Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 580
Like Tree514Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: word of faith movement

  1. #21
    Crossfire
    Guest

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post

    to claim arguments agaisnt the WOF movement as anticharismatic dogma i just bolony.

    You misinterpreted what I said.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    [QUOTE=greatblue;768449]That is exactly right. The entire premise is built on the idea that God cannot take back what He said or did for us.

    God is not a man the He should lie. If He took back the things He promised would that make Him a liar??
    We're all Negan

  3. #23
    Senior Member GreenNnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    9,171
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    I thinik, no, check that, I KNOW the power of God is great in my life, and, IF you believe, in yours

    That said, believing in getting a Lexus 430SC is OK, I do not seriously think that TBN pastors or anyone else are preaching, 'OH, turn your life to God, you are a christian so now you need to practice what you are, quit sitting, start praying right NOW for that Lexus you want, or, mercedes, and, you will have it by Monday ,or in a month!!!! ''

    No, sorry, I'm sorry, but this is NOT being done in the church today to THIS extreme, but, yes, telling people to pray for what they want ('ask anything in His name and it shall be given to you' is a red-letter Jesus verse in Scripture, is it not, no? ) and that the Lord will provide their needs is FINE.

    Some you on here TAKE this concept to the EXTREME, I think.


    The power of positive thinking and believing in the Holy Spirit is something some think is just 'creaminess,' won't mention any names on c.c. but someone used that EXACT word. It is nearly blasphemy, I think (notice i gave MY OPINION, not JUDGING person), to put the Holy Spirit in a 'creaminess' category, LOL> All things considered, and, you SHOULD consider all things, the 'creaminess' that you say you don't get from the Holy Spirit is God working in your life. I will speak for myself only, just because I know some just don't embrace His power in HS form of His deity. Fine. But, don't go bad-mouthing, and, poo-pooing the power of God in those that DO believe in His power to RECEIVE when praying for things, I highly advise you, for your sake, as the Lord will put an end to wickedness in a certain day but IF you show lack of faith and respect for others' ways of worshiping and 'receiving' God (can I* say that?? ), then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !

    And, God's power is true, I could sit here and list dozens of things God's Spirit has overwhelmed me and blessed my life, helped me through times that were as destitute as could be. God got me through, and, He did NOT give me a mercedes, but I prayed an exact opposite prayer actually when I was down and out and debted back in 2008....

    ///....I said something to the effect of, "OK, God, I'm yours, and, I did not realize I would be 40 and so broke I can't even afford to pee in a toilet + I have a gargantuan debt.
    But, I know you are Lord and I will receive your blessings and your trials. It wasn't more than a MONTH after that and God showed up and blessed me as greatly as a Lexus 430SC for the price of putting tabs on the car. I kid you NOT !! The power of God is so great, Christ peeps !!! Believe !!!

    This is a backwards example but it hopefully shows the power of God, which is ALL I tried to do with this post. Word up !!! Faith works./ And, submission to God works too, surrendering ALL to God, do it, just you see what you receive
    Without God, we have nothing. With Him, we have everything we ever need, and, more.

    Is compassion compassion at all if it's not based on the Truth ?

    The Holy Spirit leads ALL believers lives, wants to. Are you letting Him lead yours ?

    God bless your days !

  4. #24
    Senior Member GreenNnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    9,171
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Which Lexus 430SC, green?

    Think 'new.'
    Without God, we have nothing. With Him, we have everything we ever need, and, more.

    Is compassion compassion at all if it's not based on the Truth ?

    The Holy Spirit leads ALL believers lives, wants to. Are you letting Him lead yours ?

    God bless your days !

  5. #25
    Bea22
    Guest

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNnice View Post
    then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !
    Lol about the 'whoa is you' part

    Green, maybe for the first time in history, I have to agree with you here. I don't understand why christians would want to discount the promises of God simply because there are those who take it to an extreme and say you can ask for a Mercedes and it will be given.

    There are promises, SOMEONE is going to ask what they will and it will be given - because His Word will be abiding in them. Scripture must be fulfilled. But where's the balance?

    Back to my first post, there has to be false impersonators when there is a genuine. So how to tell the difference? Hmm.
    What can't Satan impersonate? He can impersonate a lot of things... but what are the main things that He has no power over?

