Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 166
Like Tree340Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Anne Frank In Hell

  1. #121
    Senior Member renewed_hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2016
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,894
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    113

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ2 View Post
    Does this mean that OSAS is sinful since they assume the same thing about themselves?
    Wow! Don't even know how to answer this one and since it seems like what I said has been twisted around and around. I am out! Please don't bring up OSAS...that is a topic that makes people's blood boil on here

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    She probably meant that it is a sin to assume that a person went to hell because that would be judging them.
    Yes, thank you!
    I choose to honor God by inspiring people. How do you honor him?........

  2. #122
    Senior Member Dino246's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2015
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,654
    Rep Power
    226

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Budman... I think you've mastered the art of the clickbait thread title.

  3. #123
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    51
    Posts
    29,794
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    456

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    I am surprised that some in this thread actually believe one can make the kingdom without coming through the one and ONLY DOOR.

    Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of GOD....NO ONE MAKES THE KINGDOM OF GOD without being saved by faith or safe under the blood....WOW....

  4. #124
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    51,999
    Rep Power
    483

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    It says that YOU.... may know... that YOU have... I actually originally italicized the you’s in that Scripture because I figured you'd say that, but the fact still stands John didn’t have any issue with people knowing they HAD eternal life. John didn’t even say you’re going to have, John past tenses it pointing to the moment they believed. He’s so cool and eager for them to know they have eternal life. He writes them a letter about it!

    ”I write these things to you so that YOU (insert readers name here) may know (confidently understand) you HAVE (currently possess) eternal life.”

    What I love about johns encouragement is the fact he says it is this knowledge we have etenal life, ths security in christ, that gives us the ability to continue to believe in his name.

    Which is prety much proven by the fact those who do not believe in security are the ones claiming we can fall away and stop believeing. Which makes sense, because their faith is in their ability to continue to believe, not in the one who saved them
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  5. #125


    DJ2
    DJ2 is online now
    Senior Member DJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2017
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    It says that YOU.... may know... that YOU have... I actually originally italicized the you’s in that Scripture because I figured you'd say that, but the fact still stands John didn’t have any issue with people knowing they HAD eternal life. John didn’t even say you’re going to have, John past tenses it pointing to the moment they believed. He’s so cool and eager for them to know they have eternal life. He writes them a letter about it!

    ”I write these things to you so that YOU (insert readers name here) may know (confidently understand) you HAVE (currently possess) eternal life.”
    You are making the classic OSAS mistake. You are defending a concept that is not in question.

    The issue of whether or not Christians are granted salvation is not in debate, The issue of whether or not Christians can feel assured of salvation is also not up for debate. The weak and dangerous link in unquestionable assurance is simply the assumption that we cannot be wrong about our quality of belief.

    John's letter was read to the church as a whole, to assume that everyone hearing the message was being told that their salvation was guaranteed would be foolish. John was making a true but general statement that the Christians were guaranteed salvation not that all who claimed to be Christian were guaranteed salvation.

    Salvation is assured to Christians not to those who sincerely believe they are Christians.

    Mormons misuse the same verses as you, they too believe the "you" applies to them individually. Where the potential for false assurance exist, true assurance cannot.
    Last edited by DJ2; 1 Week Ago at 07:08 AM.

  6. #126


    CS1
    CS1 is offline
    Moderator CS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,065
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    I was watching a documentary on the Holocaust, and they had a small segment on Anne Frank. I'm sure most of you know who she was and probably read her diary in school, as I did. I'm also sure most of you know her fate - death in a Concentration Camp about a month and a half before the end of the war.

    It troubles me greatly knowing that she, and the 6 million Jewish victims of Hitler, are now in Hades.

    I know doctrine. I know that we are all sinners deserving hell. I know the holiness of God demands punishment for the lost. But I can't help thinking about that poor girl, suffering in darkness, a victim of a satanically possessed mass murderer.

    She harmed no one. Loved greatly. Just a child. Yet her eternal fate is sealed.

    Maybe I'm just in a melancholy mood. Maybe I don't understand as much as I think I do.

    Thoughts?

    you have a presumption about all the 6million Jews and this women are in “ hades” . You do not know that. IF they have not accepted the Lord then you would be correct. BUT you do not know , and that should give you some comfort
    tourist and joaniemarie like this.
    it Don't mean a thing if you an't got the King

  7. #127
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,958
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    167

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ2 View Post
    You are making the classic OSAS mistake. You are defending a concept that is not in question.

    The issue of whether or not Christians are granted salvation is not in debate, The issue of whether or not Christians can feel assured of salvation is also not up for debate. The weak and dangerous link in unquestionable assurance is simply the assumption that we cannot be wrong about our quality of belief.

