Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 183
Like Tree232Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

  1. #21
    Member Honey_Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2018
    Age
    45
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    There is the "carnal mind" and the "spiritual mind", doctrinally.

    Our doctrine, according to our gospel pattern for ministry, we have the "mind of Christ"(1 Cor 2:16 KJV) "If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus"
    Waggles likes this.

  2. #22
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    Does not matter...your premise is false and misleading....you cannot say MOST Christians are in bondage to SATAN....based upon the following truths...

    a. You do not know MOST CHRISTIANS and cannot biblically judge their stance before GOD
    b. Greater is he that is in YOU than HE IN THE WORLD....JESUS is in ALL Christians by faith and spiritual birth
    c. THERE are NO verses in context that STATES that MOST CHRISTIANS are in bondage to SATAN

    Be honest man and face the facts.....just admit the truth and change your thread title...

    You could have used the word SOME or even possibly MANY, but to say MOST is misleading and incorrect based upon a-c.....

    There is no way you can make that call without knowing MOST CHRISTIANS and their walk before God....!
    I don't think we need to know just how many christians exactly are 'in bondage...
    Rev 12v9 says And the great dragon..that old serpant called the devil and satan which deceives the whole world....there you have it ...the whole world, everybody...there are no exceptions....we all have been at one time DECEIVED/lied to and believed it for a time....UNTIL God saved us !!!
    Christianity not following...have not yet turned to the God of Israel/Lord of the Sabbath ARE in bondage and captivity ! there always has been punishment for Sabbath-breaking 2Kgs ch 17.
    Last edited by beta; 1 Week Ago at 02:23 AM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member trofimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2015
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,330
    Rep Power
    162

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    Sin gives Satan the legal right to hold man captive.
    Where did you get this from?
    Do not be worried about many things - only one thing is needed (Lk 10:41-42).

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2016
    Age
    34
    Posts
    546
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    I totally understand what you mean and you are right. First of all, by 'Christian', you mean those who call Jesus 'lord lord' by their mouth- 90% of these are in bondage, the rest are not. 90% of the remaining 10% shall have their faith in the Lord refined by fire (Tribulation) because God uses satan as His club/axe- the remaining shall be protected from the hour of trial that will come on all inhabitants because they are faithful. But and the end, 'all Israel shall be saved'
    MessageOfTheCross likes this.

  5. #25
    Senior Member FlSnookman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2015
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,061
    Rep Power
    95

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by Noose View Post
    I totally understand what you mean and you are right. First of all, by 'Christian', you mean those who call Jesus 'lord lord' by their mouth- 90% of these are in bondage, the rest are not. 90% of the remaining 10% shall have their faith in the Lord refined by fire (Tribulation) because God uses satan as His club/axe- the remaining shall be protected from the hour of trial that will come on all inhabitants because they are faithful. But and the end, 'all Israel shall be saved'

    Do you have any verses supporting this?
    Dino246 and joefizz like this.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2016
    Age
    34
    Posts
    546
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by FlSnookman7 View Post



    Do you have any verses supporting this?
    You bet

    Matt 7:21Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who doesthe will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?

    Many here means many.



    MessageOfTheCross likes this.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Gabriel2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    62
    Posts
    890
    Blog Entries
    307
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Christian is not the same as a true believer. A true believer is called a Christian because he patterns his life like Jesus Christ. I agree that a lot of Christians are still in bondage, because they refuse to be obedient children of God. Some Christian want Jesus because of what he can do for them here on earth as far as wealth, but not eternal life.
    Waggles likes this.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Waggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2017
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,690
    Rep Power
    88

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil,
    and he will flee from you.
    James 4:7
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a
    roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour:
    1Peter 5:8
    He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the
    beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested,
    that he might destroy the works of the devil.
    1John 3:8


    12 Giving thanks unto the Father, who has made us suitable
    to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

    13 Who has delivered us from the power of darkness, and has
    translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

    14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the
    forgiveness of sins:

    Colossians 1:

    17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness,
    and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

