Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 183
Like Tree232Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

  1. #81
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    20,934
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    495

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    If your Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and Him Crucified, you are a captive of Satan (2 Tim. 2:24-26); In bondage (the law of sin and death). Does God consider this person to be righteous? If so how?
    That 'maintained' part of your post is the bondage.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  2. #82
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,408
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    That 'maintained' part of your post is the bondage.

    Are you saved? If your faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and Him Crucified, how can you be saved? You are a enemy of the Cross...Paul said, "mark them."
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  3. #83
    Member Honey_Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2018
    Age
    45
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    That word "maintained" caught my eye too, but I thought the "in Christ" part might mean something along the lines of Philippians 4:7 KJV

    And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

    @Messageofthecross,

    If a person has believed the gospel of the grace of God rightly, then in this ministry, the ministry of reconciliation, that person is seal with the holy Spirit of promise unto the day of redemption, approved of God, a purchased possession, a new creature God is currently forming for a vocation in the household. Righteous, because we are positionally identified "in Christ" as the church the body of Christ.


    When it comes to our house of doctrine, if we deny correct teaching because of carnal thinking, then Christ denies us the fruit of the truth to abound to our account, but we never lose our position in righteousness, because He cannot deny Himself and Jesus is our righteousness, righteousness which is by the faith of God.

    11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
    12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
    13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.



    17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

    19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
    tourist likes this.

  4. #84
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,408
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Bee View Post
    That word "maintained" caught my eye too, but I thought the "in Christ" part might mean something along the lines of Philippians 4:7 KJV

    And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

    @Messageofthecross,

    If a person has believed the gospel of the grace of God rightly, then in this ministry, the ministry of reconciliation, that person is seal with the holy Spirit of promise unto the day of redemption, approved of God, a purchased possession, a new creature God is currently forming for a vocation in the household. Righteous, because we are positionally identified "in Christ" as the church the body of Christ.


    When it comes to our house of doctrine, if we deny correct teaching because of carnal thinking, then Christ denies us the fruit of the truth to abound to our account, but we never lose our position in righteousness, because He cannot deny Himself and Jesus is our righteousness, righteousness which is by the faith of God.

    11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
    12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
    13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.



    17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

    19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
    A person may call themselves a Christian, but if their Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Cross, they are not saved; they are not justified nor considered righteous. The Cross of Christ is as necessary for sanctification as it is for salvation (1 Cor.1:18).

    We must never separate Christ from His finished work or the finished work from Christ. Of course, we know that Jesus is no longer on the Cross. In fact, He is presently in heaven, seated by the right hand of the Father (Eph. 2:6; Heb. 1:3). What we are actually talking about are the results of the Cross.

    JSM

    Last edited by MessageOfTheCross; 1 Week Ago at 11:22 PM.
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  5. #85


    gb9
    gb9 is online now
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2011
    Age
    45
    Posts
    5,025
    Rep Power
    137

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    A person may call themselves a Christian, but if their Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Cross, they are not saved; they are not justified nor considered righteous. The Cross of Christ is as necessary for sanctification as it is for salvation (1 Cor.1:18).

    We must never separate Christ from His finished work or the finished work from Christ. Of course, we know that Jesus is no longer on the Cross. In fact, He is presently in heaven, seated by the right hand of the Father (Eph. 2:6; Heb. 1:3). What we are actually talking about are the results of the Cross.

    JSM

    I am by no means perfect, I have fallen short of the standards set fourth in the Word, but I have never willingly slept with a prostitute . your leader has. he has 0 credibility .
    tourist likes this.

  6. #86
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,408
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by gb9 View Post
    I am by no means perfect, I have fallen short of the standards set fourth in the Word, but I have never willingly slept with a prostitute . your leader has. he has 0 credibility .

    In that case you should stop reading the bible. Every person in the bible has sinned, except Jesus. Why do you compare your sins to his sins...what does the bible say about that.
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  7. #87
    Member Honey_Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 4th, 2018
    Age
    45
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    What do you think it means when scripture tells us we are citizens of heaven? and that we are dead, and that our life is hid with Christ in God. We are joint-heirs, we are seated with Christ, and we will rise first...

    Glory, we used to be the "glory of the world" without hope, without Christ without God, dead in trespasses and sins. We are the glory of Christ... 9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. This is resurrection doctrine of the mystery of Christ, Paul says, "Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel"

    Enjoy reading Ephesians in light of this, please.


    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...+4&version=KJV





    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    A person may call themselves a Christian, but if their Faith is not placed and maintained exclusively in Christ and the Cross, they are not saved; they are not justified nor considered righteous. The Cross of Christ is as necessary for sanctification as it is for salvation (1 Cor.1:18).

    We must never separate Christ from His finished work or the finished work from Christ. Of course, we know that Jesus is no longer on the Cross. In fact, He is presently in heaven, seated by the right hand of the Father (Eph. 2:6; Heb. 1:3). What we are actually talking about are the results of the Cross.

    JSM

    Last edited by Honey_Bee; 1 Week Ago at 11:55 PM.
    tourist likes this.

  8. #88
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,408
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Bee View Post
    What do you think it means when scripture tells us we are citizens of heaven? and that we are dead, and that our life is hid with Christ in God. We are joint-heirs, we are seated with Christ, and we will rise first...

    Glory, we used to be the "glory of the world" without hope, without Christ without God, dead in trespasses and sins. We are the glory of Christ... 9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. This is resurrection doctrine of the mystery of Christ, Paul says, "Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel"

    Enjoy reading Ephesians in light of this, please.

