View RSS Feed

TemporaryCircumstances

Death and Sickness

Rate this Entry
by , July 2nd, 2016 at 09:52 PM (788 Views)
So, I recently replied to a forum that got me thinking.
When you pray for someone sick or near death and they become healed many say "Our prayers have been answered!"
But no one seems to think that prayers are answered if they pass or do not become healed.
It is very hard to deal with when a person passes, or does not become healed. When my friend Zar died from cancer I questioned God almost every day "Why would you let her die? She was only 12. She had so much more to live for. Why would you kill off such a sweet girl?" It took me a while to realize that the prayers I prayed for her were answered even if her sickness had not been taken away. God answered my prayers in the best way not "my way".

Please comment! I would love to hear other views on this!!!!!
oyster67 likes this.

Submit "Death and Sickness" to Digg Submit "Death and Sickness" to del.icio.us Submit "Death and Sickness" to StumbleUpon Submit "Death and Sickness" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. Ugly's Avatar
    If you are praying for someone to be healed that typically means you are praying for whatever is making them sick to go away and that they are healthier and 'back to normal'. If you pray that, and the person dies, then the prayer you prayed is Not answered because the thing you were seeking to happen, the opposite happened.
    If you say that you pray God's will into the situation, yet are expecting that to mean healing, and they die instead, Then you could say the prayer was answered.
  2. TemporaryCircumstances's Avatar
    Thank you for your comment
  3. TemporaryCircumstances's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly
    If you are praying for someone to be healed that typically means you are praying for whatever is making them sick to go away and that they are healthier and 'back to normal'. If you pray that, and the person dies, then the prayer you prayed is Not answered because the thing you were seeking to happen, the opposite happened.
    If you say that you pray God's will into the situation, yet are expecting that to mean healing, and they die instead, Then you could say the prayer was answered.



    So, I would like to respond to what you said Ugly. Please be calm and know that I am not trying to start an argument. If I end up saying something offensive for anything like that please do let me know*. I would like to have a TALK not an ARGUMENT.

    So, In my point of view an answer is an answer even if it's no. If you pray for someone to be healed and God says "No" that is still an answer, perhaps not the one you were looking for but an answer nonetheless.*

    Thoughts?*
  4. RodB65's Avatar
    Hi TemporaryCircumstances, I want to think about this for a while and get back to you. I see that you are 14 years old. I have a 14 year old daughter and I'm wondering if she is thinking anything this deep...
  5. TemporaryCircumstances's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RodB65
    Hi TemporaryCircumstances, I want to think about this for a while and get back to you. I see that you are 14 years old. I have a 14 year old daughter and I'm wondering if she is thinking anything this deep...



    I can't wait to hear from you!!!!!
  6. Pemican's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TemporaryCircumstances
    So, In my point of view an answer is an answer even if it's no. If you pray for someone to be healed and God says "No" that is still an answer, perhaps not the one you were looking for but an answer nonetheless.*
    I agree that "No" is one possible answer to prayer. I think you have to come to the point of understanding the rights of God as creator to do what He wills with His own creation. I too had a childhood friend that died when he was about 12 years old. He was an enthusiastic christian, who loved the Lord. He came from a christian home and had an older sister who was a missionary. It was a shock, and at the time I was not a believer, just a church goer, which is where I met him.

    A few verses concerning God's rights:

    Isa 29:16 You turn things around! Shall the potter be considered as equal with the clay, That what is made would say to its maker, "He did not make me"; Or what is formed say to him who formed it, "He has no understanding"?

    Isa 45:9 "Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker-- An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth! Will the clay say to the potter, 'What are you doing?' Or the thing you are making say, 'He has no hands'?

    Jer 18:3-7 Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something on the wheel. But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make. Then the word of the LORD came to me saying, "Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel. "At one moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to uproot, to pull down, or to destroy it;
  7. TemporaryCircumstances's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pemican
    I agree that "No" is one possible answer to prayer. I think you have to come to the point of understanding the rights of God as creator to do what He wills with His own creation. I too had a childhood friend that died when he was about 12 years old. He was an enthusiastic christian, who loved the Lord. He came from a christian home and had an older sister who was a missionary. It was a shock, and at the time I was not a believer, just a church goer, which is where I met him.

    A few verses concerning God's rights:

    Isa 29:16 You turn things around! Shall the potter be considered as equal with the clay, That what is made would say to its maker, "He did not make me"; Or what is formed say to him who formed it, "He has no understanding"?

    Isa 45:9 "Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker-- An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth! Will the clay say to the potter, 'What are you doing?' Or the thing you are making say, 'He has no hands'?

    Jer 18:3-7 Then I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, making something on the wheel. But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make. Then the word of the LORD came to me saying, "Can I not, O house of Israel, deal with you as this potter does?" declares the LORD. "Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel. "At one moment I might speak concerning a nation or concerning a kingdom to uproot, to pull down, or to destroy it;


    Thank you very much for your reply!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Pemican's Avatar
    I might add that God's plans and purposes go way beyond anything we can fathom. He has a plan for each and every person who believes in Christ. He has a plan for each unbeliever as well, that they would change their mind about Christ. He has plans for nations, and plans for different ages of time. God plans and purposes are always accomplished no matter what crazy things we think, or bad decisions we make. The way I like to think of it is that God's will is accomplished, over under around or through, the free will decisions of every created being in the universe, and in spite of circumstances, causes, or conditions. I think most of us limit God way too much. I'm sure glad I'm on the winning side.
  9. RodB65's Avatar
    Isaiah 57:1 NLT - Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time. But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come.

    I don't know if the verse helps or answers any questions. I know I've seen unbelievers get better after prayer and believers stay sick or even pass away. I struggled with that for years because I thought if I or others prayed for someone to get healed, then they should get healed, period !!!... But it doesn't always work that way.

    Maybe after dinner, I can add more to this.

    For some reason, this appeared at the bottom instead of under my original comment.
    Updated July 3rd, 2016 at 07:05 PM by RodB65 (Misspelled words...)
  10. TemporaryCircumstances's Avatar
    I would love to read any more you have to add!!! Thank you for your response!
  11. RodB65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TemporaryCircumstances
    I would love to read any more you have to add!!! Thank you for your response!
    Right now, I can't think of anything else to add. I do hope my answers have helped.
  12. TemporaryCircumstances's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RodB65
    Right now, I can't think of anything else to add. I do hope my answers have helped.


    They did in fact help thank you very much for your answers
    RodB65 likes this.
  13. oyster67's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly
    If you are praying for someone to be healed that typically means you are praying for whatever is making them sick to go away and that they are healthier and 'back to normal'. If you pray that, and the person dies, then the prayer you prayed is Not answered because the thing you were seeking to happen, the opposite happened.
    If you say that you pray God's will into the situation, yet are expecting that to mean healing, and they die instead, Then you could say the prayer was answered.
    If the one you are praying for is in Christ, then there is no greater healing than the one called 'glorification'. This greatest of all healings can only come after our loved one has crossed over the river.
  14. Socreta93's Avatar
    Was your friend a believer? If she was then she is with the Lord.