Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2010
    Age
    45
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    [quote=Laodicea;580644]
    So what language was the original book of Enoch written in? The alphabet was not invented till around 1400 BC. The books of Moses the Bible were probably the first books ever written using the alphabet before that they used picture writing like the Egyptians did.
    I dont know, what language did they all speak in the beginning?


    If Enoch was a holy man of God, and didn't even die but was taken up to heaven, then do you think that... as God put his holy spirit in Enoch to prophesy, that it would be a hard thing for God to make him write? It's what's written that's important. But I will look into it further o.k. If they used picture writing, then it sounds a bit hard to interpret the finer details.

    Like the holy bible, it's the words of the spirit that count. Not how they got there. Men say, the bible is made up by man, so what do you say to them?


    The book of Enoch continually refers to God as 'Lord of the spirits' the Bible never refers to God in that way.
    Lord of the Spirits
    Lord of Hosts
    Same thing. Means the same.



    If Enoch wrote this then it would have been written before the flood, here are some things which don't agree with the Bible
    1. Observe ye everything that takes place in the heaven, how they do not change their orbits, and the luminaries which are in the heaven, how they all rise and set in order each in its season, and transgress not against their appointed order. 2. Behold ye the earth, and give heed to the things which take place upon it from first to last, how steadfast they are, how none of the things upon earth change, but all the works of God appear to you. 3. Behold the summer and the winter, ⌈⌈how the whole earth is filled with water, and clouds and dew and rain lie upon it⌉⌉.
    Genesis 8:22
    (22) While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.


    The first mention of summer and winter in the Bible is after the flood. When God created the earth it had a water canopy around it so the environment would have been alot different before the flood.
    Genesis 1:6-7
    (6) And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
    (7) And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
    I already answered you on this one. Enoch was prophesying on past and future. Just like Moses gave an account of Genesis.

    There were 4 seasons before the flood, just not rain.



    Here is another
    1. Then said the Most High, the Holy and Great One spake, and sent Uriel to the son of Lamech, and said to him: 2. 'Go to Noah and tell him in my name "Hide thyself!" and reveal to him the end that is approaching: that the whole earth will be destroyed, and a deluge is about to come upon the whole earth, and will destroy all that is on it. 3. And now instruct him that he may escape and his seed may be preserved for all the generations of the world.'
    Genesis 6:13
    (13) And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.


    Also another point is that Genesis 6 would have happened after Enoch was taken to heaven so how did he write about it.

    [/QUOTE]He would of written it before he died. It would of been passed down to Noah and preserved in the ark.

    The book of Enoch has Uriel speaking to Noah the Bible has God speaking to Noah. There is no mention of a Uriel in the Bible till long after the flood.
    Already answered you on this one too. You must of missed my post. God always speaks to man through angels. Never directly. Angels are Gods messengers. They carry God's words and he speaks through them. It is the same as hearing God's voice (his will) but not his actual voice, as it will probably kill us.

    No man has seen God's face or heard his voice. He is too powerful for human flesh. His brightness and the power in his voice would knock us over. Only spirit can handle that light and power. So he uses angels, and as we know, later he used his Son, and the appostles to carry his word.


  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2010
    Age
    45
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    I must wonder how this book before the flood made it to after. If there was writting before the flood, and before the time of Moses. Why is it that God did not have anyone else write before Moses. Why not Abraham? Or Even Noah (Talk about a first hand testimony of the flood)

    It all looks good. But I would be leary. To many questions


    Yes you have a right to be weary. We must check everything out for ourselves. Dont just trust what I say. Search for yourself.

    The book would of been handed down to Noah and preserved on the ark. I can't see any other way it would of been preserved as everything was destroyed in the flood.

    And why God chose Moses to write the book of Genesis?, I dont know. He chose him, thats all I know. Moses was the one who led the Hebrews out of Egypt, and then the laws came out, so I guess the people would of needed history, and a foundation on the Almighty God they were instructed to serve.

