    Love without truth is deception. Truth without love is arrogance. God's love and God's truth balanced is God's wisdom.

    The more one promotes himself and/or his ideas, the less he cares about eternal life for others.

  3. #23
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,002
    Rep Power
    204

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Authority To Teach


    1. What does it really mean to teach?

    A. Everything we do, or say, is in some way "teaching" those around us... this is Biblical.
    B. We're all witnesses, ambassadors, and stewards... the only question is whether we are good ones or bad ones.
    C. Everyone is a teacher, to some degree... though not all have the special office of "teacher" within the church.


    2. If all Christians are witnesses and teachers, to some degree, then we ALL have both INHERENT AUTHORITY, and INHERENT OBLIGATION, to speak, and share, whatever God has taught us in life.

    A. We all have a duty, and obligation, to share the gospel, and share whatever God has taught us in life.
    B. We all have this duty and obligation by sheer virtue of being saved, and being God's children.


    3. However, having the authority and obligation to share, and to witness, does not mean we have special authority to represent our church or denomination.

    A. We may not all have special authority to represent our church as official teachers.
    B. We may not all have special authority to REPRESENT and SPEAK FOR our church, officially.
    C. People are ordained to show they are APPROVED, and have SPECIAL AUTHORITY to speak for, and represent, their church and denomination.
    D. Others are officially approved by their church as teachers, but are not yet ordained as pastors... so these people have official authority to represent their church, but not as much authority as an ordained pastor.


    4. The problem is not whether or not someone "teaches", as we are all supposed to teach others... the problem is whether or not someone CLAIMS to have more authority than he actually has.


    A. We are not called to withhold ourselves from teaching and witnessing... we are called to be HONEST.
    B. We should only CLAIM to have whatever authority we actually have.
    C. If you are NOT ordained and NOT sanctioned as an official teacher by your church... then fine... teach your friends about Jesus, and be HONEST that you are not an officially sanctioned minister.
    D. We can all share, and witness, and teach... as long as we are HONEST about the degree of AUTHORITY we have.



    Conclusion:
    This really isn't about teaching, it's about being HONEST.



    Addendum:
    There is plenty of very rudimentary scripture to support everything above.
    However, this information is so rudimentary that I didn't bother sourcing all the scriptures.
    I hope this is just common sense to everyone.
    I'm not going to post again, or bother defending anything I've said; everything above is extremely basic, and extremely rudimentary.
    Rezin and Nehemiah6 like this.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    21,782
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    484

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    Authority To Teach


    1. What does it really mean to teach?

    A. Everything we do, or say, is in some way "teaching" those around us... this is Biblical.
    B. We're all witnesses, ambassadors, and stewards... the only question is whether we are good ones or bad ones.
    C. Everyone is a teacher, to some degree... though not all have the special office of "teacher" within the church.


    2. If all Christians are witnesses and teachers, to some degree, then we ALL have both INHERENT AUTHORITY, and INHERENT OBLIGATION, to speak, and share, whatever God has taught us in life.

    A. We all have a duty, and obligation, to share the gospel, and share whatever God has taught us in life.
    B. We all have this duty and obligation by sheer virtue of being saved, and being God's children.


    3. However, having the authority and obligation to share, and to witness, does not mean we have special authority to represent our church or denomination.

    A. We may not all have special authority to represent our church as official teachers.
    B. We may not all have special authority to REPRESENT and SPEAK FOR our church, officially.
    C. People are ordained to show they are APPROVED, and have SPECIAL AUTHORITY to speak for, and represent, their church and denomination.
    D. Others are officially approved by their church as teachers, but are not yet ordained as pastors... so these people have official authority to represent their church, but not as much authority as an ordained pastor.


    4. The problem is not whether or not someone "teaches", as we are all supposed to teach others... the problem is whether or not someone CLAIMS to have more authority than he actually has.


    A. We are not called to withhold ourselves from teaching and witnessing... we are called to be HONEST.
    B. We should only CLAIM to have whatever authority we actually have.
    C. If you are NOT ordained and NOT sanctioned as an official teacher by your church... then fine... teach your friends about Jesus, and be HONEST that you are not an officially sanctioned minister.
    D. We can all share, and witness, and teach... as long as we are HONEST about the degree of AUTHORITY we have.



    Conclusion:
    This really isn't about teaching, it's about being HONEST.



    Addendum:
    There is plenty of very rudimentary scripture to support everything above.
    However, this information is so rudimentary that I didn't bother sourcing all the scriptures.
    I hope this is just common sense to everyone.
    I'm not going to post again, or bother defending anything I've said; everything above is extremely basic, and extremely rudimentary.
    Agreeing, (like usual), with almost everything you say. It's that "almost" part that we tend to hit together though.

    Sharing, speaking, and telling what we've learned/know is different than the "teaching" thingy. I don't have problems with people doing those things. What I have problems with are those who come here to educate us, as if they know at what level we are in our education, or even who we are.

    Ever notice the ones who "preach at" never know what they're talking about, and yet seem to think they're impressing us with grand knowledge? In which case, they're not sharing, telling, or even really speaking at all, but it takes a whole bunch of words to say nothing.
    Stunnedbygrace likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,186
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    I would suggest that as we study to seek His approval and the approval of men according to the commandment that works in us . He not seen is the teaching authority. In that way one is our teacher/Master and just as we are no call no man on earth infallible teacher(Daysman) . Just as in the same way we are to call no man on earth father. We preach Christ the preacher, our teacher. He alone is the one Spirit who gives us ears to hear

    Even the Son of man refused to be called a daysman making God a man as us .God is not a man as us. He is the Spirit of truth who warns us of those who do say we need a mankind to fulfill His promised teaching ministry as if he was serves by human hands and needed something from the clay that he uses to form Christ in us.

  6. #26
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,002
    Rep Power
    204

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Agreeing, (like usual), with almost everything you say. It's that "almost" part that we tend to hit together though.

    Sharing, speaking, and telling what we've learned/know is different than the "teaching" thingy. I don't have problems with people doing those things. What I have problems with are those who come here to educate us, as if they know at what level we are in our education, or even who we are.

    Ever notice the ones who "preach at" never know what they're talking about, and yet seem to think they're impressing us with grand knowledge? In which case, they're not sharing, telling, or even really speaking at all, but it takes a whole bunch of words to say nothing.


    Despite my efforts to be clear, concise, biblical, and logical, your response was to commit yourself to the logical fallacy of equivocating on terms in order to keep up the argument.


    Hmmm.

    I like you, and I know you have good intentions.... but... you've presented better arguments.
    : )

    I realize this thread is just a backlash against some nutty people you've been arguing with, but we most need to attend to rationality when we are the most upset.


    Depleted, I hope you're doing well, and I'll pop in here once in a blue moon to see how people are doing.
    That's all I have time for.
    I can't spend anymore time on CC.
    See you somewhere down the road.

    Take care.
    Depleted likes this.

  7. #27
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,943
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    I see lots of people starting threads to teach stuff they deem important. In doing so, they deem themselves as teachers. If I ask them "By whose authority," they will say "By God's authority." But that's not the question I'm asking. Well, it is, but it isn't.

    I've known many "teachers" in my life. Most of them cannot teach. That makes them bogus teachers spewing forth a little truth in a sea of junk. When I was gullible, I used to think, "If someone teaches, they must be a teacher." And, because of that, I ended up believing a sea of junk with a little bit of truth mixed in.

    I've also known many teachers who were great teachers. Their words I could believe. And, so, I asked them, "By whose authority do you teach?" And, the answer often included, "by God's authority," but it was not the only answer. A story came through that matched every time. It always had to do with a willingness to learn and a deep desire to learn. They would learn from anyone who could give them one phrase of truth. And then they'd ask, "But is it true?" Instead of asking the person, they would put in hours of effort to learn in a multitude of ways. And they would pray -- a lot. Always seeking God's guidance in the learning.

    And then they'd check with those they trusted to see if they might have found the truth in it. And the ones trusted would critique it. (Not "criticize." "Critique.") And in doing so, they'd work it out to an agreement. And they would also pray earnestly to gain God's truth.

    And the ones trusted would pray for the person. Often for weeks or months, before they came back and said to the person, "You are gifted in teaching." And the one that was said to would pray and research for months, possibly years, to see if that was true, and then come back for more critique.

    And they would end up praying and agreeing again. And in that agreeing began the authority. The teacher was always gifted to teach, but the authority was given by learned, honest people seeking God's answer. From there, the student began preparing to teach, by doing the obvious next thing -- studying the subject matter. Either through seminary or self-taught, but that studying took years, and then more studying to prepare one teaching. Always, always praying for God's guidance in that learning and teaching.

    THAT is a teacher.

    So, I'm asking to those who think CC is their platform to teach, by whose authority do you teach?
    i teach what God told me to teach. i rarely if ever teach anything that i have come up with via my own intellect. i really don't consider myself to be anything at all, save that i repeat what God told me to teach. i have learned a long time ago whenever i teach something that i personally think or believe, i am usually WRONG. Therefore i find it is best if i leave out what i think and/or what i believe, and only teach what God told me. Because what He told me is NEVER WRONG. If then i ONLY teach what God told me, then i can't possibly lead anyone astray.


    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

    Woe to them who continue to willingly sin, and think Grace is upon them.

    Email me

    website

  8. #28
    Senior Member preacher4truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2016
    Age
    53
    Posts
    5,945
    Rep Power
    245

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleDave View Post
    i teach what God told me to teach. i rarely if ever teach anything that i have come up with via my own intellect. i really don't consider myself to be anything at all, save that i repeat what God told me to teach. i have learned a long time ago whenever i teach something that i personally think or believe, i am usually WRONG. Therefore i find it is best if i leave out what i think and/or what i believe, and only teach what God told me. Because what He told me is NEVER WRONG. If then i ONLY teach what God told me, then i can't possibly lead anyone astray.


    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave

    Hmmmmmmmm...
    Budman likes this.
    People are offended that God is God.

    Oh, my brethren! bold-hearted men are always called mean-spirited by cowards. - Charles Spurgeon

    Open Theism and Molinism, two inept theological camps, do err in this sense; God doesn't have an R&D department, He does all things perfectly.

    A god who can be fashioned by our own thoughts is no more a god than an image produced by our own hands. - Charles Spurgeon


  9. #29
    Senior Member stonesoffire's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2013
    Age
    71
    Posts
    7,805
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    235

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    When I was young, I heard God tell me something. "Be true to yourself."

    Sounds like a good word from God, right? Where can that possibly go wrong?

    And then I got older, and learned that, according to the Bible, Man's heart is on evil continuously. Do I really want to be true to self, if self is evil continuously?

    So, I figured out, that wasn't God giving me something. That was me hearing me.

    Question for you: Do you know the difference?

    Because Jesus will sort it out? Jesus sorted it out long ago. As Jehovah. Our job is to find out what he said, not to find out what yet-another-teacher said. Not to ignore what the Bible says or what doctrine is or to skip the messy stuff, the hard stuff, the frustrating stuff.

    You've got my problem from my youth. You keep thinking every teacher is a good teacher and everything you hear is from the Holy Spirit. It's not.

    Do you know the difference?
    No, you judge me wrong.

    What I know is the Lord without doubt, is three ways He speaks to me. One is His Voice in my "middle". Another isvto be given a partial part of scripture, then I look to see what is being said. The third is as I study and see a picture of Jesus. Because He spokevthis to me..."if you seek to see me in all that you do, you will do well."

    After all this time since 1972, yes, Lynn...I know His Voice.

    I can't help it if others didn't like what was given in answer to PennEd.

    Plus...is most of what is written in this whole forum of the Lord? Too many opinions.
    Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.


    Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

  10. #30
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    21,782
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    484

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonesoffire View Post
    No, you judge me wrong.

    What I know is the Lord without doubt, is three ways He speaks to me. One is His Voice in my "middle". Another isvto be given a partial part of scripture, then I look to see what is being said. The third is as I study and see a picture of Jesus. Because He spokevthis to me..."if you seek to see me in all that you do, you will do well."

    After all this time since 1972, yes, Lynn...I know His Voice.

    I can't help it if others didn't like what was given in answer to PennEd.

    Plus...is most of what is written in this whole forum of the Lord? Too many opinions.
    Sadly, what I suspected, but hoped I was wrong about, has just been confirmed.

    You thought I was judging you? No. I was truly asking if you knew the difference between what comes from the Lord and what comes from you. With that, you decided it was about you. And then you tried proving your style of what you believe you get from the Lord, but, instead, you showed your style of getting things from the Lord. Which is you dictating to the Lord what you want from him.

    You thought this had to do with Ed? You thought this had to do with you? You thought this was what is written on this whole forum? And, apparently, you thought this was me attacking WoF? (BTW, I've never seen a WoFer trying to teach at people on this site in three years I've been on it.) All those thoughts came from you. Not the Lord. Not even from this thread. And all you just did was defend yourself. NOT the Lord.

    I thought you might be different. I thought you just haven't gathered your footing yet. I judged you wrong.

    For me, I spent half my Christian life wasting on ME. I got some ideas about the Lord right and some wrong. Once figuring out how wrong I can be, I've been out to see who the Lord really is, and have become mighty impressed by him. He isn't who I thought he would be, when I first met him. He's much better than that, much more complicated, and much less like society than we can ever imagine. So I let go of my imagination to find out who he really is.

    This post was talking to those who have tried pinning him into a box, and then expecting everyone else to agree with them, because they thought too.

    I see why Jesus told the throng of people following him to eat his flesh and drink his blood. It really does thin the herd. Who wants to follow the real him versus who want to create a version of him they can live with, and still say they are following him. To this day, I still don't get what eating his flesh and drinking his blood means. But two things I know for sure:
    1. The ones out to get what they want from him won't be able to answer that question. (They are useless.)
    2. He's worth even that, so worth following to find out. He's my everything. I will deplete so he can complete. He's worth it.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  11. #31
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    21,782
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    484

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleDave View Post
    i teach what God told me to teach. i rarely if ever teach anything that i have come up with via my own intellect. i really don't consider myself to be anything at all, save that i repeat what God told me to teach. i have learned a long time ago whenever i teach something that i personally think or believe, i am usually WRONG. Therefore i find it is best if i leave out what i think and/or what i believe, and only teach what God told me. Because what He told me is NEVER WRONG. If then i ONLY teach what God told me, then i can't possibly lead anyone astray.


    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Do you know how to tell if you teach effectively? By finding out if the students got the lesson. Since you never bother finding that out, you neither teach for the Lord or for yourself. I've have watched you "preach at" often. Most of the times it's in the Family Forum, and you bring back threads from oncers. (Oncers -- people who come on here once to lay out their problem never to return to see what people could give them for advice.) And then you never notice the person hasn't return in 2-6 weeks before you throw down your little ditty.

    God makes it a habit to give people what they need when they need it. Not weeks later.

    Even on here, when you preach-at, you post your little ditty, and then return in a few weeks to see where people took it. Then you fume because since you never found out what questions your "students" had, that "your students" had fun with your post.

    Biblical, prove that as God's way of doing things. You can't, because that was never God's way. It is your way.

    (And you will never see this either, because you are so sure you're doing it right, you don't care. Not caring isn't God's way either.)
    Budman likes this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  12. #32
    Senior Member Budman's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,764
    Rep Power
    145

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleDave View Post
    i teach what God told me to teach. i rarely if ever teach anything that i have come up with via my own intellect. i really don't consider myself to be anything at all, save that i repeat what God told me to teach. i have learned a long time ago whenever i teach something that i personally think or believe, i am usually WRONG. Therefore i find it is best if i leave out what i think and/or what i believe, and only teach what God told me. Because what He told me is NEVER WRONG. If then i ONLY teach what God told me, then i can't possibly lead anyone astray.

    I'm curious. How, exactly, does God "talk" to you?
    Stunnedbygrace and Depleted like this.

  13. #33


    LPT
    LPT is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 24th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    327
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by DustyRhodes View Post
    By whose authority do you post that statement?
    yea the poster says just asking questions, but most see right through the mayham, just another tactic of the poster to put two cents in, no doubt sooner or later the poster will be the one trying to teach. i have seen it quite few times.
    DustyRhodes likes this.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,356
    Blog Entries
    76
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    I see lots of people starting threads to teach stuff they deem important. In doing so, they deem themselves as teachers. If I ask them "By whose authority," they will say "By God's authority." But that's not the question I'm asking. Well, it is, but it isn't.

    I've known many "teachers" in my life. Most of them cannot teach. That makes them bogus teachers spewing forth a little truth in a sea of junk. When I was gullible, I used to think, "If someone teaches, they must be a teacher." And, because of that, I ended up believing a sea of junk with a little bit of truth mixed in.

    I've also known many teachers who were great teachers. Their words I could believe. And, so, I asked them, "By whose authority do you teach?" And, the answer often included, "by God's authority," but it was not the only answer. A story came through that matched every time. It always had to do with a willingness to learn and a deep desire to learn. They would learn from anyone who could give them one phrase of truth. And then they'd ask, "But is it true?" Instead of asking the person, they would put in hours of effort to learn in a multitude of ways. And they would pray -- a lot. Always seeking God's guidance in the learning.

    And then they'd check with those they trusted to see if they might have found the truth in it. And the ones trusted would critique it. (Not "criticize." "Critique.") And in doing so, they'd work it out to an agreement. And they would also pray earnestly to gain God's truth.

    And the ones trusted would pray for the person. Often for weeks or months, before they came back and said to the person, "You are gifted in teaching." And the one that was said to would pray and research for months, possibly years, to see if that was true, and then come back for more critique.

    And they would end up praying and agreeing again. And in that agreeing began the authority. The teacher was always gifted to teach, but the authority was given by learned, honest people seeking God's answer. From there, the student began preparing to teach, by doing the obvious next thing -- studying the subject matter. Either through seminary or self-taught, but that studying took years, and then more studying to prepare one teaching. Always, always praying for God's guidance in that learning and teaching.

    THAT is a teacher.

    So, I'm asking to those who think CC is their platform to teach, by whose authority do you teach?
    I would ask them

    "Whose souls has God entrusted into your keeping?"

    because true authority isn't about power but responsibility to nurture and guide and teach God's people to have a closer relationship with God.

    I agree that true teachers first learn and study and seek God's truth and affirmation from other believers and His holy word. I would also add that all my teachers spend hours in prayer over their students and the material they teach each week.

    However I don't really believe anyone has the authority to set themselves up as a teacher here on CC. We are all just members talking and discussing what we learn. In our own way trying to point to God and recognize when we hear His Truths spoken.

    CC is more a meeting place.
    Last edited by Ariel82; 1 Week Ago at 04:06 PM.
    wolfwint and Billyd like this.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,356
    Blog Entries
    76
    Rep Power
    277

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Well Lynn believe it or not you are one of the good teachers I learned from you just didn't realize it lol. But as for me learning from teachers in all honesty I have many teachers most just don't realize they are teaching me, Even from being attacked in the bdf I make it a point to learn something from it. If I am being attacked in a debate it's a lesson to be patient and practice responding in a kind and mature manner, if I see myself reaching the point where i get hot headed and my emotions begin to take over I step away from the debate. And even if a post by someone seems dumb or pointless to others if I can still glean something from it to help mature my perspective and my growth then that post was worth something.

    Like I said I think a great teacher has the mind of a student I don't think I am quite ready to be a teacher but maybe one day.
    I don't think I will every be ready to be a teacher, but have found that even when we fumble, God can use us to tea he others and to teach us also.

    He is able to make our dumbest mistakes become His glorious masterpieces....mainly because He shows us it's His work and not our own efforts that works the change in our hearts and minds.

    So for me I have learnt to not focus on teaching others so much as learning from the Teacher and maybe by learning the lessons He has taught me point people back to Him.

    I don't have to have all the right answers, because I know Someone who does. All we have to do is pray and have Faith that He loves us enough to make it all work out for our good.

    Fyi. Lynn has taught me a lot about honesty, though she probably doesn't even realize it.
    Blain, Billyd and Depleted like this.

  16. #36
    Senior Member EarnestQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,775
    Rep Power
    106

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    If God can use Balim's ass, He can use anyone, perhaps even me. ;-)
    Ariel82, Depleted, garee and 3 others like this.
    The best way to help others understand and experience God's love better is to understand and experience it better yourself.

    Understanding and experiencing God's love better everyday is the most important task for anyone who considers him/herself to be a Christian.


    Love without truth is deception. Truth without love is arrogance. God's love and God's truth balanced is God's wisdom.

    The more one promotes himself and/or his ideas, the less he cares about eternal life for others.

  17. #37


    LPT
    LPT is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 24th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    327
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleDave View Post
    i teach what God told me to teach. i rarely if ever teach anything that i have come up with via my own intellect. i really don't consider myself to be anything at all, save that i repeat what God told me to teach. i have learned a long time ago whenever i teach something that i personally think or believe, i am usually WRONG. Therefore i find it is best if i leave out what i think and/or what i believe, and only teach what God told me. Because what He told me is NEVER WRONG. If then i ONLY teach what God told me, then i can't possibly lead anyone astray.


    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Yo bro don't fall for it, the poster has a agenda behind all this and as you notice the response you got, she out to bash people over the head.

  18. #38
    Senior Member DustyRhodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2016
    Age
    72
    Posts
    961
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    51

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    When does a question need authority to be asked?

    And, if you're going to pretend it does, then by whose authority did you ask yours?



    (Nice way to avoid the question, dude. And yet, you are, very much, one of the people I'm asking.)

    Well since you are asking me, I will tell you that I am not out to teach anyone.
    I write a morning devotion daily and have done for a year and a half and I do
    so for others to read and possibly be inspired. Maybe they will be and maybe they
    won't be it's a personal choice but one thing I am sure of is what I write is an
    inspiration of Christ within me and I don't pretend to be anything else.
    Ariel82 and tourist like this.

  19. #39
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    4,739
    Rep Power
    161

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarnestQ View Post
    If God can use Balim's ass, He can use anyone, perhaps even me. ;-)
    As long as you keep an eye on your spelling. That was Balaam who was rebuked by his donkey.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Nehemiah6's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2017
    Age
    75
    Posts
    4,739
    Rep Power
    161

    Default Re: By Whose Authority Do You Teach?

    Quote Originally Posted by LPT View Post
    yea the poster says just asking questions, but most see right through the mayham, just another tactic of the poster to put two cents in, no doubt sooner or later the poster will be the one trying to teach. i have seen it quite few times.
    True. And a thread with this question would not have been started by someone willing to learn from others.
    LPT likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 477
    Last Post: February 18th, 2014, 11:13 AM
  2. Replies: 84
    Last Post: January 29th, 2014, 11:17 PM
  3. What is Proper Godly Authority? And What is Wickedly Used Authority?
    By kardiaoangelous in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 26th, 2013, 04:25 AM
  4. Replies: 50
    Last Post: February 1st, 2013, 08:09 PM
  5. Authority..wot authority!
    By phil36 in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 30th, 2011, 03:13 PM