Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 109
Like Tree104Likes

Christian Music Forum

Share Christian music videos and Christian songs right here!

Thread: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

  1. #21
    Senior Member Innerfire89's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    No worries, it's not that big of a deal.
    posthuman likes this.

  2. #22
    Senior Member posthuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2013
    Age
    40
    Posts
    14,725
    Rep Power
    235

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Quote Originally Posted by PrynceNY View Post
    Rock music still has occult orgins regardless of the lyrics excuse people want to make.

    let's get our facts straight: rock music evolved in the 1940's and 50's from genres predominantly culturally African American, specifically gospel, jazz, blues & uptempo sub-genres of these. plus some country influence/folk influence. all of these contributing genres have histories both in secular and sacred themes, with the exception of gospel which is purely non-secular, thematically.

    is there a race card in this deck? wouldn't doubt it, but it's probably not the central driving motivation.

    satanism is not & never was the driving creative force of the very broad category of musical arrangement, composition and instrumentation that we call "rock" today, regardless of what handful or prominent musicians with occultic ties you may produce.
    Innerfire89 likes this.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2016
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    let's get our facts straight: rock music evolved in the 1940's and 50's from genres predominantly culturally African American, specifically gospel, jazz, blues & uptempo sub-genres of these. plus some country influence/folk influence. all of these contributing genres have histories both in secular and sacred themes, with the exception of gospel which is purely non-secular, thematically. is there a race card in this deck? wouldn't doubt it, but it's probably not the central driving motivation. satanism is not & never was the driving creative force of the very broad category of musical arrangement, composition and instrumentation that we call "rock" today, regardless of what handful or prominent musicians with occultic ties you may produce.
    There are countless musicians in the rock genre who spoke about relying on spirits either through the process of making music or performing it. Even the famous Jimi Hendrix spoke about it. Yet people will constantly defend rock music , lol. If you personally enjoy it that's fine it's your personal preference

  4. #24
    Senior Member posthuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2013
    Age
    40
    Posts
    14,725
    Rep Power
    235

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Innerfire89 View Post
    No worries, it's not that big of a deal.
    Yay

    "How good and pleasant when brothers dwell together in unity"
    kaijo and Innerfire89 like this.

  5. #25
    Senior Member posthuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2013
    Age
    40
    Posts
    14,725
    Rep Power
    235

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Quote Originally Posted by PrynceNY View Post
    There are countless musicians in the rock genre who spoke about relying on spirits either through the process of making music or performing it. Even the famous Jimi Hendrix spoke about it. Yet people will constantly defend rock music , lol. If you personally enjoy it that's fine it's your personal preference
    Countless musicians who also profess Christ too. What you said is equally applicable to classical music.

    Thanks for completely ignoring what I tried to bring to your attention. Some more advice: you'll have a far easier time trying to specifically associate black metal as a musical style with occult origins, having to ignore fewer facts to do so. But it's just as easy to poke holes in that argument.

    Didn't Jesus say "stop judging by appearance!" ?
    The truth isn't a matter of personal preference.
    kaijo likes this.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,795
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Because someone makes a claim does not make it truth, N.Y.
    There was a Christian comedian years ago that claimed to c9me out of Satanism and write a book chronicling his experiences in the occult. It eventually came out that he was never involved in the occult and it was all made up.
    Or The book written about the child that claimed he went to heaven and came back. Lie. People say things because it works to gain recognition.
    I once spoke with some band members that had occult imagery all over their lyrics, covers and shirts. They also admitted it was all for show. Only one member in the group had any involvement in the occult. The rest were atheists or agnostics.
    Ozzy sent his kids to Catholic school.

    Also when one speaks he can only speak for himself. And even if a number of them are honest, which is doubtful, to indicate that this determines the roots and spirit behind a genre of music is not logical.
    There were openly occult classical composers, so does that mean classical is satanic?
    So many flaws in those quick to condemn.

    I also notice you bypassed a direct response to post about his statements. I would be interested in your counter-argument against what he said, rather than a misdirection in an effort to escape something you have no argument against. Because his argument goes back to the roots if the music, your counterpoint was to loosely reference a few specific artists. You'll have to do better than that.
    kaijo likes this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2016
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,219
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    Countless musicians who also profess Christ too. What you said is equally applicable to classical music. Thanks for completely ignoring what I tried to bring to your attention. Some more advice: you'll have a far easier time trying to specifically associate black metal as a musical style with occult origins, having to ignore fewer facts to do so. But it's just as easy to poke holes in that argument. Didn't Jesus say "stop judging by appearance!" ? The truth isn't a matter of personal preference.
    Didnt Jesus say judge righteous judgement? Some the worlds most famous musicians such as The Beatles & Elvis have been expose for a long time now for using demonic sources for there music. If you want to dig and bury for the few who may be christian be my guess, lol. Btw i never singled out rock music being the only genre with occult backgrounds im sure others are as well.

  8. #28
    Senior Member tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2014
    Age
    62
    Posts
    16,675
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    273

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    If this type of music is hindering your spiritual walk then maybe it's best if you avoid it.
    M & M's melt in your mouth and not in your hands.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Innerfire89's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    It's not that hiders my walk or ever has, when I made the decision to accept Christ as the lord of my life those songs begain to disgust me, I want to instruct others in righteousness, to help them spetate from that old sinnful nature and to live for the eternal.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,102
    Rep Power
    45

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    I don't think rock music is inherently bad. It all depends on the lyrical content. I'm a huge metal head. Napalm Death is my favorite hardcore metal band.
    Despite the name they're actually anti-war and anti-violence. They also tallk about various human rights issues
    blue_ladybug and Innerfire89 like this.
    I am the one who knocks!

  11. #31
    Senior Member 1ofthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2016
    Age
    36
    Posts
    781
    Rep Power
    38

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    I was taught to believe that all non-gospel music (not just rock, but country, jazz, pop, R and B, what have you) was bad to listen to once you became a Christian. My boy friend believes totally different, and that God can work in any type of song. Took me a while to understand him, but he is right. I think it really just depends upon the lyrics and what kind of mind set those lyrics put you in. Sometimes the most unlikely songs can have a deeper meaning and some spiritual lessons in them.
    BeyondET and kaijo like this.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Reminds me of John Todd on how the some of the major record companies would get the master recording and do ritials on it



    check it out
    Innerfire89 likes this.

  13. #33
    Senior Member kaijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1ofthem View Post
    I was taught to believe that all non-gospel music (not just rock, but country, jazz, pop, R and B, what have you) was bad to listen to once you became a Christian. My boy friend believes totally different, and that God can work in any type of song. Took me a while to understand him, but he is right. I think it really just depends upon the lyrics and what kind of mind set those lyrics put you in. Sometimes the most unlikely songs can have a deeper meaning and some spiritual lessons in them.
    Thats right.

    Not "Everyone" is at the same level of "spiritual maturity" as the next person.

    One person may "wield" the "Sword of Truth" (that is...to "speak strongly" against the enemy, using the Word)...and yet "lack" the "Armour of God" (that is...to be "easily influenced" by the "darts" of the wicked one).

    If u lack the Armour... then ... darts that come flying from certain music... can be harmful to those, on their "walk".

    But IF u have both the Sword and the Armour, then well...you could probably listen to a band such as FROST LIKE ASHES ... and "come out" completely unscathed ^^.

    In the case of Frost Like Ashes.... sometimes a "bucket of water" isnt enuff to quench a "Blazing Inferno".
    Sometimes it takes a "Whirlwind" and "Hailstorm" to stop it in its tracks ^^".

    Remember He said something like.. "Be as wise as serpents, yet as harmless as lambs"
    BeyondET and 1ofthem like this.

  14. #34
    Senior Member MaranathaSoonQuick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2010
    Age
    27
    Posts
    919
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    doves, I agree that the historical background and message of the named rock and roll and i'm going to say anyone who isn't singing for the Glory of God, is not spiritually beneficial and does hinder our walks no matter how we try to seek justification in what is full of confusion and ways seemingly fitting for our eyes to admire. Is it pleasing to you, or does it embrace Jesus Christ?
    The words of every man are lies, so and so was right when he said you cannot drink out of both cups because you cannot serve God and mammon.
    Innerfire89 likes this.
    Luke 6:40New King James Version (NKJV)

    40 A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher.

  15. #35
    BeyondET
    Guest

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    1ofthem likes this.

  16. #36
    BeyondET
    Guest

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaranathaSoonQuick View Post
    doves, I agree that the historical background and message of the named rock and roll and i'm going to say anyone who isn't singing for the Glory of God, is not spiritually beneficial and does hinder our walks no matter how we try to seek justification in what is full of confusion and ways seemingly fitting for our eyes to admire. Is it pleasing to you, or does it embrace Jesus Christ?
    The words of every man are lies, so and so was right when he said you cannot drink out of both cups because you cannot serve God and mammon.
    And you've been doped by false rabbits taking you done false holes, now everytime you see the words rock and roll your mind thinks of sex and lust and perversion, you no longer think of swing dancing, rhythm and blues, a boat rocking and rolling on a ocean. That is exactly how evil wins over you, to get you believing in false crap so that you think of it everytime you see rock and roll cafe or were ever you see it or hear it. you've been snowed.
    1ofthem likes this.

  17. #37
    BeyondET
    Guest

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Paisley_buddie View Post
    Reminds me of John Todd on how the some of the major record companies would get the master recording and do ritials on it


    check it out
    John Todd was convicted for child molestation, you like YouTube vids here you go.

    1ofthem likes this.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Innerfire89's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2017
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Hey there beyondET, I did a quick study of Frost Like Ashes, not quite sure what to make out of them, they're a Christian band, then a read the lyrics to their song Lord of Darkness. The song seems to piant a picture of God the lord and giver of darkness and that He can fulfill ones disire for darkness, maybe I don't get what metal is about.

    Anyhow, if something is evil then it's evil, you can take the lyrics of a song and put them into a godly context, but the song itself is still evil and can't be supported for what it really is.
    Like when John Lennon sings" I really want to see you lord" he's singing about Krishna, every time that song is played Krishna is worshiped.

    Now you say evil wins when we separate from what we are convinced is evil, but would it not be much more effective for Satan to convince us that what is evil is accutaly good? Because then we would be embracing evil, we would be deceaved. It's better to sacrifice something that will just fade away anyhow for the sake of righteousness.

  19. #39
    Senior Member kaijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Innerfire89 View Post
    Hey there beyondET, I did a quick study of Frost Like Ashes, not quite sure what to make out of them, they're a Christian band, then a read the lyrics to their song Lord of Darkness. The song seems to piant a picture of God the lord and giver of darkness and that He can fulfill ones disire for darkness, maybe I don't get what metal is about.
    See...thats the thing.

    Everyone has a different level of understanding. Some more than others.

    If u can only think "one step ahead"...then u can only make "so much" of what is being said.

    "That" song (Lord of Darkness) is about...2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

    9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

    ...And so...To those ones who absolutely REFUSE to acknowledge HIM in the "last days"...HE will cause them to be Greatly Deceived...living in Total Darkness (Spiritually). That is ...what ppl like to call ..the "Great Deception" of the "end times".
    1ofthem likes this.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2017
    Age
    36
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Rock n roll is devils music! Seriously though.

    Quote Originally Posted by BeyondET View Post
    John Todd was convicted for child molestation, you like YouTube vids here you go.

    Sounds like he got decommisioned supposed its better than being suicided

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I Believe In Rock and Roll
    By Miri in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: December 12th, 2016, 02:24 AM
  2. Rock N Roll: just music or the devil's music?
    By blindncool in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: May 14th, 2014, 01:40 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 13th, 2014, 02:51 AM
  4. Rock and Roll?
    By Narn in forum Christian Young Adults Forum
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: June 12th, 2012, 01:41 PM
  5. rock and roll is wicked
    By roaringkitten in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 151
    Last Post: October 20th, 2009, 10:50 PM