Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 361
Like Tree450Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

  1. #321
    Senior Member wanderer6059's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2013
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,222
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph- View Post
    1“I (Jesus) am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me (Jesus) that bears no fruit"-John 15:1-2


    According to the passage, in context, who is 'He'?
    Have you ever pruned a plant?

  2. #322
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,804
    Rep Power
    122

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph- View Post
    The manifest goodness of God in your salvation is dependent on your obedience, specifically your obedience to treat people as God expects you to treat them (according to whatever your level of growth in Christ makes you accountable and responsible for).

    Just as the children of God, the Israelites, could not enter into, nor stay in, the manifest blessing of the promised land because of disobedience so we also will be shut out from the manifest blessings of the promises if we choose to disobey God.
    Works salvation preaching right here peoples..

  3. #323
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,736
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    456

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    you said he was hypergrace, prove it.
    He also implied that budman pushes a live as you choose and sin all you want lifestyle which is a flat lie!

  4. #324
    Senior Member Ralph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,400
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    He also implied that budman pushes a live as you choose and sin all you want lifestyle which is a flat lie!
    He said the believer CAN do that and they will still be saved. But he said they should not.

    John on the other hand says don't be deceived, the person who does that is not born again and belongs to the devil:


    "make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous; 8the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil. 9No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother."-1 John 3:7-10


    So we can plainly see that you can NOT live any way you choose, if you decided to do that, and still be saved. Because to do that is to show that you do not belong to Christ in salvation.

    For us saved people, as long as the word of the gospel continues in us and doesn't get uprooted from our hearts in unbelief we will not be practicing sin but will be growing up into our new lives in Christ.



    So let's review so this doesn't escape anybody:

    the one who practices sin is of the devil

    No one who is born of God practices sin

    anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God

    nor the one who does not love his brother


    "Make sure no one deceives you", people! Read the plain words of the Bible.
    Last edited by Ralph-; 1 Week Ago at 07:55 AM.
    Deade likes this.

  5. #325
    Senior Member HeRoseFromTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Posts
    13,267
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph- View Post
    He said the believer CAN do that and they will still be saved. But he said they should not.
    That is definitely what hyper-grace teaches.
    Ralph- likes this.
    This is the work of God: that you believe into the one [the father] set apart. John 6:29

    Interlinear Bible ... Interlinear LXX ... BibleHub Interlinear ... theWord ... Azal River (Zechariah 14:5) ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  6. #326
    Senior Member Ralph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,400
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    Works salvation preaching right here peoples..
    Read carefully to what I said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph- View Post
    The manifest goodness of God in your salvation...
    I wasn't saying you get salvation by obeying God. When you obey God you dwell in the manifest blessings of your salvation--peace, and joy, and abundance of 'zoe' life. When you don't obey God you do not get to enjoy the manifest blessings of your salvation and you dwell in emptiness of spirit.

    This has nothing to do with working for justification/salvation. It has everything to do with if you are going to enjoy the spiritual benefits and abundance of your salvation or not. The benefits are conditioned on your obedience to God. Justification itself is conditioned on your trusting/believing.
    Last edited by Ralph-; 1 Week Ago at 08:05 AM.
    Deade likes this.

  7. #327
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,987
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph- View Post
    I said I don't excuse my sin.
    you can say it all you want, it does. Ot make it true, the fact you claim yu still sin, yet sin does not cause you t lost salvation suggests otherwise, because in reality you believe the same as they do. The fact is if they are justifying sin, so are you, period,

    Hypergrace doctrine justifies habitual sin in the name of grace. It says there is nothing grace can not cover, even going back to unbelief. Read the quote I posted.
    read which quote? The quote from a person wh yu have failed to prove follows the hypergrace doctrine? How can i believe you when are you not being sincere? Budman does not follow pastor prince and his hypergrace gospel.
    John, on the other hand, says the person who is living in the habit and practice of sin is not saved. Hypergrace vehemently disagrees with that, even though John's words are the plain words of scripture.
    John says they were never saved, he says whoever does 5is has never seen Gid or known him, everyone her i know who followes hypergrace trachers agrees wih this premis, yet you do not. Why is that?


    Here is a fact, the only difference in reality between you and me (and hypergrace) is that you think we can lose faith in God, we believe that a person who truly had faith would never stop believing because God will never give us a reason to stop trusting.

    So in reality, based on belief or lack of belief (only,no sin or works are involved because as you say, you do not believe we earn salvation bu works, and you claim sin does not cause your u to lose salvation), we either are all excusing sin, or non of us are, you cant have it both ways, i know people who believe as you, who i know are saved, we just disagree on this issue of loss of faith, we dont argue because we both agree, that person will not be in heaven. But i cant do that with you, because unlike them you focus on sin and works to much, so in your view, it is not just a faith/lack of faith issue.
    dcontroversal and Deade like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  8. #328
    Senior Member Ralph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,400
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph- View Post
    I said I don't excuse my sin.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    you can say it all you want, it does. Ot make it true, the fact you claim yu still sin, yet sin does not cause you t lost salvation suggests otherwise
    But you also believe that sin does not cause you to lose salvation, so you excuse sin too, then.

    Think things through before you post.

  9. #329
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,987
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    I do think eternal assurance is the heart of the gospel so yes something to stand firm on.
    Amen, if we do not have faith in security in christ, what is our faith in? Certainly not christ, then how could we be saved apart from faith in christ?
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  10. #330
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,987
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by joaniemarie View Post
    I agree with you UnderGrace and security in Christ is what I've also learned to stand firm on and was totally weak and unproductive without that wonderful amazing security. But trust is something we learn as we go. I see many things that Christians say who do not believe in eternal security to be RIGHT on but in other areas they are off.

