Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree42Likes
  • 5 Post By Oncefallen
  • 4 Post By Sirk
  • 5 Post By kaylagrl
  • 4 Post By Utah
  • 5 Post By Sirk
  • 3 Post By eternally-gratefull
  • 4 Post By Utah
  • 5 Post By kaylagrl
  • 2 Post By eternally-gratefull
  • 1 Post By Sirk
  • 2 Post By crossnote
  • 1 Post By Desdichado

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

  1. #1
    Idiot in Chief Oncefallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2011
    Age
    47
    Posts
    4,161
    Rep Power
    10

    Exclamation NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    As of late many of the threads in this forum have degraded into nasty mannered mud slinging contests and as a result a couple of them have been closed in the past couple of days because there has been no individual user that has been the sole offender, just a topic that got heated and progressively the bar got lowered.

    Christian Chat understands that some political and social topics are going to be hot button topics and that those topics are going to more prone to heated discussion, however we still expect those heated discussions to be held with a level of civility. For the time being if these discussions continue to degrade we will continue to close them, however we will reserve the right to remove some (or all) of the users that are frequent offenders.


    **FOR THE RECORD**

    Those who are "innocently" smacking the hornets nest and then running will be held just as accountable as those who lash back.



  2. #2
    Senior Member Sirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,775
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    I found this after reading your thread. I have been as guilty as anyone. We tend to lean on our own understanding. I am truly sorry that I contributed to it.

    And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell. (James 3:6)



  3. #3
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,883
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    Quote Originally Posted by Oncefallen View Post
    As of late many of the threads in this forum have degraded into nasty mannered mud slinging contests and as a result a couple of them have been closed in the past couple of days because there has been no individual user that has been the sole offender, just a topic that got heated and progressively the bar got lowered.

    Christian Chat understands that some political and social topics are going to be hot button topics and that those topics are going to more prone to heated discussion, however we still expect those heated discussions to be held with a level of civility. For the time being if these discussions continue to degrade we will continue to close them, however we will reserve the right to remove some (or all) of the users that are frequent offenders.


    **FOR THE RECORD**

    Those who are "innocently" smacking the hornets nest and then running will be held just as accountable as those who lash back.



    I'm hoping I'm not out of line here,if so I expect the post to be removed. I have been here some time on CC and never have seen threads closed as often as they are recently. We start to discuss something in the Bible and before long its not a discussion but a personal attack. I had one such person write to me and apologize,which I had no problem accepting. Im not sure what has happened to change things so quickly. Im not here to fight with anyone but there are times that no matter which way you turn you're facing someones ire. Im at a loss as to what is going on. The personal attacks are,for me,getting out of hand. Just saying how I feel. If this is out of line then I expect to see this post removed.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Utah's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,116
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    I'm guilty as charged.

    I'd hate to be banned after having my year long infraction lifted yesterday.
    Fear not, little flock, for it is God's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Sirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,775
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    Ariel82, crossnote, Utah and 2 others like this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    158

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    I'm guilty as charged.

    I'd hate to be banned after having my year long infraction lifted yesterday.
    I still have time to go on mine.. I think sometimes we just all need a reminder..
    Utah, achildofGod and Sirk like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  7. #7
    Senior Member Utah's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,116
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    Quote Originally Posted by eternally-gratefull View Post
    I still have time to go on mine.. I think sometimes we just all need a reminder..
    You have one? Lol. I thought I was the only one. I'm in good company.
    Fear not, little flock, for it is God's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom.

  8. #8
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,883
    Rep Power
    110

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    You have one? Lol. I thought I was the only one. I'm in good company.
    If I was banned I wouldn't be back. I think I need to start flagging people more. New comers,some of them,are getting up in peoples faces and then cry the blues when they get a reaction. I very rarely flag a post,did it maybe twice. Looks like I need to do it more often.

  9. #9
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    40,118
    Rep Power
    158

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylagrl View Post
    If I was banned I wouldn't be back. I think I need to start flagging people more. New comers,some of them,are getting up in peoples faces and then cry the blues when they get a reaction. I very rarely flag a post,did it maybe twice. Looks like I need to do it more often.
    I have only reported a few myself. But I agree, it is getting worse in here. I have probably reported more in the last month than the last three years.
    kaylagrl and achildofGod like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    7,775
    Rep Power
    63

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    I don't normally report people until I give them a chance to redeem themselves.
    Spoonfulofsugar likes this.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Mitspa's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2014
    Age
    48
    Posts
    16,022
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    67

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    Maybe after this election season ..things will cool off ... I also will try to remember the honest and correct desires of those watching over the forum God Bless

    1Co 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
    56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
    57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.



  12. #12
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    68
    Posts
    25,790
    Rep Power
    138

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitspa View Post
    Maybe after this election season ..things will cool off ... I also will try to remember the honest and correct desires of those watching over the forum God Bless
    Right, we can't carry the weight of the elections on our shoulders...that's God's department.


    11-jesus-world.jpg
    Mitspa and Spoonfulofsugar like this.

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  13. #13
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,498
    Rep Power
    51

    Default Re: NEWS FORUM DECORUM

    Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    Right, we can't carry the weight of the elections on our shoulders...that's God's department.


    11-jesus-world.jpg
    And the elect He furnished to serve him in that capacity
    crossnote likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Good News Acts of Kindness News Keeps Coming ...
    By ChristIsGod in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 20th, 2014, 09:19 AM
  2. Herald the News (harold) news and views; dangers; saying goodbye for a while
    By HeraldtheNews in forum New Christian Chat Members (Introduce yourselves!!!)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 15th, 2012, 04:04 AM
  3. The Gospel.. Bad news, sad news, mad news or Good news?
    By Miah45 in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: March 30th, 2009, 12:53 AM