Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By crossnote
  • 2 Post By crossnote
  • 1 Post By Sirk
  • 1 Post By crossnote
  • 1 Post By Sirk
  • 2 Post By RachelBibleStudent

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Trump/Hillary on the Issues

  1. #1
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    69
    Posts
    25,889
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Trump/Hillary on the Issues

    Let's get off the personality for a while and look at which issues they both agree and disagree on.
    Here is a list to help facilitate the discussion. Remember, issues only.

    https://www.isidewith.com/elections/...6188:801556209
    Yeraza_Bats likes this.

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  2. #2
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    69
    Posts
    25,889
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Trump/Hillary on the Issues

    Here are their differences on some social issues.

    What is your stance on abortion? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: Pro-choice S
    Donald Trump: Pro-life, but allow in cases of rape, incest, or danger to the mother or child S

    Do you support the legalization of same sex marriage? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: Yes S
    Donald Trump: No, marriage should be defined as between a man and woman S

    Should health insurance providers be required to offer free birth control? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: Yes S
    Donald Trump: No S

    Should the government support a separation of church and state by removing references to God on money, federal buildings, and national monuments? stats discuss
    We could not determine Hillary Clinton’s stance on this issue
    Donald Trump?: No

    Should a business be able to deny service to a customer if the request conflicts with the owner’s religious beliefs? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: No S
    Donald Trump: Yes S

    Should the military allow women to serve in combat roles? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: Yes S
    Donald Trump: No S
    Last edited by crossnote; June 22nd, 2016 at 06:14 PM.
    Yeraza_Bats and Sirk like this.

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,896
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Trump/Hillary on the Issues

    You forgot one. Should a government official be able to use a private server in a bathroom for conducting state business?
    crossnote likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    69
    Posts
    25,889
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Trump/Hillary on the Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirk View Post
    You forgot one. Should a government official be able to use a private server in a bathroom for conducting state business?
    I suppose that one can be stretched into a social issue. They do have other categories like 'domestic policy' ROTBFL.
    Sirk likes this.

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2016
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,896
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Trump/Hillary on the Issues

    Compromises are going to have to be made on things. Like I understand that gays have a hard time with hospital visitation and such things that married people take for granted. If we reformed the tax code we could eliminate a lot of the tax problems with married and unmarried people. I personally think that the govt shouldn't be in the marriage business at all. To much abuse. But then that would open up another whole can of worms.
    crossnote likes this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    69
    Posts
    25,889
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Trump/Hillary on the Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    Let's get off the personality for a while and look at which issues they both agree and disagree on.
    Here is a list to help facilitate the discussion. Remember, issues only.

    https://www.isidewith.com/elections/...6188:801556209
    Here are a few answers I found arather distrubing especially from Trump.

    Should states be allowed to display the Confederate flag on government property? statsdiscuss

    Hillary Clinton: No, it is a symbol of racism S
    Donald Trump: No S

    Should the government continue to fund Planned Parenthood? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: Yes S
    Donald Trump: Yes, as long as funding is not used for abortion procedures S

    Should “gender identity” be added to anti-discrimination laws? stats discuss
    Their answers: Yes S S

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  7. #7
    RachelBibleStudent
    Guest

    Default Re: Trump/Hillary on the Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post
    Here are their differences on some social issues.

    What is your stance on abortion? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: Pro-choice S
    Donald Trump: Pro-life, but allow in cases of rape, incest, or danger to the mother or child S

    Do you support the legalization of same sex marriage? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: Yes S
    Donald Trump: No, marriage should be defined as between a man and woman S

    Should health insurance providers be required to offer free birth control? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: Yes S
    Donald Trump: No S

    Should the government support a separation of church and state by removing references to God on money, federal buildings, and national monuments? stats discuss
    We could not determine Hillary Clinton’s stance on this issue
    Donald Trump?: No

    Should a business be able to deny service to a customer if the request conflicts with the owner’s religious beliefs? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: No S
    Donald Trump: Yes S

    Should the military allow women to serve in combat roles? stats discuss
    Hillary Clinton: Yes S
    Donald Trump: No S
    some of these don't even seem to be that accurate...

    trump has recently said abortion laws have to be kept as they are...which is effectively pro abortion...

    trump is also on record as saying that anyone making gay marriage an issue any more is doing it for political reasons and implying that the supreme court ruling has settled the matter... he has also said very positive things about individual gay marriages that he was personally familiar with...

    at best trump's position on those two issues would more accurately be categorized as 'ambiguous'

    as for hillary clinton...i kind of doubt she would demand that a muslim grocery store owner comply with a request from a customer for pork chops or something...

    so that would be an ambiguous issue for her...

  8. #8
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,379
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    70

    Default Re: Trump/Hillary on the Issues

    Some see ambiguous. I see pliable.
    We seek him here, we seek him there,
    Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.

  9. #9
    Senior Member crossnote's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2012
    Age
    69
    Posts
    25,889
    Rep Power
    142

    Default Re: Trump/Hillary on the Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelBibleStudent View Post
    some of these don't even seem to be that accurate...

    trump has recently said abortion laws have to be kept as they are...which is effectively pro abortion...

    trump is also on record as saying that anyone making gay marriage an issue any more is doing it for political reasons and implying that the supreme court ruling has settled the matter... he has also said very positive things about individual gay marriages that he was personally familiar with...

    at best trump's position on those two issues would more accurately be categorized as 'ambiguous'

    as for hillary clinton...i kind of doubt she would demand that a muslim grocery store owner comply with a request from a customer for pork chops or something...

    so that would be an ambiguous issue for her...
    Can you give some citations? I did what I could.
    Or better, a more accurate survey.

    Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
    (Psa 20:7)






    "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."
    Jn 12:21


  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2011
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,547
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    84

    Default Re: Trump/Hillary on the Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirk View Post
    You forgot one. Should a government official be able to use a private server in a bathroom for conducting state business?
    LOL. ..............
    IF you do not realize that the rebirth took place in your spirit then it can be confusing to your mind worshiping GOD standing in front of a physical mirror.

Similar Threads

  1. If it comes to Trump or Hillary, who are you voting for
    By ArtsieSteph in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: June 4th, 2016, 02:24 PM
  2. RASMUSSEN HAS TRUMP LEADING HILLARY
    By p_rehbein in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 4th, 2016, 08:34 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 20th, 2016, 01:35 PM
  4. Donald Trump Has Just Endorsed Hillary Clinton For President
    By jennymae in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 1st, 2016, 12:35 PM
  5. Where Hillary Clinton stands on key issues
    By royalscot in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 16th, 2015, 06:43 PM