Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By BenFTW
  • 2 Post By Magenta
  • 1 Post By BenFTW
  • 1 Post By blue_ladybug
  • 1 Post By tourist
  • 1 Post By BenFTW
  • 2 Post By melita916
  • 1 Post By BenFTW
  • 1 Post By BenFTW
  • 1 Post By joaniemarie
  • 1 Post By Shamah
  • 1 Post By BenFTW

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

  1. #1
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,741
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    I wrote a review on Netflix for their new original movie Come Sunday, about Carlton Pearson and his revelation of Universalism. Well, for quite awhile it was in the voted most helpful section (of the review section) with a helpful vote of 34 of 53 (equaling 64% positive). However yesterday I noticed it wasn't in the voted most helpful section anymore and it wasn't even in the recent reviews section. It was completely gone.

    So, I went to the Netflix live chat and talked with an employee of Netflix to resolve this. I thought maybe people voted it as inappropriate (with their agendas) and decided to ask if my review was taken down. I ended talking to a guy named Jose, and he told me if I still see my review in my reviews section of my profile (he sent me a link), then the review is still up on the Netflix site. I saw it in my reviews. However, I changed profiles and looked through the reviews on Come Sunday and it wasn't anywhere to be found. Still gone.

    Jose ended up telling me, "Hopefully other people can still see your review and it'll be helpful for them." It's been long enough since that discussion to where someone either had to vote for or against the review but it is still stuck at 34 of 53. Which in my opinion, means people still can't see it (or it is being censored). Could be a glitch in the system and that is why I asked Jose to put it in the feedback tracker for the developers (or w/e), that a reviewer can't see their own review on a movie.

    What do you think? Glitch or censorship?

    PS: If you have Netflix, can you check and tell me if you see the review?

    ---------------------------------
    The review:

    As good as a biopic that this movie is, it also has its negative slant towards the Christian faith (as not being "all inclusive"). The movie basically asks how do we remove this idea of fearing God, and Carlton Pearson's solution is Universalism. Do you want to know God's solution, according to the Bible? His grace. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus."

    Christ did pay for your sins, and neither does He condemn you, He came not into the world to condemn it but save it. Likewise, to gays, contrary to how this biopic depicted God as sending gays to Hell for just being gay (they had no control, is the argument), that is not what scripture says to them. For gays too did Christ die, so that they too may have life and victory over sin. They do need saving, as do we all.

    Over all the biopic was informative, and for a Christian, when Carlton Pearson was preaching on Universalism the misuse of verses was off-putting. Universalism isn't the answer or resolution to sin, Hell, and God. It is Christ, and Him crucified. Give the biopic a watch, but be mindful of the inherent bias against salvation by faith, and the poor attempts to convey salvation as not being available to all (such as the gay man, of which God's grace is sufficient for)
    Budman and Adstar like this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    63
    Posts
    21,854
    Rep Power
    611

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    Sounds like a shadow ban. Jose may have lied to you.

    Religious tolerance is a lie. Many of those outside Christianity find it intolerable.
    Budman and joaniemarie like this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  3. #3
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,741
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    Sounds like a shadow ban. Jose may have lied to you.

    Religious tolerance is a lie. Many of those outside Christianity find it intolerable.
    That's the way it feels (comment ghosting). Could give the benefit of the doubt, but I was curious what others thought.
    Magenta likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member blue_ladybug's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2014
    Age
    47
    Posts
    61,173
    Blog Entries
    8
    Rep Power
    451

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    Sorry Ben, I don't have NF..
    gb9 likes this.



    Blue ladybug, fearless leader of the orange kitty battalion! She loves orange tabbies and is innocent as decreed by Pottersclay who states that Scripture says that all people who love orange tabbies are innocent. Truthtalk says that God created the world, and then He created wonderful orange tabbies. Joefizz has elected blue ladybug as captain of the brave orange kitty ​army!



    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    ​ Orange kitties approve



  5. #5
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    20,640
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    484

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_ladybug View Post
    Sorry Ben, I don't have NF..
    We just got it Christmas. Darlene watches it all the time. I don't have any idea on how to get the reviews but it was probably yanked because of the spiritual reference.
    Budman likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  6. #6
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,741
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    We just got it Christmas. Darlene watches it all the time. I don't have any idea on how to get the reviews but it was probably yanked because of the spiritual reference.
    If you were to see other reviews, you'd be surprised that they are up as opposed to mine. Its people, believers, bashing the movie as being heretical, blasphemous, and so on. Some of them just expressing their opinion, and not even giving a movie review at all (just addressing the doctrine).

    I felt mine was balanced, and stuck to being a movie review (just cautioning people to be aware of the bias in the film). On all accounts, I said to watch the movie (so it wasn't a negative review).

    Not sure whats going on, but yeah.
    Budman likes this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member melita916's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 12th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    8,696
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    hey, ben. I just checked the reviews, and it says 32 member reviews. I didn't see yours, but I'm just skimming through.
    BenFTW and Budman like this.
    ~cheers~

    "I will sing to the Lord for He has been good to me." -Psalm 13:6

  8. #8
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,741
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    Quote Originally Posted by melita916 View Post
    hey, ben. I just checked the reviews, and it says 32 member reviews. I didn't see yours, but I'm just skimming through.
    Yeah, so its not just on my end. Other users can't see the review. It is what it is I suppose...

    PS: You'd just look for three star rating reviews and if mine was there, you'd see it.
    Budman likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,741
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    Oh, and thank you Melita! For taking the time to check...
    Budman likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member joaniemarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,811
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    I don't get NF either but it sure doesn't surprise me that your review is down. It happens all the time now on FB and Youtube.
    There is a lot of censorship going on in America. The major news networks are reporting as fact bias opinions to being the news. I cannot stand watching any main stream news or regular tv for that matter. Some stuff on TV is just out and out lies.
    Budman likes this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Shamah's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2018
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,153
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    It sounds like censorship to me. This is an example of why we need to stand up for what is right, all peoples right to free speech and boycott companies who are against humanity and what is right while supporting tcompanies who are on the right side.

    Not a surprise when things like this are happening;
    Is Google Censoring Jesus? It Knows Buddha, Satan, Muhammad but Not Christian Savior

    Google Home and Amazon’s Alexa promise to provide answers to all of life’s questions, like where you can order pizza or find pictures of cats. But now a man in Tennessee swears his electronic personal assistant doesn’t know who Jesus is.
    David Sams, a resident of a Nashville suburb, told local media that he asked his Google Home, “Who is Jesus Christ?” and got a variety of answers.
    “Google knew who I was, but Google did not know who Jesus was. Google did not know who Jesus Christ was, and Google did not know who God was,

    The revelation sparked furor among the far-right on social media, which was quick to accuse the inanimate objects of being at the center of an Islamic conspiracy.
    One YouTube user posted a video to demonstrate that his device can identify religious figures including Allah, Brahman, Krishna, Moses and Joseph Smith, but was unable to give a clear answer about who Jesus Christ is, responding, “Here are some results from the web.” Other social media users have posted videos of virtual assistants identifying religious figures including Buddha and Satan.

    “Google Home is eager to talk about Mohammed, but doesn't know who Jesus is... The Islamification of the West is well underway,” Mark Collett, a self-described British political activist, tweeted.

    Alex Jones, a conspiracy theorist who runs the radio show Info Wars, declared that Google is censoring Jesus.
    Some social media users also turned on Amazon’s Alexa, claiming that she had called Jesus a “fictional character.”
    Both Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home are designed to answer a variety of questions, but many observers note that they still struggle to carry on a conversation and can sometimes misunderstand complex questions. These glitches have led to some mishaps.

    For example, when a 6-year-old girl in Texas asked Alexa if she’d play dollhouse with her, the appliance ordered her a $170 dollhouse. In a separate incident, a toddler asked Alexa to play him a kid’s song, and the virtual assistant played a song about pornography.

    Is Google Censoring Jesus? It Knows Buddha, Satan, Muhammad but Not Christian Savior
    gb9 likes this.
    Exodus 20:6, “But showing love to thousands who love Me by keeping My Laws.”


    John/Yahanan 14:15, “If you love Me, keep My commandments.”


    John 14:23-24, "יהושע answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me.”

  12. #12
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,741
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    I chatted with another employee (decided to press the issue) and this employee (unlike the last one) said that Netflix has the right to moderate any review without notice. He said they might have moderated my review. I asked why he said that they "might" have moderated the review as opposed to knowing they did, and he said his department doesn't currently handle reviews (and are not able to see reviews). There is a moderation team, he went on to say.

    I told him that the moderation team seems biased, and they should get a balanced panel, haha.

    I've been moderated, it seems.
    Budman likes this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member breno785au's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,109
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: Being Silenced/Censored On Netflix???

    Quote Originally Posted by Shamah View Post
    It sounds like censorship to me. This is an example of why we need to stand up for what is right, all peoples right to free speech and boycott companies who are against humanity and what is right while supporting tcompanies who are on the right side.

    Not a surprise when things like this are happening;
    Is Google Censoring Jesus? It Knows Buddha, Satan, Muhammad but Not Christian Savior

    Google Home and Amazon’s Alexa promise to provide answers to all of life’s questions, like where you can order pizza or find pictures of cats. But now a man in Tennessee swears his electronic personal assistant doesn’t know who Jesus is.
    David Sams, a resident of a Nashville suburb, told local media that he asked his Google Home, “Who is Jesus Christ?” and got a variety of answers.
    “Google knew who I was, but Google did not know who Jesus was. Google did not know who Jesus Christ was, and Google did not know who God was,

    The revelation sparked furor among the far-right on social media, which was quick to accuse the inanimate objects of being at the center of an Islamic conspiracy.
    One YouTube user posted a video to demonstrate that his device can identify religious figures including Allah, Brahman, Krishna, Moses and Joseph Smith, but was unable to give a clear answer about who Jesus Christ is, responding, “Here are some results from the web.” Other social media users have posted videos of virtual assistants identifying religious figures including Buddha and Satan.

    “Google Home is eager to talk about Mohammed, but doesn't know who Jesus is... The Islamification of the West is well underway,” Mark Collett, a self-described British political activist, tweeted.

    Alex Jones, a conspiracy theorist who runs the radio show Info Wars, declared that Google is censoring Jesus.
    Some social media users also turned on Amazon’s Alexa, claiming that she had called Jesus a “fictional character.”
    Both Amazon’s Alexa and Google Home are designed to answer a variety of questions, but many observers note that they still struggle to carry on a conversation and can sometimes misunderstand complex questions. These glitches have led to some mishaps.

    For example, when a 6-year-old girl in Texas asked Alexa if she’d play dollhouse with her, the appliance ordered her a $170 dollhouse. In a separate incident, a toddler asked Alexa to play him a kid’s song, and the virtual assistant played a song about pornography.

    Is Google Censoring Jesus? It Knows Buddha, Satan, Muhammad but Not Christian Savior
    Eh? I asked Google Assistant on my phone those questions, who is Jesus, who is Buddha and Allah etc and it gave me the same answer for all of them, "Religion is complicated and I'm still learning."

    Claims will be claims until verified.
    Earth awaken, all creation, open up your eyes again, alive again, for Christ has torn the veil of darkness away!
    Easter - Theocracy

Similar Threads

  1. NEED HELP/ADVICE CONCERNING NETFLIX
    By p_rehbein in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 28th, 2016, 10:57 AM
  2. Christian Drama Production Censored/Denied At Cape Fear Comm. College..NC
    By 1still_waters in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2014, 07:20 PM
  3. ISP already at work - Netflix, Putlocker, etc . . .
    By ServantHood in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 26th, 2014, 12:50 PM
  4. Netflix
    By blueorchidjd in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: February 6th, 2014, 05:19 AM
  5. How much should life be censored?
    By thefightinglamb in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM