Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
Like Tree25Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ours?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    3

    Default What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ours?

    Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
    Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
    Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
    Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
    Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
    Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
    Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

    Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.


    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from? So why do we get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?
    What are the blessings of Abraham that might come on the gentiles?
    Isdaniel likes this.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    19,996
    Rep Power
    36

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
    Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
    Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
    Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
    Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
    Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
    Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

    Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.


    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from? So why do we get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?
    What are the blessings of Abraham that might come on the gentiles?
    It is THE curse of the law. The curse is separation from God. As for the blessing. the blessing is through Abrahams seed (Christ) we have been blessed with the ability to be saved.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 15th, 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,532
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
    Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
    Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
    Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
    Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
    Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
    Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

    Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.


    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from? So why do we get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?
    What are the blessings of Abraham that might come on the gentiles?
    Genesis 2:17but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

    Romans 6:23For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

    Adam was condemn to die and we are the fruits of Adam. So if Adam were to have died, there were not going to be any fruits, because God knows that a bad tree cannot produce good fruits, and that is the curse that was carried on down generations. God was holding on hoping for the seeds of Adam to produce goodness in the world, because He's a merciful and compassionate God, and it isn't in his nature to abandon nor forsake. God excepted Abel offering because it was given out of love, because Abel was hoping that this will please God and hope that He will take away the sin that Adam had committed and let them be back into the garden again, and which it is being in His presence. During the time of John, God was coming to make His decision, but the soft-side of God that shows compassion, had stepped in and taken the blame for the world and so that the promise is completed for those that believe what God has done for us.

    Matthew 3:10
    The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

    Matthew 11:3
    to ask him, “Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?”

    Matthew 5:7
    Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

    Matthew 9:13
    But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

    Matthew 13:17
    For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.



    Hebrews 11:4
    By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead.

    Hebrews 12:24
    to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.
    Last edited by 4enlightment; November 21st, 2013 at 05:58 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member iamsoandso's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2011
    Age
    80
    Posts
    2,154
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
    Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
    Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
    Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
    Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
    Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
    Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

    Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.


    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from? So why do we get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?
    What are the blessings of Abraham that might come on the gentiles?

    in matt 8;17 ,,,,infirmaries=weaknesses/physical or mental,,,,,,,,sickness=the state of being ill,,,fever,nausea,ect. so he took our weakness both physical and mental,,and he then bore the illness(sickness) it caused,,,,

  5. #5
    Senior Member RedTent's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2011
    Age
    89
    Posts
    7,080
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    The law is good, it is Holy, it is not a curse. The curse of the law is that disobeying the law brings death, it is through Christ that we are saved from this curse.

    Moses and the Prophets gave us examples of what to do to obey the law of love. Christ added the spirit of the law. Moses told us the steps we need to take to honor the Sabbath, Christ told us how to honor the Sabbath with our very being.
    Joh_1:17 for the law was given through Moses, grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

    Jamess_1:25 But the one who looks intently into the perfect law of freedom and perseveres in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but one who does good works--this person will be blessed in what he does.

    Rom_7:12 So then,the law is holy,and the commandment is holy and just and good.

    Rom_7:22 For in my inner self I joyfully agree with God's law.

    Rom_7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with my mind I myself am a slave to the law of God, but with my flesh, to the law of sin.

    Rom_8:2 because the Spirit's law of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

    Rom_8:3 What the law could not do since it was limited by the flesh, God did. He condemned sin in the flesh by sending His own Son in flesh like ours under sin's domain, and as a sin offering,
    Yahshua likes this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    65
    Posts
    8,646
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    The curses are inextricably interwoven with those under the law (all unbelievers both Jew and Gentile, see Rom 3 and 7).
    The blessings are based only on Christ's righteousness to be received only by faith not by law.
    Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    No one really answered my question, I think.
    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from?
    Is sickness one of the results of the curse of the law because of a child of God's sin(s)?
    So why do Christians get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?

  8. #8
    Senior Member HeRoseFromTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2012
    Posts
    3,589
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    No one really answered my question, I think.
    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from?
    Is sickness one of the results of the curse of the law because of a child of God's sin(s)?
    So why do Christians get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?
    IMO the answer would have to be unbelief.
    Yahshua likes this.
    This is the work of God: that you believe into the one [the father] set apart. John 6:29

    Interlinear Bible ... Interlinear LXX ... theWord ...Azal Revealed (Zechariah 14:5)

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by HeRoseFromTheDead View Post
    IMO the answer would have to be unbelief.
    Why do you say unbelief? What scripture verse(s) do you have in mind?

  10. #10
    Senior Member RedTent's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2011
    Age
    89
    Posts
    7,080
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    No one really answered my question, I think.
    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from?
    Is sickness one of the results of the curse of the law because of a child of God's sin(s)?
    So why do Christians get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?
    The curse of the law is that sin that the law defines causes death. I don't think that curse has anything to do with sickness.

    What Jesus bore on the cross is our sin. I think you have to go to other scripture to find the answer to your question and think through different principles that our heavenly Father has given us.

    Scripture is very precise, down to earth, and straight to the point. When we try to make one group of scriptures address every issue, it just adds in man made deductions. What you need to search scripture for to answer your question is for God principles that lead to health and well being, and how principles of sin interfere with this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTent View Post
    The curse of the law is that sin that the law defines causes death. I don't think that curse has anything to do with sickness.
    Deu 28:15 But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:
    Deu 28:20 The LORD shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me.
    Deu 28:21 The LORD shall make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until he have consumed thee from off the land, whither thou goest to possess it.
    Deu 28:22 The LORD shall smite thee with a consumption, and with a fever, and with an inflammation, and with an extreme burning, and with the sword, and with blasting, and with mildew; and they shall pursue thee until thou perish.



    Deu 28:27 The LORD will smite thee with the botch of Egypt, and with the emerods, and with the scab, and with the itch, whereof thou canst not be healed.
    Deu 28:28 The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:

    Sickness, as you should be able to see now, IS part of the curse that the child of God has been redeemed from, through Christ our lord.
    RedTent likes this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,869
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
    Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
    Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
    Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
    Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
    Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
    The curse of the law is condemnation to eternal death for disobedience to any part of it Gal 3:10-11, 2:16).

    Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
    The blessing given to Abraham would be righteousness through faith in God's promise (Ge 15:6).

    The Gentiles receive the blessing of righteousness given to Abraham, through faith in Jesus Christ, the Promise (Ge 3:15), and through that faith receive the indwelling Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13; Ac 2:33, 38-39).

    Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.

    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from? So why do we get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?
    No, we are redeemed from the wrath of God on our sin at the final judgment.

    Jesus' miracles were signs (Jn 2:11, 23, 3:2, 4:54, 6:2, 14, 26, 30, 12:37, 20:30)
    which show the nature of gospel grace and salvation (Lk 7:22).

    Jesus drove out demons and healed the sick to show that he destroyed Satan's power, and healed the sickness of sin, in the corrupt sinful nature of those who believe in him.
    Last edited by Elin; November 23rd, 2013 at 02:00 PM.
    psychomom likes this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 22nd, 2013
    Age
    48
    Posts
    839
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    No one really answered my question, I think.
    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from?
    Is sickness one of the results of the curse of the law because of a child of God's sin(s)?
    So why do Christians get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?
    I think people get sick because sometimes they get out from the covering of God. Say a woman get VD because instead of being with her husband she falls and seeks another. She says she is Christian, and maybe she is, she just was tempted and fell into sin and now she has VD. Well, the wages of sin is death. Why did she get this disease, because she got out the covering of her Lord.

    I have been sick because of disobedience before and also hurt physically. I was complaining a lot and all of a sudden a branch smacked me right in the head. I knew immediately why.
    know1 likes this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    [QUOTE=overcomer2;1287292]I think people get sick because sometimes they get out from the covering of God. Say a woman get VD because instead of being with her husband she falls and seeks another. She says she is Christian, and maybe she is, she just was tempted and fell into sin and now she has VD. Well, the wages of sin is death. Why did she get this disease, because she got out the covering of her Lord.
    I think you hit the nail on the head young lady. This is the point I have been trying to drive at the whole time. Though it is so annoyingly obvious, many cannot see it. The obvious being that when we, as Christians sin, we move out from under the protective covering of God and as a result of the sin, as in your example, one may get a disease. And as you also pointed out, the wages of sin leads to death, but in most cases, suffering torments from the sin, such as VD, takes a while before death takes place, if it is a disease that leads to death.
    So one of the curses of the law mentioned in Deut. 28 takes affect in the life of not just the heathen, but even the Child of God.



    I have been sick because of disobedience before and also hurt physically. I was complaining a lot and all of a sudden a branch smacked me right in the head. I knew immediately why.
    The same has happened to me as well. I believe it is one way God corrects His children.
    overcomer2 likes this.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by Elin View Post
    The curse of the law is condemnation to eternal death for disobedience to any part of it Gal 3:10-11, 2:16).


    The blessing given to Abraham would be righteousness through faith in God's promise (Ge 15:6).

    The Gentiles receive the blessing of righteousness given to Abraham, through faith in Jesus Christ, the Promise (Ge 3:15), and through that faith receive the indwelling Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13; Ac 2:33, 38-39).


    No, we are redeemed from the wrath of God on our sin at the final judgment.

    Jesus' miracles were signs (Jn 2:11, 23, 3:2, 4:54, 6:2, 14, 26, 30, 12:37, 20:30)
    which show the nature of gospel grace and salvation (Lk 7:22).

    Jesus drove out demons and healed the sick to show that he destroyed Satan's power, and healed the sickness of sin, in the corrupt sinful nature of those who believe in him.

    Are we excluded from all wrath and correction from God, here on earth, in this life, when we get into sin? Are we walking in the Spirit or in faith during the act of that sin? If we temporarily get off in sin, are we still protected from the curses of the law? If you say, 'yes', then I ask what the purpose for repenting and confessing your sin is for? If you are someone that believes in OSAS, as I believe you are, then repenting and confessing has no bearing on your salvation if you are already saved. Therefore, it is for the purpose of removing one's self from the curse of the law that took affect in the person's life that sinned, into the blessings of God.
    Read Deut 28. In there you will find some of both the blessings and curses that have nothing to do with where one goes after they die, but has everything to do with what happens to the person in the here and now.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2013
    Age
    66
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
    Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
    Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
    Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
    Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
    Gal 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
    Gal 3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
    Gal 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
    Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

    Mat 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.


    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from? So why do we get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?
    What are the blessings of Abraham that might come on the gentiles?
    Jews were under the law.
    Gentiles come to Christ to obtain GOD's graciousness just like the Israelites.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by wordsponge View Post
    Jews were under the law.
    Gentiles come to Christ to obtain GOD's graciousness just like the Israelites.
    And just like the Israelites, if a child of God gets off into sin they will be put under a curse from God until they repent.
    Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    4,869
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Are we excluded from all wrath and correction from God, here on earth, in this life, when we get into sin?
    Those in Christ are excluded from all wrath of God anywhere (Ro 5:9; 1Th 5:9),
    but they are not excluded from all God's discipline (correction) of his sons (Heb 12:6).


    Are we walking in the Spirit or in faith during the act of that sin?
    Although the Holy Spirit indwells us, we may not always keep in step (Gal 5:25), or "walk" with him.
    See Gal 5:16-26 for what not keeping in step (walking) with the Spirit means
    .

    If we temporarily get off in sin, are we still protected from the curses of the law?
    In the NT, the curse of the law is God's wrath on sin (Ro 4:15, 5:9), which is eternal death.
    (Ro 7:10-11)

    Christ redeemed those who believe in him from that curse (Gal 3:13).
    The redeemed are no longer subject to the curse of the law; i.e., eternal death.

    If you say, 'yes', then I ask what the purpose for repenting and confessing your sin is for? If you are someone that believes in OSAS, as I believe you are, then repenting and confessing has no bearing on your salvation if you are already saved.
    But repenting and confessing have a lot of bearing on my fellowship with God because of grieving his Holy Spirit (Eph 4:30),
    and likewise invites the Lord's discipline of me as a son (Heb 12:4-11; Dt 8:5).

    Don't know 'bout you, but the Lord's discipline is reason enough for me to repent of my sin!


    Therefore, it is for the purpose of removing one's self from the curse of the law that took affect in the person's life that sinned, into the blessings of God.
    Read Deut 28. In there you will find some of both the blessings and curses that have nothing to do with where one goes after they die, but has everything to do with what happens to the person in the here and now.
    Dt 28 is the OT Sinaitic (old) covenant, which the revelation spoken by the Son in these last
    days (Heb 1:1-2) states has been made obsolete (Heb 8:13).

    In the NT New Covenant, those who believe in Christ are redeemed from the curse of the law (Gal 3:13).

    So we have to decide whether we are going to believe the NT word of God, spoken by the
    Son (Heb 1:1-2) through the NT writers, regarding the curse of the law, or not.

    As for me and my house. . .
    Last edited by Elin; November 23rd, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
    Ariel82 and psychomom like this.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 27th, 2012
    Age
    52
    Posts
    900
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    [QUOTE=Elin;1287516]Those in Christ are excluded from all wrath of God anywhere (Ro 5:9; 1Th 5:9),
    but they are not excluded from all God's discipline (correction) of his sons (Heb 12:6).

    Mat 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
    Mat 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
    By wrath I mean punishment, such as the curses mentioned in the old testament. By curses in the OT, I mean those dealing with the natural world.


    Although the Holy Spirit indwells us, we may not always keep in step (Gal 5:25), or "walk" with him.
    See Gal 5:16-26 for what not keeping in step (walking) with the Spirit means
    .


    In the NT, the curse of the law is God's wrath on sin (Ro 4:15, 5:9), which is eternal death.
    (Ro 7:10-11)
    That is not the only thing the curse of the law covers.

    Christ redeemed those who believe in him from that curse (Gal 3:13).
    The redeemed are no longer subject to the curse of the law; i.e., eternal death.
    Yes, I believe we are redeemed from eternal death, but that is not the only thing the curse covers, as I have been stating from the beginning.
    Would you say that the works of the law are about the same law as the curse of the law? Let me put it a different way. Living or doing the ten commandments would fall under works of the law, am I right? And the curse of the law is a result of not doing or living by the same law of works. Blessings and curses by God were about what happened to the people while they were living, not after they were dead and buried.
    Also, as healing does not come on the child of God automatically, neither are we automatically redeemed from the curse of the law that takes hold of a child of God while they are living.

    But repenting and confessing have a lot of bearing on my fellowship with God because of grieving his Holy Spirit (Eph 4:30),
    and likewise invites the Lord's discipline of me as a son (Heb 12:4-11; Dt 8:5).
    That is true but repentance and confession also has a lot to do with healing and deliverance.

    Don't know 'bout you, but the Lord's discipline is reason enough for me to repent of my sin!

    Been there, done that, and no, I most certainly do not want to go there again.

    Dt 28 is the OT Sinaitic (old) covenant, which the revelation spoken by the Son in these last
    days (Heb 1:1-2) states has been made obsolete (Heb 8:13).

    In the NT New Covenant, those who believe in Christ are redeemed from the curse of the law (Gal 3:13).
    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
    Note that there is a condition to those who are not condemned. If one walks in the flesh and not after the Spirit, are they still free from the law of sin and death? Is there still no condemnation to them if they walk in the flesh?
    Could we add the word curse to verse two to read like this? For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the [curse of the] law of sin and death.
    And is this two separate laws that we have been made free from? One of sin, and one of eternal death. The Israelites were not condemned to eternal punishment if they sinned. God told them what to do in the law to make a way of escape. If they didn't repent but continued on their present course of destruction, then they would be subject to eternal punishment. Look at the life of David. He made many mistakes and was judged by God with curses that affected his natural life, not his eternal destiny. Though he sinned much, he is this day in heaven. There is more than one kind of curse in the law. It's not all about eternal separation from God.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,082
    Blog Entries
    29
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: What curses of the law are we redeemed from, and what blessings of Abraham are ou

    Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    Is sickness one of the curses we are redeemed from?
    no its not. Paul was sick. timothy had an ailment of the stomach and was told by Paul to have a little wine to help settle his stomach.


    So why do we get sick and get diseases if Jesus bore it on the cross for us?
    because Jesus bore our sins on the cross but our earthly bodies die and decay. When God gives us NEW bodies then we will not get sick or have diseases. However that day is not yet.

    What are the blessings of Abraham that might come on the gentiles?
    Eternal life and salvation for those who believe that Jesus bore their sins upon the cross and has redeemed them. that is the promise and blessing of Abraham that Gentiles too can have. SALVATION, a renewed fellowship with GOD.
    psychomom and Elin like this.
    No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."

    -- Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Curses of Genesis 3
    By Huckleberry in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 14th, 2013, 01:21 AM
  2. The Redeemed Woman
    By AgnusDei in forum Christian Poems & Poetry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 20th, 2013, 08:01 PM
  3. BigDaddy Weave :redeemed
    By seed_time_harvest in forum Christian Music Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 14th, 2012, 07:57 AM
  4. Fear Not.. for I have redeemed you..
    By Sarah_D in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 11th, 2011, 09:47 AM
  5. Redeemed and Grateful
    By Pappy79 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 6th, 2009, 06:04 AM