  6. #26
    Senior Member tribesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Basically WOF just take the objectives of their pentecostal/arminian/synergist predecessors to an extreme. Though Hagin had some other even more odd sources of inspiration.
    Matt.6:14-15 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

    There is no worse screen to block out the Spirit than confidence in our own intelligence. - John Calvin

  7. #27
    Senior Member GreenNnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    9,171
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Yes, I do believe in the power of great things given us today through His power imbued in us, just like Jesus' healing on earth the sick, and, raising dead, and, giving double talents to the one person investing/using 5 talents God gave them. Invest in what God's given you, little or big, to tithe, to places of world concern to places of web blessings to others (and you) like c.c.
    Just do it, mix in a little faith and obedience and don't expect anything in return, do these things because you can, because itsWord, because He leads
    )()()()()()())()()
    Beaaussielass, say it isn''t so, no-oh-oh-oh, oh, say it isn''t, say, say it isn''t so, we don't agree . Snap out of it !

    Seriously, milady, amen, you're speaking Truth IF God can do anything He certainly can give anything. I have no doubt, Christ peeps, whatever your burden, whether debt, love, whatevuh!, LAY it at His feet in willingful sacrifice and you will be singinging....

    ”look what The Lord has done.”

    I praise God daily for blessings, past ones, present, to come, God reigns
    Last edited by GreenNnice; August 29th, 2012 at 01:15 AM.
    Without God, we have nothing. With Him, we have everything we ever need, and, more.

    Is compassion compassion at all if it's not based on the Truth ?

    The Holy Spirit leads ALL believers lives, wants to. Are you letting Him lead yours ?

    God bless your days !

  8. #28
    Abiding
    Guest

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNnice View Post
    I thinik, no, check that, I KNOW the power of God is great in my life, and, IF you believe, in yours

    That said, believing in getting a Lexus 430SC is OK, I do not seriously think that TBN pastors or anyone else are preaching, 'OH, turn your life to God, you are a christian so now you need to practice what you are, quit sitting, start praying right NOW for that Lexus you want, or, mercedes, and, you will have it by Monday ,or in a month!!!! ''

    No, sorry, I'm sorry, but this is NOT being done in the church today to THIS extreme, but, yes, telling people to pray for what they want ('ask anything in His name and it shall be given to you' is a red-letter Jesus verse in Scripture, is it not, no? ) and that the Lord will provide their needs is FINE.

    Some you on here TAKE this concept to the EXTREME, I think.


    The power of positive thinking and believing in the Holy Spirit is something some think is just 'creaminess,' won't mention any names on c.c. but someone used that EXACT word. It is nearly blasphemy, I think (notice i gave MY OPINION, not JUDGING person), to put the Holy Spirit in a 'creaminess' category, LOL> All things considered, and, you SHOULD consider all things, the 'creaminess' that you say you don't get from the Holy Spirit is God working in your life. I will speak for myself only, just because I know some just don't embrace His power in HS form of His deity. Fine. But, don't go bad-mouthing, and, poo-pooing the power of God in those that DO believe in His power to RECEIVE when praying for things, I highly advise you, for your sake, as the Lord will put an end to wickedness in a certain day but IF you show lack of faith and respect for others' ways of worshiping and 'receiving' God (can I* say that?? ), then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !

    And, God's power is true, I could sit here and list dozens of things God's Spirit has overwhelmed me and blessed my life, helped me through times that were as destitute as could be. God got me through, and, He did NOT give me a mercedes, but I prayed an exact opposite prayer actually when I was down and out and debted back in 2008....

    ///....I said something to the effect of, "OK, God, I'm yours, and, I did not realize I would be 40 and so broke I can't even afford to pee in a toilet + I have a gargantuan debt.
    But, I know you are Lord and I will receive your blessings and your trials. It wasn't more than a MONTH after that and God showed up and blessed me as greatly as a Lexus 430SC for the price of putting tabs on the car. I kid you NOT !! The power of God is so great, Christ peeps !!! Believe !!!

    This is a backwards example but it hopefully shows the power of God, which is ALL I tried to do with this post. Word up !!! Faith works./ And, submission to God works too, surrendering ALL to God, do it, just you see what you receive

    Dont really think your scarying anybody.

    Can you tell us what it means.....IN HIS NAME?

  9. #29
    Crossfire
    Guest

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Quote Originally Posted by tribesman View Post
    Basically WOF just take the objectives of their pentecostal/arminian/synergist predecessors to an extreme. Though Hagin had some other even more odd sources of inspiration.
    You're lucky the vast majority of people in CC have absolutely no idea what you're talking about or else your language would cause a riot seeing you just insulted 9/10's of those who frequent these boards . However, they're willing to jump on the bandwagon because you attached the word "pentecostal" to your statement. What they don't realize is that when there's no more pentecostals to bash... you're coming for them.
    Last edited by Crossfire; August 29th, 2012 at 03:38 AM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member pickles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2009
    Age
    57
    Posts
    14,440
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    What makes no sence here or in the many other postings that speak to this movement, or this ism or method of faith.
    Is why do so many keep running this way and that for truth?
    When everything one needs, is given in Jesus Christ is Lord.
    Jesus said, I am the way the truth and the life.
    Jesus also warned about those that would say... :look here he is, or look over there, that is where you will find him, calling them to run this way or that.
    When all one needs is to look to Jesus, for His Spirit lives within you.
    So one dosent need to run all over or look at this or that.
    One simply needs to be still, and know .
    Jesus said, I am with you always, even untill the end.

    God bless
    pickles
    Ariel82 and Crossfire like this.
    Its really not that complicated, Jesus is the way, the truth and the life we are called to!
    The Joy of the Lord is your streangth!

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2012
    Age
    51
    Posts
    109
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    I find it a waste of time discussing other beliefs. I prefer to share God's word and allow God to be our vindicator.

    Mathew 7:1-3 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

    3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    16,809
    Blog Entries
    78
    Rep Power
    305

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    i find it sad when a child is told to pray for something like having his father not die and when he dies is told its his lack of faith and he just didn't want it enough. that is why i have issues with the say it and claim it crowd. it often doesn't talk of God's will at all or how there is an eternal life with Christ after death...there are many wolves in that fold.

    you find it a waste of time but i find it useful to learn how to bibically respond to such beliefs that have hurt so many people and have chased them away from Jesus because of the false gospel taught.
    Don't take my word for it. Search Scriptures for yourself!

    Acts 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

  13. #33
    carey
    Guest

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    i find it sad when a child is told to pray for something like having his father not die and when he dies is told its his lack of faith and he just didn't want it enough. that is why i have issues with the say it and claim it crowd. it often doesn't talk of God's will at all or how there is an eternal life with Christ after death...there are many wolves in that fold.

    you find it a waste of time but i find it useful to learn how to bibically respond to such beliefs that have hurt so many people and have chased them away from Jesus because of the false gospel taught.

    This is exactly why i started this thread, first i wanted to see how many people believed in this stuff with the hope of showing them how wrong and dangerous it is, i used to believe in the name it and claim it, i used to claim my husband's return to the Lord, for years nothing happened, then i just started praying for Gods will to be done, almost immediately i started to see Him work in his life! It was incredible! So i started to look up scripture that would back up the name it and claim it, couldn't find anything, then i started looking up the ministers of that movement, i was shocked by what i found.and grieved by the number of my favorite ministers involved in this, joseph prince, t.d. jakes, and even joyce meyer

  14. #34
    Senior Member tribesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,065
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Quote Originally Posted by carey View Post
    This is exactly why i started this thread, first i wanted to see how many people believed in this stuff with the hope of showing them how wrong and dangerous it is, i used to believe in the name it and claim it, i used to claim my husband's return to the Lord, for years nothing happened, then i just started praying for Gods will to be done, almost immediately i started to see Him work in his life! It was incredible! So i started to look up scripture that would back up the name it and claim it, couldn't find anything, then i started looking up the ministers of that movement, i was shocked by what i found.and grieved by the number of my favorite ministers involved in this, joseph prince, t.d. jakes, and even joyce meyer
    Thanx for the testimony.
    Matt.6:14-15 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

    There is no worse screen to block out the Spirit than confidence in our own intelligence. - John Calvin

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2012
    Age
    35
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Promoters of the Word of faith movement remind me of a snake oil salesman.



