Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 221 to 238 of 238
Like Tree218Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Commandments, AGAIN1

  1. #221


    PS
    PS is offline
    Senior Member PS's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2013
    Age
    73
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    That is a great question.

    The problem with trying to answer, in my opinion, is knowing or understanding the meanings of these 3 words.

    If we "SEEK" to understand and let God's Word define them, how He intends these words to be defined, that is a good and worthwhile "work" IMO.

    If we don't, then we are left with many human understandings and definitions and will talk in circles achieving nothing.

    I have sought to understand God's (Word which became Flesh) definition of these words. In this endeavor I have discovered a couple of things. God knows more that me. God's ways are perfect, my ways are not. God's Words are "FOR ME" not against me.

    So I trust Him and His Words, including His definition. Here is the quick version of what I found.

    Pride = Refusal to be corrected.

    Love= Honor and Respect.

    Fear= Conscience understanding of life and death and who gives it and takes it away.

    I believe Love for God is the beginning. When we make up our mind that His Ways are better than ours. That His Word's are truer than ours. When we give up on our own righteousness, and our own logic, and honor and respect Him enough to obey Him even when we don't understand the Command, like Abraham did. That is Love as defined by God's Word.

    It has been my experience that when we do this, when we "Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness" and accept what we find even if the religious world around us don't, that is when our journey or "race" starts.

    Without this "Love", we will be ruled by Pride and there will be no "Fear" before our eyes.

    The Word which became Flesh tells us:

    Jer. 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

    This is truth for all of us, but many don't really believe the Word which became Flesh. They choose instead the religious doctrines and traditions of the land. The first human we deceive is our self.

    I believe "Love" as God defines it, is the answer.
    For God so loved (honoured and respected) the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Joh 3:16 KJV)
    Salvation is by faith alone. No man should judge regarding meat, holy days, festivals and the
    Sabbath (Col 2:16). Our rest is in Jesus (Mat 11:28) he is our Great High Priest,
    King of Kings and Lord of Lords who gave himself for our salvation.

  2. #222
    Senior Member Endoscopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2017
    Posts
    1,976
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    I know what your mouth and lips say. I know what you have said about me. What I asked for was something more than your mouth to support your accusation that I said Jesus came back in 70 AD.



    Since your mouth says I "kept saying" you should have no trouble showing me a post where I said it. I already asked you to show the very least in decency and honesty and show me a post. But so far nothing, only your mouth.



    Show me the post Endo. You also claim to be a electronics and software engineer. If this is true you should have no trouble copying and pasting a post in which I said or even suggested Jesus came back in 70 AD.

    Please don't deflect and stall any longer. Just show me the Post you claim I made.
    It's been 2 days and no clarification on your views on Jesus returning. Why?? That is suspicious! Hiding something?

  3. #223
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,081
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoscopy View Post
    It's been 2 days and no clarification on your views on Jesus returning. Why?? That is suspicious! Hiding something?
    It's your lie Endo, not mine.

    I asked for a simple explanation, a single quote, even a partial reason for your BS story about my belief and I get nothing from you but more BS. I have posted my belief on this forum over and over. All you have to do is find where I even suggested Jesus came back in any capacity. Just one place Endo to prove you are not just making crap up about people.


    Either find proof of your accusation, or admit you made a mistake and retract your statement.


    It's the very least that you should do.

  4. #224


    PS
    PS is offline
    Senior Member PS's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2013
    Age
    73
    Posts
    2,361
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Originally Posted by Studyman
    That is a great question.

    The problem with trying to answer, in my opinion, is knowing or understanding the meanings of these 3 words.

    If we "SEEK" to understand and let God's Word define them, how He intends these words to be defined, that is a good and worthwhile "work" IMO.

    If we don't, then we are left with many human understandings and definitions and will talk in circles achieving nothing.

    I have sought to understand God's (Word which became Flesh) definition of these words. In this endeavor I have discovered a couple of things. God knows more that me. God's ways are perfect, my ways are not. God's Words are "FOR ME" not against me.

    So I trust Him and His Words, including His definition. Here is the quick version of what I found.

    Pride = Refusal to be corrected.

    Love= Honor and Respect.

    Fear= Conscience understanding of life and death and who gives it and takes it away.

    I believe Love for God is the beginning. When we make up our mind that His Ways are better than ours. That His Word's are truer than ours. When we give up on our own righteousness, and our own logic, and honor and respect Him enough to obey Him even when we don't understand the Command, like Abraham did. That is Love as defined by God's Word.