    18 For he that in these things serves Christ is acceptable to God,
    and approved of men.
    Romans 14:
    for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
    1Corinthians 9:16

  9. #29


    jb
    jb is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2010
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,673
    Blog Entries
    32
    Rep Power
    26

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    At the new birth our spirits are born again and we are delivered out of the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of His dear Son (we are new creations), however, our flesh is not "born again" and we have to walk in the Spirit (with the Risen Lord Jesus) to have victory over it, and it is from (the works of) the flesh where a lot of Christians have problems. John 3v7, Rom 7v25-8v11, 1Cor 9v24-27, 2Cor 5v17, Gal 5v16-26, Col 1v13, 1Peter 1v3.

    You can find a bit of a study Here on the fruit of the Spirit and works of the flesh.

  10. #30
    Senior Member beta's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2016
    Age
    88
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    At the new birth our spirits are born again and we are delivered out of the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of His dear Son (we are new creations), however, our flesh is not "born again" and we have to walk in the Spirit (with the Risen Lord Jesus) to have victory over it, and it is from (the works of) the flesh where a lot of Christians have problems. John 3v7, Rom 7v25-8v11, 1Cor 9v24-27, 2Cor 5v17, Gal 5v16-26, Col 1v13, 1Peter 1v3.

    You can find a bit of a study Here on the fruit of the Spirit and works of the flesh.
    You have got a point there my friend and I will get back to it later when I have more time.

  11. #31
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,278
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by breno785au View Post
    I'd like to see those who say most Christians this and most Christians that to toss themselves into the mix too. Doubt that would happen, of course they arnt the ones with the issues.

    Amen brother.....10 to 1 he is not one of the "most Christians" he belittles and judges without even knowing probably .01% of Christians.....

    this is the exact kind of thread that turns people off from the truth......

  12. #32
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,278
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    424

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by beta View Post
    I don't think we need to know just how many christians exactly are 'in bondage...
    Rev 12v9 says And the great dragon..that old serpant called the devil and satan which deceives the whole world....there you have it ...the whole world, everybody...there are no exceptions....we all have been at one time DECEIVED/lied to and believed it for a time....UNTIL God saved us !!!
    Christianity not following...have not yet turned to the God of Israel/Lord of the Sabbath ARE in bondage and captivity ! there always has been punishment for Sabbath-breaking 2Kgs ch 17.
    Yeah......ummmmm...not hardly....and the law drivel pushed by many has no power over one who has the righteousness of Christ imputed by faith.....I am not bound by any Sabbath law.....nice try, no cigar!
    Angela53510 and Waggles like this.

  13. #33
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah6 View Post
    Now you have taken a Scripture TOTALLY OUT OF CONTEXT to prove your point. It should be evident just from reading that verse that the Lord is speaking about the unsaved masses -- "many" -- going down the road to Hell, not the relatively few Christians who believe on the Lord and receive eternal life ("find life").

    The requirements are greater than most are willing to accept. Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy.

    Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith. 2 Cor. 13:5

    If the Believers Faith is not placed and maintained in Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won, they have been taken captive by Satan. The Believer is either operating under Grace or Law. MOST CHRISTIANS OPERATE IN LAW!

    When I talk about placing your Faith in Christ, they understand that. When I talk about placing your Faith in the Cross, 99% on this form don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about. They think you are talking about a wooden beam...it is the same with most Christians.
    Last edited by MessageOfTheCross; 1 Week Ago at 10:27 AM.
    Noose likes this.
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  14. #34
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    21,773
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    484

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    Most Christians don't give Satan control on purpose who are being oppressed (2 Timothy 2:24-26). Sin gives Satan the legal right to hold man captive. Yet, considering that Jesus atoned for all sin at the Cross, past, present, and future, at least for those who will believe, how can Satan hold Christians in bondage? How can a born-again Christian be freed from the bondage of Satan?
    By Whose Authority Do You Teach?
    Angela53510, Laish and joefizz like this.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2016
    Age
    34
    Posts
    546
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Another scripture.

    Matt 24:24Forfalse Christsandfalse prophetswill appear andperformgreatsignsandwondersthatwould deceiveeventheelect,ifthat were possible.

    The above scripture doesn't mean that all other people will be deceived except the elect, it means all people even the elect will be part of the deceived only that the grace of God will suffice.
    How do i know this, you ask- i compared with other scriptures including Daniel when the angel told him that "...i t will be for a time, times and the dividing of a time until the power of God's people is overcome..."
    Also, in Daniel:

    Dan 8:12And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practiced, and prospered.13Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said to that certain saint which spoke, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14And he said to me, To two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.



  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2018
    Age
    20
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    We should be more christlike and loving, true.

  17. #37
    Senior Member jameen's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2018
    Age
    30
    Posts
    126
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    Most Christians don't give Satan control on purpose who are being oppressed (2 Timothy 2:24-26). Sin gives Satan the legal right to hold man captive. Yet, considering that Jesus atoned for all sin at the Cross, past, present, and future, at least for those who will believe, how can Satan hold Christians in bondage? How can a born-again Christian be freed from the bondage of Satan?
    First of all you don't need to say Born Again Christian because Born Again and Christian are synonymous.

    Second, A Christian can only be atoned by Christ's blood if he will truly repent and live a Godly life.

    Third and Last, A man saying that he is Christian but living in carnal life cannot be called a Christian.

    He must be called a child of the devil who does not do righteousness (read 1 John 3:10)

  18. #38
    Senior Member Dino246's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,521
    Rep Power
    214

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Wow... this thread has some serious confusion going on. I'm making popcorn.

  19. #39
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,403
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    Luke 10:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

    16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  20. #40
    Senior Member 7seasrekeyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,623
    Rep Power
    117

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post

    The requirements are greater than most are willing to accept. Satan comes to steal, kill, and destroy.

    Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith. 2 Cor. 13:5

    If the Believers Faith is not placed and maintained in Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won, they have been taken captive by Satan. The Believer is either operating under Grace or Law. MOST CHRISTIANS OPERATE IN LAW!

    When I talk about placing your Faith in Christ, they understand that. When I talk about placing your Faith in the Cross, 99% on this form don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about. They think you are talking about a wooden beam...it is the same with most Christians.
    I can understand why the cross is so important to Swaggart

    Swaggart lived a terrible lie for many years and he was caught with his pants down, so to speak and he has every reason to be so ashamed

    this is, IMO, the reasoning behind his message which is HIS message...make no mistake

    most Christians, believers, are removed FROM that shame of sin and guilt and here you are, doing the devil's work for him

    it actually IS all about Jesus...not the cross of shame...Jesus begged His Father to find another way to save His creation from sin and the devil but said if there is no other, I will obey You and die the death You say I must die

    If the Believers Faith is not placed and maintained in Christ and the Cross of Calvary where the victory was won, they have been taken captive by Satan. The Believer is either operating under Grace or Law. MOST CHRISTIANS OPERATE IN LAW!
    you are ignorant and say it is everyone else

    I would suggest you have been taken captive by the very devil you mistakenly believe holds others

    you spout nonsense and your mentor Swaggart could never actually be doing what he is doing...could never have begun to preach again because he refused to step down and put himself under authority

    he is his own authority and as such, he is rogue

    I think most here are well aware of what I stated above, my concern is only that a new believer would be attacked in their mind by your words that appear to be biblical and loose sight of our REAL Savior

    you do not preach the gospel that Jesus died for

    you preach Swaggart's guilt day in and day out

    we are free in Christ and under no obligation to assume a load of guilt that Jesus died to free us from
    Angela53510 and kaylagrl like this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are Jesus and Satan spiritual brothers, twins?
    By Is in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2015, 09:18 AM
  2. Spiritual Warfare :Kingdom of GOD vs Satan Army of Darkness
    By AuphirahQueen in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 8th, 2015, 08:42 PM
  3. Deliverance for daughter from spiritual bondage
    By cravatts in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 20th, 2014, 11:47 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: November 30th, 2013, 09:20 PM
  5. The First Question Christians Are Asked by Satan
    By lighthousejohn in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: January 21st, 2013, 12:41 AM