Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 102
Like Tree170Likes

Christian Family Forum

Discuss family topics/issues, and give and receive encouragement here.

Thread: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2017
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    4

    Default My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    This is the best woman I've ever met and I did not treat her like so. My jealousy and anger ruined our relationship. She is faithful and is God fearing. Today I left. She left exactly a week ago today. Will not speak to me on the phone. Will barely respond to messages on social media (the only way I've been able to contact her).

    she put God back in my life. She truly walks the walk. I was. It good to get. I thought that just because I provided for her, gave her lots of physical attention and didn't cheat that I was a great husband. I wasn't.

    i was jealous and threatened her over the phone the day she left. Her mom doesn't want this for us because we are close too. Her mom said that my wife told her that she always feels like everything she does is wrong and nothing is ever good enough.

    shes right. That's how I treated her. I never realized it until now. I've been reading some books. I'd like some recommendations for good books that might help.

    Any advice? Right now I'm leacing because I feel she needs her space. I keep begging but I stopped that too. I pray she has forgiveness once she leaves her friends and goes home. I pray that she can see that I see where I was wrong and can be good to and for her. I never want to feel this way again. I don't want to lose my wife. She's perfect. Can I get some ways to "win her back". Without showing up at the house begging. I want to respect her space and I know ultimately she will have to make her decision on her own. But is there ANYTHING I can do at this point?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2017
    Age
    27
    Posts
    2,567
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by RBW8 View Post
    This is the best woman I've ever met and I did not treat her like so. My jealousy and anger ruined our relationship. She is faithful and is God fearing. Today I left. She left exactly a week ago today. Will not speak to me on the phone. Will barely respond to messages on social media (the only way I've been able to contact her).

    she put God back in my life. She truly walks the walk. I was. It good to get. I thought that just because I provided for her, gave her lots of physical attention and didn't cheat that I was a great husband. I wasn't.

    i was jealous and threatened her over the phone the day she left. Her mom doesn't want this for us because we are close too. Her mom said that my wife told her that she always feels like everything she does is wrong and nothing is ever good enough.

    shes right. That's how I treated her. I never realized it until now. I've been reading some books. I'd like some recommendations for good books that might help.

    Any advice? Right now I'm leacing because I feel she needs her space. I keep begging but I stopped that too. I pray she has forgiveness once she leaves her friends and goes home. I pray that she can see that I see where I was wrong and can be good to and for her. I never want to feel this way again. I don't want to lose my wife. She's perfect. Can I get some ways to "win her back". Without showing up at the house begging. I want to respect her space and I know ultimately she will have to make her decision on her own. But is there ANYTHING I can do at this point?
    i think prayer is your best bet...

    fast

    pray

    and when she contacts you be 100% honest

    she shouldnt divorce you for jealousy if she obeys Gods word

    but i can see why shed want to

    thankfully you actually see what you were doing was wrong
    now you can repent of it

    if she needs time and space at the moment

    TRUST her dont let the enemy plant thoughts into your head like that

    when he does hold them captive and trust in your wife


    i think it can be fixed God willing

    i suggest 1st corinthians


    (sorry if my advice is poor)
    SAS, Jimbone, MarcR and 6 others like this.

  3. #3


    vl
    vl is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2017
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    i think prayer is your best bet...

    fast

    pray

    and when she contacts you be 100% honest

    she shouldnt divorce you for jealousy if she obeys Gods word

    but i can see why shed want to

    thankfully you actually see what you were doing was wrong
    now you can repent of it

    if she needs time and space at the moment

    TRUST her dont let the enemy plant thoughts into your head like that

    when he does hold them captive and trust in your wife


    i think it can be fixed God willing

    i suggest 1st corinthians


    (sorry if my advice is poor)
    Your advice is great and better than the one I was going to give.

    And another thing OP, don't lose hope. Give her space and let God do the rest.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,068
    Rep Power
    164

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Not much. You hurt, discouraged, broke her heart and threatened her. It's possible she may come back, but really if she told me how you treat her I'd say "leave him".
    You also might be different. Or you may just feel bad because you finally received a consequence for your behavior, and is she returns, and time passes, you may do it again. Such behavior is often difficult to change. How sincere you are makes a big difference.
    But there is no magic formula to get her back. But I would encourage counseling for yourself to get to the root of the problem.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2017
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    i think prayer is your best bet...

    fast

    pray

    and when she contacts you be 100% honest

    she shouldnt divorce you for jealousy if she obeys Gods word

    but i can see why shed want to

    thankfully you actually see what you were doing was wrong
    now you can repent of it

    if she needs time and space at the moment

    TRUST her dont let the enemy plant thoughts into your head like that

    when he does hold them captive and trust in your wife


    i think it can be fixed God willing

    i suggest 1st corinthians


    (sorry if my advice is poor)


    corithians 1. I'm on it. I do see that I'm wrong. I've read a book about overreacting and a Christian marriage book called "capture her heart". I'm trying to have self control to not bug her. The thought of this sticking scares me. I just want the chance to fix my mistakes.

  6. #6
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,308
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    306

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Nobody is perfect, even your wife. My advice is to allow her time and space to decompress and find out what she truly wants and needs at this point of her life. It's going to take more that reading a book on your part for her to want to come back to you. I believe that your marriage is salvageable, mainly because you have remained faithful to her. This will take a lot of prayer, contemplation and application on both of your parts. You both must be willing to place God in the center of your relationship and to follow His guidance. I would skip the contact on social media as that seems tacky and a bit cloying. Glad to have you join us. Welcome to CC.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  7. #7
    Member Solemateleft's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2017
    Age
    53
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    RBW8,
    Concur with Prayer...
    albeit I'm also new to this forum, it would appear that we are going thru similar marital experiences (wives want out of it) .
    I've found the Marriage Fitness program with Mort Fertel to provide the proactive approach that it would appear that you too are interested in. His program provides useful day to day actions as well as providing decent guidelines for long-term approaches - with the acknowledgement that 'slow is good.'
    His methods hold genuine christian morals and values (although he does not necessarily promote his program as christian based - open to all)
    https://marriagemax.com/
    I'm currently in his 'Lone-Ranger' program - and although it has served very useful and I've become a better person (best version of me I can be) - it is not guaranteed to save all marriages. Regardless of the outcome - understanding how painful this is - you will come out the other end as a stronger-better version of yourself...
    hope you find this helpful
    God Bless

  8. #8
    Member Ruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14th, 2016
    Age
    61
    Posts
    99
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Right now both you and your wife's thoughts and emotions are chaotic and in turmoil. Give yourself a month or so and then call a Christian Counselor as I think you both need counseling. It takes two ppl to make a marriage and 2 to break it up and taking all the blame is not healthy either as there are 2 sides to every story your, hers and the truth. If you both love each other and are willing to both change....there is lots of hope for your marriage.
    Do not PM me if I have not spoken with you in the main chatroom or without asking my permission first. Thank you.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,830
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    215

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by RBW8 View Post
    This is the best woman I've ever met and I did not treat her like so. My jealousy and anger ruined our relationship. She is faithful and is God fearing. Today I left. She left exactly a week ago today. Will not speak to me on the phone. Will barely respond to messages on social media (the only way I've been able to contact her).

    she put God back in my life. She truly walks the walk. I was. It good to get. I thought that just because I provided for her, gave her lots of physical attention and didn't cheat that I was a great husband. I wasn't.

    i was jealous and threatened her over the phone the day she left. Her mom doesn't want this for us because we are close too. Her mom said that my wife told her that she always feels like everything she does is wrong and nothing is ever good enough.

    shes right. That's how I treated her. I never realized it until now. I've been reading some books. I'd like some recommendations for good books that might help.

    Any advice? Right now I'm leacing because I feel she needs her space. I keep begging but I stopped that too. I pray she has forgiveness once she leaves her friends and goes home. I pray that she can see that I see where I was wrong and can be good to and for her. I never want to feel this way again. I don't want to lose my wife. She's perfect. Can I get some ways to "win her back". Without showing up at the house begging. I want to respect her space and I know ultimately she will have to make her decision on her own. But is there ANYTHING I can do at this point?

    Hi RBW8 I'm saying this as honestly as I can to you, as I think you need to hear an
    honest answer.

    You sound as if you were every women's nightmare. You say your jealousy and anger
    has ruined the relationship and that you have threatened her. If a woman came on here
    and gave a description like that of her husband, there are plenty on here who would
    encourage her to leave for her own safety and mental well being.

    If you are truely sorry and want to change, then you have to demonstrate that.
    You need to be looking into anger management and councilling and first of all
    you need to change. You need to deal with the issues you have, you need to show
    that you can be a responsible person and loving husband etc.

    I would say that you also need to seek God with all your heart, not just playing at
    being a Christian, but really put yourself out there and discover who God is and
    want He has done for you.

    You cant expect your wife or any woman to want to be on a relationship with you
    until you have first straightened yourself out. You owe that to yourself and to
    any future relationships you might have.

    Whether or not it would be right for you to get back together with your wife or the
    timing of that I don't know. But until you can sort yourself out. I wouldnt recommend
    that you get involved with either your wife or anyone else.

    I will pray for you that whatever has gone wrong and the reasons for it, can be
    overcome and that you will have the strength and insight to deal with the issues you
    have and truely discover Jesus for yourself. You can become a new creation in Christ
    but you will still need to work through the above issues you mention before God will
    trust you to have a relationship.

    I say this because a loving Heavenly Father wants the best for us. He doesn't want anyone
    either men or women to end up in an abusive, angry relationship. You owe it to
    God and yourself to be the best human being you can be if you want a quality
    God loving wife.

    Hope you understand what I mean.
    He is God and we are not.


    Quote Originally Posted by notmyown View Post
    Miri, for being Mary Poppins. (inside joke, but no, really! she's kind and no nonsense!)

  10. #10
    Senior Member Amazing-Grace's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2016
    Age
    58
    Posts
    650
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    40

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    Hi RBW8 I'm saying this as honestly as I can to you, as I think you need to hear an
    honest answer.

    You sound as if you were every women's nightmare. You say your jealousy and anger
    has ruined the relationship and that you have threatened her. If a woman came on here
    and gave a description like that of her husband, there are plenty on here who would
    encourage her to leave for her own safety and mental well being.

    If you are truely sorry and want to change, then you have to demonstrate that.
    You need to be looking into anger management and councilling and first of all
    you need to change. You need to deal with the issues you have, you need to show
    that you can be a responsible person and loving husband etc.

    I would say that you also need to seek God with all your heart, not just playing at
    being a Christian, but really put yourself out there and discover who God is and
    want He has done for you.

    You cant expect your wife or any woman to want to be on a relationship with you
    until you have first straightened yourself out. You owe that to yourself and to
    any future relationships you might have.

    Whether or not it would be right for you to get back together with your wife or the
    timing of that I don't know. But until you can sort yourself out. I wouldnt recommend
    that you get involved with either your wife or anyone else.

    I will pray for you that whatever has gone wrong and the reasons for it, can be
    overcome and that you will have the strength and insight to deal with the issues you
    have and truely discover Jesus for yourself. You can become a new creation in Christ
    but you will still need to work through the above issues you mention before God will
    trust you to have a relationship.

    I say this because a loving Heavenly Father wants the best for us. He doesn't want anyone
    either men or women to end up in an abusive, angry relationship. You owe it to
    God and yourself to be the best human being you can be if you want a quality
    God loving wife.

    Hope you understand what I mean.
    Sound honest advice Miri, I agree he needs to seek help and to let his wife know he is doing so - via a friend if necessary, that way she will know he is serious about changing.
    Angela53510, Miri, MarcR and 2 others like this.












    “Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion.” - Isaac Newton

  11. #11
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    17,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    308

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by RBW8 View Post
    corithians 1. I'm on it. I do see that I'm wrong. I've read a book about overreacting and a Christian marriage book called "capture her heart". I'm trying to have self control to not bug her. The thought of this sticking scares me. I just want the chance to fix my mistakes.
    You think fasting, reading a book, and "a chance to fix my mistakes" is going to work?

    You were abusive for a long time. And to "fix it" you threatened her! Truthfully, you sound like every abusive spouse I've ever met. "I'm sorry, Baby. I didn't mean it. I'll try harder." And that lasts anywhere between two hours and two months before same ole, same ole hits again.

    If you could change, you would have by now. I agree with Miri. You need anger management and counseling.

    Got to tell you though. I grew up with "everything I did was wrong." I'd never go back to that. You have to go into this with eyes wide open. You probably have lost her. Are you willing to put in the effort to change you because you need change? Or are you going to do it in the off chance she might come back? Because if it's only the latter, you still haven't changed. Not even changed enough to do something about you.
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2017
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    I am in no way taking the blame off of myself. However, it has t been our whole relationship. It's been the past month or two. I let stress get the best of me. My Father died in feb. Went a few weeks without work. I mistakenly took it all out on her. I'm not making a Case for myself but I don't like being thrown in as a lifelong loser when I've recently become one. As stupid as that sounds.

    I know a book cant fix this. It's just my way of improving myself and understanding my feelings RIGHT NOW. I'm going to do counseling. Try to figure out how I let this happen. How to avoid it in the future.

    Ive been trying to find a closeness to God that she talks about. I was raised Catholic so she's been showing me the relationship side instead of the ritualistic side. I do not play christian. I want him. I ask for him to come into my heart. I'm trying to be close to him and I feel like I'm getting closer. I'm by no means perfect but I'm trying.

    I know if a man treated her the way I recently, I wouldn't be happy. It's easy to cast judgment but I'm acknowledging my mistake. I have no reason to make up to y'all. I came to you for advice. Scriptures. Book. Something to give me strength. Prayers maybe. Idk. I don't pray to get her back. I pray to keep me walking in God's light.

  13. #13
    Senior Member NotmebutHim's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2015
    Age
    41
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    33

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by RBW8 View Post
    This is the best woman I've ever met and I did not treat her like so. My jealousy and anger ruined our relationship. She is faithful and is God fearing. Today I left. She left exactly a week ago today. Will not speak to me on the phone. Will barely respond to messages on social media (the only way I've been able to contact her).

    she put God back in my life. She truly walks the walk. I was. It good to get. I thought that just because I provided for her, gave her lots of physical attention and didn't cheat that I was a great husband. I wasn't.

    i was jealous and threatened her over the phone the day she left. Her mom doesn't want this for us because we are close too. Her mom said that my wife told her that she always feels like everything she does is wrong and nothing is ever good enough.

    shes right. That's how I treated her. I never realized it until now. I've been reading some books. I'd like some recommendations for good books that might help.

    Any advice? Right now I'm leacing because I feel she needs her space. I keep begging but I stopped that too. I pray she has forgiveness once she leaves her friends and goes home. I pray that she can see that I see where I was wrong and can be good to and for her. I never want to feel this way again. I don't want to lose my wife. She's perfect. Can I get some ways to "win her back". Without showing up at the house begging. I want to respect her space and I know ultimately she will have to make her decision on her own. But is there ANYTHING I can do at this point?
    You need to change because it will be good for YOU. Not just so you can possibly win your wife back. As good as that might be, it's only a "short-term" fix.

    Also, don't let ANYONE convince you, either here or elsewhere, that you will always be an abuser, or that abusers will never change their ways. You can change that if you really want to. It's not something you're stuck with.

    Prayers for you, brother.
    SweetmorningDew78 likes this.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    July 4th, 2017
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by NotmebutHim View Post
    You need to change because it will be good for YOU. Not just so you can possibly win your wife back. As good as that might be, it's only a "short-term" fix.

    Also, don't let ANYONE convince you, either here or elsewhere, that you will always be an abuser, or that abusers will never change their ways. You can change that if you really want to. It's not something you're stuck with.

    Prayers for you, brother.

    Thanks man. And of course it all started to get her back. I think that's natural. But when I started learning more about it, I see that it's a "me" problem and not an "us" problem. I have come to terms that I likely won't get her back. It hurts. Still going to go through with trying to fix it. I don't ever want to be "that guy" for her or anyone else.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    If I were you, I would find a new hobby. Something to keep yourself distracted.

    Like you and others said. She needs space and time. You probably do too.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  16. #16
    Junior Member 1True's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29th, 2017
    Age
    57
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Pray ,Pray and pray again ,have honest communication ,ask the Lord to transform you into a husband that blesses his wife ,wait apon the Lord and admit that you are in lack and seek guidance from the HS


    Blessing pray your way
    Depleted likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,068
    Rep Power
    164

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by RBW8 View Post
    corithians 1. I'm on it. I do see that I'm wrong. I've read a book about overreacting and a Christian marriage book called "capture her heart". I'm trying to have self control to not bug her. The thought of this sticking scares me. I just want the chance to fix my mistakes.
    Ah. You read a book or two. Problem solved. I'm sure the problem has resolved itself then.
    If you were Truly serious you'd take it more seriously than reading a book or two. Chances are, with your current mindset, you'll fall back into your old habits again. You've taken the most shallow of steps and said that's enough. It's not.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  18. #18
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,068
    Rep Power
    164

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMcgee View Post
    i think prayer is your best bet...

    fast

    pray

    and when she contacts you be 100% honest

    she shouldnt divorce you for jealousy if she obeys Gods word
    More than jealousy if you read. When she left him he threatened her.
    Jealously can be mild or violent. And since he has threatened her he obviously has capabilities of doing worse than he's done already.
    He out her down so often and frequently he was crushing her spirit.
    And in the midst of all this used her for sex and thought she would be grateful.

    And many men with abusive traits Sound Very convincing when their wives leave them. But pick up where they left off when they return.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  19. #19
    Senior Member Tinuviel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2015
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,806
    Rep Power
    97

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by RBW8 View Post
    This is the best woman I've ever met and I did not treat her like so. My jealousy and anger ruined our relationship. She is faithful and is God fearing. Today I left. She left exactly a week ago today. Will not speak to me on the phone. Will barely respond to messages on social media (the only way I've been able to contact her).

    she put God back in my life. She truly walks the walk. I was. It good to get. I thought that just because I provided for her, gave her lots of physical attention and didn't cheat that I was a great husband. I wasn't.

    i was jealous and threatened her over the phone the day she left. Her mom doesn't want this for us because we are close too. Her mom said that my wife told her that she always feels like everything she does is wrong and nothing is ever good enough.

    shes right. That's how I treated her. I never realized it until now. I've been reading some books. I'd like some recommendations for good books that might help.

    Any advice? Right now I'm leacing because I feel she needs her space. I keep begging but I stopped that too. I pray she has forgiveness once she leaves her friends and goes home. I pray that she can see that I see where I was wrong and can be good to and for her. I never want to feel this way again. I don't want to lose my wife. She's perfect. Can I get some ways to "win her back". Without showing up at the house begging. I want to respect her space and I know ultimately she will have to make her decision on her own. But is there ANYTHING I can do at this point?
    You've seen your problem and are back on track with God, those are both great steps!! As a woman, I'm going to tell you that she's going to have a hard time trusting you. Be very patient with her and show her that you've changed.
    Desertsrose likes this.
    “If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our dead bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms wrapped about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go unwarned and unprayed for.”
    ~Charles Spurgeon

  20. #20
    Senior Member Miri's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    6,830
    Blog Entries
    13
    Rep Power
    215

    Default Re: My wife wants me to leave. She says she wants a divorce. And it's my fault.

    Quote Originally Posted by RBW8 View Post
    I am in no way taking the blame off of myself. However, it has t been our whole relationship. It's been the past month or two. I let stress get the best of me. My Father died in feb. Went a few weeks without work. I mistakenly took it all out on her. I'm not making a Case for myself but I don't like being thrown in as a lifelong loser when I've recently become one. As stupid as that sounds.

    I know a book cant fix this. It's just my way of improving myself and understanding my feelings RIGHT NOW. I'm going to do counseling. Try to figure out how I let this happen. How to avoid it in the future.

    Ive been trying to find a closeness to God that she talks about. I was raised Catholic so she's been showing me the relationship side instead of the ritualistic side. I do not play christian. I want him. I ask for him to come into my heart. I'm trying to be close to him and I feel like I'm getting closer. I'm by no means perfect but I'm trying.

    I know if a man treated her the way I recently, I wouldn't be happy. It's easy to cast judgment but I'm acknowledging my mistake. I have no reason to make up to y'all. I came to you for advice. Scriptures. Book. Something to give me strength. Prayers maybe. Idk. I don't pray to get her back. I pray to keep me walking in God's light.

    Im sorry to hear about your dad, I really am, but are you sure you have only had a problem
    with jealousy, anger and over reacting for only two months? I suspect it's deeper than
    you are saying.
    Angela53510, MarcR and Depleted like this.
    He is God and we are not.


    Quote Originally Posted by notmyown View Post
    Miri, for being Mary Poppins. (inside joke, but no, really! she's kind and no nonsense!)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: April 3rd, 2017, 03:35 PM
  2. my wife wants a divorce and I do not want one at all
    By axp55 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: February 13th, 2016, 02:50 PM
  3. Wife wants a divorce.
    By Jlknight in forum Prayer Requests
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 26th, 2014, 06:05 AM
  4. Will a Guy Who Isn't Attracted to Overweight Women Leave His Pregnant Wife?
    By seoulsearch in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: December 21st, 2013, 03:31 AM
  5. My wife wants to divorce me.
    By Miagey86 in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: May 9th, 2012, 12:32 PM