Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57
Like Tree36Likes

Christian Music Forum

Share Christian music videos and Christian songs right here!

Thread: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    The new Cannibal Corpse album came out a couple months ago. It's a decent album. Nothing really spectacular but their music has always been pretty basic. But they're still relevant after 30 years or so they must be doing something right. The new Napalm Death album will be out sometime early next year. I hope they go back to their old sound like on Harmony corruption and Utopia banished..
    I remember Alice Cooper talking about other musicians were coming to him and asking him how he kicked his alcohol have it so hopefully he will encourage others as well.
    Lol oh not trying to trash them, just death and black metal never were my thing. For me it's not that it's like ohhh it's anti-religious or evil or any of that, it's just too cheesy lol or perhaps just not my cheesy style lol. Lol makes me think this is dated now too, but death metal always makes me think of Metalocalypse lol.



    Well I could be wrong but from what I understand Alice Cooper and his coming to Christianity is a bit different than Dave Mustaine's, which is why I thought it a sorta interesting comparison. Cooper is more private about Christianity though opening up more later in his life, and frankly it's been I while since I updated myself on him. From what I remember Cooper didn't necessarily quit drinking alcohol and become a Christian, I think he quit drinking first I mean like you said, he's lucky not to have died, but at the time I don't think he was Christian. He was Christian for a while but kept it lowkey and then from what I understand publicly declared himself a Christian in the 2000s. Mindful he is older than Mustaine.

    Mustaine is interesting though since he converted he has kinda been a lil more stricter and conservative/orthodox from what I have read and seen. Also whereas many old time rockers and stars if they are Christian kinda downplay it he is pretty staunch. From what I understand he has refused to play certain songs, has been fairly vocal and strong on pertinent Christian and conservative social and political issues like the whole gay marriage stuff and all that obvious standing against it on biblical grounds and so forth. Lol kind of funny really to think about in light of the argument over whether Mustaine and Christianity. More conservative Christians reject him out of hand because it's metal, and yet he himself is more conservative outside of the music like them whereas his secular fanbase and those within Christendom that would accept him are a lot more liberal compared to Mustaine's personal, political, religious, and social views.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    20,474
    Rep Power
    260

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by MattforJesus View Post
    Blah,blah,blah.

    Christian is as Christian does.

    You will know them by their fruits.

    Dave Mustaine still cares about his stupid metal band,which as a Christian should give it up,for love not the world or the things in the world.

    And also he does concerts with other metal bands,including that stupid Slayer band that does not give a rats butt about God.

    So how is that for a Christian.Mingle with the devil but you are still right with God,which does not give a whole lot of credit to Dave.

    But people who claim to be liberal do not care with their relaxed ways,and even a lot of people that claim conservative do not care with their relaxed ways.

    Welcome to the end time folks where the majority of people who claim to be with Christ,do not care to act like Christ.

    Which means they are ashamed of Christ,for they do not like to represent His ways.

    So blah,blah,blah,with that Dave Mustaine bullcrap,who does not care about the will of God.

    God said they profess they know Him,but in works they deny Him,by their worldly ways,all the while thinking,oh look at me I am living for God.

    Think again thou hypocrite.
    So Christian bands should only be for Christians? And not spread the gospel? So when a Christian band plays in a bar and talks about God that's a sin? Or when a Christian band plays with a larger secular band and gets their message out to more people that's a sin?
    You sound like the kind of person that would've kicked hippies out of the church for being dirty and not looking right. You reek of the stench of religion and ignorance and outdated manmade traditions.
    And you dare judge a man by what Your standards of being Christian are, based off of two pieces of information? That you approach with bias? And then have the nerve to call others hypocrites? Does the word Pharisee mean anything to you? It should.
    What allures and arouses the heart we can't figure out
    But it's the quickest way to account for what we prize
    And are most proud about
    These gods make promises but always lie to us
    The kinds of lies that says they'll keep us safe and satisfy us
    We blame the lies outside of us
    But it's the lie that lies inside that captures the depth of desires and false messiahs

    ~Beautiful Eulogy - Messiah~


  3. #43
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    Lol oh not trying to trash them, just death and black metal never were my thing. For me it's not that it's like ohhh it's anti-religious or evil or any of that, it's just too cheesy lol or perhaps just not my cheesy style lol. Lol makes me think this is dated now too, but death metal always makes me think of Metalocalypse lol.