  16. #36
    Senior Member GreenNnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    9,171
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNnice View Post
    I thinik, no, check that, I KNOW the power of God is great in my life, and, IF you believe, in yours

    That said, believing in getting a Lexus 430SC is OK, I do not seriously think that TBN pastors or anyone else are preaching, 'OH, turn your life to God, you are a christian so now you need to practice what you are, quit sitting, start praying right NOW for that Lexus you want, or, mercedes, and, you will have it by Monday ,or in a month!!!! ''

    No, sorry, I'm sorry, but this is NOT being done in the church today to THIS extreme, but, yes, telling people to pray for what they want ('ask anything in His name and it shall be given to you' is a red-letter Jesus verse in Scripture, is it not, no? ) and that the Lord will provide their needs is FINE.

    Some you on here TAKE this concept to the EXTREME, I think.


    The power of positive thinking and believing in the Holy Spirit is something some think is just 'creaminess,' won't mention any names on c.c. but someone used that EXACT word. It is nearly blasphemy, I think (notice i gave MY OPINION, not JUDGING person), to put the Holy Spirit in a 'creaminess' category, LOL> All things considered, and, you SHOULD consider all things, the 'creaminess' that you say you don't get from the Holy Spirit is God working in your life. I will speak for myself only, just because I know some just don't embrace His power in HS form of His deity. Fine. But, don't go bad-mouthing, and, poo-pooing the power of God in those that DO believe in His power to RECEIVE when praying for things, I highly advise you, for your sake, as the Lord will put an end to wickedness in a certain day but IF you show lack of faith and respect for others' ways of worshiping and 'receiving' God (can I* say that?? ), then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !

    And, God's power is true, I could sit here and list dozens of things God's Spirit has overwhelmed me and blessed my life, helped me through times that were as destitute as could be. God got me through, and, He did NOT give me a mercedes, but I prayed an exact opposite prayer actually when I was down and out and debted back in 2008....

    ///....I said something to the effect of, "OK, God, I'm yours, and, I did not realize I would be 40 and so broke I can't even afford to pee in a toilet + I have a gargantuan debt.
    But, I know you are Lord and I will receive your blessings and your trials. It wasn't more than a MONTH after that and God showed up and blessed me as greatly as a Lexus 430SC for the price of putting tabs on the car. I kid you NOT !! The power of God is so great, Christ peeps !!! Believe !!!
    ]

    This is a backwards example but it hopefully shows the power of God, which is ALL I tried to do with this post. Word up !!! Faith works./ And, submission to God works too, surrendering ALL to God, do it, just you see what you receive
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNnice View Post
    Which Lexus 430SC, green?

    Think 'new.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Abiding View Post
    Dont really think your scarying anybody.

    Can you tell us what it means.....IN HIS NAME?
    What in that should scare anybody, it's my personal testimony ? It is a testament to the power of God at work in my life. That is the main point of what all I said, so, I won't know what else I could be scaring others by unless you extrapolate. Thanks in advance.

    Can you tell us what it means....IN His NAME? We are to pray for things IN HIS NAME, Scripture states.
    And you better re-read what I wrote IF you think I prayed for a Lexus 430SC, because, I prayed for only one thing, the same words Jesus said on the cross...

    Jesus said SEVEN things while still alive and nailed to the cross, can you pick out which 'one' I said?

    Since you questioned me, I'm quizzing you, the Lord leads, I'm taking things a step further.

    Read the first long post for the answer, I'm sure, Dear Lord, Thy (your) will be done, Amen, you, abide, will find it. There, there, I'm so nice, I even said a prayer for you
    Last edited by GreenNnice; August 29th, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
    Without God, we have nothing. With Him, we have everything we ever need, and, more.

    Is compassion compassion at all if it's not based on the Truth ?

    The Holy Spirit leads ALL believers lives, wants to. Are you letting Him lead yours ?

    God bless your days !

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,400
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Man; I want to be saved. I want a nice car.

    Jesus: I have never sinned. I wish to heal others. Crucify me.

  18. #38
    MidniteWelder
    Guest

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel82 View Post
    Paul learned to be content rather he had food or not and praise God for whatever life throw at him

    Jesus did not pray that stone turn to bread but that the will of God for man can not live on bread alone.
    No but when Jesus was hungry he certainly taught that fig tree a lesson

  19. #39
    Member BirdiesLoveJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    really??? In canada Word of Faith here in my hometown in Canada is a very anointed Church! sad to hear something stole their name and is polluting it.
    For the God on the mountain is still God in the valley. When things go wrong, He'll make it right. And the God of the good times is still God in the bad times. The God of the day is still God in the night.


