Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65
Like Tree42Likes

Bible Discussion Forum

Ask (or answer) Bible questions here. Join or start a Bible discussion now!

Thread: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

  1. #1
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Default God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    You know it seems like a normal thing for so called Christians to say is....

    God does not seem to listen to me or answer my prayers and I just don't know why.

    God promises and or states the following...

    I will never leave the nor forsake thee!
    God's eyes and ears are open unto his children
    Ask and believing ye shall receive
    The fervent prayers of a RIGHTEOUS MAN brings much to pass!

    If God does not seem to be listening to you then one of the listed two or three are the only possible problems that are in your lives...

    1. You are not saved
    2. You are not righteous in your life
    3. You ask amiss because of lust
    4. You ask outside the will of God
    5. The answer is NO

    So.....if God does not seem to listen to you then examine your lives and correct the problems and or accept NO and move on while thanking God for his will in your life!

  2. #2


    CEF
    CEF is offline
    Senior Member CEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2014
    Age
    20
    Posts
    397
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    I'm having this problem in my life have wondered why God hasn't been answering my prayers. You say its simply because my life with Christ isn't right. What do you mean by asking Him something that's out if His will? Nothing is out of His will I thought.

    If God had a refrigator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, Hell listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart. What about the Christmas gift He sends you in Bethlehem, not to mention that Friday at Calvary? Face it, friend. He's crazy about you.

  3. #3
    Senior Member posthuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2013
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,266
    Rep Power
    171

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law,
    even his prayer shall be abomination.
    (Proverbs 28:9)

    i think sometimes we are guilty of trying to interrupt and talk over the voice of the Spirit.
    prayer is a conversation - if we don't listen to what the Lord says to our hearts in return,
    is it any surprise that He doesn't act to answer our requests?

    ( i don't post that verse to say "we must follow the law of Moses" -- but we do have the law of Love and Grace. if we are not walking in the light, or seeking to walk in the light - it is as though we were under law, and not obeying it, or ignoring it uncaringly.)
    dcontroversal likes this.

  4. #4


    CEF
    CEF is offline
    Senior Member CEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2014
    Age
    20
    Posts
    397
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    How do you hear Gods voice how do you know He is speaking to you?

    If God had a refrigator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, Hell listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart. What about the Christmas gift He sends you in Bethlehem, not to mention that Friday at Calvary? Face it, friend. He's crazy about you.

  5. #5
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    68
    Posts
    25,790
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    ...6. Wait.
    posthuman and dcontroversal like this.

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  6. #6
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,701
    Rep Power
    82

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by CEF View Post
    I'm having this problem in my life have wondered why God hasn't been answering my prayers. You say its simply because my life with Christ isn't right. What do you mean by asking Him something that's out if His will? Nothing is out of His will I thought.
    1. The title of the thread is "maybe" get right... as in... maybe you need to get right.
    Maybe you don't need to get right.
    It's just a suggestion, a thing to consider.

    2. Many things are out of the will of God.
    Read your bible, and make a note every time God says not to do something.
    See?

    3. God may already be answering your prayers, but just not answering your prayers the way you like.
    God may hear your prayer, and give you the answer of, "No."
    That's still an answer.
    God is God, not us... He decides what gets answered with a yes.
    Just like the rest of us, you will not always understand His will, or understand why He answers some prayers the way He does.
    Last edited by maxwel; June 2nd, 2014 at 08:16 PM.
    Angela53510, Nancyer and p_rehbein like this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Dan58's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2013
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,483
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    4. You ask outside the will of God
    5. The answer is NO
    In my experience, the two reasons above are why people think prayers aren't answered. When I hear what people are praying for, its no wonder they seldom get answers. And sometimes God answers, but we aren't listening.
    Angela53510 and dcontroversal like this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2013
    Age
    73
    Posts
    2,705
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    There is only one sure way of hearing God speak to us. The Bible is the word of God. We should never expect to ever hear an audible voice from God. When ever I open the Bible God speaks to my soul. The whole Bible is for me to learn about God and of His requirements of me. God has given us all we need for life and godliness in His word. We are sooo blessed by God in the USA and many other countries of the world with a good Christian work ethics that we are rich beyond compare; But, we are losing more and more of moral values. One reason is the perversion of saying we are not "under the law", sooo professed converts live an evil life style. The church is dying from within. Love to all. Hoffco

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2013
    Age
    73
    Posts
    2,705
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    How does God lead us? !. By His infallible Word, the Bible. 2. In the multitude of many advisers. 3. By the situations of life, judged by wise understanding. 4. By prayerfully asking God for guidance based on good understanding of God's word, we can trust our feelings. If our feeling is based on the words of God ,it is right, If we can not back up our feelings with the Word of then it is sinful. We must always be educating our conscience with the WORD of God, the BIBLE. The Bible has laws and godly principles for us to live by. Love to all, Hoffco

  10. #10
    Senior Member p_rehbein's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2013
    Age
    66
    Posts
    20,615
    Blog Entries
    40
    Rep Power
    164

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by CEF View Post
    I'm having this problem in my life have wondered why God hasn't been answering my prayers. You say its simply because my life with Christ isn't right. What do you mean by asking Him something that's out if His will? Nothing is out of His will I thought.
    One IMPORTANT OPTION was left out of the options provided........

    God's TIME is not OUR TIME............just because we didn't get the answer when WE wanted it does not mean He said No......

    It's like the old saying.............. Please Lord give me patience..............and I want IT NOW!

    Nancyer, Tintin, maxwel and 1 others like this.
    Hebrews 13:5 .) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    6 .) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

  11. #11
    Senior Member p_rehbein's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2013
    Age
    66
    Posts
    20,615
    Blog Entries
    40
    Rep Power
    164

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan58 View Post
    In my experience, the two reasons above are why people think prayers aren't answered. When I hear what people are praying for, its no wonder they seldom get answers. And sometimes God answers, but we aren't listening.
    .....uh, so, are you saying that Mercedes Benz I ordered is OUT?............aw geeezzzzeeee
    maxwel and dcontroversal like this.
    Hebrews 13:5 .) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
    6 .) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

  12. #12
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by CEF View Post
    I'm having this problem in my life have wondered why God hasn't been answering my prayers. You say its simply because my life with Christ isn't right. What do you mean by asking Him something that's out if His will? Nothing is out of His will I thought.
    Numerous scriptures teach that we can ask amiss due to lust or selfishness.....like a prayer I recently prayed makes the point....

    I fertilized my food plots and got on my face and asked God to cause it to rain so as to not burn up the food plots and I qualified it by saying if it is within your will.

    After I prayed I contemplated my prayer and the following thoughts came up..

    1. If it rains, it was God's will for it to rain.
    2. If it doesn't rain it was God's will that it did not rain.
    3. Who's will am I really concerned with and
    4. If I get upset because it did not or does not rain then I am upset with God's will which makes me wrong.

    We all can and do sometimes pray for things without realizing that our prayers are contrary to the word of God and what we are asking for is not within the ranks of the will of God.
    NarrowRoadDisciple likes this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by p_rehbein View Post
    One IMPORTANT OPTION was left out of the options provided........

    God's TIME is not OUR TIME............just because we didn't get the answer when WE wanted it does not mean He said No......

    It's like the old saying.............. Please Lord give me patience..............and I want IT NOW!

    I agree with this as well.....oh well I missed one or two in the list haha!

  14. #14
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan58 View Post
    In my experience, the two reasons above are why people think prayers aren't answered. When I hear what people are praying for, its no wonder they seldom get answers. And sometimes God answers, but we aren't listening.
    Or he gives us what we want and we find out that it is not all that and a bag of chips when we get it!

  15. #15
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    1. The title of the thread is "maybe" get right... as in... maybe you need to get right.
    Maybe you don't need to get right.
    It's just a suggestion, a thing to consider.

    2. Many things are out of the will of God.
    Read your bible, and make a note every time God says not to do something.
    See?

    3. God may already be answering your prayers, but just not answering your prayers the way you like.
    God may hear your prayer, and give you the answer of, "No."
    That's still an answer.
    God is God, not us... He decides what gets answered with a yes.
    Just like the rest of us, you will not always understand His will, or understand why He answers some prayers the way He does.
    Well Maxwell the old green one eyed dude that is why I used the word maybe, because some of the listed answers are not due necessarily to being wrong as NO which I listed is a valid answer to people who are right as well as those who are wrong!

  16. #16
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    ...6. Wait.
    That's good too.....and I agree!

  17. #17
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by CEF View Post
    How do you hear Gods voice how do you know He is speaking to you?
    By the word of God, conviction and peace of mind when a biblical decision is reached!

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    June 3rd, 2014
    Age
    48
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by dcontroversal View Post
    You know it seems like a normal thing for so called Christians to say is....

    God does not seem to listen to me or answer my prayers and I just don't know why.

    God promises and or states the following...

    I will never leave the nor forsake thee!
    God's eyes and ears are open unto his children
    Ask and believing ye shall receive
    The fervent prayers of a RIGHTEOUS MAN brings much to pass!

    If God does not seem to be listening to you then one of the listed two or three are the only possible problems that are in your lives...

    1. You are not saved
    2. You are not righteous in your life
    3. You ask amiss because of lust
    4. You ask outside the will of God
    5. The answer is NO

    So.....if God does not seem to listen to you then examine your lives and correct the problems and or accept NO and move on while thanking God for his will in your life!
    Prayer is not a techinical issue like how to fix your internet connection.


    God does not appear to be listening because god does not generally speak.

  19. #19
    Senior Member dcontroversal's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2013
    Age
    50
    Posts
    18,050
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    105

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjwho2 View Post
    Prayer is not a techinical issue like how to fix your internet connection.


    God does not appear to be listening because god does not generally speak.
    Ignorance is not a bad word as it means you just don't know.....Both of your statements are contrary to the truth so if you claim Christ I suggest you turn off the T.V. and study the inspired word of God which speaks clearly and loudly to all who will listen!

  20. #20


    CEF
    CEF is offline
    Senior Member CEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2014
    Age
    20
    Posts
    397
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: God Does Not Seem to Be Listening...Well Maybe Get Right!

    Maybe its me but I'm failing to understand why prayer is so important, He knows everything about us why do we need to tell Him if He already knows. Along side that He speaks through us with His Word how many ways does He want to communicate with us?

    If God had a refrigator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, Hell listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart. What about the Christmas gift He sends you in Bethlehem, not to mention that Friday at Calvary? Face it, friend. He's crazy about you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What Are You Listening To? ♫
    By imTastik in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 424
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2015, 04:02 PM
  2. are we listening
    By homwardbound in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 25th, 2014, 06:10 PM
  3. Not sure if God is listening
    By Hurtingone in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 27th, 2013, 08:05 PM
  4. Listening to others
    By jonathanbchristian in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 12th, 2011, 05:58 PM
  5. Are You Listening??
    By JesusDaughter146 in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 6th, 2011, 03:56 AM