View Poll Results: Is Christian Metal Bad?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 32.26%
  • No

    19 61.29%
  • Not sure

    0 0%
  • dont really care

    2 6.45%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 212
Like Tree86Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Is Christian Metal bad?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,758
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Is Christian Metal bad?

    Is Christan Metal BAD??

  2. #2
    Senior Member NoahsMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21st, 2008
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    Depends on who ya ask.
    rauleetoe likes this.
    Questioning God?...He made the braincells you think with, you do the math.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    640
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Is Christan Metal BAD??
    Normally I say there is no such thing as a stupid question. Well I can't say that this time. Mostly because I see no issues with Christian Metal. People like to ignore the first name of the genre and class it in with just metal. To them I say clearly you have better things to do on your walk, than criticize how others worship. The best are the ones that say 'ohhh he is screaming, it can't be christian now!!!' lol
    JGPS likes this.

  4. #4
    BLINDSIDE_CHIK
    Guest

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    No...there's nothing wrong with it... and yeah it does depend who you ask and where they come from to. People have different opinions on the kind of thing. Especially if they've come from a generation of being reserved all the time. My mom doesn't like it cause they scream and she can't hear them so she says lol.. but I also think she doesn't like it because it reminds her how rock music was when she was younger. She grew up mainly in the 70s, and I dont think there was very much christian rock music around lol. I can understand why she and other would think that. But honestly, until you've actually understood it for what it is, it really isn't bad. In my opinion, it isn't a lot of people's #1preference, which is why they could do without it or care less. But No, I'd say there isn't a thing wrong with it. It's all about the message, what it is saying and how it's being brought out.

  5. #5
    Senior Member zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2010
    Age
    58
    Posts
    27,204
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    CHRISTIAN + METAL = NOT CHRISTIAN

    God is HOLY, HOLY, HOLY.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2009
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    Zone is correct. There is nothing about ANY metal music that edifies. It is harsh in sound, confusing in lyrics and insulting to any true musician. To call something that is offensive to most, "Christian" just by throwing the name of Jesus into the lyrics is an insult to the intelligence of any DILIGENT Bible reader....to everyone that is truly pursuing God and HIS WAYS. Metal music is not of God, it is a deception. It does not glorify God in ANY way possible.

    Metal music is by nature, angry music. Now HOW can that glorify the Creator?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2010
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,010
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    and who says you and zone determine what glorifies God?

    i guess to you two, God can't use a rock to bring Him glory...

    Colossians 3:23-24
    23 Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men,
    24 knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord—you serve the Lord Christ

    i have heard many amazing things come from Christian metal... Yahweh even used Christian metal to minister to me in my life when i was not saved; i have friends who have gone to Christian metal concerts, and have witnessed first hand people coming to know Yahweh for the first time through the music...
    God is not so utterly powerless that he cannot use a music genre to bring sinners to know Him.

    take God out of your box

  8. #8
    Senior Member zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2010
    Age
    58
    Posts
    27,204
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilla64007 View Post
    and who says you and zone determine what glorifies God?

    i guess to you two, God can't use a rock to bring Him glory...

    Colossians 3:23-24
    23 Whatever you do, do it enthusiastically, as something done for the Lord and not for men,
    24 knowing that you will receive the reward of an inheritance from the Lord—you serve the Lord Christ

    i have heard many amazing things come from Christian metal... Yahweh even used Christian metal to minister to me in my life when i was not saved; i have friends who have gone to Christian metal concerts, and have witnessed first hand people coming to know Yahweh for the first time through the music...
    God is not so utterly powerless that he cannot use a music genre to bring sinners to know Him.

    take God out of your box
    people LOVE this 'ism"....translation: i have created a god in MY image. my god LIKES death-metal and AC/DC.

    in case you hadn't noticed, God has placed Himself "in a box" - He stipulates how He is to be worshipped and approached....He is HOLY.

    justify "metal" all you want to. it's of the world all the way (and that my PC answer).

    anyway...aren't you a little old for metal at 28?
    Last edited by zone; June 14th, 2011 at 01:28 AM.

  9. #9
    Abiding
    Guest
    Angela53510 likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2010
    Age
    58
    Posts
    27,204
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?