    Enoch was the witness God chose of the old days before the flood. There was Elijah too, but God revealed to Enoch certain things, and I wonder why Enoch was taken up and did not see death? Still figuring.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Laodicea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,670
    Blog Entries
    18
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    We read in chapter 40 of the Book of Enoch...
    1 And after that I saw thousands of thousands and ten thousand times ten thousand, I saw a multitude
    2 beyond number and reckoning, who stood before the Lord of Spirits. And on the four sides of the Lord of Spirits I saw four presences, different from those that sleep not, and I learnt their names: for the angel that went with me made known to me their names, and showed me all the hidden things.
    3 And I heard the voices of those four presences as they uttered praises before the Lord of glory.
    4 The first voice blesses the Lord of Spirits for ever and ever.
    5 And the second voice I heard blessing
    6 the Elect One and the elect ones who hang upon the Lord of Spirits. And the third voice I heard pray and intercede for those who dwell on the earth and supplicate in the name of the Lord of Spirits.
    7 And I heard the fourth voice fending off the Satans and forbidding them to come before the Lord
    8 of Spirits to accuse them who dwell on the earth. After that I asked the angel of peace who went with me, who showed me everything that is hidden: ‘Who are these four presences which I have
    9 seen and whose words I have heard and written down?’ And he said to me: ‘This first is Michael, the merciful and long-suffering: and the second, who is set over all the diseases and all the wounds of the children of men, is Raphael: and the third, who is set over all the powers, is Gabriel: and the fourth, who is set over the repentance unto hope of those who inherit eternal life, is named Phanuel.’
    10 And these are the four angels of the Lord of Spirits and the four voices I heard in those days.
    The Bible never mentions an angel named Phanuel, let alone an angel who is set over the repentance of those who inherit eternal life. What blasphemy! That statement in itself contradicts everything the Word of God teaches. We read in 1st Timothy 2:5 that Jesus Christ is the ONLY Mediator between God and men, not some angel named Phanuel... "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." Repentance is strictly between a man and Jesus Christ alone. Only Jesus died for our sins, and shed His blood to pay for them (1st Peter 1:18-19); therefore, we must be diligent to guard and defend against LIARS and imposters who would lead people to believe otherwise. 1st John 2:22 clearly indicts all Christ-deniers as LIARS, guilty before God.



    Here's chapter 48:1-3...
    1 And in that place I saw the fountain of righteousness Which was inexhaustible: And around it were many fountains of wisdom: And all the thirsty drank of them, And were filled with wisdom, And their dwellings were with the righteous and holy and elect. 2 And at that hour that Son of Man was named In the presence of the Lord of Spirits, And his name before the Head of Days. 3 Yea, before the sun and the signs were created, Before the stars of the heaven were made, His name was named before the Lord of Spirits.
    Was the Son of Man named? When was Jesus named in Heaven? This is an attack on the deity of Jesus. Jesus Himself claimed in Revelation 1:8, "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." Jesus is Eternal, without beginning or end. Head of Days? Lord of Spirits? These terms are NOT found in the Bible. IF the Book of Enoch were valid, composing well over 100 chapters, there should be numerous New Testament references to it; but there aren't. Although some people claim that the Bible quotes the Book of Enoch over 100 times, this is simply not true. Just as the Qur'an, the Book of Enoch borrows from the Word of God. In sharp contrast to the Book of Enoch, the New Testament often quotes the Book of Genesis.



    Go to this site and read more about the errors of this book
    The Book of Enoch EXPOSED!
    Proverbs 6:23 KJV
    (23) For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:




  4. #24


    ada
    ada is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2011
    Age
    50
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    The greatest blasphemy is judaism and their oral torah named babylonian talmud, the zohar, and the kabbalah.
    Most judeo christians are just ignorant, or uneducated how the babylonian talmud mocks Jesus in the most heinous ways.
    How many strange gods, angles and demons does the babylonian talmud,
    the kabbalah and the zohar mention which are all in fact part of the jewish torah.

    Do your homework folks and study it before you are derogating the book of Enoch.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    22,579
    Rep Power
    41

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by journey41 View Post
    [/b]Yes you have a right to be weary. We must check everything out for ourselves. Dont just trust what I say. Search for yourself.

    The book would of been handed down to Noah and preserved on the ark. I can't see any other way it would of been preserved as everything was destroyed in the flood.

    And why God chose Moses to write the book of Genesis?, I dont know. He chose him, thats all I know. Moses was the one who led the Hebrews out of Egypt, and then the laws came out, so I guess the people would of needed history, and a foundation on the Almighty God they were instructed to serve.

