Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 558
Like Tree365Likes

Christian Family Forum

Discuss family topics/issues, and give and receive encouragement here.

Thread: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    April 30th, 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    why are there people on this forum (a christian forum) showing their support for same sex marriage. its wrong. praise God a majority of people here still reject and oppose the gay agenda and their immoral turns. but if someone says they support same sex marriage, id automatically say they are not a genuine saved christian, and have fallen for the devils lies. if a person really was a christian the Holy Spirit would have put it in their mind that homosexuality was a sin.
    and please no supporters of this abomination tell me that i have no love or no compassion etc. because quite frankly homosexuality is disgusting and is 100% oppose to God's plan and was not meant to be. God hates sin. this is how true christians should feel in regards to this topic.

  2. #2
    Member simplymeganne's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2011
    Age
    20
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Oh.
    Oh.
    Oh.
    Elizabeth619, bobo and orrrange like this.
    You shall love your crooked neighbor, with all your crooked heart.
    -W.H. Auden

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2011
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,284
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonydisciple View Post
    why are there people on this forum (a christian forum) showing their support for same sex marriage. its wrong. praise God a majority of people here still reject and oppose the gay agenda and their immoral turns. but if someone says they support same sex marriage, id automatically say they are not a genuine saved christian, and have fallen for the devils lies. if a person really was a christian the Holy Spirit would have put it in their mind that homosexuality was a sin.
    and please no supporters of this abomination tell me that i have no love or no compassion etc. because quite frankly homosexuality is disgusting and is 100% oppose to God's plan and was not meant to be. God hates sin. this is how true christians should feel in regards to this topic.

    We have all fallen for temptations of the flesh, while I disagree with same sex marriages, relationships, I also know that I have been defiled in different ways and was abominable to Yahvah God, it is by the blood of Yahshua the Messiah that we are cleaned.

    Do not make it a personal mission to tell others it is disgusting.

    We should show how Yahvah God detests this just as he detests all sin.

    Show how one can be cleansed and given a new incorruptible seed...

    Remember as wise as serpents as gentle as a dove.....

    You will be called much by those that are in the dark.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 15th, 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonydisciple View Post
    why are there people on this forum (a christian forum) showing their support for same sex marriage. its wrong. praise God a majority of people here still reject and oppose the gay agenda and their immoral turns. but if someone says they support same sex marriage, id automatically say they are not a genuine saved christian, and have fallen for the devils lies. if a person really was a christian the Holy Spirit would have put it in their mind that homosexuality was a sin.
    and please no supporters of this abomination tell me that i have no love or no compassion etc. because quite frankly homosexuality is disgusting and is 100% oppose to God's plan and was not meant to be. God hates sin. this is how true christians should feel in regards to this topic.
    Source: Leviticus 18:22


    why are there people on this forum (a christian forum) showing their support for eating crab, shellfish, and lobster. its wrong. praise God a majority of people here still reject and oppose the shellfish agenda and their immoral turns. but if someone says they support eating shellfish, id automatically say they are not a genuine saved christian, and have fallen for the devils lies. if a person really was a christian the Holy Spirit would have put it in their mind that eating lobster was a sin.
    and please no supporters of this abomination tell me that i have no love or no compassion etc. because quite frankly shellfish are disgusting and is 100% oppose to God's plan and was not meant to be. God hates sin. this is how true christians should feel in regards to this topic.
    Source: Leviticus 9-12


    Now remember, if you're going to cite the old testament, you can't pick and choose which parts you wish to obey. If it's the immutable word of God, then it must ALL be considered. If Jesus fulfilled the OT, then you can't cite this to back your convictions anymore, you'll just have to rely on homophobia.

  5. #5
    Senior Member lil_christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2010
    Age
    17
    Posts
    5,872
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    I just "love" it when people imply that some of the things in the Old Testament are no longer relevant, or are not to be taken literally...gives me so much hope for humanity.


    NOT!!!

    I don't see why people are saying it's okay to be gay. And letting them marry won't make it any less of a sin...everyone's going ahead and saying "Go ahead and be gay." but when two people of the opposite gender sleep with each other...it's a sin? Yeahno. Don't support people's sin, people.

    Btw...when people say stuff like this...we're not judging. We're honestly just laying out the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    Last edited by lil_christian; May 25th, 2012 at 12:07 PM.
    Hope sleeps without me
    Her sweet dreams surround me,
    But I'm left out
    I'll need a fix now
    To believe, to feel

    These rooms are dark now
    These halls are hollow,
    And so am I
    She is hard to find now
    To believe, to see

    Hope is what we crave,
    And that will never change
    So I stand and wait
    I need a drop of grace
    To carry me today,
    A simple song to say
    It's written on my soul:
    Hope's what we crave

    ~ For King & Country - "Hope is What We Crave"

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2010
    Age
    23
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    You don't have to agree with same sex attractions to realize equality is right. Personally I have no problem with either but I've known some who disagree but support equality.

  7. #7
    Senior Member wwjd_kilden's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    29,182
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonydisciple View Post
    why are there people on this forum (a christian forum) showing their support for same sex marriage. its wrong. praise God a majority of people here still reject and oppose the gay agenda and their immoral turns. but if someone says they support same sex marriage, id automatically say they are not a genuine saved christian, and have fallen for the devils lies. if a person really was a christian the Holy Spirit would have put it in their mind that homosexuality was a sin.
    and please no supporters of this abomination tell me that i have no love or no compassion etc. because quite frankly homosexuality is disgusting and is 100% oppose to God's plan and was not meant to be. God hates sin. this is how true christians should feel in regards to this topic.
    did you ever, ever, even once in your life call someone a fool?

    But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause[shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.
    bobo and catt like this.
    NEW? Click for general help : Tech support : Prayer requests

    GOD is in the details!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 15th, 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_christian View Post
    I just "love" it when people imply that some of the things in the Old Testament are no longer relevant, or are not to be taken literally...gives me so much hope for humanity.


    NOT!!!

    I don't really understand what you mean here. Are you saying that eating lobster isn't a sin but homosexuality is? I don't want to put words in your mouth here.


    Quote Originally Posted by lil_christian View Post
    I don't see why people are saying it's okay to be gay.
    I don't see why people are saying it's okay to be racist or homophobic either.
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_christian View Post
    And letting them marry won't make it any less of a sin...everyone's going ahead and saying "Go ahead and be gay."
    What I think the real issue is that everyone else is saying "Go ahead and be who you are, no matter if you are gay, straight, bisexual or queer", and the more conservative religious folk understand it as "The liberals are pushing a gay agenda!"
    It's not about giving gays special rights to marry, it's about giving everyone equal rights and not letting the rights of a group of people be stripped because of a particular belief or custom.

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_christian View Post
    but when two people of the opposite gender sleep with each other...it's a sin? Yeahno. Don't support people's sin, people.
    Technically, isn't sex always sinful, except when it's purposefully done to procreate?

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_christian View Post
    Btw...when people say stuff like this...we're not judging. We're honestly just laying out the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    BTW, when the Nazis said stuff like that, they weren't judging. They were just laying out the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

    I'm sure you see how insane it sounds when I say it like that. And before you protest, YES it is appropriate to make the comparison.
    Put All Gays in Death Camps - YouTube
    Pastor Wants Homosexuality Criminalized - YouTube
    "Homosexuals Are Worthy of Death" - YouTube

    If a Muslim isn't judging and was just honestly laying out the whole truth that you would burn in hell and be tortured for eternity, how would you feel about that?

    I think perhaps it would be good for you to think about how the people who are on the receiving end feel about some of the things you say.

    Also, do please remember, what was Jesus' most important commandment? Did it have something to do with love? And now you're telling people they can't love each other if they don't love the same way you do? I think Jesus would feel pretty disappointed if he came back nowadays.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2009
    Age
    36
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex314 View Post
    Source: Leviticus 18:22


    why are there people on this forum (a christian forum) showing their support for eating crab, shellfish, and lobster. its wrong. praise God a majority of people here still reject and oppose the shellfish agenda and their immoral turns. but if someone says they support eating shellfish, id automatically say they are not a genuine saved christian, and have fallen for the devils lies. if a person really was a christian the Holy Spirit would have put it in their mind that eating lobster was a sin.
    and please no supporters of this abomination tell me that i have no love or no compassion etc. because quite frankly shellfish are disgusting and is 100% oppose to God's plan and was not meant to be. God hates sin. this is how true christians should feel in regards to this topic.
    Source: Leviticus 9-12

    There is no need to bring the Old Testament into discussion. Homosexuality is referred to as sin in the New Testament as well.
    "A moderated religion is as good for us as no religion at all—and more amusing."
    ( C.S.Lewis, The Screwtape Letters )



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2009
    Age
    36
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankensteinGirls View Post
    equality is right.
    Homosexuals have the right to marry - someone of the opposite sex, just like everybody else.
    "A moderated religion is as good for us as no religion at all—and more amusing."
    ( C.S.Lewis, The Screwtape Letters )



  11. #11
    Banned [Reason: Continual promoting of gay marriage, gay agenda.]
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonydisciple View Post
    why are there people on this forum (a christian forum) showing their support for same sex marriage. its wrong. praise God a majority of people here still reject and oppose the gay agenda and their immoral turns. but if someone says they support same sex marriage, id automatically say they are not a genuine saved christian, and have fallen for the devils lies. if a person really was a christian the Holy Spirit would have put it in their mind that homosexuality was a sin.
    and please no supporters of this abomination tell me that i have no love or no compassion etc. because quite frankly homosexuality is disgusting and is 100% oppose to God's plan and was not meant to be. God hates sin. this is how true christians should feel in regards to this topic.
    I show my support for it because:

    1. I don't think anyone has any right to tell two grown consenting individuals who they can and cannot marry or be with.

    2. It doesn't affect anyone in a physical way if two men or women go down to a court house and get a marriage license.

    3. I've got bigger things to worry about then said individuals.

  12. #12
    frankleespeaking
    Guest

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonydisciple View Post
    why are there people on this forum (a christian forum) showing their support for same sex marriage. its wrong. praise God a majority of people here still reject and oppose the gay agenda and their immoral turns. but if someone says they support same sex marriage, id automatically say they are not a genuine saved christian, and have fallen for the devils lies. if a person really was a christian the Holy Spirit would have put it in their mind that homosexuality was a sin.
    and please no supporters of this abomination tell me that i have no love or no compassion etc. because quite frankly homosexuality is disgusting and is 100% oppose to God's plan and was not meant to be. God hates sin. this is how true christians should feel in regards to this topic.

    The book of Jude is all about the christianity you just described, more christians should read it, then read it again, then reread it, maybe even memorize it, its a short book that makes many things perfectly clear......I am in agreement with you, how can one claim to abide in Christ, yet stand for what the Father is totally against
    cody38, Chadtreme and John_agape like this.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Btw...when people say stuff like this...we're not judging. We're honestly just laying out the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    One's truth is based on perception that's why some people think homosexuality and gay marriage are acceptable because their truth is different from ur truth. I'm on here to understand a truth that is different than my own and in the process have not been harassed or discriminated against in any way which I'm grateful for. However, attempt to understand our position. Many LGBT people aren't interested in forcing anyone to perform wedding ceremonies and frankly most LGBT people don't want to have their wedding in a church. LGBT people simply want to have the same SECULAR rights as other people have to live their lives as they wish.

    And to Tonydisciple, I think heterosexuality is as disgusting as u think homosexuality is. It's all a matter of perspective

  14. #14
    Senior Member tribesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,351
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Regardless of various arguments to and fro, for or against, same sex marriage is an abomination to God and those who justify it are partakers of that sin. Nuff' said.
    Matt.6:14-15 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

    A perfect faith is nowhere to be found, so it follows that all of us are partly unbelievers. - John Calvin

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    February 17th, 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Tribesman, not all people who support gay marriage are LGBT there are many straight people who support it as well, they certainly don't partake of the sin of homosexuality, theyre heterosexual
    Wesley and catt like this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member wwjd_kilden's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    29,182
    Rep Power
    39

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    why are people trying to make this black and white?

    yes it is a sin
    but ALL sin sin leads to death
    so if A is living as a gay, and B is not, but constantly swears, they are both doomed if they do not have the blood of christ

    We have ALL sinned....

  17. #17
    Senior Member tribesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,351
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by jack4022 View Post
    Tribesman, not all people who support gay marriage are LGBT there are many straight people who support it as well, they certainly don't partake of the sin of homosexuality, theyre heterosexual
    If they enable and justify that wickedness, they too become abominations.
    Prov.17

    [15] He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
    Rom.1

    [18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    [19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    [20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
    [21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    [22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
    [23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
    [24] Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    [25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    [26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    [27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    [28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    [29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    [30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    [31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
    Matt.6:14-15 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

    A perfect faith is nowhere to be found, so it follows that all of us are partly unbelievers. - John Calvin

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2009
    Age
    36
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    why are people trying to make this black and white?
    Because it is. And the seriousness of the matter lies in the answer you gave: ALL sin leads to death (eternal). As a Christian, do you think it right to encourage sin in any way?
    "A moderated religion is as good for us as no religion at all—and more amusing."
    ( C.S.Lewis, The Screwtape Letters )



  19. #19
    Senior Member tribesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2011
    Age
    49
    Posts
    3,351
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    why are people trying to make this black and white?

    yes it is a sin
    but ALL sin sin leads to death
    so if A is living as a gay, and B is not, but constantly swears, they are both doomed if they do not have the blood of christ

    We have ALL sinned....
    That is a typical counterargument, which does not hold water.

    Everything that goes against God's law is sin (1John3:4). That is what the law says and it can not be altered since not one jot or tittle of the law shall pass away as long as heaven and earth stands (Matt.5:17-20). If we look to the consequences of various sins and their penalties however and compare that with the sin of for example homosexuality, we will find big differences. A reason for this is of course that many sins would include other sins as well and have more effect on other people and elsewhere. Hence the suitable punishment for them

    As far as homosexuality is concerned it is not only said to be a sin, but an abomination. It is also mentioned as a sign of reprobation in Rom.1:18-32, where God sends this wicked behavior as a punishment for other sins. These are some factors that has convinced many Bible interpreters throughout history that the sin of homosexuality (when elevated to normative acceptance) is somewhat of a dividing line or an indicator that the final border has now been crossed to the point of no return. Once this sin is embraced and legalized by society it would eventually mean the end of that society, its culture, and possibly even its people.

    The situation today in the west combined with massive apostasy, revivalism of paganism plus massive influx of non-christian religions and its settlers puts the remaining traditional christians there at an alarming balance. In that situation christians should "not follow a multitude to do evil" (Exo.23:2) but rather, whenever possible, make a positive stand for the values and heritage that once made their countries prosperous. The former blessings of the "christian west" is turning over into curses because of its apostasy and lukewarmness (Mal.2:2). Heresies and false teachers abound as a result. It is time to show seriousness with repentance, not to say "OK" to more sin, just because nearly any and all other sins are viewed as "OK" by the big crowd. That would only be the straw that broke the camel's back.
    Last edited by tribesman; May 25th, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
    Matt.6:14-15 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

    A perfect faith is nowhere to be found, so it follows that all of us are partly unbelievers. - John Calvin

  20. #20
    Senior Member lil_christian's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2010
    Age
    17
    Posts
    5,872
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Same sex marriage is an abomination and if you support it you are not a christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex314 View Post
    I don't really understand what you mean here. Are you saying that eating lobster isn't a sin but homosexuality is? I don't want to put words in your mouth here.
    I haven't even ate lobster...besides what is law and what is sin are two different things.



    Quote Originally Posted by Alex314
    I don't see why people are saying it's okay to be racist or homophobic either.
    It's not okay to be racist. It's not okay to be all like "Gays go to hell no matter what, they're not human, blah blah blah." because gays need to be loved too. They need to be loved with a Christ-like love. Okay, being gay is not THE ULTIMATE sin. But it shouldn't be encouraged, that's for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex314
    What I think the real issue is that everyone else is saying "Go ahead and be who you are, no matter if you are gay, straight, bisexual or queer", and the more conservative religious folk understand it as "The liberals are pushing a gay agenda!"
    It's not about giving gays special rights to marry, it's about giving everyone equal rights and not letting the rights of a group of people be stripped because of a particular belief or custom.
    Have you ever thought it's never been approved of because it's wrong?


    Quote Originally Posted by Alex314
    Technically, isn't sex always sinful, except when it's purposefully done to procreate?
    Umm...no? Sexual immorality (having sex outside of marriage, adultery, and yes, homosexuality) is sin. Period. We need to flee from it. Period.


    Quote Originally Posted by Alex314
    BTW, when the Nazis said stuff like that, they weren't judging. They were just laying out the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
    Yeah, well, the Nazis were nutso. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex314
    I'm sure you see how insane it sounds when I say it like that. And before you protest, YES it is appropriate to make the comparison.
    Put All Gays in Death Camps - YouTube
    Pastor Wants Homosexuality Criminalized - YouTube
    "Homosexuals Are Worthy of Death" - YouTube
    And those things are very wrong. That is what you call blowing things out of proportion. No one should hate ANYONE like that. I don't agree with the gay lifestyle, I don't support it, I don't like it. But that doesn't mean I hate them. And it DEFINITELY doesn't mean I'm gonna go saying, "Gays need to be put in death camps." No! That's just straight-up wrong! And they need to put their heads back on straight. Man I couldn't imagine saying something like that to anyone...

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex314
    If a Muslim isn't judging and was just honestly laying out the whole truth that you would burn in hell and be tortured for eternity, how would you feel about that?
    See...I'd ask God about that one. I know I'm a Christian, I have the Truth in me. And I know that that Muslim would not be speaking truth. I know that with you being non-Christian and not believing in God, for you Christianity more than likely falls under the same category as Bhuddism and Hinduism and Islam. It's all religion. No difference between those religions. Religion is religion. But honestly, Christianity is way different. I wish I could explain everything about Christianity a lot better. But unfortunately, I can't.

    I'm not saying that gays are eternally doomed. Surely their lifestyle won't get them any closer to the Kingdom of God, but I'm not sure it'd make them totally doomed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex314
    I think perhaps it would be good for you to think about how the people who are on the receiving end feel about some of the things you say.
    I'm honestly simply saying that it's sin. And it shouldn't be supported. The Old Testament is still valid. Along with the New Testament. I've been on the receiving end of "This is sin and you need to stop it." plenty of times. And with God's help, I will overcome my sins. I will let Jesus be Lord over all of my life. Because honestly, me running my own life isn't going so hot. Not saying that life is all easy and nothing goes wrong when I let Jesus be Lord over my life, but it's easier to overcome what life throws at you. Because it's not our strength, but His. And His strength is perfect.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex314
    Also, do please remember, what was Jesus' most important commandment? Did it have something to do with love? And now you're telling people they can't love each other if they don't love the same way you do? I think Jesus would feel pretty disappointed if he came back nowadays.
    Yes, Jesus did call us to love one another. But do you know what the Bible says is love? It's not a romantic love. But a Christ-like love.

    1 Corinthians 13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

    The Excellence of Love

    13 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
    4 Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
    8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part; 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 13 But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

    And see, THAT'S the love the Bible commands us to have. Now you can cherry-pick it, highlight what you want out of it...but the Scripture still stands. That's the kind of love Jesus wants us to have between one another.

    Though I do agree...Jesus would feel extremely disappointed in us. And He does. And I'm definitely not excluding myself outta this one. Because I know for a fact I'm not perfect. And just because I'm saying that doing A or B is a sin, and shouldn't be supported, doesn't mean I'm holier than them.
    Marcella, TheAristocat, mm and 2 others like this.
    Hope sleeps without me
    Her sweet dreams surround me,
    But I'm left out
    I'll need a fix now
    To believe, to feel

    These rooms are dark now
    These halls are hollow,
    And so am I
    She is hard to find now
    To believe, to see

    Hope is what we crave,
    And that will never change
    So I stand and wait
    I need a drop of grace
    To carry me today,
    A simple song to say
    It's written on my soul:
    Hope's what we crave

    ~ For King & Country - "Hope is What We Crave"

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast