Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
Like Tree55Likes

Christian Family Forum

Discuss family topics/issues, and give and receive encouragement here.

Thread: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2018
    Age
    58
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    That is so good to hear thank you for taking the time to answer and may god bless you for caring x

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2018
    Age
    58
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    You are so right i cant trust my own judgement anymore he said he had become a christian and i thought that made him ok how silly am i ?

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2018
    Age
    58
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    wow thanks for all that depleted you should be doing this for a living so much to think about now x

  4. #24
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    4,319
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Just for the fun, I'd go back to that church, and when they ask you if you remarried, tell them "yes", but its okay because you killed your first husband in order to comply with their rules.
    ding-ding-ding..... we have a winner!
    NotmebutHim likes this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  5. #25
    Senior Member Depleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2015
    Age
    61
    Posts
    19,981
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    414

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    wow thanks for all that depleted you should be doing this for a living so much to think about now x
    I am doing this for the living. lol
    Lynn

    Still woman, but no lady.

    And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Rom. 8:28

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2017
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    Thats right i am with the christian man that is my second husband it only took 7 months for his true colours to emerge he assulated me badly and is awaiting trial i found out he has lied to me and kept hidden the fact that he battered his ex wife
    at first I was thinking " if her husband cheated she should be able to marry again" but after this post im thinking maybe it was God trying to stop her down the wrong road. But you left the church and went down that road.
    it makes me think sometimes roadblocks are a good thing.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2017
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by Depleted View Post
    No, you were punished by a douche bag, because he's a douche bag. (Second husband.) He's the creep. You aren't.

    I AGREE....

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2018
    Age
    58
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    That would be so funny but it would only be me laughing x

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2018
    Age
    58
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    gdyloves what does a roadblock look like?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2017
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    gdyloves what does a roadblock look like?
    a road block is something preventing you from going down the road you are on.
    It could look like anything.
    so in this case it would look like your church (well your old church)

  11. #31
    Senior Member OneFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,547
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    I’d like to see the scripture they got that one from.

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2018
    Age
    58
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by OneFaith View Post
    I’d like to see the scripture they got that one from.
    i think it had something to do with the levitical preisthood not being allowed to have a second wife i could be wrong but i think they see the levitial preists as a type of the modern day church?

  13. #33
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,750
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by Speak2Me View Post
    I always thought it was hypocritical when a sinner could be divorced 10 times & get saved & it be alright, but if you're saved & divorce 1 time for any reason, you're out of an office & sometimes outta the church.

    They could forgive a sinner, but not a brother or sister.

    Go figure.

    Traditions of men & full-blown hypocrisy.
    Sinners and Christians are held to different standards. One is not expected to be Christ like while one is still a sinner. But once saved, we are expected to strive towards a higher purpose.
    JosephsDreams and oldethennew like this.

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  14. #34
    Member CeCe0000's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2018
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    That's not true. That may have been a rule thousands of years ago. It is outdated. You can marry again. Maybe you should leave that church. They sound extremely out of date. Everything in the bible is not meant to be followed literally to the T. We have to follow the word but we also have to follow the law. There is no law in the land that says you cannot get married until after your first husband is dead. I hope this helps. And I hope that you find a church that is in the 21st centry & still treats people well & has good sense.

  15. #35
    finaldesire
    Guest

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    Hi can i get some feedback on this problem i divorced my first husband because he abandoned me and was with another woman, i met a christian man and wanted to marry him but i had to leave my church they say that you cant marry untill your first husband dies?
    And also adultery, there are two reasons that you can be free from a marriage. It's all in the bible, so go to that first before you listen to other people.
    HisUnfailingLove likes this.

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2018
    Age
    58
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by CeCe0000 View Post
    That's not true. That may have been a rule thousands of years ago. It is outdated. You can marry again. Maybe you should leave that church. They sound extremely out of date. Everything in the bible is not meant to be followed literally to the T. We have to follow the word but we also have to follow the law. There is no law in the land that says you cannot get married until after your first husband is dead. I hope this helps. And I hope that you find a church that is in the 21st centry & still treats people well & has good sense.
    thankyou for your reply god bless x

  17. #37
    Senior Member notuptome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2013
    Age
    64
    Posts
    10,644
    Rep Power
    163

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by CeCe0000 View Post
    That's not true. That may have been a rule thousands of years ago. It is outdated. You can marry again. Maybe you should leave that church. They sound extremely out of date. Everything in the bible is not meant to be followed literally to the T. We have to follow the word but we also have to follow the law. There is no law in the land that says you cannot get married until after your first husband is dead. I hope this helps. And I hope that you find a church that is in the 21st centry & still treats people well & has good sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by finaldesire View Post
    And also adultery, there are two reasons that you can be free from a marriage. It's all in the bible, so go to that first before you listen to other people.
    God was never in favor of divorce. God allowed divorce because of the hardness of men's hearts.

    Divorce like marriage today is a secular institution. Men's laws regulate both marriage and divorce.

    Divorce would be far less common if people would seek and consult God before marriage not after divorce.

    God does not change but ever remains the same. By Gods mercy we have forgiveness and by Gods mercy we have remarriage. Never enter into either lightly.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    NotmebutHim likes this.
    The bible is a mirror not a magnifying glass
    use it to examine yourself not others.

  18. #38
    Senior Member RickyZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 20th, 2012
    Age
    60
    Posts
    7,750
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    98

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    God was never in favor of divorce. God allowed divorce because of the hardness of men's hearts.

    Divorce like marriage today is a secular institution. Men's laws regulate both marriage and divorce.

    Divorce would be far less common if people would seek and consult God before marriage not after divorce.

    God does not change but ever remains the same. By Gods mercy we have forgiveness and by Gods mercy we have remarriage. Never enter into either lightly.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    I've always believed that couples should have to spend 2 weeks observing divorce court before being issued a marriage license!

    Truth is available only to those who have the courage to question whatever they think they know.

    It's hard to learn anything when you always feel the need to be the expert.

    Mark 7:34 “Ephphatha,” that is, “Be opened.”

  19. #39
    finaldesire
    Guest

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by notuptome View Post
    God was never in favor of divorce. God allowed divorce because of the hardness of men's hearts.

    Divorce like marriage today is a secular institution. Men's laws regulate both marriage and divorce.

    Divorce would be far less common if people would seek and consult God before marriage not after divorce.

    God does not change but ever remains the same. By Gods mercy we have forgiveness and by Gods mercy we have remarriage. Never enter into either lightly.

    For the cause of Christ
    Roger
    For the cause of Christ, amen.

  20. #40
    Senior Member DiscipleDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2012
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,805
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

    Quote Originally Posted by kitty View Post
    Hi can i get some feedback on this problem i divorced my first husband because he abandoned me and was with another woman, i met a christian man and wanted to marry him but i had to leave my church they say that you cant marry untill your first husband dies?
    If he cheated on you, you are free to marry whomever you will.

    ^i^

    ††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

    DiscipleDave
    Heb_5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of Eternal Salvation unto all them that OBEY Him;

    Woe to them who don't obey Him, and still think they have Eternal Salvation

    Email me

    website

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Should l leave my church
    By MarshallJohn in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 26th, 2016, 10:44 PM
  2. I'm going to have to leave my church
    By santuzza in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: June 19th, 2016, 07:12 PM
  3. Being Quick to Leave a Church
    By OwenHeidenreich in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 29th, 2015, 02:43 AM
  4. Should I leave my church?
    By only4Hymn in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: January 6th, 2014, 12:55 PM
  5. God wouldnt allow it...
    By lovedlady in forum Testimonies
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2009, 10:30 AM