View Poll Results: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Being gay is a choice

    56 88.89%
  • True gays are born this way

    7 11.11%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 479
Like Tree917Likes

Christian Family Forum

Discuss family topics/issues, and give and receive encouragement here.

Thread: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

  1. #101
    Senior Member Amazing-Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2016
    Age
    57
    Posts
    347
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by sondra333 View Post
    Hello brothers, and sisters,
    I wanted to share that i have been in a 21 year realationship with a woman, and i am perfectly happy except when i read Romans or Leviticus and so forth. It is only then that I wonder if I am wrong and struggle because i love God, and the Lord Jesus very much, and i don't want to be a disappointment to them. So i look to scripture where Eve was created from what God took from Adam, (rib) which tells me that Adam had the potential to be the man he was created to be or the woman that was created from him, and vice versa. For they will become one flesh. Considering that the intersex have not full set of gentialia, but partial of both sexes seems to back up my theory. And the intersex is more common than i originally thought 1 out of every 2000 births. Also the go forth be fruitful and multiply i don't believe was meant for all of mankind for God gave this blessing to many, Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham...so on and so forth. If it was meant for all of mankind why would He have to repeat Hisself? And there is a popular belief that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality, and yet read the story and it is not mentioned once, it is in other parts of the bible...my point though is if Lot's daughters had been accepted by the men it would have been rape, same is to be said if Lot had given over the two angels disguised as men.
    What gives me hope is this...The lord Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. He didn't call me an abomination, or of a depraved, and reprobate mind. He couldn't get the Jews to understand about divorce being wrong, God gave marriage as a blessing for if once again it was not a blessing but a rule then why did Jesus state that after the reserruction we will not be given in marriage? Does it make sense that God pre-ordained marriage for this moment in time, to what then change His mind for the eternity? God doesn't change His mind therefore this leads me to believe that it was a blessing. Also Jesus spoke of us being eunnachs...for some are born of women, made of by man, and for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He told the disciples that not all men can accept this saying BUT if they could then they should be eunnachs. Also how can ALL scripture be God-breathed when it is appointed for man to die ONCE and then judgement....what of Lazarus who died twice, and those that rose from the graves when Jesus died, or many including myself who has died and been brought back? For if you believe within yourselves that those that rose from the graves ascended to heaven and those who have been brought back were just near death experiences, it still does not explain Lazarus for just one example is one to many when ALL scripture is supposed to be God breathed. thank you for your time and consideration brothers and sisters.
    You are willing to base your salvation on something Jesus didn't say? What about God the father, are you calling Him a liar?












    “Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion.” - Isaac Newton

  2. #102
    Senior Member PrynceNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2016
    Age
    28
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by sondra333 View Post
    Hello brothers, and sisters, I wanted to share that i have been in a 21 year realationship with a woman, and i am perfectly happy except when i read Romans or Leviticus and so forth. It is only then that I wonder if I am wrong and struggle because i love God, and the Lord Jesus very much, and i don't want to be a disappointment to them. So i look to scripture where Eve was created from what God took from Adam, (rib) which tells me that Adam had the potential to be the man he was created to be or the woman that was created from him, and vice versa. For they will become one flesh. Considering that the intersex have not full set of gentialia, but partial of both sexes seems to back up my theory. And the intersex is more common than i originally thought 1 out of every 2000 births. Also the go forth be fruitful and multiply i don't believe was meant for all of mankind for God gave this blessing to many, Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham...so on and so forth. If it was meant for all of mankind why would He have to repeat Hisself? And there is a popular belief that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality, and yet read the story and it is not mentioned once, it is in other parts of the bible...my point though is if Lot's daughters had been accepted by the men it would have been rape, same is to be said if Lot had given over the two angels disguised as men. What gives me hope is this...The lord Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. He didn't call me an abomination, or of a depraved, and reprobate mind. He couldn't get the Jews to understand about divorce being wrong, God gave marriage as a blessing for if once again it was not a blessing but a rule then why did Jesus state that after the reserruction we will not be given in marriage? Does it make sense that God pre-ordained marriage for this moment in time, to what then change His mind for the eternity? God doesn't change His mind therefore this leads me to believe that it was a blessing. Also Jesus spoke of us being eunnachs...for some are born of women, made of by man, and for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He told the disciples that not all men can accept this saying BUT if they could then they should be eunnachs. Also how can ALL scripture be God-breathed when it is appointed for man to die ONCE and then judgement....what of Lazarus who died twice, and those that rose from the graves when Jesus died, or many including myself who has died and been brought back? For if you believe within yourselves that those that rose from the graves ascended to heaven and those who have been brought back were just near death experiences, it still does not explain Lazarus for just one example is one to many when ALL scripture is supposed to be God breathed. thank you for your time and consideration brothers and sisters.
    Yes God does love you however God doesn't bless homosexual marriages. He only blesses marriage between a man & a woman. The scriptures says homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God. God wants homosexuals to repent & turn from that lifestyle. He desires for no one to perish
    Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Acts 3:19 - Repent therefore and turn to God, so that your sins may be blotted out, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.
    Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

  3. #103
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    71
    Posts
    16,310
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Hi, Sondra. I'm glad you found your way here.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  4. #104
    Member sondra333's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2010
    Age
    44
    Posts
    45
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?


    Originally Posted by sondra333
    Hello brothers, and sisters,
    I wanted to share that i have been in a 21 year realationship with a woman, and i am perfectly happy except when i read Romans or Leviticus and so forth. It is only then that I wonder if I am wrong and struggle because i love God, and the Lord Jesus very much, and i don't want to be a disappointment to them. So i look to scripture where Eve was created from what God took from Adam, (rib) which tells me that Adam had the potential to be the man he was created to be or the woman that was created from him, and vice versa. For they will become one flesh. Considering that the intersex have not full set of gentialia, but partial of both sexes seems to back up my theory. And the intersex is more common than i originally thought 1 out of every 2000 births. Also the go forth be fruitful and multiply i don't believe was meant for all of mankind for God gave this blessing to many, Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham...so on and so forth. If it was meant for all of mankind why would He have to repeat Hisself? And there is a popular belief that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality, and yet read the story and it is not mentioned once, it is in other parts of the bible...my point though is if Lot's daughters had been accepted by the men it would have been rape, same is to be said if Lot had given over the two angels disguised as men.
    What gives me hope is this...The lord Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. He didn't call me an abomination, or of a depraved, and reprobate mind. He couldn't get the Jews to understand about divorce being wrong, God gave marriage as a blessing for if once again it was not a blessing but a rule then why did Jesus state that after the reserruction we will not be given in marriage? Does it make sense that God pre-ordained marriage for this moment in time, to what then change His mind for the eternity? God doesn't change His mind therefore this leads me to believe that it was a blessing. Also Jesus spoke of us being eunnachs...for some are born of women, made of by man, and for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He told the disciples that not all men can accept this saying BUT if they could then they should be eunnachs. Also how can ALL scripture be God-breathed when it is appointed for man to die ONCE and then judgement....what of Lazarus who died twice, and those that rose from the graves when Jesus died, or many including myself who has died and been brought back? For if you believe within yourselves that those that rose from the graves ascended to heaven and those who have been brought back were just near death experiences, it still does not explain Lazarus for just one example is one to many when ALL scripture is supposed to be God breathed. thank you for your time and consideration brothers and sisters.



    You are willing to base your salvation on something Jesus didn't say? What about God the father, are you calling Him a liar?





    I am not calling God a liar, not sure if u read everything i said....i said this is what gives me hope. I base my salvation on Jesus Christ and His cross. thank you for your response God bless you!

  5. #105
    Member sondra333's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2010
    Age
    44
    Posts
    45
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Hi, Sondra. I'm glad you found your way here.


    Thank you brother i am as well
    willfollowsGod and jennymae like this.

  6. #106
    jennymae
    Guest

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by sondra333 View Post
    Hello brothers, and sisters,
    I wanted to share that i have been in a 21 year realationship with a woman, and i am perfectly happy except when i read Romans or Leviticus and so forth. It is only then that I wonder if I am wrong and struggle because i love God, and the Lord Jesus very much, and i don't want to be a disappointment to them. So i look to scripture where Eve was created from what God took from Adam, (rib) which tells me that Adam had the potential to be the man he was created to be or the woman that was created from him, and vice versa. For they will become one flesh. Considering that the intersex have not full set of gentialia, but partial of both sexes seems to back up my theory. And the intersex is more common than i originally thought 1 out of every 2000 births. Also the go forth be fruitful and multiply i don't believe was meant for all of mankind for God gave this blessing to many, Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham...so on and so forth. If it was meant for all of mankind why would He have to repeat Hisself? And there is a popular belief that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality, and yet read the story and it is not mentioned once, it is in other parts of the bible...my point though is if Lot's daughters had been accepted by the men it would have been rape, same is to be said if Lot had given over the two angels disguised as men.
    What gives me hope is this...The lord Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. He didn't call me an abomination, or of a depraved, and reprobate mind. He couldn't get the Jews to understand about divorce being wrong, God gave marriage as a blessing for if once again it was not a blessing but a rule then why did Jesus state that after the reserruction we will not be given in marriage? Does it make sense that God pre-ordained marriage for this moment in time, to what then change His mind for the eternity? God doesn't change His mind therefore this leads me to believe that it was a blessing. Also Jesus spoke of us being eunnachs...for some are born of women, made of by man, and for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He told the disciples that not all men can accept this saying BUT if they could then they should be eunnachs. Also how can ALL scripture be God-breathed when it is appointed for man to die ONCE and then judgement....what of Lazarus who died twice, and those that rose from the graves when Jesus died, or many including myself who has died and been brought back? For if you believe within yourselves that those that rose from the graves ascended to heaven and those who have been brought back were just near death experiences, it still does not explain Lazarus for just one example is one to many when ALL scripture is supposed to be God breathed. thank you for your time and consideration brothers and sisters.
    I have no advice to offer, but I hope you will sort things out. I will be praying for you.
    willfollowsGod and Willie-T like this.

  7. #107
    Senior Member Willie-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2015
    Age
    71
    Posts
    16,310
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by sondra333 View Post
    Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Hi, Sondra. I'm glad you found your way here.


    Thank you brother i am as well
    It may be a bit of a rough ride at first, but I hope you stick around long enough for all of us to become a little more understanding and a whole lot less dogmatic in our views.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    “True eloquence consists of saying all that is necessary, and only that which is .” François Duc De La Rochefoucauld
    I am the righteousness of God, in Christ Jesus.

  8. #108


    CS1
    CS1 is offline
    Moderator CS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 23rd, 2012
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,153
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by biblelearner123 View Post
    But what about transgender? Is it from genes or choice?
    "Transgender" is a False Narrative supported by parents, schools and government. It is a cognitive dilemma and abandonment of reality. The make up of a person is well known at birth. If it is not well known due to psychical issues that is a birth defect. Transgender is too child abuse.
    it Don't mean a thing if you an't got the King

  9. #109
    Senior Member Dino246's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2015
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,847
    Rep Power
    55

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    It may be a bit of a rough ride at first, but I hope you stick around long enough for all of us to become a little more understanding and a whole lot less dogmatic in our views.
    I'm so glad to see that you believe in miracles!

  10. #110
    Senior Member Roughsoul1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2016
    Age
    25
    Posts
    590
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    All the defenders of homosexuality who says Jesus did not mention homosexuality may be half true but explain to me what does Jesus mean when he says in

    Matthew 19:4-5Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

    4 “Haven’t you read,” He replied, “that He who created them in the beginning made them male and female,”5 and He also said:

    “For this reason a man will leave
    his father and mother
    and be joined to his wife,
    and the two will become one flesh?

    I truly believe Jesus the incarnate of God was implying without implying directly to homosexual beliefs, that a man and woman was created genetically to join together, concieve children, raise boys to be boys and girls to be girls repeating the cycle of life. I challenge any homosexual to build a community of all females or males. I'll give them a year. They will not be allowed to exist with the opposite sex. If a child is concieved then maybe homosexuals have a point. But I can honestly and biblically say the community will die with no new generation to keep life going. And okay we under a new covenant with Christ. The OT is great for understanding how sinful and in need of a savior we are but the NT is where we find our new covenant. Dig deep in the NT because it has plenty to say about homosexuality. All we can do is spread the word of God. Popular or not we spread the word and teach all who will listen. Otherwise all who do not listen will be left to the judgement of God without a mediator in between you and God. Jesus is our man between our sin and God. Do not take his word lightly and I pray all who reads this will remember to be active within your local cities and state. These confused LGBT ideas are finding its way into our laws, schools, and community. If we Christians do not stand now and do all we can, a new generation of confused children will grow up and out number us( Americans who believe in a normal biblical family)in the judicial systems.
    Sometimes we must not be afraid to ask why and question everything we Know!
    https://www.afa.net/the-stand/
    http://www.onenewsnow.com/

  11. #111
    Senior Member GandalfTheWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2015
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,939
    Rep Power
    47

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roughsoul1991 View Post
    All the defenders of homosexuality who says Jesus did not mention homosexuality may be half true but explain to me what does Jesus mean when he says in
    This is not even a "half truth" because the Bible teach us that everything in the Bible is about Jesus. The verses condemning homosexuality in the OT is about Jesus, the Kong of kings

  12. #112
    Senior Member PennEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2013
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,211
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    97

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by sondra333 View Post
    Hello brothers, and sisters,
    I wanted to share that i have been in a 21 year realationship with a woman, and i am perfectly happy except when i read Romans or Leviticus and so forth. It is only then that I wonder if I am wrong and struggle because i love God, and the Lord Jesus very much, and i don't want to be a disappointment to them. So i look to scripture where Eve was created from what God took from Adam, (rib) which tells me that Adam had the potential to be the man he was created to be or the woman that was created from him, and vice versa. For they will become one flesh. Considering that the intersex have not full set of gentialia, but partial of both sexes seems to back up my theory. And the intersex is more common than i originally thought 1 out of every 2000 births. Also the go forth be fruitful and multiply i don't believe was meant for all of mankind for God gave this blessing to many, Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham...so on and so forth. If it was meant for all of mankind why would He have to repeat Hisself? And there is a popular belief that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality, and yet read the story and it is not mentioned once, it is in other parts of the bible...my point though is if Lot's daughters had been accepted by the men it would have been rape, same is to be said if Lot had given over the two angels disguised as men.
    What gives me hope is this...The lord Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. He didn't call me an abomination, or of a depraved, and reprobate mind. He couldn't get the Jews to understand about divorce being wrong, God gave marriage as a blessing for if once again it was not a blessing but a rule then why did Jesus state that after the reserruction we will not be given in marriage? Does it make sense that God pre-ordained marriage for this moment in time, to what then change His mind for the eternity? God doesn't change His mind therefore this leads me to believe that it was a blessing. Also Jesus spoke of us being eunnachs...for some are born of women, made of by man, and for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He told the disciples that not all men can accept this saying BUT if they could then they should be eunnachs. Also how can ALL scripture be God-breathed when it is appointed for man to die ONCE and then judgement....what of Lazarus who died twice, and those that rose from the graves when Jesus died, or many including myself who has died and been brought back? For if you believe within yourselves that those that rose from the graves ascended to heaven and those who have been brought back were just near death experiences, it still does not explain Lazarus for just one example is one to many when ALL scripture is supposed to be God breathed. thank you for your time and consideration brothers and sisters.
    Hi Sondra. Glad you are here. I believe you are right in saying that our Salvation is based in the blood of Jesus Christ and NOT in our performance as a Christian.

    Having said that, it seems to me you are trying to find some Biblical technicality to continue doing what the Holy Spirit is clearly telling you is wrong. Why else do you think you feel convicted while reading Romans or Leviticus?

    Why can't you love the person you love and NOT engage in sex?

    I can allow the sexual desires I have to control me or I can look at a beautiful woman and envision her as my sister in Christ.
    The former will manifest itself in porn, sexual banter, and adultery. The latter will result in fruit and true love for people in Christ.

    Christ, and your brethren love you no matter what, but grieving the Holy Spirit is never a good place to be. Please pray on it.

  13. #113
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,724
    Rep Power
    103

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by sondra333 View Post
    Hello brothers, and sisters,
    I wanted to share that i have been in a 21 year realationship with a woman, and i am perfectly happy except when i read Romans or Leviticus and so forth. It is only then that I wonder if I am wrong and struggle because i love God, and the Lord Jesus very much, and i don't want to be a disappointment to them. So i look to scripture where Eve was created from what God took from Adam, (rib) which tells me that Adam had the potential to be the man he was created to be or the woman that was created from him, and vice versa. For they will become one flesh. Considering that the intersex have not full set of gentialia, but partial of both sexes seems to back up my theory. And the intersex is more common than i originally thought 1 out of every 2000 births. Also the go forth be fruitful and multiply i don't believe was meant for all of mankind for God gave this blessing to many, Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham...so on and so forth. If it was meant for all of mankind why would He have to repeat Hisself? And there is a popular belief that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality, and yet read the story and it is not mentioned once, it is in other parts of the bible...my point though is if Lot's daughters had been accepted by the men it would have been rape, same is to be said if Lot had given over the two angels disguised as men.
    What gives me hope is this...The lord Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. He didn't call me an abomination, or of a depraved, and reprobate mind. He couldn't get the Jews to understand about divorce being wrong, God gave marriage as a blessing for if once again it was not a blessing but a rule then why did Jesus state that after the reserruction we will not be given in marriage? Does it make sense that God pre-ordained marriage for this moment in time, to what then change His mind for the eternity? God doesn't change His mind therefore this leads me to believe that it was a blessing. Also Jesus spoke of us being eunnachs...for some are born of women, made of by man, and for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He told the disciples that not all men can accept this saying BUT if they could then they should be eunnachs. Also how can ALL scripture be God-breathed when it is appointed for man to die ONCE and then judgement....what of Lazarus who died twice, and those that rose from the graves when Jesus died, or many including myself who has died and been brought back? For if you believe within yourselves that those that rose from the graves ascended to heaven and those who have been brought back were just near death experiences, it still does not explain Lazarus for just one example is one to many when ALL scripture is supposed to be God breathed. thank you for your time and consideration brothers and sisters.



    Quote "I wanted to share that i have been in a 21 year realationship with a woman, and i am perfectly happy except when i read Romans or Leviticus and so forth. It is only then that I wonder if I am wrong and struggle because i love God, and the Lord Jesus very much, and i don't want to be a disappointment to them. "

    You love God and dont want to disappoint Him.That is a good start.Have you prayed with an open heart and asked Him to show you if what you are doing is right or wrong? You say you read Scriptures and wonder if you may be wrong,that is called conviction. Ask God to show you the right path and He will.


    Quote "
    So i look to scripture where Eve was created from what God took from Adam, (rib) which tells me that Adam had the potential to be the man he was created to be or the woman that was created from him, and vice versa. For they will become one flesh. Considering that the intersex have not full set of gentialia, but partial of both sexes seems to back up my theory."

    You dont need a theory. We all have a tendency to excuse our sin, we find a way to make it not look so bad. But we only do ourselves harm.The Bible is clear that sin leads to death.Follow the right path and dont let satan deceive you.

    Quote "
    And there is a popular belief that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality, and yet read the story and it is not mentioned once"

    Here is the story...But before they lay down, {the male angels}the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them. (have sex with them)
    6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
    7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
    8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

    Lot offered his virgin daughters rather than let the men commit the sin of homosexuality. He considered it that much of a sin.

    Quote "What gives me hope is this...The lord Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. He didn't call me an abomination, or of a depraved, and reprobate mind. "

    Jesus and God are one. They are always in complete agreement. You cannot separate the two. If God called it sin in the OT it holds true in the NT.

    Quote "
    why did Jesus state that after the reserruction we will not be given in marriage? Does it make sense that God pre-ordained marriage for this moment in time, to what then change His mind for the eternity?"

    Yes,marriage is for this moment in time because God set it as the foundation for the family and for procreation. There is no need for either in eternity.

    Quote "
    Also Jesus spoke of us being eunnachs...for some are born of women, made of by man, and for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He told the disciples that not all men can accept this saying BUT if they could then they should be eunnachs."

    Here is what Jesus said...3Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

    4“Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’a 5and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’b ? 6So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”7“Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”8Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”10The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”11Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given.12For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”


    Jesus was talking about divorce and how it was wrong. The disciples said it was better not to marry and Jesus said if one could live the life of a eunuch should. A eunuch does not have sex but stays celibate. Jesus was saying if you cant remain pure and you can live the celibate life then do so.This has nothing whatsoever to do with homosexuality being wrong.

    Quote "
    Also how can ALL scripture be God-breathed when it is appointed for man to die ONCE and then judgement."

    This is a general comment.The fact that God miraculously brought some back to life was not the point being made.That is Gods sovereign will. The point being made was that Jesus died once for all.He made the ultimate sacrifice and He doesn't have to do it over and over.Once for all.That was the point being made.

    There are people here and in your life that will tell you you are ok,that God doesn't see homosexuality as sin. You have made many excuses here and it makes me think you are under conviction. You have a right heart,you just need to pray with and open heart for God to show you the right path. God doesn't go against His Word. Im not trying to condemn,and Im sure you will see it that way.What Im trying to do is point you to the truth before it is too late. God has a much better plan for you life,I hope you will honestly seek Him and find it. Be blessed.








  14. #114
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    63
    Posts
    8,390
    Rep Power
    84

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by sondra333 View Post
    Hello brothers, and sisters,
    I wanted to share that i have been in a 21 year realationship with a woman, and i am perfectly happy except when i read Romans or Leviticus and so forth. It is only then that I wonder if I am wrong and struggle because i love God, and the Lord Jesus very much, and i don't want to be a disappointment to them. So i look to scripture where Eve was created from what God took from Adam, (rib) which tells me that Adam had the potential to be the man he was created to be or the woman that was created from him, and vice versa. For they will become one flesh. Considering that the intersex have not full set of gentialia, but partial of both sexes seems to back up my theory. And the intersex is more common than i originally thought 1 out of every 2000 births. Also the go forth be fruitful and multiply i don't believe was meant for all of mankind for God gave this blessing to many, Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham...so on and so forth. If it was meant for all of mankind why would He have to repeat Hisself? And there is a popular belief that Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed because of homosexuality, and yet read the story and it is not mentioned once, it is in other parts of the bible...my point though is if Lot's daughters had been accepted by the men it would have been rape, same is to be said if Lot had given over the two angels disguised as men.
    What gives me hope is this...The lord Jesus never spoke about homosexuality. He didn't call me an abomination, or of a depraved, and reprobate mind. He couldn't get the Jews to understand about divorce being wrong, God gave marriage as a blessing for if once again it was not a blessing but a rule then why did Jesus state that after the reserruction we will not be given in marriage? Does it make sense that God pre-ordained marriage for this moment in time, to what then change His mind for the eternity? God doesn't change His mind therefore this leads me to believe that it was a blessing. Also Jesus spoke of us being eunnachs...for some are born of women, made of by man, and for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He told the disciples that not all men can accept this saying BUT if they could then they should be eunnachs. Also how can ALL scripture be God-breathed when it is appointed for man to die ONCE and then judgement....what of Lazarus who died twice, and those that rose from the graves when Jesus died, or many including myself who has died and been brought back? For if you believe within yourselves that those that rose from the graves ascended to heaven and those who have been brought back were just near death experiences, it still does not explain Lazarus for just one example is one to many when ALL scripture is supposed to be God breathed. thank you for your time and consideration brothers and sisters.
    You should be uncomfortable with Romans chapter one. You need to see and believe on Jesus as He is not as how you want Him to be. You cannot pick and choose what attributes of Jesus you like and reject the attributes you do not like.

    Paul wrote the word contained in the epistle to the Romans under Holy Spirit guidance. This make them the same as if they came from the very lips of God Who is Jehovah, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  15. #115
    Senior Member PeterJens's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    7,981
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by sondra333 View Post
    Hello brothers, and sisters,
    I wanted to share that i have been in a 21 year realationship with a woman, and i am perfectly happy.
    You summarise the dilemma we have. Love between two people is not necessarily sexual.
    We all have sexual identities, but they do not define us. A lot of people find intimacy difficult
    and even when married are not intimate in the proper sense, they have a partner for needs but
    it is little more.

    Family structures are based on the biological mandate of male and female to produce children
    who equally will form a family to carry on.

    Sexual immorality is largely indulgence in sexual activity only for emotional gratification, and
    the use of this which before modern medicine led to certain death.

    As I grow in maturity I understand the real differences between male and female make a
    real difference, and complement each other.

    The Lord has declared His position on such things, and His heart. It is up to us as individuals
    to search Him out and ask for His light into our souls.

    In the Lord when we understand intimacy and sharing sexual aspects become more superficial,
    and walking with people our life. One can truly say, sex is a quick release, true fellowship is
    eternal.
    I share "Jesus Christ and him crucified" 1 cor 2:2
    "He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 cor 15:57

    The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you

  16. #116
    Member Infusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2016
    Age
    36
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Gross. Why would you sit around thinking of this?

  17. #117
    Member Infusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2016
    Age
    36
    Posts
    85
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Do infants have sexual desires now? Are you accusing the Lord of being wrong? Go be gay then who cares.

  18. #118
    Senior Member PeterJens's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2015
    Age
    57
    Posts
    7,981
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    65

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
    "Transgender" is a False Narrative supported by parents, schools and government. It is a cognitive dilemma and abandonment of reality. The make up of a person is well known at birth. If it is not well known due to psychical issues that is a birth defect. Transgender is too child abuse.
    Transgender is a very difficult problem. Some people are neither male nor female, but
    can choose which they want to express themselves as. As you meet more people,
    you will find sexual identity is less diverse than personalities.

    There is greater diversity of expression within a gender, with both ends of spectrum
    between very sensitive feminine to very butch, aggressive confrontational approaches
    than between the sexes. So I am puzzled when people who have a gender identity
    crises have one, because it appears more manufactured than real.

    The sad reality is often people who want to change their gender find it really makes no
    difference to how they feel about themselves and have an untrue picture of what life
    and relationships actually are. All the attention, and emphasis, can often be the real
    driver, not the goal at the end.

    So nothing here is simple, and it is all about accepting what we are, and then working
    with it, rather than setting up unreal expectations and dreams.
    I share "Jesus Christ and him crucified" 1 cor 2:2
    "He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 cor 15:57

    The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you

  19. #119
    Senior Member Amazing-Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2016
    Age
    57
    Posts
    347
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    There are some great answers here! People have gone to a lot of trouble to dissect what the Bible actually states and the comments have been spoken in love not condemnation. There is little doubt to God's plan for marriage and His views on homosexuality.

    I don't believe God is against love or feelings of love but it's the act of homosexuality itself He calls an "abomination".












    “Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion.” - Isaac Newton

  20. #120
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,724
    Rep Power
    103

    Default Re: Being gay a choice or genetically born that way?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing-Grace View Post
    There are some great answers here! People have gone to a lot of trouble to dissect what the Bible actually states and the comments have been spoken in love not condemnation. There is little doubt to God's plan for marriage and His views on homosexuality.

    I don't believe God is against love or feelings of love but it's the act of homosexuality itself He calls an "abomination".


    Thank you for the rep. comment. I agree with your comment also,God has a plan for marriage and the family. That is why His Word speaks against homosexuality,being unfaithful in marriage.These things break down the family unit. They break down society and God has reasons when He sets limits that are for our own protection. Im not trying to be condemning but I also feel that it would be a lie to tell someone that God condones homosexuality.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is opposition to genetically modified food irrational?
    By royalscot in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: September 17th, 2015, 05:28 PM
  2. Chinese Scientists Genetically Modify Human Embryo
    By crossnote in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: April 24th, 2015, 02:07 AM
  3. Genetically Engineered Micro-Humans To Replace Lab Rats by 2017
    By Seifer5 in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 14th, 2014, 09:56 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 7th, 2013, 02:06 PM
  5. Monsanto's genetically modified crops
    By celestemekent in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: November 30th, 2012, 12:59 PM