Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
Like Tree58Likes

Christian Music Forum

Share Christian music videos and Christian songs right here!

Thread: Are there any musicians in here?...

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mel85's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2018
    Age
    32
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Are there any musicians in here?...

    Or can you play an instrument? Or write music?

    I grew up playing the guitar, and I know the basics of playing the drums (I can hold a beat).

    What do you play?


    “Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death”


    "For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for Him" - Philippians 1:29


  2. #2
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    63
    Posts
    21,957
    Rep Power
    614

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Hello Mel I am sure there are some musicians here; in fact, certain members over time have posted links to sites where they have shared their musical talents with us, whether that be just singing, or singing and playing an instrument, or simply showing their chops on a particular instrument I can think of at least two members (both women) who met on this site and got together to play music/sing with each other. The "getting together" may not have been physically, though, but through our wonderful modern digital technologies

    I used to play guitar, but have not for quite a few years, now. There was a time in my life when the getting together with friends to jam, and/or hang out with and support our other musician friends as they gigged, was a central aspect of my life. I hardly went anywhere without my guitar, and loved learning new songs and playing styles from my friends, and sharing with them what I had learned on my own. I also used to busk. That was back in the days before you needed a license from the city to do so...

    I played a combination of sixties, seventies, and early eighties rock and folk songs, plus classical music like Beethoven's "Ode To Joy." Though I haven't played for years, I still have two of my guitars, and one of my compositions is my telephone answering message
    HisUnfailingLove and Mel85 like this.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  3. #3
    Senior Member MultilingualMessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2015
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,571
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel85 View Post
    Or can you play an instrument? Or write music?

    I grew up playing the guitar, and I know the basics of playing the drums (I can hold a beat).

    What do you play?
    I play the flute pretty well, and I sing. I used to write music some years ago, but I haven't in a while.
    laura_charlotte, Magenta and Mel85 like this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Didymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2018
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel85 View Post
    Or can you play an instrument? Or write music?

    I grew up playing the guitar, and I know the basics of playing the drums (I can hold a beat).

    What do you play?
    I also play guitar and sing. I've written maybe a dozen Christian songs since i was saved.
    Magenta and Mel85 like this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lucy-Pevensie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 20th, 2017
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,001
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Hi, I'm a guitarist.
    Magenta and Mel85 like this.
    Ezekiel 36
    *Then they will know that I am the Lord*




  6. #6
    Senior Member Didymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2018
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Hi, Lucy, me too. I mostly play acoustic guitar, but I'll play electric if and when I ever get another one someday.
    Magenta and Lucy-Pevensie like this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,509
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel85 View Post
    Or can you play an instrument? Or write music?

    I grew up playing the guitar, and I know the basics of playing the drums (I can hold a beat).

    What do you play?
    Hi mel!

    Trust me to come to threads on music like this... I like Hans Christian Andersen's words: Where words fail, music speaks.

    I learned to play a few, by God's grace, without a teacher, except for piano where i probably had one or two lessons if i remember right. The piano teacher was so strict, even my sibs who were studying then decided to stop. But i wanted to learn, and since there were piano books at home, i studied by myself, following a few John thompson books. There was a piano at school too, i brought my sisters' music sheets and practiced during free time. We had other instruments at home wc i tried, but my left fingers were not strong (or disciplined) enough that guitar was a bit difficult. Today, i can still play simple songs w/o bars, hehe, like a song w/ A D E chords=). Also been trying the violin even if my left fingers as i said, are not firm, and so the sound is affected. But God is good, He is teaching me as i'm learning by ear, as i did the recorder wc a sibling gave many yrs ago. I join the church worship team whenever possible. My one regret is i didnt/havent followed thru w/ a drop of desire in my heart to teach/pass on the gift/talent to children in church, who would be quick to learn, as some i think do.

