John 12:31Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out. 32And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”
Where I diverge with Calvinistic thought is irresistible grace. I believe all are drawn to Him, but not all choose Him. Even though it is His desire that all be saved.
1 Tim 2:4 Who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Salvation is available to all men:
God is powerful and caring as the following verses show.
Proverbs 3:6 (NASB)
"In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."
Philippians 4:6 (NASB)
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."
I attend an Evangelical Free Church of America congregation.
I affirm the standard doctrines of evangelical Christianity which include:
1) the full deity of Jesus Christ
2) monotheism (there is only one God)
3) the doctrine of the Trinity or Triune nature of God
4) justification by faith alone
5) authority and inspiration of Scripture
6) substitutionary atonement of Jesus Christ on the cross
7) original sin
8) virgin birth
Updated 3 Weeks Ago at 10:13 AM by RestingInJesus