Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 75 of 75
Like Tree33Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2010
    Age
    55
    Posts
    25,609
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laodicea View Post
    The false prophet is the 2nd beast of Rev 13, look at these verses.
    Revelation 13:13-14 KJV
    (13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,
    (14) And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.


    Bringing fire down from heaven looks like Elijah, it is a false Elijah a false prophet.
    i would agree this is a close match if there's a literal futurist interpretation Lao.

    and there are no shortages of ppl who are expecting a literal Elijah.
    or ppl claiming to BE Elijah


    Geoff Neilson has written "7 quick steps proving HWA is the endtime Elijah," that Herbert W. Armstrong was the prophesied individual to come in the power and spirit of Elijah, as taught by the former Worldwide Church of God and still believed by many of the branches of the Sabbath-keeping Church of God.
    Was Herbert W. Armstrong Elijah? <click


    William "Branham's followers identified him as the prophetic Elijah of Malachi 4 and the seventh angel of Revelation 10"
    The Watchman Expositor: William Branham / Branhamism Profile < click


    Prophet Tom Deckard is the last day Elijah (Malachi 4:5)!!
    gospel according 2 patrick j miron: Prophet Tom Deckard is the last day Elijah (Malachi 4:5)!! Listen to him...or patrick j miron--Christ hear is speaking to the Apostles and through THEM to today’s CC] < click


    ad infinitum...
    tribesman likes this.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Laodicea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,638
    Blog Entries
    18
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Quote Originally Posted by zone View Post
    i would agree this is a close match if there's a literal futurist interpretation Lao.

    and there are no shortages of ppl who are expecting a literal Elijah.
    or ppl claiming to BE Elijah


    Geoff Neilson has written "7 quick steps proving HWA is the endtime Elijah," that Herbert W. Armstrong was the prophesied individual to come in the power and spirit of Elijah, as taught by the former Worldwide Church of God and still believed by many of the branches of the Sabbath-keeping Church of God.
    Was Herbert W. Armstrong Elijah? <click


    William "Branham's followers identified him as the prophetic Elijah of Malachi 4 and the seventh angel of Revelation 10"
    The Watchman Expositor: William Branham / Branhamism Profile < click


    Prophet Tom Deckard is the last day Elijah (Malachi 4:5)!!
    gospel according 2 patrick j miron: Prophet Tom Deckard is the last day Elijah (Malachi 4:5)!! Listen to him...or patrick j miron--Christ hear is speaking to the Apostles and through THEM to today’s CC] < click


    ad infinitum...
    I see it more as a movement rather than an individual in the future
    Proverbs 6:23 KJV
    (23) For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:




  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2010
    Age
    55
    Posts
    25,609
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laodicea View Post
    I see it more as a movement rather than an individual in the future
    what's a movement?
    there's an Elijah movement?

    John the Baptizer 'was Elijah' Jesus said.
    we don't need any more prophets...that always means more LAW.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Laodicea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,638
    Blog Entries
    18
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Quote Originally Posted by zone View Post
    what's a movement?
    there's an Elijah movement?

    John the Baptizer 'was Elijah' Jesus said.
    we don't need any more prophets...that always means more LAW.
    It is the message of Elijah that they have not so much prophets but the message. We need more people to read there Bibles. We have plenty in the Bible.
    Proverbs 6:23 KJV
    (23) For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:




  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2010
    Age
    55
    Posts
    25,609
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laodicea View Post
    It is the message of Elijah that they have not so much prophets but the message. We need more people to read there Bibles. We have plenty in the Bible.
    okay...what's the message of Elijah, Lao?
    turn the hearts of the children back to Saturday Sabbath?

    edit - sorry that would be Malachi.
    and we were saying the bad guys have an Elijah Movement.
    can you explain what that is?
    Last edited by zone; February 13th, 2013 at 03:10 AM.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Laodicea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,638
    Blog Entries
    18
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Quote Originally Posted by zone View Post
    okay...what's the message of Elijah, Lao?
    turn the hearts of the children back to Saturday Sabbath?
    The message to be given is found in Revelation 14:6-12. Just after they are given is the harvest which is the end of the world.
    Proverbs 6:23 KJV
    (23) For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:




  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2010
    Age
    55
    Posts
    25,609
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Laodicea View Post
    The message to be given is found in Revelation 14:6-12. Just after they are given is the harvest which is the end of the world.
    "the everlasting gospel"

    k....you are an Adventist teacher.
    what is the everlasting gospel to you?

    also, i edited my last post after you answered.
    i thought we were saying the false prophet/bad guy had an Elijah movement.
    what is that?

  8. #68
    Senior Member Laodicea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    5,638
    Blog Entries
    18
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Quote Originally Posted by zone View Post
    "the everlasting gospel"

    k....you are an Adventist teacher.
    what is the everlasting gospel to you?

    also, i edited my last post after you answered.
    i thought we were saying the false prophet/bad guy had an Elijah movement.
    what is that?
    The gospel it says in Galatians was preached to Abraham. The gospel is about Christ, what He has done for us, is doing for us, and will do for us. Satan always has a counterfeit of the truth to look like the truth in order to deceive people into thinking they are following the truth. If there is a true Satan will have a counterfeit.
    Proverbs 6:23 KJV
    (23) For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:




  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    19
    Posts
    2,420
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    What if its not the pope but mater???? (pope means papa mater means mama lolz) who would have thought of such a thing :O

  10. #70


    Chr
    Chr is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2013
    Age
    37
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Could be? We don't know the identity of the antichrist or the false prophet yet

  11. #71
    Senior Member 7seven7's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    718
    Blog Entries
    6
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    i really think its the muslims

  12. #72
    nathan3
    Guest

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    the pope is no worse then some of these threads being posted. so how can we say its the pope alone, thats the problem. look how many divisions there are in the church of Christians around the world. the pope is just one person in the corner that no one listens to. God said the whole world is decived and, God never mentions the pope .
    7seven7 likes this.

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2010
    Age
    55
    Posts
    25,609
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    i really think it's the Jamesons over on Lake Circle Drive.

    i saw lawyers in and out of that place just the other day.
    no doubt it was the 7 year peace treaty.

    and the oldest son...well.
    he for sure is the false prophet.

    i've seen him parading around with that tattoo on his forehead.
    you know, the daughter is a little "free-spirited", but i'm not going to go out on a limb and say she's the harlot

    i'm trying to keep a low profile.
    Last edited by zone; February 19th, 2013 at 11:50 AM.

  14. #74
    Senior Member Elizabeth619's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,632
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Quote Originally Posted by SantoSubito View Post
    No. But expect a lot of speculation and conspiracy theories from followers of the prophecies of St. Malachy. According to those prophecies (well according to how some folks read them) the Pope after Benedict XVI will take the name Peter the Roman (leading those same folks to think the next Pope will be Italian).

    Ironically these prophecies are often promulgated by people that believe the Pope is the antichrist, but the last Pope is supposed to lead the Holy Roman Church (Malachy's words) through persecution in the end times. Here's the last line in the prophecies about Peter the Roman:

    "In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church there will reign Peter the Roman, who will feed his flock amid many tribulations, after which the seven-hilled city will be destroyed and the dreadful Judge will judge the people. The End."
    Quote Originally Posted by Agricola View Post
    It all has to do with the seer St Malachy who had a vision when visiting Rome, regarding the Popes leading up to the return of Christ. It is quite interesting to note that the prophecy regarding all previous Popes have stood up to scrutiny. The next Pope is callef Petrus Romanus or Peter the Roman and is the last Pope before Christ return.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkayMrk777 View Post
    Next pope will be Cardinal Angelo Scola.
    If the Prophecy of Malachi is correct.
    You heard it here first
    Soooo... How about them false prophets?
    unclefester and Maynard like this.

  15. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    626
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is the Next Pope the False Prophet?

    Were not all those Popes since 1054year a heretics,started from 1st to the last?
    What Prophets,what Saints,what holiness,when the Holy Spirit isn't with them last 1000years?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Paul Washer: Man of God or False Prophet?
    By KingdomGeneration in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: January 8th, 2014, 11:24 AM
  2. Will Isa be the false prophet of the End Times?
    By WomanLovesTX in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 12th, 2013, 02:29 PM
  3. The beast and false prophet!
    By phil36 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: April 14th, 2011, 02:41 PM
  5. The Description Of A False Prophet
    By Baruch in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: March 20th, 2011, 11:21 PM