Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: no man knows the son, but the father.

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2011
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,783
    Rep Power
    0

    Default no man knows the son, but the father.

    in luke 10:22. JESUS said '''no man knows the son, but the father,and no man knows the father, but the son.
    now why did JESUS say this, have you ever wonder?
    dont we all pray to the son and the father? haven t we done this for centuries?
    have we not allways prayed to the son and the father? where have we gone wrong?
    we as christians can not afford to ignore this question,because it is JESUS claim.
    this should make us feel uneasy. why lord, did you say that; i know you lord, you are the son of GOD,
    the mesiah. i think i know why JESUS said that,because, sometimes we say that JESUS is GOD.
    sometimes we say he is the son of GOD,and sometimes we say that GOD died for us.
    so JESUS was right, we are still confused, we dont really know, we just assume we know.
    why have we not found the secret? is it because we are lax.
    not to interested in seeking the deep things of GOD,if we are not hot, but lukewarm,we know what
    JESUS is going to do. this only means that JESUS is not happy. they worship me with their lips;
    their heart is far away from me, if they only seek, i would have reveal to them the mysterery.
    but since they are not interested i will keep it a secret,i will only reveal it to them that are seeking
    for me. so if you are really curious about the lord, seek and he will reveal it to you.
    the buddhists know who buddha is, the krishnas know who krishna is.
    but JESUS said you my people dont know who i am: this is so sad indeed.
    dont get all upset, i am not telling you a lie.

    wakeup.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,708
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by wakeup View Post
    in luke 10:22. JESUS said '''no man knows the son, but the father,and no man knows the father, but the son.
    now why did JESUS say this, have you ever wonder?
    dont we all pray to the son and the father? haven t we done this for centuries?
    have we not allways prayed to the son and the father? where have we gone wrong?
    we as christians can not afford to ignore this question,because it is JESUS claim.
    this should make us feel uneasy. why lord, did you say that; i know you lord, you are the son of GOD,
    the mesiah. i think i know why JESUS said that,because, sometimes we say that JESUS is GOD.
    sometimes we say he is the son of GOD,and sometimes we say that GOD died for us.
    so JESUS was right, we are still confused, we dont really know, we just assume we know.
    why have we not found the secret? is it because we are lax.
    not to interested in seeking the deep things of GOD,if we are not hot, but lukewarm,we know what
    JESUS is going to do. this only means that JESUS is not happy. they worship me with their lips;
    their heart is far away from me, if they only seek, i would have reveal to them the mysterery.
    but since they are not interested i will keep it a secret,i will only reveal it to them that are seeking
    for me. so if you are really curious about the lord, seek and he will reveal it to you.
    the buddhists know who buddha is, the krishnas know who krishna is.
    but JESUS said you my people dont know who i am: this is so sad indeed.
    dont get all upset, i am not telling you a lie.

    wakeup.

    Personally, I'm not upset; and I don't think you're telling us a lie. You and your cohorts are very close to the truth compared with Trinitarians. But... even though you're not maliciously lying, you are mistaken because of your intense English-only understanding.

    Luke 10:22-

    "...and no*man (oudeis G3762) knoweth (ginosko G1097) who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

    No*man is oudeis (G3762), which comes from ou (G3756), not, and heis (G1520), one. Oudeis means "not one" or "no one". Man is anthropos (G444). Oudeis does NOT literally mean "no man". If it meant man, God would be a man. It doesn't, and He isn't. Nowhere in this verse in Jesus referred to as oudeis; but the second phrase reflects the first, and would imply Jesus.

    All this verse says is, " No one knows the Son but the Father; and no one knows the Father but the Son, and to whom the Son will reveal."

    Knoweth is ginosko (G1097pin), which is experiential knowledge by degree of thorough participation in that which is known. The present indicative active (pin) asserts something which is occurring while the statement is being made. It further represents contemporaneous action, as opposed to action in the past or the future. Also, it represents the action as being accomplished by the subject of the verb.

    "No*man knoweth" means "no one right now knows of their OWN knowledge", except to whom the Son will (boulomai G1014psmp) reveal (apokalupto G601ainf). [I'll leave these two for another time.]

    This verse doesn't represent the Father or the Son as a man. (You'll find many similar issues with other English-only read-over type doctrinal beliefs.)

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2011
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,783
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    Personally, I'm not upset; and I don't think you're telling us a lie. You and your cohorts are very close to the truth compared with Trinitarians. But... even though you're not maliciously lying, you are mistaken because of your intense English-only understanding.

    Luke 10:22-

    "...and no*man (oudeis G3762) knoweth (ginosko G1097) who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

    No*man is oudeis (G3762), which comes from ou (G3756), not, and heis (G1520), one. Oudeis means "not one" or "no one". Man is anthropos (G444). Oudeis does NOT literally mean "no man". If it meant man, God would be a man. It doesn't, and He isn't. Nowhere in this verse in Jesus referred to as oudeis; but the second phrase reflects the first, and would imply Jesus.

    All this verse says is, " No one knows the Son but the Father; and no one knows the Father but the Son, and to whom the Son will reveal."

    Knoweth is ginosko (G1097pin), which is experiential knowledge by degree of thorough participation in that which is known. The present indicative active (pin) asserts something which is occurring while the statement is being made. It further represents contemporaneous action, as opposed to action in the past or the future. Also, it represents the action as being accomplished by the subject of the verb.

    "No*man knoweth" means "no one right now knows of their OWN knowledge", except to whom the Son will (boulomai G1014psmp) reveal (apokalupto G601ainf). [I'll leave these two for another time.]

    This verse doesn't represent the Father or the Son as a man. (You'll find many similar issues with other English-only read-over type doctrinal beliefs.)



    accoring to you, should that scipture be replaced, or changed? is it misleading to the flock, with your knowledge of language, how exactly should it read? because not everyone is an expert with words.
    i also noticed that the scriptures are not written for the experts, the true flock mainly consist of the simple
    and the humble. the scriptures are written for everyone to understand. would you rephrase that scripture
    as how it should read to your opinion. according to my understanding, that scripture never refers to GOD as
    man, it was addressed to man: not to the father nor the son, it is about the father and the son.
    in mathew 11:27 is a similar scripture. thank you.

    wakeup.

  4. #4
    loveasaweapon
    Guest

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Wakeup--

    You're correct that scripture was not written solely for the experts. However we do have to consider that scripture was not originally written in English, and there are things that can be lost in translation. See John 21:15-17. In any English version I have ever read Jesus asks Peter if he loves him, and Peter responds that he does love him. However in the Greek they are using two very different words for love. It is not a dramatic doctrinal issue here, but a clear example of how things can be lost in translation. I am no language expert, but I do own a concordance and a Greek-English lexicon that has helped me dramatically in studying the Bible.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,708
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Before I answer about these passages, let me clarify. I've spent many years studying the languages by the Spirit, while praying on long fasts. I've disciplined my mind and will to yield to the purest true exegesis of the Word and allowed my opinion to be conformed to that truth. I don't hold to any church traditions and doctrines that aren't according to the Word. That's why I reject Trinity of three persons and many other common Protestant teachings.

    There's an even clearer scriptural definition that I may share in due time, but saying God, His OWN Word (made flesh), and His OWN Spirit is very descriptive and close to the truth. That Logos (Word) is indeed Deity, though. I can show it clearly from the Greek text; but... not as a pre-existent third "person" like Trinity error.

    Quote Originally Posted by wakeup View Post
    accoring to you, should that scipture be replaced, or changed?
    No, since Scripture is God-breathed. Luke 10:22 and Matt. 11:27 are both rendered "no one" in the NKJV, NASB, ESV, NIV, and many others. "No man" isn't an incorrect translation so much as an older one. For reading, it's fine; for serious study, one needs at least basic language tools anyway.

    I teach many others how to utilize good language resources without learning the languages themselves. It's just basic study stewardship for rightly dividing the Word of truth.

    is it misleading to the flock, with your knowledge of language, how exactly should it read? because not everyone is an expert with words.
    No, it's not misleading. Many newer versions read "no one". It's just the nature and difficulty of translation. Again, basic language tools are vital for in-depth study.

    i also noticed that the scriptures are not written for the experts, the true flock mainly consist of the simple
    and the humble. the scriptures are written for everyone to understand.
    True, but you're talking about in-depth study, even for the common person. Such is the difficulty of translation.

    would you rephrase that scripture as how it should read to your opinion.
    In Luke, "no one" instead of "no*man". Same for Matt., with "no one" instead of "no*man" and "anybody" instead of "any*man". Newer translations say exactly that.

    according to my understanding, that scripture never refers to GOD as
    man, it was addressed to man: not to the father nor the son, it is about the father and the son.
    Correct. :-)

    in mathew 11:27 is a similar scripture. thank you.
    Matt. 11:27 is virtually identical...
    "...and no*man (G3762) knoweth (epiginosko G1921) the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth (epiginosko G1921) any*man the Fathet, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him."

    Knoweth is epiginosko (G1921pin), which is an intensive (epi-) form of ginosko in Luke 10. Ginosko is present and fragmentary experiential knowledge by participation. Epiginosko is clear and exact experiential knowledge by more thorough participation.

    These verses are telling men they have no acquired knowledge of experience of the Father or the Son. They can only know if the Son reveals.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,708
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by loveasaweapon View Post
    Wakeup--

    You're correct that scripture was not written solely for the experts. However we do have to consider that scripture was not originally written in English, and there are things that can be lost in translation. See John 21:15-17. In any English version I have ever read Jesus asks Peter if he loves him, and Peter responds that he does love him. However in the Greek they are using two very different words for love. It is not a dramatic doctrinal issue here, but a clear example of how things can be lost in translation. I am no language expert, but I do own a concordance and a Greek-English lexicon that has helped me dramatically in studying the Bible.
    Well said. Basic language tools. :-)

  7. #7
    loveasaweapon
    Guest

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    PPS--

    Thank you. However I do disagree with you on the Trinity. Your praying and fasting is impressive, but then there are Muslims who are far more devout in such areas than most Christians, and they are still in error.

    Here's a quote on the Son of God from Charles Ryrie from Basic Theology--

    "What does it mean? Though the phrase 'son of' can mean 'offspring of', it also carries the meaning, 'of the order of'. Thus in the Old Testament 'sons of the prophets' meant of the order of prophets (1 Kings 20:35), and 'sons of the singers' meant of the order of the singers (Neh. 12:28). The designation 'Son of God' when used of our Lord means of the order of God and is a strong and clear claim to full Deity."

    I would say be careful when receiving things from the Spirit. There are lots of spirits out there competing for our attention, and only one of them comes from God.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,708
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by loveasaweapon View Post
    PPS--

    Thank you. However I do disagree with you on the Trinity. Your praying and fasting is impressive, but then there are Muslims who are far more devout in such areas than most Christians, and they are still in error.

    Here's a quote on the Son of God from Charles Ryrie from Basic Theology--

    "What does it mean? Though the phrase 'son of' can mean 'offspring of', it also carries the meaning, 'of the order of'. Thus in the Old Testament 'sons of the prophets' meant of the order of prophets (1 Kings 20:35), and 'sons of the singers' meant of the order of the singers (Neh. 12:28). The designation 'Son of God' when used of our Lord means of the order of God and is a strong and clear claim to full Deity."

    I would say be careful when receiving things from the Spirit. There are lots of spirits out there competing for our attention, and only one of them comes from God.
    Muslims general fast from sunrise to sunset, then eat whatever they want while the sun is down; and only during Holy Weeks. One could literally "fast" their whole life in such a manner.

    I'm quite familiar with Ryrie, though I disagree with him about most things.

    Perhaps you somehow perceive that I deny the Deity of Christ. I affirm it. I disaffirm Trinity.

    Yes, there are many spirits. That's why it's vital to have one's senses exercised to discern both good and evil, by reason of use (Heb. 5:14).

  9. #9
    loveasaweapon
    Guest

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Perhaps you somehow perceive that I deny the Deity of Christ. I affirm it. I disaffirm Trinity.

    So what exactly do you believe? The father, the son, but no holy spirit? Or the idea that the Holy Spirit is. . .what is it. . .a force through which God acts? Are the Father and Son completely separate, or are they completely one with no distinction between them?

    Is there a particular denomination that best describes you?

    As for the Muslims, they are required to fast during Ramadan as you desribed, but they are not limited to just that for the whole year.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2011
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,783
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by loveasaweapon View Post
    Wakeup--

    You're correct that scripture was not written solely for the experts. However we do have to consider that scripture was not originally written in English, and there are things that can be lost in translation. See John 21:15-17. In any English version I have ever read Jesus asks Peter if he loves him, and Peter responds that he does love him. However in the Greek they are using two very different words for love. It is not a dramatic doctrinal issue here, but a clear example of how things can be lost in translation. I am no language expert, but I do own a concordance and a Greek-English lexicon that has helped me dramatically in studying the Bible.

    jesus tells us to seek, we need to have faith that he also will provide us the way.
    he has provided us with the bible and with his guidance we will find.
    faith is important.we need not to spend time to quibble about this is translated wrong or that is the wrong
    word, we just need to seek. thank you.
    wakeup.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2011
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,783
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by loveasaweapon View Post
    So what exactly do you believe? The father, the son, but no holy spirit? Or the idea that the Holy Spirit is. . .what is it. . .a force through which God acts? Are the Father and Son completely separate, or are they completely one with no distinction between them?

    Is there a particular denomination that best describes you?

    As for the Muslims, they are required to fast during Ramadan as you desribed, but they are not limited to just that for the whole year.

    what is refraining from eating food do ,does it make one a better person?
    we ought to refrain from doing bad, to reject jesus by calling him a prophet, and not the son of GOD
    is allready blasphemy, so what good is all that fasting do?
    millions of people are fasting in the world at this minute, in africa, asia,??
    the fasting that GOD wants is fasting from doing evil.
    i hope you agree with this.

    wakeup.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2011
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,783
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by loveasaweapon View Post
    PPS--

    Thank you. However I do disagree with you on the Trinity. Your praying and fasting is impressive, but then there are Muslims who are far more devout in such areas than most Christians, and they are still in error.

    Here's a quote on the Son of God from Charles Ryrie from Basic Theology--

    "What does it mean? Though the phrase 'son of' can mean 'offspring of', it also carries the meaning, 'of the order of'. Thus in the Old Testament 'sons of the prophets' meant of the order of prophets (1 Kings 20:35), and 'sons of the singers' meant of the order of the singers (Neh. 12:28). The designation 'Son of God' when used of our Lord means of the order of God and is a strong and clear claim to full Deity."

    I would say be careful when receiving things from the Spirit. There are lots of spirits out there competing for our attention, and only one of them comes from God.

    in JESUS case it is very clear that he is the son of GOD for he was born of a virgin,by the wil of god
    so that makes him the son of GOD. we are all born by the will of men. and GOD mentioned it in the book of isiah that a virgin shall conceive . thank you .

    wakeup.

  13. #13
    loveasaweapon
    Guest

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Wakeup--

    I am not a Muslim and was not writing to support their beliefs--merely identify them in relation to something someone else said.

    I do believe in fasting because, quite simply, Jesus told us to. There is a war going on between the flesh and the spirit (Gal 5:17), and I do believe that denying the flesh is to embrace the spirit. I think it is also possible to take that too far, or place to much emphasis on it, but it does have its place in a Christian's life.

    We are also, as you said, to abstain from doing evil. Even, Paul said, what might have just the appearance of evil (1 Thess 5:22)

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2011
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,783
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by loveasaweapon View Post
    So what exactly do you believe? The father, the son, but no holy spirit? Or the idea that the Holy Spirit is. . .what is it. . .a force through which God acts? Are the Father and Son completely separate, or are they completely one with no distinction between them?

    Is there a particular denomination that best describes you?

    As for the Muslims, they are required to fast during Ramadan as you desribed, but they are not limited to just that for the whole year.

    accepting christ with the lips, but denying that he is the mesiah and the son of of GOD is blasphemy.
    if one accept Jesus, one also must follow his commandments, he is the word of GOD in the flesh
    and one can only come to GOD by his word only, not by the word of some other prophet.
    for the scripture says the prophets are only to john, there are no more prophets after john.
    for GOD does not contradict him self.
    regards to you.

    wakeup.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2011
    Age
    53
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    0

    Post Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by wakeup View Post
    in luke 10:22. JESUS said '''no man knows the son, but the father,and no man knows the father, but the son.
    now why did JESUS say this, have you ever wonder?
    dont we all pray to the son and the father? haven t we done this for centuries?
    have we not allways prayed to the son and the father? where have we gone wrong?
    we as christians can not afford to ignore this question,because it is JESUS claim.
    this should make us feel uneasy. why lord, did you say that; i know you lord, you are the son of GOD,
    the mesiah. i think i know why JESUS said that,because, sometimes we say that JESUS is GOD.
    sometimes we say he is the son of GOD,and sometimes we say that GOD died for us.
    so JESUS was right, we are still confused, we dont really know, we just assume we know.
    why have we not found the secret? is it because we are lax.
    not to interested in seeking the deep things of GOD,if we are not hot, but lukewarm,we know what
    JESUS is going to do. this only means that JESUS is not happy. they worship me with their lips;
    their heart is far away from me, if they only seek, i would have reveal to them the mysterery.
    but since they are not interested i will keep it a secret,i will only reveal it to them that are seeking
    for me. so if you are really curious about the lord, seek and he will reveal it to you.
    the buddhists know who buddha is, the krishnas know who krishna is.
    but JESUS said you my people dont know who i am: this is so sad indeed.
    dont get all upset, i am not telling you a lie.

    wakeup.
    That seems to be clear enough. The Son only is God, like the Father, and the Holy Spirit. None of us is God or "a god". We will not become divine; but we can become partakers of the divine nature ("deification"), which is what the Bible means by salvation (soteriology: becoming like God, restored to the image and likeness of God, restored to the holy image of God in the face of Jesus Christ, saved only by Christ's shed blood of the Cross, with all of our sins, when we repent and confess them to God, purged away, burned away, by the blood of Christ (1 John 2:2), expiated (removed) sins. One day, no sins will remain, even, when God has mercy on us, our sins will be taken away: but we will be complete sinless only in heaven: for those or us who are finally saved and make it to Christ in heaven).
    Thus:
    "Partakers of the Divine Nature
    "Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us to glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."
    (1 St. Peter 1:2-4 NKJV OSB; page 1691, q.v.).
    God save us. (God save us means God deify us. Make us partakers of the divine nature (1 Peter 1:4 NKJV).). In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

    Last edited by Scotth1960; March 16th, 2011 at 09:30 PM.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2011
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,783
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotth1960 View Post
    That seems to be clear enough. The Son only is God, like the Father, and the Holy Spirit. None of us is God or "a god". We will not become divine; but we can become partakers of the divine nature ("deification"), which is what the Bible means by salvation (soteriology: becoming like God, restored to the image and likeness of God, restored to the holy image of God in the face of Jesus Christ, saved only by Christ's shed blood of the Cross, with all of our sins, when we repent and confess them to God, purged away, burned away, by the blood of Christ (1 John 2:2), expiated (removed) sins. One day, no sins will remain, even, when God has mercy on us, our sins will be taken away: but we will be complete sinless only in heaven: for those or us who are finally saved and make it to Christ in heaven).
    Thus:
    "Partakers of the Divine Nature
    "Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us to glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."
    (1 St. Peter 1:2-4 NKJV OSB; page 1691, q.v.).
    God save us. (God save us means God deify us. Make us partakers of the divine nature (1 Peter 1:4 NKJV).). In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

    is there a scripture that you can show me that we will be in heaven?

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2011
    Age
    75
    Posts
    1,783
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scotth1960 View Post
    That seems to be clear enough. The Son only is God, like the Father, and the Holy Spirit. None of us is God or "a god". We will not become divine; but we can become partakers of the divine nature ("deification"), which is what the Bible means by salvation (soteriology: becoming like God, restored to the image and likeness of God, restored to the holy image of God in the face of Jesus Christ, saved only by Christ's shed blood of the Cross, with all of our sins, when we repent and confess them to God, purged away, burned away, by the blood of Christ (1 John 2:2), expiated (removed) sins. One day, no sins will remain, even, when God has mercy on us, our sins will be taken away: but we will be complete sinless only in heaven: for those or us who are finally saved and make it to Christ in heaven).
    Thus:
    "Partakers of the Divine Nature
    "Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us to glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."
    (1 St. Peter 1:2-4 NKJV OSB; page 1691, q.v.).
    God save us. (God save us means God deify us. Make us partakers of the divine nature (1 Peter 1:4 NKJV).). In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
    is there a scripture you can show me that we will be in heaven?

  18. #18
    Ramon
    Guest

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    Muslims general fast from sunrise to sunset, then eat whatever they want while the sun is down; and only during Holy Weeks. One could literally "fast" their whole life in such a manner.

    I'm quite familiar with Ryrie, though I disagree with him about most things.

    Perhaps you somehow perceive that I deny the Deity of Christ. I affirm it. I disaffirm Trinity.

    Yes, there are many spirits. That's why it's vital to have one's senses exercised to discern both good and evil, by reason of use (Heb. 5:14).
    If you disaffirm the Holy Spirit you disaffirm Jesus Christ, and you disaffirm the Father. If you knew Jesus you would know God. If you know the Holy Spirit you would know Jesus, because he testifies of him. You are the one in error. Senses are fleshy. The Holy Spirit discerns, and many people reason themselves into hell. Since you deny the Spirit you deny Jesus and God.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,708
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    If you disaffirm the Holy Spirit you disaffirm Jesus Christ, and you disaffirm the Father. If you knew Jesus you would know God. If you know the Holy Spirit you would know Jesus, because he testifies of him. You are the one in error. Senses are fleshy. The Holy Spirit discerns, and many people reason themselves into hell. Since you deny the Spirit you deny Jesus and God.
    You presume much. I do not disaffirm the Holy Spirit. I disaffirm the F-S-HS are three "persons". You have no idea what I believe. Your premature and immature judgement is meaningless.

    Why don't you turn your untamed tongue loose on providing scripture that God is three "persons". No inference. No deduction. No supposition. No projection. No interpolation. No tradition. No indoctrination. Just scripture.

    I previously posted an extensive affirmations summary in another thread. Too bad you jumped in here to condemn me in all your spiritual wisdom as a novice.

  20. #20
    Ramon
    Guest

    Default Re: no man knows the son, but the father.

    Quote Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    You presume much. I do not disaffirm the Holy Spirit. I disaffirm the F-S-HS are three "persons". You have no idea what I believe. Your premature and immature judgement is meaningless.

    Why don't you turn your untamed tongue loose on providing scripture that God is three "persons". No inference. No deduction. No supposition. No projection. No interpolation. No tradition. No indoctrination. Just scripture.

    I previously posted an extensive affirmations summary in another thread. Too bad you jumped in here to condemn me in all your spiritual wisdom as a novice.
    Signs, signs signs, that is all people want, and who wants God? But if you want scripture then I will give it to you.

    1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trinity vs. Oneness
    By GraceBeUntoYou in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 1061
    Last Post: 2 Weeks Ago, 10:43 PM
  2. correct my summary
    By ed in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: August 9th, 2010, 08:25 PM
  3. Emmanuel (which means, God with us)
    By resurrection33 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: July 30th, 2010, 09:18 AM
  4. Jesus Is His Own Father
    By stillearning in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: September 10th, 2009, 08:59 PM
  5. On The Incarnation
    By suaso in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 27th, 2009, 04:59 PM