Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
Like Tree65Likes

Christian Music Forum

Share Christian music videos and Christian songs right here!

Thread: I would like to see yours opinions.

  1. #21
    Senior Member Monnkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    939
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    Third Day has many excellent songs of praise and worship

    That is one of the first of theirs' that I ever heard

    You are welcome!
    I love Third Day! Im listening to them right now! As for music being satanic not all secular music is. An artist that also is Christian is a huge plus for me Brain "Head"Welch has an amazing album called save me from myself That I recogmend to everyone it deals with Drug addiction and even aortion and it gives glory to God in a wonderful way!
    Magenta and Angela_s like this.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Monnkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    939
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly View Post
    Some of the Christian music i own would send this woman into a panic attack.
    In the Midst of Lions anyone? lol Same here!
    posthuman likes this.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    July 25th, 2016
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,433
    Rep Power
    99

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Angela_s View Post
    I deleted all my songs from my cellphone, since I've heard every kind of music can be satanic. Even these that are not from popular singers.

    I would like to know how you can recognize if a song (with or without lyrics) is satanic or imply something linked to it.

    I don't want to delude God.

    If you have different views about the topic, don't worry. I will value each of them on my own.
    Try this.. Sit down and listen to the song.. Imagine that Jesus is sitting right beside you listening along with you...

    Are you comfortable and happy to listen to the lyrics of that song with Jesus? Would the song offend Jesus?

    The thing is Jesus is always with us and knows everything we listen to and say..
    Monnkai and Angela_s like this.

  4. #24
    Senior Member jenniferand2's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    1,408
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    I have to say that I listen to Ozzy and all kinds of other music but it is because I get the words to his songs most of them would be called satanic I would think but they are really just songs about life and lifes struggles. In my thoughts I am not looking for the devil part of the songs I am looking for the story that goes with the song. Like the dreamer he talks about how the world should become one and unified. other songs like bark at the moon well that is not one of my favorites lol so i dont listen to that one. Then there is the road to know where which I find to be inspirational believe it or not. I guess my point is is even though OZZY would be probably considered the kind of satanic music I do not even think of him that way I think of the message he is conveying in his songs. I guess each his own ya know so I would say if it bothers you do not listen to it if you okay with it and don't feel like your devil worshipping through the words of the songs then listen to it. you know where your heart belongs.
    Ugly and Monnkai like this.
    Let He Who lives without sin cast the first stone.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20th, 2011
    Age
    42
    Posts
    19,523
    Rep Power
    193

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monnkai View Post
    In the Midst of Lions anyone? lol Same here!
    MC... not a big fan myself. =P
    Even the bit i like i rarely listen to.
    Monnkai likes this.
    Give me a new voice
    Give me a heart for repentance and make it stay
    Cause I've idolized my words
    It's all my fault
    But it's comfortable
    ~Poured Out, Rival Choir~

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Age
    17
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by posthuman View Post
    hey, what you're feeling & thinking isn't wrong. i stopped listening to secular music some 25 years ago, and i have very eclectic and wide-ranging musical taste. God, id turns out, was not requiring me to stop listening to music, or to stop listening to very eclectic music, even though i would have, for His sake. like Dude said, there are believers out there making music for God and making music about their lives, lives that are Christ living in these artists, in just about every genre and style you can imagine. like you affirmed, every food is good if it can be received with thankfulness -- music itself isn't evil, no music - but the spirit in it may be. your eyes are open. but God is good, and He lives!! the righteousness you hunger for, it exists, to fill you. you don't have to be paranoid, but calming down shouldn't involve quenching the Spirit that's opening your eyes, if that makes any sense

    if that Spirit is showing you that some things are garbage, listen to what He says, and don't be afraid
    Thanks a lot .
    I also agree with you.

    I had the same thought in my mind. To listen to some music, but still being vigilant, in a not paranoiac way. If I'm recently listen to less, but still listen to music, it's just during a short walk (as I always did) and at the same time, putting nothing before God.
    I don't think God like to see me freaking out about something, but repent if what I'm doing is sin. And listen to music isn't itself a sin, but rather something to be careful of (it also depends on the song).
    posthuman likes this.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Age
    17
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monnkai View Post
    I love Third Day! Im listening to them right now! As for music being satanic not all secular music is. An artist that also is Christian is a huge plus for me Brain "Head"Welch has an amazing album called save me from myself That I recogmend to everyone it deals with Drug addiction and even aortion and it gives glory to God in a wonderful way!
    Thanks for the information !
    Monnkai likes this.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Age
    17
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adstar View Post
    Try this.. Sit down and listen to the song.. Imagine that Jesus is sitting right beside you listening along with you...

    Are you comfortable and happy to listen to the lyrics of that song with Jesus? Would the song offend Jesus?