    John's letter was read to the church as a whole, to assume that everyone hearing the message was being told that their salvation was guaranteed would be foolish. John was making a true but general statement that the Christians were guaranteed salvation not that all who claimed to be Christian were guaranteed salvation.

    Salvation is assured to Christians not to those who sincerely believe they are Christians.

    Mormons misuse the same verses as you, they too believe the "you" applies to them individually. Where the potential for false assurance exist, true assurance cannot.
    What type of doublespeak is this? You say salvation is assured for the Christian, then proceed to sow doubt into the hearts of the true (Christians). Are you doing the devil's work, or will you, like John, give assurance to the brethren? True assurance can be had, or do you not fellowship with God? What do you proclaim, is it Christ and Him crucified?

    The existence of false assurance does not nullify true assurance, for the Spirit does bear witness within us.

    Romans 8:16 King James Version (KJV)

    16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:



    CS1, Budman, joaniemarie and 1 others like this.

  8. #128


    DJ2
    DJ2 is online now
    Senior Member DJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2017
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by BenFTW View Post
    What type of doublespeak is this? You say salvation is assured for the Christian, then proceed to sow doubt into the hearts of the true (Christians). Are you doing the devil's work, or will you, like John, give assurance to the brethren? True assurance can be had, or do you not fellowship with God? What do you proclaim, is it Christ and Him crucified?

    The existence of false assurance does not nullify true assurance, for the Spirit does bear witness within us.

    Romans 8:16 King James Version (KJV)

    16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:



    What type of doublespeak is this?
    My words are straight forward and clear, there is no doublespeak.

    You say salvation is assured for the Christian
    I most certainly do.

    then proceed to sow doubt into the hearts of the true (Christians).
    The truth cuts the heart (Hebrews 4:12) it does not sow doubt in it.

    Are you doing the devil's work, or will you, like John, give assurance to the brethren? True assurance can be had, or do you not fellowship with God? What do you proclaim, is it Christ and Him crucified?
    I can ask you the same question. Are you doing the devil's work or will you, like Paul, give warning to the brethren to watch and stand fast in the faith, be brave and strong. No one goes to hell because they were too watchful. We are to run the race, or do you not fellowship with God? What do you proclaim, is it Christ that takes away the lampstands of the body?

    The existence of false assurance does not nullify true assurance, for the Spirit does bear witness within us.
    The existence of false assurance does not nullify true assurance but it certainly does nullify our ability to individually know who possesses the assurance.

    Romans 8:16 King James Version (KJV)

    16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
    Projecting yourself individually into a promise does not prove you are the recipient to the promise. This is the part you do not seem to grasp.

    The just live by faith not personal assurance.
    Last edited by DJ2; 1 Week Ago at 05:03 PM.

  9. #129
    Senior Member JesusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2013
    Age
    63
    Posts
    12,785
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    443

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    It might just be me but I don't think we really have the right to try and determine anyone's fate of heaven or hell. God only knows the heart and what goes on in the inside of a person whether they are close to Him or not. I guess I just don't feel like it is my job to determine the outcome of a person.

    It is my job to love them as Christ loves us and to try and help them give their hearts to God and accept Jesus as their Savior, but God's job to know where we all end up...
    PennEd, tourist and DJ2 like this.

  10. #130
    Senior Member PennEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2013
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,838
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    387

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by JesusLives View Post
    It might just be me but I don't think we really have the right to try and determine anyone's fate of heaven or hell. God only knows the heart and what goes on in the inside of a person whether they are close to Him or not. I guess I just don't feel like it is my job to determine the outcome of a person.

    It is my job to love them as Christ loves us and to try and help them give their hearts to God and accept Jesus as their Savior, but God's job to know where we all end up...
    I'm not sure I'm right, but I tend to understand THIS passage to mean what you say. That we shouldn't speculate if someone who died is saved or not:
    ROMANS 6:

    6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “ ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
    Cee, tourist and joaniemarie like this.

  11. #131


    Cee
    Cee is offline
    Senior Member Cee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by PennEd View Post
    I'm not sure I'm right, but I tend to understand THIS passage to mean what you say. That we shouldn't speculate if someone who died is saved or not:
    ROMANS 6:

    6 But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) 7 or, “ ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ ” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
    Interesting viewpoint on this Scripture, the one I focus on is this one:

    Romans 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
    PennEd, tourist and joaniemarie like this.
    Gimme cooookieeee.

  12. #132


    DJ2
    DJ2 is online now
    Senior Member DJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2017
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    Interesting viewpoint on this Scripture, the one I focus on is this one:

    Romans 14:4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
    Great verse. This cuts to the core on the claims of personal individual assurance. How can we judge ourselves or others on the issue of individual eternal assurance? This is the job of the Master not us.

    I believe many will be shocked when they realize that their assurance was not as assured as they thought.

  13. #133


    Cee
    Cee is offline
    Senior Member Cee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ2 View Post
    Great verse. This cuts to the core on the claims of personal individual assurance. How can we judge ourselves or others on the issue of individual eternal assurance? This is the job of the Master not us.

    I believe many will be shocked when they realize that their assurance was not as assured as they thought.
    This verse is actually teaching the opposite, please note it says the Lord is ABLE to make Him stand. So once again this is assurance of being upheld. Not fear of believing you are upheld.

    A verse that you could use, would be take heed lest you fall, that would link up better. But even that Scripture is talking more about relationship not positional righteousness.
    garee likes this.
    Gimme cooookieeee.

  14. #134


    DJ2
    DJ2 is online now
    Senior Member DJ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2017
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,595
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Cee View Post
    This verse is actually teaching the opposite, please note it says the Lord is ABLE to make Him stand. So once again this is assurance of being upheld. Not fear of believing you are upheld.

    A verse that you could use, would be take heed lest you fall, that would link up better. But even that Scripture is talking more about relationship not positional righteousness.
    Anyone making a judgement on the servant of another Master is being called out in this verse, that includes ourselves. For someone to proclaim that they know their eternal fate is a judgement left not to them but God. They are simply projecting themselves into the pronouns without cause or warrant. Something that many groups do.

  15. #135


    Cee
    Cee is offline
    Senior Member Cee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,891
    Blog Entries
    57
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ2 View Post
    Anyone making a judgement on the servant of another Master is being called out in this verse, that includes ourselves. For someone to proclaim that they know their eternal fate is a judgement left not to them but God. They are simply projecting themselves into the pronouns without cause or warrant. Something that many groups do.
    Believe as you wish. I'm not trying to debate, take care.
    Gimme cooookieeee.

  16. #136
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    22,083
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    538

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    How many people have you done this for?
    I dunno, maybe 10 or 12. I didn't keep a scorecard I can't give a precise number.
    joaniemarie likes this.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  17. #137
    Senior Member Budman's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,861
    Rep Power
    159

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I dunno, maybe 10 or 12. I didn't keep a scorecard I can't give a precise number.

    So, you're able to pray for God to go back in time and cause someone to receive Jesus before they would have gone to hell and you've only done this for only 10 or 12 people?
    BenFTW likes this.

  18. #138
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,958
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    167

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    So, you're able to pray for God to go back in time and cause someone to receive Jesus before they would have gone to hell and you've only done this for only 10 or 12 people?
    He is very selective. Only the best are allowed on his prayer list, lol. I put in my application but he didn't like the beard.
    Budman, tourist and Deade like this.

  19. #139
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,958
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    167

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by tourist View Post
    I dunno, maybe 10 or 12. I didn't keep a scorecard I can't give a precise number.
    You know I am only joking with you Tourist (my previous post). I do wonder though, are you saying that God changed the time line of events because of your prayer retroactively, or are you saying because He knew you would make that prayer (before creating the universe) for their soul they before dying accepted Christ (on the basis of that prayer in accordance with His will)?
    tourist and Deade like this.

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2016
    Age
    69
    Posts
    5,363
    Rep Power
    104

    Default Re: Anne Frank In Hell

    Quote Originally Posted by Budman View Post
    I was watching a documentary on the Holocaust, and they had a small segment on Anne Frank. I'm sure most of you know who she was and probably read her diary in school, as I did. I'm also sure most of you know her fate - death in a Concentration Camp about a month and a half before the end of the war.

    It troubles me greatly knowing that she, and the 6 million Jewish victims of Hitler, are now in Hades.



    I know doctrine. I know that we are all sinners deserving hell. I know the holiness of God demands punishment for the lost. But I can't help thinking about that poor girl, suffering in darkness, a victim of a satanically possessed mass murderer.

    She harmed no one. Loved greatly. Just a child. Yet her eternal fate is sealed.

    Maybe I'm just in a melancholy mood. Maybe I don't understand as much as I think I do.

    Thoughts?
    The peace of God surpasses all understanding even when a person is in a
    melancholy mood or one full of joy.
    Deade likes this.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anne from California
    By Anne_81 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: January 10th, 2018, 06:10 PM
  2. TO MY FRIEND,, BY ANNE CAMPBELL
    By jkalyna in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2013, 02:06 PM
  3. Anne Frank
    By Saul_Durian in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
  4. Hi Im Anne from Malaysia
    By MissAnne in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2010, 12:58 AM
  5. Anne's Awesome Aliterations
    By MusicalMe in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: July 21st, 2009, 03:41 PM