Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 54 of 54
Like Tree58Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

  1. #41
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,984
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    Knives you say? In most of the world, you are NOT allowed to carry a knife in public
    in the US, you all want EVERYONE to ALWAYS carry a firearm
    .... that includes terrorists you know

    ciao
    Hey,
    You don't like our gun laws? How about you keep your pale tail in northern Europe. Consider yourself persona non grata. There is a reason I have never cared what was going on in Norway. No reason to go there.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2016
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,031
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Is it true that Japan does not issue visas to folks from Chicago?
    Desdichado and Tommy379 like this.

  3. #43
    jennymae
    Guest

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Persuaded View Post
    Is it true that Japan does not issue visas to folks from Chicago?
    Why would somebody admit anybody from Windy city anywhere?.
    Tommy379 and hornetguy like this.

  4. #44
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,666
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    Here's some statistics

    https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ab&oe=58E5618C


    .........................................
    Funny, the south American nations are not even mentioned.... you know, the ones with MUCH higher rates of gun violence than the US...

    Also, if you take out the 3 or 4 major "urban" areas (which also have the strictest gun control laws) of the US, we would be somewhere down around Sweden's rate of gun murder/crime.

    That should tell you something.... but it probably won't.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  5. #45
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,666
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    You are still ignoring the fact that the nation with the most LIBERAL gun laws have the HIGHEST number of murders
    So it does not protect people. It kills them.
    Wrong again.

    Look at South America... very strict gun laws, VERY high murder rates.
    Desdichado likes this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  6. #46
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,666
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    funny.... my guns have never killed anyone. Nor have any guns belonging to the hundreds of people I personally know of that have guns...

    Perhaps, JUST perhaps, it's not the GUN... the TOOL. Perhaps it's the criminal that is to blame?
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  7. #47
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,666
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    We could just eradicate people and solve the problem
    You almost had it correct..... eradicate the CRIMINALS, and you would solve the problem.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  8. #48
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,507
    Rep Power
    51

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Which ignores the fact that the parts of our nation with the most stringent gun laws are usually the most dangerous.

    Quote Originally Posted by wwjd_kilden View Post
    You are still ignoring the fact that the nation with the most LIBERAL gun laws have the HIGHEST number of murders
    So it does not protect people. It kills them.
    Nihil novi sub sole.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Desdichado's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2014
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,507
    Rep Power
    51

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Darn straight. I'm tired of this frick'n nanny-state maternalism from abroad which assumes much and knows very little of substance.

    Much of the reason they can sleep warmly in their beds is the technological and economic superpower who employs history's greatest warriors. How are these warriors made? That process starts in the formative years at home with the inculcation of (for most of them) Christian values and a technical familiarity with an array of tools up to and including the gun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Hey,
    You don't like our gun laws? How about you keep your pale tail in northern Europe. Consider yourself persona non grata. There is a reason I have never cared what was going on in Norway. No reason to go there.
    Tommy379 likes this.
    Nihil novi sub sole.

  10. #50
    Senior Member hornetguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2016
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,666
    Rep Power
    66

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Darn straight. I'm tired of this frick'n nanny-state maternalism from abroad which assumes much and knows very little of substance.

    Much of the reason they can sleep warmly in their beds is the technological and economic superpower who employs history's greatest warriors. How are these warriors made? That process starts in the formative years at home with the inculcation of (for most of them) Christian values and a technical familiarity with an array of tools up to and including the gun.
    Yes... Thomas Jefferson agreed with that sentiment....

    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785
    Desdichado and Tommy379 like this.
    No man is really saved unless he is in his heart obedient to Christ. C.H. Spurgeon

  11. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by p_rehbein View Post
    I would ask if violent crimes/acts are reported?

    Guns are not the only weapon that can be used in the commission of a violent crime/attack.........just saying........

    Now, had they ELIMINATED all violent crime/attacks..........THAT WOULD be something!



    Does it matter if one is killed by a bullet or by a swift chop to the throat or just under the nose driving the hard cartledge up into the brain? Or being strangled? Or beaten to death with a bamboo sword?
    It's a lot easier to defend yourself from a knife attack than from a speeding bullet, hence the lower violence rate in Japan. It's really that simple: it's super easy to kill someone from a distance with a supersonic projectile. Much harder to get three inches away from someone to plunge a knife into them.

  12. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Desdichado View Post
    Which also undermines the notion that having guns around somehow increases the suicide rate.
    Well no, it doesn't. Having more suicides and less guns, does not mean that more guns wouldn't equal even more suicides. The suicide rate in Japan is so high because they operate in a shame culture. I would imagine that if guns were readily available, their sucide rate would be much higher -- guns are a VERY effective suicide method. I don't think guns CAUSE people to commit suicide any more than I think Nutty Cheerios cause people to commit suicide. They are just very effective when they are used, compared to any other method.

    At any rate, as an anti-gun individual, I would never argue that a potential decrease in suicide rates is a good reason to create stricter gun laws. People will kill themselves whether guns are available or not. A far better argument against lax gun laws is that the USA has the highest rate of murder of any developed nation, largely due to the ease of access to guns, weapons which are VERY EFFECTIVE at killing.

  13. #53
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,984
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Moko View Post
    It's a lot easier to defend yourself from a knife attack than from a speeding bullet, hence the lower violence rate in Japan. It's really that simple: it's super easy to kill someone from a distance with a supersonic projectile. Much harder to get three inches away from someone to plunge a knife into them.
    Sorry sir,
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Research done by the US Army, FBI, and every police defensive tactics instructor in America, has shown an attacker with a knife can close the distance and make a kill faster than a defender with a firearm can draw his weapon and fire.

    Using a firearm to attack or defend requires a skill and is not easy at any distance.

  14. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: How gun crime has almost been eridicated in Japan

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy379 View Post
    Sorry sir,
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Research done by the US Army, FBI, and every police defensive tactics instructor in America, has shown an attacker with a knife can close the distance and make a kill faster than a defender with a firearm can draw his weapon and fire.

    Using a firearm to attack or defend requires a skill and is not easy at any distance.
    That's great, but it doesn't address what I said. I said, it is easier to defend yourself FROM A KNIFE ATTACK THAN FROM A SPEEDING BULLET. Your reply doesn't address this. I can tell you from simple mathematical law, that if someone is twenty feet from me and I shoot a bullet right at them, they have a very slim chance of escaping the impact and running away. If the same person is twenty feet from me and I run at them with a short melee weapon, their chances of escaping away unharmed are significantly higher. It's simple common sense. It is much harder, dynamically, to kill someone with a melee weapon that it is to kill them with a gun.

    Violent crime statistics in all other developed countries clearly show that when guns are widespread, fatalities from violent attacks are more common. Because SPEEDING BULLETS ARE MORE DEADLY THAN KNIVES. Speeding bullets travel faster, further, and cause significant internal damage.

    There's a reason for the old saying "never bring a knife to a gunfight".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. PUNISHMENT FIT THE CRIME?
    By p_rehbein in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: June 10th, 2016, 11:18 PM
  2. Hate crime
    By Persuaded in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 21st, 2016, 01:35 PM
  3. Replies: 48
    Last Post: November 20th, 2013, 02:22 PM
  4. WHEN HEALING BECOMES A CRIME
    By AmorRegis in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 20th, 2013, 06:31 PM
  5. The devil's crime
    By VW in forum Bible Discussion Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: June 30th, 2010, 02:47 AM