    Enoch was the witness God chose of the old days before the flood. There was Elijah too, but God revealed to Enoch certain things, and I wonder why Enoch was taken up and did not see death? Still figuring.
    [/color]
    Yes your right. But this is not the only reason I question.

    the word elect. was not used in the OT, Also the term eternal life. If this book was held in noahs time, these terms would have come with him. and been passed down. and people like moses, and abraham would have used them.

    many other reasons. Like why did God keep it hidden for so long when he promised he would keep his word.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  6. #26
    Senior Member RachelBibleStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    15

    Thumbs down Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by journey41 View Post
    The book of Enoch was before the Jewish books. This was written before the flood, way before Abraham and Moses.

    Even historians believe that this book is very very old, even older than the Jewish writings.
    actually this is incorrect...

    the book of enoch was written about the same time as most of the other apocryphal books...after the old testament was completed but before the new testament was written... practically all enoch scholars agree on this...

  7. #27
    Senior Member RachelBibleStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    15

    Exclamation Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by tribesman View Post
    I would not focus much on the contradictions, there are a lot of connecting dots to the Bible and it is referred to in the NT. However, which translation of the Book of Enoch which is the most trustworthy is another question of interest. Not that easy to restore something like an original book here. There are also a number of related literature of more or less doubtful origin.
    there was no 'original' book of enoch...the book of enoch we know today is really a collection of accumulated literature that was written hundreds of years apart in some cases...

  8. #28
    Senior Member RachelBibleStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    15

    Lightbulb Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by AnandaHya View Post
    nevermind... interesting not once did they thank God or pray for Him to deliver them. I thought it said deliverance was from God, but no it says from another place....

    Esther 4:14
    King James Version (KJV)
    14For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?
    the name of God is actually 'hidden' in acrostic form in four places in the book of esther...

  9. #29
    Senior Member RachelBibleStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    15

    Thumbs down Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by journey41 View Post
    The book of Enoch only reveals how the people came to worship false gods, make weapons of war etc.... because these fallen angels showed them things man did not know how to do. They corrupted man. God does not endorse these acts in anyway, and the book of Enoch does not either. That's why God sent the flood because all flesh was corrupted. You are reading into it wrong.

    The whole book of Enoch harmonises with the bible, but like I said, if it contradicts your doctrine or you misunderstand the message, you will not be convinced one bit and that is your choice.
    the book of enoch contradicts the bible...

    for one thing the corruption of the human race was entirely our own doing...adam and eve sinned...cain offered a bad sacrifice...cain killed abel... it was not the work of fallen angels...that is superstition...

    the book of enoch also contradicts reality very badly...such as when it describes giants thousands of feet tall... everyone knows that is physically impossible...

  10. #30
    Senior Member RachelBibleStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2010
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,136
    Rep Power
    15

    Lightbulb Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by journey41 View Post
    [/b]
    Enoch was the witness God chose of the old days before the flood. There was Elijah too, but God revealed to Enoch certain things, and I wonder why Enoch was taken up and did not see death? Still figuring.
    [/color]
    i think enoch was taken away to save him from being killed in a war the cainites were planning against the sethites...but that is based on my own personal research...

  11. #31
    Senior Member Laodicea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,670
    Blog Entries
    18
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by ada View Post
    The greatest blasphemy is judaism and their oral torah named babylonian talmud, the zohar, and the kabbalah.
    Most judeo christians are just ignorant, or uneducated how the babylonian talmud mocks Jesus in the most heinous ways.
    How many strange gods, angles and demons does the babylonian talmud,
    the kabbalah and the zohar mention which are all in fact part of the jewish torah.

    Do your homework folks and study it before you are derogating the book of Enoch.

    People 450-Feet Tall?
    Are you really gullible enough to believe that fallen angels had physical intimacy with earthly women that produced offspring 450-feet tall? I don't think so! We read in chapter 7:12-15 of the Book of Enoch...
    7:12 Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;
    7:13 When they turned themselves
    against men, in order to devour them;
    7:14 And began to
    injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, and to drink their blood.
    7:15 Then the
    earth reproved the unrighteous.



    The Book of Enoch EXPOSED!

    Proverbs 6:23 KJV
    (23) For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:




  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2011
    Age
    57
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by journey41 View Post
    Many have disputed that the book of Enoch does not belong to the bible. Some have even in fact stated that this book contains lies. My intention is to bring your attention to prophesies in this book that harmonise with the bible.

    You can look up yourself the history of this book and how it was rejected. We will forget about all that for a moment, and just look at what is written. To test it.

    I let you be the judge.

    Let me know what you think are condradictions. Here are just a few for now. I will put some more on the second post if you want to follow.

    ENOCH SECTION 2
    THE PARABLES

    ENOCH 38:1 The first parable
    When the congregation of the righteous shall appear,
    and sinners shall be judged for their sins,
    And shall be driven from the face of the earth:


    ENOCH 38:2 And when the Righteous One shall appear before the eyes of the righteous,
    Whose elect works hang upon the Lord of Spirits ,
    And light shall appear to the righteous and the elect who dwell on the earth


    ENOCH 38:3 Where then will be the dwelling of the sinners,
    and where the resting place of those who have denied the Lord of Spirits?
    It had been good for them if they had not been born.

    When the secrets of the righteous shall be revealed and the sinners judged.
    And the godless driven from the prescence of the righteous and elect,


    ENOCH 38:4 From that time those that possess the earth shall no longer be powerful and exalted:
    And they shall not be able to behold the face of the holy,
    For the Lord of Spirits has caused His light to appear
    on the face of the holy, righteous, and elect.


    ENOCH 38:5 Then shall the kings and the mighty perish
    And be given into the hands of the righteous and holy.

    ENOCH 38:6 And thence forward non shall seek for themselves mercy from the Lord of Spirits
    For their life is at an end.


    ENOCH 46:1 And there I saw One who had a head of days,
    And his head was white like wool,
    And with Him was another being whose countenance had the appearance of a man,
    And his face was full of graciousness, like one of the holy angels.


    ENOCH 46:2 And I asked the Angel who went with me and showed me all the hidden things concerning that


    ENOCH 46:3 Son of Man, who he was, and whence he was, (and) why he
    went with the Head of Days? And he answered and said unto me


    This is the son of Man who hath righteousness,
    With whom dwelleth righteousness,
    And who revealeth all the treasures of that which is hidden,

    Because the Lord of Spirits hath chosen him,
    And whose lot hath the pre-eminence before the Lord of Spirits
    in uprightness for ever.


    ENOCH 46:4 And this Son of Man whom thou hast seen
    Shall raise up the kings and the mighty from their seats,
    (And the strong from their thrones)
    And shall loosen the reins of the strong,
    And break the teeth of the sinners.


    ENOCH 46:5 (And he shall put own the kings from their thrones and kingdoms)
    Because they do not extol and praise him,
    Nor humbly acknowledge whence the kingdom was bestowed upon them.


    ENOCH 46:6 And he shall put down the countenance of the strong,
    and shall fill them with shame.

    And darkness shall be their dwelling,
    And worms shall be their bed,
    And they shall have no hope of rising from their beds
    Because they do not extol the name of the Lord of Spirits.
    (And raise their hands against the Most high)
    And tread upon the earth and dwell upon it.
    And all their deeds manifest unrighteousness,
    And their power rests upon their riches,
    And their faith is in the gods which they have made with their hands
    And they deny the name of the Lord of Spirits.


    ENOCH 46:8 And they persecute the houses of His congregations,
    And the faithful who hang upon the name of the Lord of Spirits.


    ENOCH 47:1
    And in those days shall have ascended the prayer of the righteous,
    And the blood of the righteous from the earth before the Lord of Spirits.

    ENOCH 47:2 In those days the holy ones who dwell above in the heavens
    Shall unite with one voice
    And supplicate and pray and praise,
    And give thanks and bless the name of the Lord of Spirits
    On behalf of the blood of the righteous which has been shed,
    And that the prayer of the righteous may not be in vain before the Lord of Spirits,
    That judgement may be done unto them,
    And that they may not have to suffer for ever.