    But so are those who believe in eternal security. Those believers also get off on tangents too. We each have our human weaknesses. We can all get petty and silly and argue about things that only the Holy Spirit can reveal. I heard a preacher once discuss this issue.

    He said it's like arguing with a young child about how he should have a grown beard by now and condemning him for not having a long beard yet. That's how we are with other Christians.

    "WHERE'S YOUR BEARD!!!!??? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!??? ARE YOU STUPID OR SOMETHING?? WHERE'S YOUR BEARD?!!

    A person can argue all they want from day to night but it will not form inside the other a grown up mature beard.


    And in all seriousness., I don't see how anyone can live joyfully and peacefully when they are in a "precarious" situation.
    Don't you just love words!!! Since losing my spell check., I've had to use the dictionary more.
    Remember, the gospel is the issue, what we believe concerning end times, if spiritual gifting, or age of the earth does not matter in the eternal perspective, what we believe as far as the gospel is serious. As paul said, if ANYONE teach a different gospel, let them be accursed.

    There is one gospel if you have two people placing their faith in different gospels, at least one is in trouble (assuming the other has it right)
    UnderGrace and Deade like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  11. #331
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,987
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by HeRoseFromTheDead View Post
    That is definitely what hyper-grace teaches.

    Can either of you two prove it? Or are we gonna do like your buddies who are no longer here did, and make accusation without fact?
    dcontroversal and UnderGrace like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  12. #332
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,987
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph- View Post
    But you also believe that sin does not cause you to lose salvation, so you excuse sin too, then.

    Think things through before you post.
    You just provd my point, if do, then so do you (do you ever read what your responding to?

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    you can say it all you want, it does. Ot make it true, the fact you claim yu still sin, yet sin does not cause you t lost salvation suggests otherwise, because in reality you believe the same as they do. The fact is if they are justifying sin, so are you, period,
    You also just prove how tricky and sly you are by not completed the quote of my words, whcih said the very thing you insinuatd, as if i did. T believe that myself.
    dcontroversal likes this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  13. #333
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,228
    Rep Power
    204

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    It does get rather tiresome, the accusation that is.


    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    Can either of you two prove it? Or are we gonna do like your buddies who are no longer here did, and make accusation without fact?
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  14. #334
    Senior Member Ralph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,400
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    You just provd my point, if do, then so do you (do you ever read what your responding to?



    You also just prove how tricky and sly you are by not completed the quote of my words, whcih said the very thing you insinuatd, as if i did. T believe that myself.
    I do not excuse sin by saying to myself when I'm tempted to sin, "I can do this because of God's grace."

    Do you?


    Hypergrace/Freegrace doctrine says you can.

  15. #335
    Senior Member Ralph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,400
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    It does get rather tiresome, the accusation that is.
    I posted a quote describing Hypergrace/Freegrace theology. Did you miss it?

    That makes about three times I've posted here at CC.


    And like I said, debates I've had with others who subscribe to that theology have said the very same things that are in what I posted, so I know the article is not unfairly slanted or inaccurate. Besides, it quotes Charles Stanley directly. You do know who Charles Stanley is, don't you?

  16. #336
    Senior Member HeRoseFromTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Posts
    13,267
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    It does get rather tiresome, the accusation that is.
    If someone really wants to know, it's easily researched. What's tiresome is providing asked-for evidence to some who put their hands over their ears and say "LA LA LA LA..." so that they don't hear it, and then pretend later to have never received what they asked for.
    Ralph- likes this.
    This is the work of God: that you believe into the one [the father] set apart. John 6:29

    Interlinear Bible ... Interlinear LXX ... BibleHub Interlinear ... theWord ... Azal River (Zechariah 14:5) ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  17. #337
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,228
    Rep Power
    204

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Yes I did miss it,

    Tell me the number of the post.

    What is Grace to you?

    I will be back

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph- View Post
    I posted a quote describing Hypergrace/Freegrace theology. Did you miss it?

    That makes about three times I've posted here at CC.


    And like I said, debates I've had with others who subscribe to that theology have said the very same things that are in what I posted, so I know the article is not unfairly slanted or inaccurate. Besides, it quotes Charles Stanley directly. You do know who Charles Stanley is, don't you?
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  18. #338
    Senior Member UnderGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,228
    Rep Power
    204

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Do you know what is God's grace?

    It does not say that.

    Please do not lump hyper grace and free grace they are not the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph- View Post
    I do not excuse sin by saying to myself when I'm tempted to sin, "I can do this because of God's grace."

    Do you?


    Hypergrace/Freegrace doctrine says you can.
    For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
    Romans 6:14

  19. #339
    Senior Member Ralph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2017
    Age
    55
    Posts
    2,400
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    Yes I did miss it,

    Tell me the number of the post.
    Post #294

    Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?



    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    What is Grace to you?
    Grace is unmerited, unearned favor.

  20. #340
    Senior Member HeRoseFromTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Posts
    13,267
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: Does God Sever Fellowship With Us When We Sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGrace View Post
    Please do not lump hyper grace and free grace they are not the same.
    That's true, but they are both post-modern grace doctrines that have core similarities.
    This is the work of God: that you believe into the one [the father] set apart. John 6:29

    Interlinear Bible ... Interlinear LXX ... BibleHub Interlinear ... theWord ... Azal River (Zechariah 14:5) ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looking to Fellowship
    By petalfin in forum Filipino Christian Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 8th, 2016, 06:44 AM
  2. Fellowship
    By Lindsay in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: July 1st, 2012, 11:33 PM
  3. need fellowship
    By Jesusfreak37 in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM
  4. new and looking for fellowship
    By endtimes12 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 29th, 2012, 04:45 PM
  5. Men's Fellowship and Women's Fellowship Rooms
    By Lazarus25 in forum Suggestions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2011, 02:22 PM