    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...+2&version=KJV

    How are we rewarded righteous from God that places us in Christ? Please post scripture.
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  9. #89
    Senior Member Dino246's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,530
    Rep Power
    215

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post

    How are we rewarded righteous from God that places us in Christ? Please post scripture.
    Perhaps you could reword your first sentence into something coherent?
    tourist likes this.

  10. #90
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,408
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by Dino246 View Post
    Perhaps you could reword your first sentence into something coherent?
    It is not meant for a enemy of the Cross to understand.
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  11. #91
    Senior Member Dino246's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,530
    Rep Power
    215

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    It is not meant for a enemy of the Cross to understand.
    Coherence is about proper grammar, sentence structure, and word usage; components which your sentence lacked.
    kaylagrl likes this.

  12. #92
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,408
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by Dino246 View Post
    Coherence is about proper grammar, sentence structure, and word usage; components which your sentence lacked.

    Come back home. Return to the Cross!
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  13. #93
    Senior Member Blain's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    14,460
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    259

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Messageofthecross, As I have read through this thread I have seen you slandering others and accusing them of being the enemy of the cross or not being saved and I would appreciate it if you would stop pointing your finger and accusing of things you know nothing about. It is not for you to decide who is the enemy of cross or who isn't a Christian.
    My life's testimony seems to have helped many people so I am going to put it here http://christianchat.com/testimonies...-new-post.html

    When the hearts of God and a child of his make that special intimate connection a wondrous power is born and a flame ignites that can never be put out

    Jesus knew more than anyone of us-Love hurts

    The strongest among you may not wear a crown

  14. #94
    loyaldisciple
    Guest

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    Most Christians don't give Satan control on purpose who are being oppressed (2 Timothy 2:24-26). Sin gives Satan the legal right to hold man captive. Yet, considering that Jesus atoned for all sin at the Cross, past, present, and future, at least for those who will believe, how can Satan hold Christians in bondage? How can a born-again Christian be freed from the bondage of Satan?
    I believe society and the world has great power over many people. Influencing them to follow greed, selfishness, lust, and a host of other things that are very bad for them. God can definitely help one to avoid all of those things, but it takes one very important thing. TRUST. One must truly trust that whatever God has said is 100% correct. They must truly "want" to follow His word. If they trust Him and truly try to follow His commands, then there is nothing that He will not help them to overcome. Satan can only hold a person in bondage, when they are not fully trusting in God and trying to obey His commands. When one really submits to God's power and His word, God will give them the strength to say "no" to Satan. I believe most people, even Christians, simply do not trust God enough so they end up falling into many of society's traps. No one is going to be any perfect person, but if they put full trust in God and pray for Him to help them He WILL help them to become a much better and much wiser person. First one must try to obey God, then He promises to help them and God does not break any of His promises. Trust Him, try to obey Him and one's life WILL improve dramatically.
    Waggles likes this.

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2015
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,522
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    224

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    It is not meant for a enemy of the Cross to understand.
    You just called your brother an enemy of the cross...that's really bad behavior...
    kaylagrl likes this.

  16. #96
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2015
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,522
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    224

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post

    Come back home. Return to the Cross!
    And here you continue he that had behavior?

  17. #97
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by deer92 View Post
    what about the people who are possesed by spirits or demons...how are they set free...? can they do it themselves?

    A Christian cannot be demon possessed.

  18. #98
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    ​Why have you rejected the Cross?

    ​Why am I hearing nothing about the Blood? Why are we only focusing on the cross only? What about the shed blood.Has that no power?!

  19. #99
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    46
    Posts
    12,182
    Rep Power
    262

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post

    Come back home. Return to the Cross!
    There is power in the shed blood of Jesus,there is power in the Name of Jesus. Why a fixation on the cross only? Has Swaggart become Catholic? It wasn't not trusting in the cross that caused him to fail.Swaggart wasn't demon possessed. Swaggart became too big for his britches and thought he could sin and God would look the other way. He was led away by his own lusts. Christians know the power of the cross,of the blood,of the Name of Jesus. Whatever doctrine Jimmy is cooking up to try and escape taking responsibility for his own lust that led him astray,you ought to stay clear of. Satan has as much power in a Christians life as we give him. Swaggart knows this from experience. Stop condemning other Christians based on televangelist nonsense. Swaggart had a sex addiction and that was well known before it became public.

  20. #100
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,408
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Most Christians presently are in spiritual bondage to Satan

    Quote Originally Posted by Blain View Post
    Messageofthecross, As I have read through this thread I have seen you slandering others and accusing them of being the enemy of the cross or not being saved and I would appreciate it if you would stop pointing your finger and accusing of things you know nothing about. It is not for you to decide who is the enemy of cross or who isn't a Christian.
    It is for every Christian to know who is a enemy of the cross!

    Philippians 3:17-21 King James Version (KJV)

    17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

    18(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:

    19Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

    20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

    21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are Jesus and Satan spiritual brothers, twins?
    By Is in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2015, 09:18 AM
  2. Spiritual Warfare :Kingdom of GOD vs Satan Army of Darkness
    By AuphirahQueen in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 8th, 2015, 08:42 PM
  3. Deliverance for daughter from spiritual bondage
    By cravatts in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 20th, 2014, 11:47 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: November 30th, 2013, 09:20 PM
  5. The First Question Christians Are Asked by Satan
    By lighthousejohn in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: January 21st, 2013, 12:41 AM