    ENOCH 47:3 In those days I saw the Head of Days when He seated himself upon the thone of His glory,
    And the books of the living were opened before him:
    And all His host which is in heaven above and His counselors stood before him,

    ENOCH 47:4 And the hearts of the holy were filled with joy;
    Because the number of the righteous had been offered,
    And the prayer of the righteous had been heard
    And the blood of the righteous been required before the Lord of Spirits



    Hi Journey; I have checked this out before and i would like to be a 2nd witness to the Title of this thread.

    Its a funny thing in how GOD works in His mysterious ways that He does. I was not exsposed to these older books until AFTER i had been studying the Bible for about 7-8 years.

    It was on this site through NoahsDad that i found out about them, after i had almost lost my faith all over again from being on this site;, that this book just re-enforced what i had already learned through studying the Bible. ( the religion & traditions of Man ARE very much the norm on here )

    I beleive if someone is sincerely seeking Truth, that it may be that this is more of a latter rain to re-enforce what one has already learned in The Word (not religion).

    I say this as one who has gone through it; This book of Enoch saved me from all the doubts that people on here were causing me to have, through their continual condeming with religios beleifs or traditions of man.

    It was actually you, who broadened my perspective on the exsistence of dinosaurs, in that though someone 450 ft. tall would have a pretty hard time in being conceived of woman; such a being, i would think is a transfigured fallen-angel; But if one considers such a being as Goliath or Artezerksies(sorry about the spelling) and their fleshly desires, what is available to them in this condtion to relieve their desires?

    To me, it would seem like a Brontasaures would be a not only perfect match, but possibly the only match for a being of such girth.

    Then from such an engagement; fallen-angels mixing with herbavour creatures, that come forth the carnivour creatures, such as the T-rex etc...

    Just something to think about anyways; as i don't think were being given ALL the facts from science, that some things are being hid from us.

    EG: Though through studying the Bible i know that this earth IS millions, possibly billions of years old, and through science we know that about 14000 years ago there was an ice-age here, which in fact was not gradual, but rather a flash freezing, well it is my opinion that the herbavour creatures are indeed millions of years old; But i think if we got the true facts, i don't beleive that the carnivour creatures would date back much more than about 14,000 years.

    It is also interesting when you take into account, that the book of Enoch adds about 7000 more flesh years to the knowledge in the Bible, which accounts for about 7000 flesh years as well, thus, giving us about 14,000 flesh years of history; about the same time as the so-called ice-age.

    On another small note: GEN 11/1: AND THE WHOLE EARTH WAS OF ONE LANGUAGE, AND OF ONE SPEECH. at that time ( but not for much longer )

    Forever in Christ

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    22,579
    Rep Power
    41

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by WeStand View Post

    EG: Though through studying the Bible i know that this earth IS millions, possibly billions of years old, and through science we know that about 14000 years ago there was an ice-age here, which in fact was not gradual, but rather a flash freezing, well it is my opinion that the herbavour creatures are indeed millions of years old; But i think if we got the true facts, i don't beleive that the carnivour creatures would date back much more than about 14,000 years.

    It is also interesting when you take into account, that the book of Enoch adds about 7000 more flesh years to the knowledge in the Bible, which accounts for about 7000 flesh years as well, thus, giving us about 14,000 flesh years of history; about the same time as the so-called ice-age.

    On another small note: GEN 11/1: AND THE WHOLE EARTH WAS OF ONE LANGUAGE, AND OF ONE SPEECH. at that time ( but not for much longer )

    Forever in Christ
    He my friend.

    I suggest you pick up a book. great read (if you like science) which explains alot of thing about earths past. and refutes the "Old Earth" theory (that is all it is by the way) It is called "
    Earth's Catastrophic past: Geology, creation and the Flood", By Andrew Snelling


    You see most of the science we have today uses "known things" today and using them to interpret the past. But also assuming "things are the same in the beginning as they are today" IE. Carbon dating says carbon deteriorated 1 million years ago the same pace, the same time, and the same degree as they do today, thus we can accurately use carbon deterioration to declare how old something is.

    The facts are this is not true. In Fact Peter warned of this very thing in the last days (which I do believe we are a part of)

    2 Peter 3:
    3 knowing this first: that
    scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.

    I do believe these 'scoffers" are the scientific world today who scoff that there is a God. They are doing just what Peter said they would, using this theory that the world is as it is today, and has been since the begining of creation (from which they base their science. But peter explains here about the flood.

    You see the flood was more than just a rain even. Scripture says mountains moved, the deep broke open and water came from the depts of the earth. A major catostrophic even which change not only the earths autmosphere. but the earth's landmas as we know it. We also see in the book of Job. There was snow in what would be modern day middle east. There is your Ice age. Which was caused by the after affects of a global flood

    I coulod go on and on, but would take to long.

    Many scientists are looking at these facts and changing their tune.

    You see. Science can prove a "young earth" and scripture to be true. all one has to do is open their eyes. and not be a scoffer of the word of God.
    Last edited by eternally-gratefull; November 4th, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2011
    Age
    57
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    He my friend.

    I suggest you pick up a book. great read (if you like science) which explains alot of thing about earths past. and refutes the "Old Earth" theory (that is all it is by the way) It is called "Earth's Catastrophic past: Geology, creation and the Flood", By Andrew Snelling

    You see most of the science we have today uses "known things" today and using them to interpret the past. But also assuming "things are the same in the beginning as they are today" IE. Carbon dating says carbon deteriorated 1 million years ago the same pace, the same time, and the same degree as they do today, thus we can accurately use carbon deterioration to declare how old something is.

    The facts are this is not true. In Fact Peter warned of this very thing in the last days (which I do believe we are a part of)

    2 Peter 3:
    3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.

    I do believe these 'scoffers" are the scientific world today who scoff that there is a God. They are doing just what Peter said they would, using this theory that the world is as it is today, and has been since the begining of creation (from which they base their science. But peter explains here about the flood.

    You see the flood was more than just a rain even. Scripture says mountains moved, the deep broke open and water came from the depts of the earth. A major catostrophic even which change not only the earths autmosphere. but the earth's landmas as we know it. We also see in the book of Job. There was snow in what would be modern day middle east. There is your Ice age. Which was caused by the after affects of a global flood

    I coulod go on and on, but would take to long.

    Many scientists are looking at these facts and changing their tune.

    You see. Science can prove a "young earth" and scripture to be true. all one has to do is open their eyes. and not be a scoffer of the word of God.
    Hi EG; its hard to explain everything at once on this type of format, (at least it is for me) The earth, in its salvage state, Now, IS a realitivly young earth. However this WAS, kinda still IS, and Will Forever Be OUR Father's resting place; His Throne, The Jewel of The Universe, A Museum of pure uncontaminated living creatures.

    It WILL be that again, as OUR Father stated, and He does Not Lie, that HE created THIS EARTH, to be inhabited FOREVER.

    New Heavens and a New Earth is The Universe up and running again and The Earth Re-Modeled; after all there is millions of years of accumulated knowledge and materials to Re-Model with, Why not make the Most of it.

    Do you really think that the earth was originally designed to abuse us? and its NOT Adam & Eve's fault either; they were just the First Victum's of a Master Deceiver known as Satan/Death; not to many have stood a chance against him either.

    The reason that this generation Does stand a chance against Death, is because we are going to meet him face to face, just like Adam and Eve did; Will you be Deceived?

    Forever in Christ

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    22,579
    Rep Power
    41

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Quote Originally Posted by WeStand View Post
    Hi EG; its hard to explain everything at once on this type of format, (at least it is for me) The earth, in its salvage state, Now, IS a realitivly young earth. However this WAS, kinda still IS, and Will Forever Be OUR Father's resting place; His Throne, The Jewel of The Universe, A Museum of pure uncontaminated living creatures.

    It WILL be that again, as OUR Father stated, and He does Not Lie, that HE created THIS EARTH, to be inhabited FOREVER.

    New Heavens and a New Earth is The Universe up and running again and The Earth Re-Modeled; after all there is millions of years of accumulated knowledge and materials to Re-Model with, Why not make the Most of it.

    Do you really think that the earth was originally designed to abuse us? and its NOT Adam & Eve's fault either; they were just the First Victum's of a Master Deceiver known as Satan/Death; not to many have stood a chance against him either.

    The reason that this generation Does stand a chance against Death, is because we are going to meet him face to face, just like Adam and Eve did; Will you be Deceived?

    Forever in Christ
    Hi my friend. thanks for responding. I am not sure what your getting at though.

    1. God said this earth will be completely destroyed (rev)
    2. it is a relatively known fact that between that fall and the flood. The earth did not act in ways it does today. All that changed was no longer did animal live in harmony. But flesh ate flesh, and no longer was all plant life good. but it also experienced death, plus a change as weeds which drowned out good fruit came into play.
    3. The choas that we see today (earthquakes, hurricanes, severe weather. volcanoes etc) Did not occure until after the flood. And they are caused by things which God caused to happen to create the flood (ie continental drift, atmospheric changes which causes low and high pressure etc etc. There is no proof these things occured before the flood. In fact quite the opposite.. We see when Noah was building the ark that it had not rained for years and years. Yet crops still flourished (there was no drought or need for rain). because the autmosphere was still in its stable state, and there was enough water in it to support life without rain. This was not the case post flood.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2011
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,060
    Rep Power
    0

    Post Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Dear journey41. The Book of Enoch is NOT completely true, although it contains a few facts and true references. But as a whole, it is NOT a part of inspired Bible Scripture.
    Why is the book of Enoch not included in the Bible?
    God bless all. In Erie PA Scott Harrington


    quote=journey41;580492]Many have disputed that the book of Enoch does not belong to the bible. Some have even in fact stated that this book contains lies. My intention is to bring your attention to prophesies in this book that harmonise with the bible.

    You can look up yourself the history of this book and how it was rejected. We will forget about all that for a moment, and just look at what is written. To test it.

    I let you be the judge.

    Let me know what you think are condradictions. Here are just a few for now. I will put some more on the second post if you want to follow.

    ENOCH SECTION 2
    THE PARABLES

    ENOCH 38:1 The first parable
    When the congregation of the righteous shall appear,
    and sinners shall be judged for their sins,
    And shall be driven from the face of the earth:


    ENOCH 38:2 And when the Righteous One shall appear before the eyes of the righteous,
    Whose elect works hang upon the Lord of Spirits ,
    And light shall appear to the righteous and the elect who dwell on the earth


    ENOCH 38:3 Where then will be the dwelling of the sinners,
    and where the resting place of those who have denied the Lord of Spirits?
    It had been good for them if they had not been born.

    When the secrets of the righteous shall be revealed and the sinners judged.
    And the godless driven from the prescence of the righteous and elect,


    ENOCH 38:4 From that time those that possess the earth shall no longer be powerful and exalted:
    And they shall not be able to behold the face of the holy,
    For the Lord of Spirits has caused His light to appear
    on the face of the holy, righteous, and elect.


    ENOCH 38:5 Then shall the kings and the mighty perish
    And be given into the hands of the righteous and holy.

    ENOCH 38:6 And thence forward non shall seek for themselves mercy from the Lord of Spirits
    For their life is at an end.


    ENOCH 46:1 And there I saw One who had a head of days,
    And his head was white like wool,
    And with Him was another being whose countenance had the appearance of a man,
    And his face was full of graciousness, like one of the holy angels.


    ENOCH 46:2 And I asked the Angel who went with me and showed me all the hidden things concerning that


    ENOCH 46:3 Son of Man, who he was, and whence he was, (and) why he
    went with the Head of Days? And he answered and said unto me


    This is the son of Man who hath righteousness,
    With whom dwelleth righteousness,
    And who revealeth all the treasures of that which is hidden,

    Because the Lord of Spirits hath chosen him,
    And whose lot hath the pre-eminence before the Lord of Spirits
    in uprightness for ever.


    ENOCH 46:4 And this Son of Man whom thou hast seen
    Shall raise up the kings and the mighty from their seats,
    (And the strong from their thrones)
    And shall loosen the reins of the strong,
    And break the teeth of the sinners.


    ENOCH 46:5 (And he shall put own the kings from their thrones and kingdoms)
    Because they do not extol and praise him,
    Nor humbly acknowledge whence the kingdom was bestowed upon them.


    ENOCH 46:6 And he shall put down the countenance of the strong,
    and shall fill them with shame.

    And darkness shall be their dwelling,
    And worms shall be their bed,
    And they shall have no hope of rising from their beds
    Because they do not extol the name of the Lord of Spirits.
    (And raise their hands against the Most high)
    And tread upon the earth and dwell upon it.
    And all their deeds manifest unrighteousness,
    And their power rests upon their riches,
    And their faith is in the gods which they have made with their hands
    And they deny the name of the Lord of Spirits.


    ENOCH 46:8 And they persecute the houses of His congregations,
    And the faithful who hang upon the name of the Lord of Spirits.


    ENOCH 47:1
    And in those days shall have ascended the prayer of the righteous,
    And the blood of the righteous from the earth before the Lord of Spirits.

    ENOCH 47:2 In those days the holy ones who dwell above in the heavens
    Shall unite with one voice
    And supplicate and pray and praise,
    And give thanks and bless the name of the Lord of Spirits
    On behalf of the blood of the righteous which has been shed,
    And that the prayer of the righteous may not be in vain before the Lord of Spirits,
    That judgement may be done unto them,
    And that they may not have to suffer for ever.

    ENOCH 47:3 In those days I saw the Head of Days when He seated himself upon the thone of His glory,
    And the books of the living were opened before him:
    And all His host which is in heaven above and His counselors stood before him,

    ENOCH 47:4 And the hearts of the holy were filled with joy;
    Because the number of the righteous had been offered,
    And the prayer of the righteous had been heard
    And the blood of the righteous been required before the Lord of Spirits



  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2010
    Age
    45
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    [quote]
    [quote=Scotth1960;585054]Dear journey41. The Book of Enoch is NOT completely true, although it contains a few facts and true references. But as a whole, it is NOT a part of inspired Bible Scripture.
    Why is the book of Enoch not included in the Bible?
    God bless all. In Erie PA Scott Harrington
    [/QUOTE]Scotth, take these prophesy's in the NT for example

    Matthew 11:14 And if ye will recieve it, this is Elijah, which was for to come.


    you can trace this prophecy and verify it in the OT...

    Malachi 4:5
    Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.


    or this one


    Romans 16:20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly......

    linked to.....

    Genesis 3:15 And I will put emnity betwen thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heels.


    and this one


    Mark 7:6 He answered and said unto them Well hath Isaiah prophesied of your hyprocrites, as it is written, This people honoreth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

    Mark 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines of commandments of men.


    Mentioned in Isaiah, they could trace, cause it's linked to


    Isaiah 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men.


    All the prophets prophesy's mentioned in the NT can be traced back to OT. Every single prophecy can be verified.


    So where is this prophecy by Enoch located in the OT Scotth? The people would of heard this and referred to it otherwise they would of said "what the heck you talking about Jude"


    Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

    Jude 1:15 To execute judgement upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.


    Happy hunting, let me know when you find it so it can be verified like the other prophesies.
    Last edited by journey41; November 12th, 2011 at 10:28 PM.

  18. #38
    Deceased Abiding's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2010
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,309
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    Journey i think you have something here....i taped my book of enoch to my bible
    and guess what? Yup u guessed it...it was way too big to carry around.
    if what the bible says doesnt suit you, just start a thread and soon many will agree,
    this helps take the difficulty out of self deception alone

  19. #39
    Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Denying Trinity, Biblical resurrection etc.]
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,934
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1



    Not to sound harsh here but Enoch i don't think ya gonna fit..

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2011
    Age
    57
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: THE BOOK OF ENOCH IS TRUE -1

    If the Prophet's, the Apostle's and Christ himself, used Enoch as an example in their teachings, its good enough for me; lest, God forbid, i listen to ANY man say its NOT good for exhorting and teaching.

    The people that beleive this book doesn't belong, have only heard The Word in the BULL____, oh! i mean English languange; a diluted and watered down TRANSLATION.

    The Book of Enoch; backs up the rest the Bible 100%, IF you have used the Bible for what it IS, a textbook to understand The Word in its ORIGINAL form, given to the people that GOD CHOSE to give it to.

    Forever in Christ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The heresy of limited atonement refuted
    By MahogonySnail in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 223
    Last Post: September 14th, 2013, 03:22 PM
  2. NIV, RSV & ASV: The Anti-christ bibles identified by Amazing Discoveries
    By ChosenbyHim in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: October 29th, 2011, 01:16 AM
  3. Tree of life, Book of life?
    By Strickalator in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: August 15th, 2011, 04:13 PM
  4. Are Aliens Real? My True Story Part 2
    By christiancanadian in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2009, 07:17 AM