    Check out and like my page! :
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sam-He...33994383298461

  20. #40
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    20,376
    Rep Power
    259

    Default Re: word of faith movement

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNnice View Post
    I thinik, no, check that, I KNOW the power of God is great in my life, and, IF you believe, in yours

    That said, believing in getting a Lexus 430SC is OK, I do not seriously think that TBN pastors or anyone else are preaching, 'OH, turn your life to God, you are a christian so now you need to practice what you are, quit sitting, start praying right NOW for that Lexus you want, or, mercedes, and, you will have it by Monday ,or in a month!!!! ''

    No, sorry, I'm sorry, but this is NOT being done in the church today to THIS extreme, but, yes, telling people to pray for what they want ('ask anything in His name and it shall be given to you' is a red-letter Jesus verse in Scripture, is it not, no? ) and that the Lord will provide their needs is FINE.

    Some you on here TAKE this concept to the EXTREME, I think.


    The power of positive thinking and believing in the Holy Spirit is something some think is just 'creaminess,' won't mention any names on c.c. but someone used that EXACT word. It is nearly blasphemy, I think (notice i gave MY OPINION, not JUDGING person), to put the Holy Spirit in a 'creaminess' category, LOL> All things considered, and, you SHOULD consider all things, the 'creaminess' that you say you don't get from the Holy Spirit is God working in your life. I will speak for myself only, just because I know some just don't embrace His power in HS form of His deity. Fine. But, don't go bad-mouthing, and, poo-pooing the power of God in those that DO believe in His power to RECEIVE when praying for things, I highly advise you, for your sake, as the Lord will put an end to wickedness in a certain day but IF you show lack of faith and respect for others' ways of worshiping and 'receiving' God (can I* say that?? ), then whoa is you for your judgment on degenerating their chosen way to believe in God's power to the Nth degree !

    And, God's power is true, I could sit here and list dozens of things God's Spirit has overwhelmed me and blessed my life, helped me through times that were as destitute as could be. God got me through, and, He did NOT give me a mercedes, but I prayed an exact opposite prayer actually when I was down and out and debted back in 2008....

    ///....I said something to the effect of, "OK, God, I'm yours, and, I did not realize I would be 40 and so broke I can't even afford to pee in a toilet + I have a gargantuan debt.
    But, I know you are Lord and I will receive your blessings and your trials. It wasn't more than a MONTH after that and God showed up and blessed me as greatly as a Lexus 430SC for the price of putting tabs on the car. I kid you NOT !! The power of God is so great, Christ peeps !!! Believe !!!

    This is a backwards example but it hopefully shows the power of God, which is ALL I tried to do with this post. Word up !!! Faith works./ And, submission to God works too, surrendering ALL to God, do it, just you see what you receive

    You're dead wrong. This is EXACTLY what they teach. These things you're reading are able to be found quoted by most major Televangilists, including TBNs Paul Crouch. Not only does he teach it himself, he mostly airs people with these teachings, and if you ever watch his telethons where he spends a week begging for more money, the 'professional fundraiser' he hires very plainly teaches a '100 fold return' on all giving. Give a dollar, God will send you 100 more in return. The more you send, the more you get back. Blatant.
    Rather than accusing people of making being extreme and exaggerating, which you're only saying with absolutely no foundation or backup, just pure speculation and opinion, why don't you instead try researching to see if its true.
    p_rehbein likes this.
    What allures and arouses the heart we can't figure out
    But it's the quickest way to account for what we prize
    And are most proud about
    These gods make promises but always lie to us
    The kinds of lies that says they'll keep us safe and satisfy us
    We blame the lies outside of us
    But it's the lie that lies inside that captures the depth of desires and false messiahs

    ~Beautiful Eulogy - Messiah~


Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FAITH IS A WORK! The Deception of Eph 2:8-10
    By Skinski7 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: June 18th, 2012, 06:43 AM
  2. Is Protestant Biblicism evil?
    By Scotth1960 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: May 3rd, 2011, 06:04 PM
  3. FROM A CHRISTIAN TO A CATHOLIC
    By JimM1228 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
  4. Having faith. How strong is your faith in Christ?
    By Hero777 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: March 13th, 2010, 04:46 PM
  5. Replies: 67
    Last Post: June 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM