Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
Like Tree7Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?


    2Cor.8
    [5] And this they *of Macedonia* did not as we hoped,
    but firstly they gave themselves to the Lord *Jesus*
    and then unto us *Apostles* by the will of God(the Father)

    1Cor.6
    [16] What?
    Don’t you *correctly baptized and anointed Christians* know,
    that he who is joined to a harlot is *has become* one body?
    or two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
    [17] But he who is joined to the LORD *the Mighty God Jesus*

    is ONE Spirit *one similar Mind= a loving and good deeds person*

    Acts.11
    [22] Then tidings about these things,
    came to the ears of the church *the Apostles et al*,
    who were in Jerusalem
    and they sent forth Barnabas,
    so that he should go as far as Antioch.
    [23] When he *Barnabas* came,

    and had seen the grace of/ from God * the Father*,
    he was glad,
    and he exhorted all of them,
    that with purpose of hear
    they should
    cleave *in total faith* to the LORD (Jesus and then the Father).

    1Cor.12
    [13] For by ONE Spirit *the Spirit of God the Father*
    we are all baptized *gathered* into ONE body *likeminded flock*,
    whether we are (formerly) Jews or Gentiles,
    whether we are bond or free,
    and all of us have been made
    to *individually* drink into ONE Spirit.

    1Cor.2
    [16] For who has known the mind *the thinking*,
    of the LORD *the Father*,
    that he may instruct him?
    But we * Apostles and Christian brothers*
    have the mind *faith, love and good deeds*of Christ.

    Col.2
    [6] As you *the baptized, anointed Christians*
    have accepted *understood* Christ Jesus,
    the LORD *the Mighty God as a good deeds person*
    so walk in *imitate* him:
    [7] Rooted (implanted) and built up in him,

    and established in the faith *in BOTH*,
    like you have been taught, *by the Apostles*
    abounding *overflowing in faith in BOTH*
    therein with thanksgiving (to God our Father
    and our Lord Jesus Christ).
    [8] Beware lest any man spoils you *turns you*

    through philosophy *men’s’ assumptions*
    and vain deceit, *useless falsehood*
    after the tradition *the thinking* of men, *without the Spirit*
    after the rudiments of the world (of Israel)
    and not after *imitating* Christ *in faith, love and good deeds*

    Col.2
    [6] As you have received Christ Jesus the Lord,
    similarly imitate him *in love and good deeds*

    2Cor.3
    [18] But we all, with open face,
    beholding, as in a glass,
    the glory *goodness* of the Lord, *Jesus*
    are *supernaturally* changed into
    the same image *like Jesus* from glory to glory,
    even as by the Spirit of the Lord *the Father*


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2014
    Age
    65
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    The church is simply the many membered body of Christ. If you are a seed of Adam, after the flesh, you are one of the sheep. You were born a Christian. For Christ was the seed of God in the flesh and He came through Adam, which was a son of God.
    JaumeJ likes this.

  3. #3


    LT
    LT is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2013
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    there is one Church. If you are in Christ, you are in the Church.
    The Spirit draws the chosen to Christ.
    JaumeJ, crossnote, Tintin and 1 others like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    69
    Posts
    26,010
    Rep Power
    187

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Quote Originally Posted by ob77 View Post
    The church is simply the many membered body of Christ. If you are a seed of Adam, after the flesh, you are one of the sheep. You were born a Christian. For Christ was the seed of God in the flesh and He came through Adam, which was a son of God.
    so every one is a sheep, or did you mistype?

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Does God target Christ and you first or assemnly acceptance...first

  6. #6
    Senior Member posthuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2013
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,748
    Rep Power
    432

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
    And after faith comes ???

    What does your name mean?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    The right focus leads to the *right steps*

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    1Cor.1
    [9] God is faithful, by whom ye were
    called unto the fellowship
    of his Son Jesus Christ (not the Jews, not any Church) our Lord.

    Clear head nakes the next right decision on baptism...

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    there is one Church. If you are in Christ, you are in the Church.
    The Spirit draws the chosen to Christ.
    I feel that we are close inhevenly matters.

    BOTH bless you. Amen

  11. #11


    And
    And is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2014
    Age
    50
    Posts
    364
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    First of all
    Jesus said the cHURCHES are synagogues of satan to decieve you

    his church IS JESUS the word of God

    you may join the BIBLE and honor and adore it as the word of God anytime

    the other churches are synagogues of satan.

    Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
    Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.


    try reading the Bible instead of asking for false advice from men

    Jer 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Quote Originally Posted by And View Post
    First of all
    Jesus said the cHURCHES are synagogues of satan to decieve you

    his church IS JESUS the word of God

    you may join the BIBLE and honor and adore it as the word of God anytime

    the other churches are synagogues of satan.

    Rev 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
    Rev 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.


    try reading the Bible instead of asking for false advice from men

    Jer 17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.
    Great advice.
    I found Jesus, when I left Church.

    I had a manifestation.

    I try to help BUT people are not really sincere to God and Christ.

    They love their friends and their church.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20,303
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Quote Originally Posted by daughterforlight View Post
    And after faith comes ???

    What does your name mean?
    After faith comes obedience to Christ. Serving him and the people around us. Telling them about Christ and the hope found in him.
    posthuman likes this.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    After faith comes obedience to Christ. Serving him and the people around us. Telling them about Christ and the hope found in him.
    Ok .. BUT without the Spirit one is none of his.
    Being a sinner still means not a new creation..

    It took dedication and focus on the father and the son
    and they have come through for us.

    We want to share like you say BUT people have been prejuciced.
    Non indoctrinted are washed by the Word easier and faster...

    God will save whoever is worth saving...

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20,303
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Quote Originally Posted by daughterforlight View Post
    Ok .. BUT without the Spirit one is none of his.
    Being a sinner still means not a new creation..

    It took dedication and focus on the father and the son
    and they have come through for us.

    We want to share like you say BUT people have been prejuciced.
    Non indoctrinted are washed by the Word easier and faster...

    God will save whoever is worth saving...
    The Holy Spirit is necessary, yes but God saves those who call on Him and repent. We don't do anything to deserve Him and eternal life with Him eventually, on the New Heaven and the New Earth.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    The Holy Spirit is necessary, yes but God saves those who call on Him and repent. We don't do anything to deserve Him and eternal life with Him eventually, on the New Heaven and the New Earth.
    Stop at the Spirit.

    The word said that if you do not have the spirit: "you are none of his"

    But a pesron may become presumptuous and fall into more condemnation at the Judgment.

    We must be extremely respect with God, Christ, the Apostles and the Prophets.

    A gentile view and natural attitude to Israelite teachibns is wrong enough.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20,303
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    No. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God. One in three persons, blessed Trinity. If you have the Holy Spirit living in you, you have Life. The apostles and prophets were great men of God, but they were just human. We shouldn't put them on the same level as God.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2014
    Age
    63
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin View Post
    No. God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all God. One in three persons, blessed Trinity. If you have the Holy Spirit living in you, you have Life. The apostles and prophets were great men of God, but they were just human. We shouldn't put them on the same level as God.

    ***
    from your head....

    Eph.2
    [19] Now therefore ye *Gentiles*
    are no more strangers and foreigners,
    but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
    [20] And are built upon the foundation of
    the Apostles
    and Prophets
    ,
    Jesus Christ himself *personally comong from heaven and*
    being the chief corner stone;

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20,303
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    Well, yes. The writings of the apostles and the prophets are part of the Bible. Jesus' life and His teachings are also in there. Everything in the Bible either points towards Jesus coming to Earth (the OT), His time on Earth (the NT Gospels) and the time following His ascension and the work of the Holy Spirit and the Church. to the Second Coming of Jesus and His Body living with Him in the New Heaven and the New Earth (NT - Acts onwards). So, our faith should be built on God's Word - all of it. Our Triune God is at the top and the apostles and prophets are important but their God-given words form some of the foundation for our faith. The men themselves are fallible humans, just like you and I.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Osiyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 29th, 2014
    Age
    64
    Posts
    252
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Does God JOIN us to Jesus first or JOIN us to a Church first?

    @Tintin, right on the money brother
    Tintin likes this.
    In fact the Book of Revelations says, that when the 4 and twenty elders fall at the feet of Jesus, they have these golden bowls. And you know what’s in the bowls? This incense that is so fragrant to Christ, it’s the prayers of the saints. I mean what must prayer mean to God that He keeps it in bowls. Just imagine that when you or I kneel or stand or pray seated, and we really open our hearts to God. Somehow those things are kept. They are so precious to God.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Please Join My Church!
    By Ugly in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2014, 07:36 PM
  2. Join The Movement
    By PoxEclipse in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 4th, 2014, 03:33 PM
  3. Please join me in prayer
    By mystdancer50 in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2013, 10:34 PM
  4. Nice to join :)
    By LiaKris in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 26th, 2013, 12:43 AM
  5. Join others in Prayer for the Persecuted Church
    By Sarah_D in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 6th, 2012, 10:20 AM