Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 126
Like Tree61Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2014
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    I used to be scared all the time that no matter how much i repented id still go to hell....well I'm agnostic now.....i started to think logically if there is a God and I'm his child and he loves me more than my earthly parents, a love that is so deep it could fill infinite oceans.....than Howe could he let me go to hell? Now before you say well he gave you a choice, try to humor me for a minute. Yes in the Bible it does teach that more i won't go into the history and how hell was added as a way to does people, just think logically.....if anyone you loved did you wrong....didn't believe in you....and so on.....could you really let them burn in fire????? And if you answer no.....how can a God who has infinite love not stop that.....but a person of inferior love would...... ponder on that. I mean no disrespect, but why do we need hell when life is do hard

  2. #2
    Senior Member T_Laurich's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2013
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,166
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Because God is infinite Justice...

    Let's only talk logic... Is it just to let a crime go unpunished?

    Edit: let me heighten the sense for justice... Is it just to let a rappest away scotch free... Or let Hitler live after he killed so many...
    crossnote, Tintin and danalee like this.
    Christians are like manure, if you leave it all in one pile it stinks... But if you spread it out it makes things grow...

  3. #3
    Senior Member Spokenpassage's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2013
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,955
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    To sin against an infinitely holy God is worthy of an infinite punishment. If you committed a criminal offense to the US president, would the punishment equal to that by a random common individual? No, so what makes us think a sin against an infinitely holy and all powerful God is not worthy of an infinite punishment.'

    You must also understand that this is also the reason why Jesus came. So He may save those that are lost. Jesus gave Himself as an offering as a substitute in your place. That the wrath and perfect justice against us may fall on Him, and His perfect righteousness would be imputed on us. That's salvation.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2014
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Not loving someone you have no proof its not a crime, crimes should be punished and they do by the courts.....lack of faith isn't a crime

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    6,733
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    God is infinite love and long suffering towards us that no man might perish. However the world is wicked and the hearts of men have become corrupt. Jesus offers to lead to the waters of life, but one must make a choice whether they want the waters.

    As for agnosticism, lol a logical agnostic is somewhat an oxymoron seeing as agnostic means there is a possibility of everything but that you can never know anything. If you can know one thing is Truth, then all ready agnosticism has failed as a logic.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2014
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    But based on facts.... never met Jesus, thousands of years ago a small number of people did.....you can't say God had infinite love....that wouldn't change no matter what happened....in that sense his love is not infinite

  7. #7
    Senior Member T_Laurich's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2013
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,166
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Quote Originally Posted by laceylacey View Post
    Not loving someone you have no proof its not a crime, crimes should be punished and they do by the courts.....lack of faith isn't a crime
    okay but have you never lied or stole??? Basic simple crimes???

    If you don't believe God died for you, it's not accepting another crime... It's refusing that He is putting his hand down to help you up...
    Christians are like manure, if you leave it all in one pile it stinks... But if you spread it out it makes things grow...

  8. #8
    MidniteWelder
    Guest

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Quote Originally Posted by laceylacey View Post
    i started to think logically if there is a God and I'm his child and he loves me more than my earthly parents, a love that is so deep it could fill infinite oceans...
    Do you love the one who created you the same in every way to the point where you would get to know him and what he asks of you and would not want to go against what he expects of you?
    As in Luke 10:27
    "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind
    "

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    740
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Quote Originally Posted by Spokenpassage View Post
    To sin against an infinitely holy God is worthy of an infinite punishment. If you committed a criminal offense to the US president, would the punishment equal to that by a random common individual? No, so what makes us think a sin against an infinitely holy and all powerful God is not worthy of an infinite punishment.'

    You must also understand that this is also the reason why Jesus came. So He may save those that are lost. Jesus gave Himself as an offering as a substitute in your place. That the wrath and perfect justice against us may fall on Him, and His perfect righteousness would be imputed on us. That's salvation.
    Well said Spoken!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2014
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Based on what I've read of Jesus he wouldn't be laughing at me being agnostic, he would show me kindness and understanding if hr was here and I've never met a Christian that could do that without trying to look down on me.....just like you have done.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2014
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    So if i don't accept his help....i burn eternally.....that's not love, when you love someone you understand that maybe they can be wrong our right....but your love never changes....and if a God can't do that, that wouldn't be any kind of God id want to know

  12. #12
    Senior Member BenFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2012
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,774
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    150

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    You see, your error was that you got introduced to a religion(of rules and regulations leading to condemnation) instead of being introduced to Jesus Christ and His grace. In other words, the Gospel or "Good news." You were taught incorrectly, and legalistically in such a way that they put emphasis on what you did (repentance) instead of what Christ has done (His sacrifice and resurrection). You were fed a false gospel, that left you hungry spiritually, and if you'd like to get your grub on, heres the truth.

    Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and it is only through Him that you will be reconciled to the Father. Indeed there is a hell, but it wasn't created for man but the devil and his fellow fallen angels. It just so happens as history played out, sin came into the picture and separated man from God. So, humanity is already condemned, and when you preach Christ, it isn't an ultimatum of "Repent or perish" but that you're perishing so repent. Change your mind! Believe in Christ so that you may not perish. It isn't a threat, but a life line!

    People put so much emphasis on repentance, and don't realize that Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. It is by no means a merit or work of our own, including repentance. I can show you biblically that your sins, past, present and future are taken away in Christ, completely forgiven. It is through grace and not law, that sin shall not have dominion over you Lacey. The very idea that you repented showed your heart in the matter, and let me tell you, there is victory in Christ. You need not think it a struggle, Christ came just for you. He said His yoke is easy and light, it is religion and legalists who would put a weight on you so heavy it would take you to hell. Christ came for you to be reconciled to the Father because God loves you.

    I believe you, that you are happier now. No doubt, that is what happens when condemnation is taken out of the picture. But, instead of rejecting Christ, let me point you to a verse in His Word. "There is therefore now no condemnation for those that are in Christ." (Romans 8:1) Realize that all along, Jesus didnt condemn you. He didnt come to condemn the world but save it. He still loves you Lacey, and as the story of the prodigal son, he is waiting with open arms for your return if indeed you departed.
    Grandpa, Hungry, CWJ and 1 others like this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    740
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Quote Originally Posted by laceylacey View Post
    Not loving someone you have no proof its not a crime, crimes should be punished and they do by the courts.....lack of faith isn't a crime
    People are not sent to hell for simple lack of faith, they are sent because people are inherintly sinful. We sin all the time, we lie, cheat, steal. We harbor hatred and bitterness, malice and wickedness. It is faith in Christ that saves us from our sins.

    if you believe that people are sent to hell simply for lack of faith, then I assume you think people are essentially good. "There is no one righteous, not even one" (Rom 3:10). Our only righteousness comes through Christ.
    doseofreality and danalee like this.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2014
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Ben, thank you for trading the time to write that, thank you, thank you
    Markum1972 likes this.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2014
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Jda so what are people are sent to hell for?

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    740
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Quote Originally Posted by laceylacey View Post
    Based on what I've read of Jesus he wouldn't be laughing at me being agnostic, he would show me kindness and understanding if hr was here and I've never met a Christian that could do that without trying to look down on me.....just like you have done.
    You are right. Jesus would be loving and kind and he would show you such great grace that you would fall into his arms and accept his gift of salvation.

    Trust Him. Believe that he loves you ever so much, because he does.

    When I met Jesus I knew I loved Him. He died for me. He died for my sins and all the awful things I had done. He washed me and made me as white as snow. He cleansed me and purified me. I could not help but love Him for all that he had done. Look to the cross. Do not let doubt creep its way toward you. There comes a time where you must trust that God is good, in all that he does, even if it doesn't make sense sometimes. Keep your eyes on the cross.
    penknight and danalee like this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    740
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Quote Originally Posted by laceylacey View Post
    Jda so what are people are sent to hell for?
    Sin. Like I said, lieing, stealing, cheating, hatred in our hearts. Our very Sin nature that we received from Adam and Eve condemns us. We don't have to look far to k ow that even children of two know how to inherently lie, steal, hit, and cheat.

    This may help.

    John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

    18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 19 And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 20 For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. 21 But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God.”

    The world is already condemned, because it hates the light and loves wickedness.
    danalee likes this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2013
    Age
    34
    Posts
    20,303
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Quote Originally Posted by laceylacey View Post
    Not loving someone you have no proof its not a crime, crimes should be punished and they do by the courts.....lack of faith isn't a crime
    Are you for real? We get our law system (when it's just and pursues truth) from the Judeo/Christian religion. You can't even argue for right and wrong without borrowing from the Judeo/Christian faith. Society makes the rules is not the answer. The world goes to hell in a hand-basket when truth becomes relative and people are allowed to do whatever the heck they want.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2014
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Tintin.......you don't need a God to know right from wrong

  20. #20
    Senior Member Timeline's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2014
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,826
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: why i don't believe in hell and I've never been happier

    Quote Originally Posted by laceylacey View Post
    Tintin.......you don't need a God to know right from wrong
    Without God, there would not be "right and wrong". Without God, there just would not be!
    penknight likes this.
    THE WAYS OF GOD are not effected by the opinions of men.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. POLL Married folks: Are (were) you happier married than when you were single??
    By zeroturbulence in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: September 19th, 2013, 12:59 AM
  2. Pastor Reg Kelly: Hell of Hell (Revelation 20)
    By ChosenbyHim in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2012, 01:43 AM
  3. I would be happier today if __________ (fill in the blank)
    By zeroturbulence in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: September 13th, 2011, 04:37 AM
  4. What do you believe 'hell' actually is?
    By LaylieCalmMind in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 169
    Last Post: August 5th, 2011, 07:16 PM
  5. About Hell
    By CampingGuy in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: March 30th, 2011, 04:31 AM