  11. #11
    Member tomcat2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2009
    Age
    24
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    I'm not gonna lie, you're gonna get a lot of biased answers. Even if there was scripture to "back it up" it's still biased. I say this because most of the verses being used are taken out of the context they're being used in. But it does say in the Bible that we need to worship God in everything we do. That includes playing the music we play, listening to the music we listen to, even simple things like walking or moving. Pretty much there is no boundary for worship. You can worship God with metal just like you can worship God with the church music you hear every sunday morning.
    "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." - Romans 12:21 777

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    640
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    See christian metal probably has better lyrics than most other christian genre's people are just too lazy to actually listen

    Lord of glory.
    Make us worthy, to possess your name.

    Give us a new name.
    Call us your people, God.
    Give us a new name.

    [Ezekiel 36:26-28] - I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you.
    I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
    And I will put My spirit in you and move you to follow My decrees and be careful to keep My laws.
    You will live in the land I gave to your forefathers.
    You will be my people and I will be your God.

    And through all of this, there is nothing, absolutely nothing.
    No fear, no insecurity, no doubt, no hesitation that will ever, ever stop us.
    Because we are the sons of the living God.
    Because we are the children of the Almighty.
    Because we are the residents of the kingdom of Heaven.
    And we are soldiers in an army of the immortal.
    And when we speak life, life happens.
    And when we speak healing, healing happens.
    And when we speak truth, truth happens.
    And when we go and take what we have found to a dead world, we�ll see it come to life again.
    And when we take what we have found to a hopeless world, we�ll see hope come back.
    We�ll see the heart of our world start beating again.
    And we�ll see the color come back into people�s faces.
    And absolutely nothing will ever stop that.
    And mountains will move before us.
    And oceans will part before us.
    And the dead will raise before us.
    And the world will know that our God is a god that heals.
    That our God is a god that lives.
    And our God is a god that loves unlike anything anyone has ever felt before.
    Because we are fearless.
    Because we are His hands.
    And because we are His feet forever and ever.
    faithfulone1995 likes this.

  13. #13
    beckyz
    Guest

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    I admit that I struggle with some Christian metal. But I remember thinking that Keith Green was ""rock" and therefore evil. So, who am I to judge? Only God can just the heart.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2010
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,010
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by zone View Post
    people LOVE this 'ism"....translation: i have created a god in MY image. my god LIKES death-metal and AC/DC.

    in case you hadn't noticed, God has placed Himself "in a box" - He stipulates how He is to be worshipped and approached....He is HOLY.

    justify "metal" all you want to. it's of the world all the way (and that my PC answer).

    anyway...aren't you a little old for metal at 28?
    I'm simply going by what the Word of God says: worship from the heart.
    who are you to use what God can and cannot use to bring people to know Him? just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean Yahweh Almighty can't use it... He definitely used it to save me from committing suicide... i still remember the bands that He used... Demon Hunter and Vaakevandring were the biggest ones...

    where in the Bible does it say that Yahweh can't use metal?
    and since when does my age influence my music preferences?

    by the way, here are some lyrics for you:


    “I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Galatians 2:20)– Therefore it’s no longer I who lives, but Christ who lives in me

    Intimacy, companionship
    This new divine, power
    Personally,
    Knowledge of Christ
    A heart filled with, Love and Longing

    Dwell in me, Christ
    I give myself to you
    A new, a better life
    I will rise with you

    Healing Water, purification
    This life will be,
    indestructible
    Overflowing, love is given
    Resurrection, has been given

    I will rise with you
    A new and a better life
    I will rise with you

    Accuracy, hitting the target
    I can obtain, triumph
    Perseverance, Accomplishing
    breakthroughs I can become, A son born anew

  15. #15
    Senior Member Adrianv125's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2011
    Age
    27
    Posts
    567
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    You be the judge...

    YouTube - ‪? Wolves At The Gate - Oh, The Depths (Ft. Joe McFaddin) ?‬‏

    Oh the depths of riches, like the water that fills the earth
    The knowledge of my Creator who gives me worth
    And though I crave to know all of the patterns of this world
    Is endless for it's beyond tracing out

    So from as far as I've seen there is a great hoard against me
    Because I am a man sights see targets on my back
    For all our hearts are not clean and the archers fire freely
    Because I am a man sights see targets

    For every knee will bow and every tongue confess
    That you are God! For you are God!
    His image bears the sight of the unseen King
    His name is ever pleasing for this we do sing
    Father of grace and mercy has poured out His wrath
    Forever Your name proclaims!

    The Father of grace and mercy has poured out His wrath completely
    On His Son for our sake we are free who brought the Lamb to slaughter for me

    Oh the depths of riches, like the water that fills the earth
    The knowledge of my Creator who gives me worth
    I have not a gift to bring for all things are from Him and glory forever
    But as their arrows are drawn there is refuge in view

    Now don't get me wrong I am the least of these
    I have no knowledge to give or power to seize
    I have not a gift or a planned endeavor
    For all things are from Him and glory forever

    There is love! Here is love! This is love! There is love!
    Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Have they not been made such a fool in their squalor?
    For they desired a sign and sought for the wise
    When the precursor of life was right in front of their eyes

    Oh death, oh death
    Has lost it's sting on me
    Oh death, oh death
    You've been forever conquored

    The Father of grace and mercy has poured out His wrath completely
    On His Son for our sake we are free who brought the Lamb to slaughter for me
    Last edited by Adrianv125; June 14th, 2011 at 03:24 AM.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2010
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,010
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?


  17. #17
    Senior Member zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2010
    Age
    58
    Posts
    27,204
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    See christian metal probably has better lyrics than most other christian genre's people are just too lazy to actually listen.
    really?

    well i'm glad you posted the DOMINIONIST, ANIMIST, WORD FAITH HERESY brainwashing instructions in the lyrics for us. MAN CENTERED.

    "lyrics" which are embedded into the subconscious with the pagan percussion, repetition (and abhorrence for beauty) inherent in that JUNK.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    And we are soldiers in an army of the immortal.
    And when we speak life, life happens.
    And when we speak healing, healing happens.
    And when we speak truth, truth happens.
    And when we go and take what we have found to a dead world, we�ll see it come to life again.
    And when we take what we have found to a hopeless world, we�ll see hope come back.
    We�ll see the heart of our world start beating again.
    And we�ll see the color come back into people�s faces.
    And absolutely nothing will ever stop that.
    And mountains will move before us.
    And oceans will part before us.
    And the dead will raise before us.
    And the world will know that our God is a god that heals.
    That our God is a god that lives.
    And our God is a god that loves unlike anything anyone has ever felt before.
    Because we are fearless.
    Because we are His hands.
    And because we are His feet forever and ever.
    good of the "artists" to share their Glory with God.
    HEIsRiSen likes this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    892
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    As Martin Luther said - Why should the devil have all the good music?

  19. #19
    Senior Member zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2010
    Age
    58
    Posts
    27,204
    Rep Power
    80

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
    As Martin Luther said - Why should the devil have all the good music?
    but we were talking about METAL...not music

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    640
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is Christian Metal bad?

    Quote Originally Posted by zone View Post
    really?

    well i'm glad you posted the DOMINIONIST, ANIMIST, WORD FAITH HERESY brainwashing instructions in the lyrics for us. MAN CENTERED.

    "lyrics" which are embedded into the subconscious with the pagan percussion, repetition (and abhorrence for beauty) inherent in that JUNK.



    good of the "artists" to share their Glory with God.
    The oddest part is how you ignore every line that has the word God in it...although I have some of your banal useless posts on here zone. Im surprised you havent hijacked this thread with your own personal anti-semitic rantings of how X topic is actually some sort of conspiracy betwen various groups for the jews to behead christians with some stupid noahide laws or something else. Besides you say that at 27-28 we are too old to listen to metal? arent you at 50-51 too old to be worried about we are listening to?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Christian Metal
    By tomcat2012 in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: June 8th, 2015, 05:34 PM
  2. Does anyone know of any good Christian bands that play this kind of music?
    By dothackzero in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2015, 01:34 PM
  3. What being a Christian means to me...
    By onlyme in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 16th, 2013, 01:02 PM
  4. SeoulSearch's Date, Act 2. An Identity Crisis... Who is the REAL Christian?
    By seoulsearch in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
  5. Christian perspectives
    By thefightinglamb in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: December 16th, 2009, 02:26 AM