Love is not lawless. Love is the only law. He that loves his neighbor as himself has completed anything required by GOD's law.
Originally Posted by phil36
Jesus' commandments are:
[The people] said to [Jesus], 'What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?' Jesus answered and said to them, 'This is the work of God, that you believe into him whom he has sent.' John 6:28-29
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord [by faith], so walk in him [by faith]. Colossians 2:6
- Love your neighbor as yourself
A new commandment I give to you: that you love one another. As I have loved you, also you love one another. John 13:34
This is [GOD's] commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keeps his commandments dwells in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit which he has given us. 1 John 3:23-24
For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, you shall not commit murder, you shall not steal, you shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are summed up in this statement: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does not commit evil against a neighbor, therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:9-10
Therefore all things whatsoever you would that men should do to you, do you even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. Matthew 7:12
That's how simple it really is.
What are the great commandments of Moses' law?
- Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. Matthew 22:36-40
What does it mean to love GOD with all the heart, soul, and mind?
- For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1 John 5:3
- If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15
- He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. John 14:21
And what are GOD's commandments?
This is [GOD's] commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 1 John 3:23