    It has been my experience that when we do this, when we "Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God and HIS Righteousness" and accept what we find even if the religious world around us don't, that is when our journey or "race" starts.

    Without this "Love", we will be ruled by Pride and there will be no "Fear" before our eyes.

    The Word which became Flesh tells us:

    Jer. 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

    This is truth for all of us, but many don't really believe the Word which became Flesh. They choose instead the religious doctrines and traditions of the land. The first human we deceive is our self.

    I believe "Love" as God defines it, is the answer.

    For God so loved
    (honoured and respected) the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Joh 3:16 KJV)

    Studyman: Do you believe God's love only amounts to honour and respect and that's all their is to it?




    Salvation is by faith alone. No man should judge regarding meat, holy days, festivals and the
    Sabbath (Col 2:16). Our rest is in Jesus (Mat 11:28) he is our Great High Priest,
    King of Kings and Lord of Lords who gave himself for our salvation.

  5. #225
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,953
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    I think you confuse "understanding" someone's preaching, with "Agreeing" with someone's preaching. I understand your religion all to well. I just don't agree with it and have posted my reasons why.

    Endo, is telling others something I said which I didn't say. He isn't disagreeing or misunderstanding, he is attributing something to me which never happened.
    you do not understand my teaching, you prove it every time you state something as fact according to our belief which is untruthful

    if you understood it, you would say we believe ................. and it would be correct, it rarely is.
    mailmandan likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  6. #226
    Senior Member Endoscopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2017
    Posts
    1,976
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    It's your lie Endo, not mine.

    I asked for a simple explanation, a single quote, even a partial reason for your BS story about my belief and I get nothing from you but more BS. I have posted my belief on this forum over and over. All you have to do is find where I even suggested Jesus came back in any capacity. Just one place Endo to prove you are not just making crap up about people.


    Either find proof of your accusation, or admit you made a mistake and retract your statement.


    It's the very least that you should do.
    In other words you refuse to explain your view of AD70 issue. That seems suspicious to me. As I posted earlier it is easy to search a thread but almost impossible to search the site. You ask an impossible task. Therefore I suggest you take a long walk on a short pier!!

    Wiggle wiggle wiggle!!
    Last edited by Endoscopy; 6 Days Ago at 04:04 PM.

  7. #227
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,949
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    99

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by JaumeJ View Post
    On the OP once more........

    If we truly meditate on the two laws of Love we find all of the laws contained therein,.

    If you need specifics, pray when you read the law and you will know which constitute and build to love FOR jESUS
    Christ HAS ELABORATED IT to us in His teaching....yes He has.
    Yes,for we are HIS workmanship created In JESUS unto good works.
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

  8. #228
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,081
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post

    For God so loved
    (honoured and respected) the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (Joh 3:16 KJV)

    Studyman: Do you believe God's love only amounts to honour and respect and that's all their is to it?
    The Command is for me to Love God. That is not possible unless I honor and respect Him. Creating religions in His name is not honor or respect.

  9. #229
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,081
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoscopy View Post
    In other words you refuse to explain your view of AD70 issue. That seems suspicious to me. As I posted earlier it is easy to search a thread but almost impossible to search the site. You ask an impossible task. Therefore I suggest you take a long walk on a short pier!!

    Wiggle wiggle wiggle!!
    I see, so you blatantly lie about other people for no reason. Then when they call you out on your lies, you expect them to prove your lie isn't a lie.

    I swear, the lengths you religious people go to protect your pride and wickedness knows no end.

    Other than the fact that I never said Jesus came back in any capacity, Would you please let me know what prompted you to make up such a lie?

    Or is it your custom to just lie about folks for no reason.

  10. #230
    Senior Member Endoscopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2017
    Posts
    1,976
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    I see, so you blatantly lie about other people for no reason. Then when they call you out on your lies, you expect them to prove your lie isn't a lie.

    I swear, the lengths you religious people go to protect your pride and wickedness knows no end.

    Other than the fact that I never said Jesus came back in any capacity, Would you please let me know what prompted you to make up such a lie?

    Or is it your custom to just lie about folks for no reason.
    In other words you are not a Christian. All Christians are religious in believing on Jesus as our savior. So guilty as charged.

  11. #231
    Senior Member Endoscopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2017
    Posts
    1,976
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    I didn't lie. I might say something not factual but not deliberately. Your accusations are insulting. But then you seem to be unable to discuss in a reasonable manner.

  12. #232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,081
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by seed_time_harvest View Post
    Yes,for we are HIS workmanship created In JESUS unto good works.
    "Which God before ordained that we should walk in them"

  13. #233
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,953
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    "Which God before ordained that we should walk in them"
    yep, those who are born again are created for works, thus they will do them , they dont live their old life, it is like poison to them.
    gb9 and mailmandan like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  14. #234
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,807
    Blog Entries
    78
    Rep Power
    305

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoscopy View Post
    In other words you refuse to explain your view of AD70 issue. That seems suspicious to me. As I posted earlier it is easy to search a thread but almost impossible to search the site. You ask an impossible task. Therefore I suggest you take a long walk on a short pier!!

    Wiggle wiggle wiggle!!
    ???what does the belief that Jesus came back in 70 AD have to do with the thread exactly?

    Besides the fact Studyman doesn't believe Jesus second coming we as then.

    Some folks on the forum do but he isn't one of them.

    My view on 70 AD is that the Temple was destroyed thus ending the Old covenant and animal sacrifices. Before that all devote Jews ( even Jesus and the Apostles) still made animal sacrifices in the Temple in accordance with Old covenant laws....afterwards even those who reject Jesus no longer make yearly animal sacrifices because there is no earthly Temple.

    Born again believers of the New covenant are not under the laws of the old covenant but they are under laws Jesus established in His ministry.
    Don't take my word for it. Search Scriptures for yourself!

    Acts 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

  15. #235
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,081
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoscopy View Post
    I didn't lie. I might say something not factual but not deliberately. Your accusations are insulting. But then you seem to be unable to discuss in a reasonable manner.
    So then instead of all the "suspicious" talk, and "hiding something" talk, why didn't you just say I may have misunderstood you SM?

    Why did you reply to someone else's post, and tell them this "not factual" statement. Why didn't you just say "Studyman" do you really believe Jesus came back in 70 AD? And I would have said, "of course not, what gave you that idea?"

    I didn't think you deliberately made things up. We all get the wrong impression from posts from time to time. I just wanted you think about what you did and come clean which you did in this post, at least close enough for me.

    Thank You.

    Regarding 70AD, I don't even think about it, I haven't studied it. The date is irrelevant to me and my belief. That is why I was so frosted when you attributed anything about this date to me.

    I agree with your assessment of Matt. 5 as I understand it. That "ALL" things have yet to be fulfilled, including the return of the Christ. This is a truth many do not accept. A position that is not received very well on this forum.

    If you want to know about my belief, ask me and I will tell you. "gladly" :^)
    JaumeJ likes this.

  16. #236
    Senior Member Endoscopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2017
    Posts
    1,976
    Rep Power
    37

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    So then instead of all the "suspicious" talk, and "hiding something" talk, why didn't you just say I may have misunderstood you SM?

    Why did you reply to someone else's post, and tell them this "not factual" statement. Why didn't you just say "Studyman" do you really believe Jesus came back in 70 AD? And I would have said, "of course not, what gave you that idea?"

    I didn't think you deliberately made things up. We all get the wrong impression from posts from time to time. I just wanted you think about what you did and come clean which you did in this post, at least close enough for me.

    Thank You.

    Regarding 70AD, I don't even think about it, I haven't studied it. The date is irrelevant to me and my belief. That is why I was so frosted when you attributed anything about this date to me.

    I agree with your assessment of Matt. 5 as I understand it. That "ALL" things have yet to be fulfilled, including the return of the Christ. This is a truth many do not accept. A position that is not received very well on this forum.

    If you want to know about my belief, ask me and I will tell you. "gladly" :^)
    Then somehow I confused you with someone else. I apologize!

  17. #237
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2017
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,081
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Endoscopy View Post
    Then somehow I confused you with someone else. I apologize!
    Thanks

    We are good

  18. #238
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,949
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    99

    Default Re: Commandments, AGAIN1

    Quote Originally Posted by Studyman View Post
    "Which God before ordained that we should walk in them"
    ALL glory to GOD.
    JaumeJ and Studyman like this.
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Similar Threads

  1. Keep The Commandments
    By Laodicea in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1102
    Last Post: March 4th, 2015, 12:23 PM
  2. Which Commandments?
    By Hizikyah in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: December 23rd, 2014, 09:52 AM
  3. The 10 Commandments
    By xXTamXx in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 26th, 2013, 06:45 PM
  4. The Ten Commandments in the US
    By JaumeJ in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 21st, 2013, 08:16 AM
  5. The Commandments
    By resurrection33 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2012, 11:59 PM