    Btw, if u give me a tambourine or maracas, maybe i could play that too=)).
    Last edited by mar09; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:53 PM.
    Magenta and Mel85 like this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2014
    Age
    53
    Posts
    3,509
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    62

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Didymous View Post
    I also play guitar and sing. I've written maybe a dozen Christian songs since i was saved.
    Would u like to share some here, or have u done so?
    Magenta and Mel85 like this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member JonahLynx's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,011
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    My first instrument was a drumset, which my parents got rid of super quick. After that I moved on to brass and grew up with them throughout high school and college. Then I decided to learn guitar because wind instruments aren't something you can just pick up and play anywhere lol. At some point I hope to learn piano and maybe the violin!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Didymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2018
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Quote Originally Posted by mar09 View Post
    Would u like to share some here, or have u done so?
    I guess could put up the lyrics first, since I don't know how to put more on here yet, but I'm looking into that.
    Magenta and Mel85 like this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Didymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2018
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    This is a testimony song, from when I was homeless, and trying to hitchhike back to the west coast from Arkansas. I wrote it under a bridge near a truck stop in Missouri.

    YOUR SONG By Thomas A.

    When the son doesn't shine, I remember that there's a rainbow-at the end of every storm,
    When the wind blows so cold, that it cuts into my bones-Your love will keep me warm,
    When I'm out there on my own, when I think I'm all alone-You are always there, my friend,
    When I'm lying on the ground, when I think I won't be found-You will pick me up again.

    I am weak, but You are strong,
    You are right when I am wrong,
    I lived without You for so long,
    but now I get to sing Your song,

    The song just repeats the verse and chorus three times
    I cant find the CD with my songs on it, but I'll upload them once I figure out how.
    mar09, Magenta, Rosemaryx and 1 others like this.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Didymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2018
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    This is another testimony song I wrote in Oregon.

    I'M YOUR BREATH By Thomas A.

    Taste my life, taste my soul,-i'm Your breath,
    Walk with me, talk with me-unto my death,
    Let Your waters flow, through this calloused man,
    Take me to my home, to the promised land,

    I will always love You Jesus, You will always be my lord,
    And Your love it is the reason-that I fear no more,

    There's another verse to this that my brother-musician wrote, but I can't remember it right now.
    Magenta and Mel85 like this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Mel85's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2018
    Age
    32
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Quote Originally Posted by mar09 View Post
    Hi mel!

    Trust me to come to threads on music like this... I like Hans Christian Andersen's words: Where words fail, music speaks.

    I learned to play a few, by God's grace, without a teacher, except for piano where i probably had one or two lessons if i remember right. The piano teacher was so strict, even my sibs who were studying then decided to stop. But i wanted to learn, and since there were piano books at home, i studied by myself, following a few John thompson books. There was a piano at school too, i brought my sisters' music sheets and practiced during free time. We had other instruments at home wc i tried, but my left fingers were not strong (or disciplined) enough that guitar was a bit difficult. Today, i can still play simple songs w/o bars, hehe, like a song w/ A D E chords=). Also been trying the violin even if my left fingers as i said, are not firm, and so the sound is affected. But God is good, He is teaching me as i'm learning by ear, as i did the recorder wc a sibling gave many yrs ago. I join the church worship team whenever possible. My one regret is i didnt/havent followed thru w/ a drop of desire in my heart to teach/pass on the gift/talent to children in church, who would be quick to learn, as some i think do.

    Btw, if u give me a tambourine or maracas, maybe i could play that too=)).
    I love that quote by Dan and that’s one thing I wish I learnt was the piano. Very blessed!
    mar09 and Magenta like this.


    “Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death”


    "For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for Him" - Philippians 1:29


  14. #14
    Senior Member Mel85's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2018
    Age
    32
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Didymous View Post
    I guess could put up the lyrics first, since I don't know how to put more on here yet, but I'm looking into that.
    Great Lyrics. Hope we can see some vids at some point.
    Magenta likes this.


    “Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death”


    "For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for Him" - Philippians 1:29


  15. #15


    LPT
    LPT is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 24th, 2017
    Age
    50
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Guitar on and off since I was 14, sometimes I go months and months without playing.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Didymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2018
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    I'm going to try and post this song if I can figure out how. I just recorded it on my phone.

    Hold On by Thomas A.


    Hold on, hold on-to my heart,
    My sweet, sweet Lord, I'm falling apart,
    If the fire fades, who will be the ligh
    If love gets unmade, who will make it right?

    Hold on, hold on, my Lord, I'll make it someday,
    Lord my heart is so, so sore, but You can make it o. k.,

    Lord if You'll hold on to me, Lord, I'll hold on to You,
    Lord, cuz You hold on to me, Lord I'll make it through,

    I tried to love like You love, but I fell on my face,
    My heart wasn't good enough, Lord without Your sweet grace

    Lord if You'll hold on to me, Lord I'll hold on to You,
    Lord cuz You hold on to me, Lord I'll make it through

    I'm holding You, in my heart,
    Your love gave me, a brand new start,
    When the fire fades, You will be the light,
    When love gets unmade, You will make it right,
    Mel85 likes this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Didymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2018
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Didymous View Post
    I'm going to try and post this song if I can figure out how. I just recorded it on my phone.

    Hold On by Thomas A.


    Hold on, hold on-to my heart,
    My sweet, sweet Lord, I'm falling apart,
    If the fire fades, who will be the ligh
    If love gets unmade, who will make it right?

    Hold on, hold on, my Lord, I'll make it someday,
    Lord my heart is so, so sore, but You can make it o. k.,

    Lord if You'll hold on to me, Lord, I'll hold on to You,
    Lord, cuz You hold on to me, Lord I'll make it through,

    I tried to love like You love, but I fell on my face,
    My heart wasn't good enough, Lord without Your sweet grace

    Lord if You'll hold on to me, Lord I'll hold on to You,
    Lord cuz You hold on to me, Lord I'll make it through

    I'm holding You, in my heart,
    Your love gave me, a brand new start,
    When the fire fades, You will be the light,
    When love gets unmade, You will make it right,
    I got this song on YouTube, now I have to figure out how to get it here.
    Mel85 likes this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Didymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2018
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    OK, I think I figured it out. I have to get on a computer.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Didymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2018
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,077
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Didymous View Post
    I got this song on YouTube, now I have to figure out how to get it here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy3YBi4dMqo

    I think I got it, by Jove!
    Magenta and Mel85 like this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Mel85's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2018
    Age
    32
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    29

    Default Re: Are there any musicians in here?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Didymous View Post
    I'm going to try and post this song if I can figure out how. I just recorded it on my phone.

    Hold On by Thomas A.


    Hold on, hold on-to my heart,
    My sweet, sweet Lord, I'm falling apart,
    If the fire fades, who will be the ligh
    If love gets unmade, who will make it right?

    Hold on, hold on, my Lord, I'll make it someday,
    Lord my heart is so, so sore, but You can make it o. k.,

    Lord if You'll hold on to me, Lord, I'll hold on to You,
    Lord, cuz You hold on to me, Lord I'll make it through,

    I tried to love like You love, but I fell on my face,
    My heart wasn't good enough, Lord without Your sweet grace

    Lord if You'll hold on to me, Lord I'll hold on to You,
    Lord cuz You hold on to me, Lord I'll make it through

    I'm holding You, in my heart,
    Your love gave me, a brand new start,
    When the fire fades, You will be the light,
    When love gets unmade, You will make it right,
    Loving the lyrics, this is beautiful..... I can tell it’s written from your heart. Praise God for the talent!
    Magenta likes this.


    “Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death”


    "For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for Him" - Philippians 1:29


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Musicians
    By resurrection33 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: July 15th, 2017, 01:58 AM
  2. Musicians
    By resurrection33 in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 4th, 2017, 04:34 PM
  3. Musicians
    By Blueblonde9916 in forum Christian Music Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 20th, 2017, 07:26 PM
  4. Musicians
    By Wesley in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2013, 04:38 AM
  5. Christian Musicians
    By Abing in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 10th, 2009, 08:44 PM