    The thing is Jesus is always with us and knows everything we listen to and say..
    I'll try it . Thanks for the advice.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Age
    17
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by jenniferand2 View Post
    I have to say that I listen to Ozzy and all kinds of other music but it is because I get the words to his songs most of them would be called satanic I would think but they are really just songs about life and lifes struggles. In my thoughts I am not looking for the devil part of the songs I am looking for the story that goes with the song. Like the dreamer he talks about how the world should become one and unified. other songs like bark at the moon well that is not one of my favorites lol so i dont listen to that one. Then there is the road to know where which I find to be inspirational believe it or not. I guess my point is is even though OZZY would be probably considered the kind of satanic music I do not even think of him that way I think of the message he is conveying in his songs. I guess each his own ya know so I would say if it bothers you do not listen to it if you okay with it and don't feel like your devil worshipping through the words of the songs then listen to it. you know where your heart belongs.
    Same here . I fit the meaning of a song into mine. I sometimes completely change the meaning.
    Every time I listen to music, I never want to worship Satan, at all!
    Actually, beside praying, through music, I thank God for my life experiences and what I learn and learned from it. It's a wonderful sensation.
    Monnkai likes this.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Monnkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2014
    Age
    28
    Posts
    939
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    There is one band I loved to death But then I found out they where satanic. Like openly I didn't read to much into the lyrics till I learned that. It's a shame the lead singer has such an enchanting voice its a shame its used to glorify satan. I pray for him sometimes. I'd love for him to become christian and write some Gospel

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Age
    17
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monnkai View Post
    There is one band I loved to death But then I found out they where satanic. Like openly I didn't read to much into the lyrics till I learned that. It's a shame the lead singer has such an enchanting voice its a shame its used to glorify satan. I pray for him sometimes. I'd love for him to become christian and write some Gospel
    I pray for him too then . I feel sorry for your experience.
    Monnkai likes this.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,183
    Rep Power
    94

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willie-T View Post
    I know a woman whose brother swears songs like this are from the pit of Hell.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V6Rp9bECb4


    That is a horrible song. Is it a song, or a marching cadence?
    Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

  13. #33
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2017
    Age
    47
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    I listen mainly to christian praise and worship songs and I always listen carefully to the lyrics to make sure they glorify God. I stopped listening to secular music many years ago because I felt they did not help me grow in my christian walk. But if I'm somewhere and they are playing secular music, I don't leave but i would be very uncomfortable if the song was full of swearing or bad words and that could cause me to leave the place. I think you have to be sensitive to your conscience, if you are listening to a song that you know is not edifying you or your christian walk and maybe even has blasphemous lyrics, I think it's best not to listen instead of rationalising it. There are so many lovely worship songs on YouTube like the ones from Bethel music, that you can listen to.
    Praising and worshiping God through music and song is very uplifting and in the bible it says God inhabits the praise of his people.

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    November 21st, 2017
    Age
    17
    Posts
    307
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: I would like to see yours opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bella_Lee View Post
    I listen mainly to christian praise and worship songs and I always listen carefully to the lyrics to make sure they glorify God. I stopped listening to secular music many years ago because I felt they did not help me grow in my christian walk. But if I'm somewhere and they are playing secular music, I don't leave but i would be very uncomfortable if the song was full of swearing or bad words and that could cause me to leave the place. I think you have to be sensitive to your conscience, if you are listening to a song that you know is not edifying you or your christian walk and maybe even has blasphemous lyrics, I think it's best not to listen instead of rationalising it. There are so many lovely worship songs on YouTube like the ones from Bethel music, that you can listen to.
    Praising and worshiping God through music and song is very uplifting and in the bible it says God inhabits the praise of his people.
    Thanks for the warning .

    That's why I created this thread. There are Christians sustaining that listen to music, but be self aware of its meaning, yet not following it, can be considered okay and you can freely listen to it; whilst other Christians, sustain you shouldn't listen to no music, but the one that prises God (some say you should even avoid the one that prises God because ' you can never know what it may hide ').

    As Magenta said, Jesus wouldn't be disappointed from a follower of His.
    But, of course, every Christian wants to do his/her best for be a good child to Him. So I don't want to 'go for it', just because I like doing something, without informing myself about if wrong or not. I want to take a solid decision and I'm still deciding.

    And, I feel sorry for what you feel while listening to such music. I,also, feel uncomfortable while listening to swearing, generally. Especially now that I want to be nearer to God. Hope you'll get a way out of that situation. God Bless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. opinions please
    By oldman in forum Christian Family Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 11th, 2017, 01:04 AM
  2. Opinions on...lack of opinions
    By Yahweh_is_gracious in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2017, 09:28 AM
  3. Opinions?
    By Believer011 in forum Christian Teens Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 14th, 2014, 09:12 AM
  4. Opinions
    By iraasuup in forum Christian Singles Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: April 25th, 2014, 05:13 AM
  5. opinions
    By Lalalalalola in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 21st, 2012, 01:14 AM