    Well I could be wrong but from what I understand Alice Cooper and his coming to Christianity is a bit different than Dave Mustaine's, which is why I thought it a sorta interesting comparison. Cooper is more private about Christianity though opening up more later in his life, and frankly it's been I while since I updated myself on him. From what I remember Cooper didn't necessarily quit drinking alcohol and become a Christian, I think he quit drinking first I mean like you said, he's lucky not to have died, but at the time I don't think he was Christian. He was Christian for a while but kept it lowkey and then from what I understand publicly declared himself a Christian in the 2000s. Mindful he is older than Mustaine.

    Mustaine is interesting though since he converted he has kinda been a lil more stricter and conservative/orthodox from what I have read and seen. Also whereas many old time rockers and stars if they are Christian kinda downplay it he is pretty staunch. From what I understand he has refused to play certain songs, has been fairly vocal and strong on pertinent Christian and conservative social and political issues like the whole gay marriage stuff and all that obvious standing against it on biblical grounds and so forth. Lol kind of funny really to think about in light of the argument over whether Mustaine and Christianity. More conservative Christians reject him out of hand because it's metal, and yet he himself is more conservative outside of the music like them whereas his secular fanbase and those within Christendom that would accept him are a lot more liberal compared to Mustaine's personal, political, religious, and social views.
    Metalocalypse.
    I never really watch the show all that much but they were actually a pretty decent band. Too bad they only made 3 albums.
    Mustaine is always been Stern. I remember his band members talking about how he demanded nothing but the utmost professionalism. I remember he refused to play at one venue because there was a band called Rotting Christ on the venue. Dave Mustaine has always been a gluteus maximus but he is a consummate professional.
    seems like I remember Alice Cooper's father was a Catholic priest
    Ezekiel8 likes this.
    We're all Negan

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    I don't remember this band but they sound pretty good. The vocals are good and the music is solid.
    Yea they were not very popular in the eighties but I thought they rocked, power of the night probably their best album but really their first 5 or 6 was just as good, sirens album 83, dungeons are calling, gutter ballot, hall of the mountain king,


  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    the lead guitarist of Savatage "Cris Oliva" died in 93 at a young age of 30, He diffently was a talented Guitar Player.


  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Metalocalypse.
    I never really watch the show all that much but they were actually a pretty decent band. Too bad they only made 3 albums.
    Mustaine is always been Stern. I remember his band members talking about how he demanded nothing but the utmost professionalism. I remember he refused to play at one venue because there was a band called Rotting Christ on the venue. Dave Mustaine has always been a gluteus maximus but he is a consummate professional.
    seems like I remember Alice Cooper's father was a Catholic priest
    Haha I only seen the first two seasons, it was more popular at the start of this decade. It was pretty funny for a dude very blatantly parodying death metal to make some good sounding death metal lol. Kinda of a more personal thing for me lol all the rocker and punk rocker type peoples my age of course the show parodying them too but they love it lol, it just makes it funnier.

    Ha ha I know the sentiment that Dave Mustaine is an ass many metal fans feel that way about him, but I personally don't. Even if he were not Christian I still kinda see a justification for his strong personality. Bands, especially the older ones and their dramas are funny like that for my generation. For the older folks there's real splits based on old band dramas, but for us it's just kinda fun lil lore. Mustaine and Metallica's split is where a lot of that narrative comes from I think lol, the split between hardcore Metallica fans and Megadeth fans. I think from a certain logic one could point out had Mustaine never had his strong personality and left then you'd ironically never have Meegadeth nor Metallica as each really became famous for in their own rights.

    Yes also Dave's refusal to play with some of the larping neopagans is what I was meaning by his more conservative personal views. Kinda ironic given more conservative Christians are sketch on him for being metal still, but then at the same time Dave is actually intellectually more akin to them than say you or I whom if you pardon my assumption are lil more liberal in our musical tastes.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    Haha I only seen the first two seasons, it was more popular at the start of this decade. It was pretty funny for a dude very blatantly parodying death metal to make some good sounding death metal lol. Kinda of a more personal thing for me lol all the rocker and punk rocker type peoples my age of course the show parodying them too but they love it lol, it just makes it funnier.

    Ha ha I know the sentiment that Dave Mustaine is an ass many metal fans feel that way about him, but I personally don't. Even if he were not Christian I still kinda see a justification for his strong personality. Bands, especially the older ones and their dramas are funny like that for my generation. For the older folks there's real splits based on old band dramas, but for us it's just kinda fun lil lore. Mustaine and Metallica's split is where a lot of that narrative comes from I think lol, the split between hardcore Metallica fans and Megadeth fans. I think from a certain logic one could point out had Mustaine never had his strong personality and left then you'd ironically never have Meegadeth nor Metallica as each really became famous for in their own rights.

    Yes also Dave's refusal to play with some of the larping neopagans is what I was meaning by his more conservative personal views. Kinda ironic given more conservative Christians are sketch on him for being metal still, but then at the same time Dave is actually intellectually more akin to them than say you or I whom if you pardon my assumption are lil more liberal in our musical tastes.
    Ran out of time on edit above ^ :

    Also yes I knew Alice Cooper's father was a minister or something like that, did not know he was Catholic though interesting. It's kinda an interesting trope within Christendom. A lot of the older folks from Catholic homes rebel then come back and usually are more introverted about it, a prodigal son mentality I guess, just glad to be home. You have people then like Dave Mustaine that did not grow up in Christian families but rather surrounded by cults, so when they come to Christianity they tend to be a lil more extroverted even sometimes to the point of being maybe a lil bit aggressive for the faith. Personally I see nothing wrong with either way hot or cold, just glad to see some ground gained for the Lord in this battlefield for ears and minds.
    IamWhoIam likes this.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel8 View Post
    Ran out of time on edit above ^ :

    Also yes I knew Alice Cooper's father was a minister or something like that, did not know he was Catholic though interesting. It's kinda an interesting trope within Christendom. A lot of the older folks from Catholic homes rebel then come back and usually are more introverted about it, a prodigal son mentality I guess, just glad to be home. You have people then like Dave Mustaine that did not grow up in Christian families but rather surrounded by cults, so when they come to Christianity they tend to be a lil more extroverted even sometimes to the point of being maybe a lil bit aggressive for the faith. Personally I see nothing wrong with either way hot or cold, just glad to see some ground gained for the Lord in this battlefield for ears and minds.
    heres a cool interview with Alice cooper speaking on his faith.

    pckts and Ezekiel8 like this.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    404
    Rep Power
    1

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by IamWhoIam View Post
    heres a cool interview with Alice cooper speaking on his faith.

    Good find! Pretty great interview really that covers the bases of the discussion both for Alice Cooper as an individual and also wider in the lens of Christianity and metal/rock.
    IamWhoIam likes this.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    N_040113A8.jpg
    This is Brendon Small, the actual vocalist of Dethklok. I believe the name of his cartoon counterpart was Nathan Explosion.
    But like you said it's funny how he did this to parody death metal but actually produced some pretty good death metal
    Ezekiel8 likes this.
    We're all Negan

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2016
    Age
    30
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    2

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    i love him and had a dream about him

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2013
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,204
    Rep Power
    48

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by Dude653 View Post
    Metallica hasn't done anything decent in at least 20 years. I believe the last Megadeth album was dystopia. It was a pretty good album
    Believe me I know Metallica and only like their underground/old stuff... Garage Days re-revisited, Kill 'EM All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, last good album was And Justice for all. Anything after that is useless starting with the Black Album although some say it was ok to me that was sold out.... I have never listened to the album you are talking about and never will... But I am a diehard metalhead... from the 70's and 80's lol...lol...
    Last edited by mcubed; November 24th, 2017 at 10:32 PM.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by mcubed View Post
    Believe me I know Metallica and only like their underground/old stuff... Garage Days re-revisited, Kill 'EM All, Ride the Lightning, last good album was And Justice for all. Anything after that is useless starting with the Black Album although some say it was ok to me that was sold out.... I have never listened to the album you are talking about and never will... But I am a diehard metalhead... from the 70's and 80's lol...lol...
    The Black Album was a huge disappointment. My friends and I had a eagerly anticipated this album for months. We even met the UPS truck at the record store The Day of its release. So we hurry back to my friends house to have a Metallica listening party and the album was crap
    mcubed likes this.
    We're all Negan

  14. #54
    Senior Member Socreta93's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2015
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,819
    Blog Entries
    16
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by mcubed View Post
    Believe me I know Metallica and only like their underground/old stuff... Garage Days re-revisited, Kill 'EM All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, last good album was And Justice for all. Anything after that is useless starting with the Black Album although some say it was ok to me that was sold out.... I have never listened to the album you are talking about and never will... But I am a diehard metalhead... from the 70's and 80's lol...lol...
    Funny how the only song casual people know of Metallica is Enter Sandman. I think it's a good song but far from their best. I love Fade to Black, One and Master Of Puppets. Basically mid to late 1980's
    “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.”
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



    "Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia

  15. #55
    Senior Member Devoted2JC's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2011
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,210
    Rep Power
    16

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    I still listen to Megadeth when I'm in the mood.
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) -:¦:- ¸.•*¨)
    (¸-:¦:-.•
    Devoted2JC *´¨)
    (¸.•´-:¦:- (¸.•* "Just reach out and He'll reach in Take your broken heart and make it whole again
    It don't matter who you are or where you've been Just reach out, and He'll reach in."
    -:¦:- ¸.•*¨) Petra

  16. #56
    Senior Member Dude653's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2011
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7,865
    Rep Power
    73

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    There's always been a bit of a rivalry between Metallica and Megadeth fans. I'm in the megadeth camp.
    The only Edge Metallica has is that Hetfield is a better vocalist.
    Mustaine is a better songwriter and a better guitar player.
    Rest in peace is arguably the best thrash metal album ever. Metallica has never produced anything near that quality
    Devoted2JC likes this.
    We're all Negan

  17. #57
    Senior Member breno785au's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2013
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,125
    Rep Power
    111

    Default Re: Dave Mustaine and his struggle with addiction

    Quote Originally Posted by Speak2Me View Post
    FYI, Jesus didn't "hang out" with those people. Eating with publicans one time does not constitute hanging out..
    Because it's recorded once doesn't mean it only happened once. There's no record of Jesus wiping His butt, you think that never happened? Lol
    Earth awaken, all creation, open up your eyes again, alive again, for Christ has torn the veil of darkness away!
    Easter - Theocracy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Megadeth's Dave Mustaine: Satanic Forces
    By MrStevish in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 24th, 2017, 10:20 PM
  2. Hi Dave here
    By Dave19 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: March 29th, 2017, 12:19 AM
  3. Biker Dave
    By Footie03 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 28th, 2013, 02:20 PM
  4. Hey, Im Dave!
    By witenite101 in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 19th, 2012, 01:13 PM
  5. Dave Hunt
    By Crypto in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: June 24th, 2011, 09:03 PM