Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 330
Like Tree223Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

  1. #21
    Sully
    Guest

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by prove-all View Post
    Marxist thinking could sap America’s strength, pervert its morals, sabotage its education
    system, wreck its social structure, destroy its spiritual life, weaken its economic power,
    and demoralize its armed forces.
    Agree. How did Marx develop his thinking? As you can see I've got nothing but questions.

  2. #22
    Senior Member prove-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,580
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Agree. How did Marx develop his thinking? As you can see I've got nothing but questions.
    Unriddling the Radical Worldview of President Obama
    https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/1...resident-obama

  3. #23
    Sully
    Guest

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    It's an old ideology of alienation through unification, but it's what is unifying that is deadly.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Agricola's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,570
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    By Rev. Dr. Mark Achtemeier


    Building friendship and community and common ties with people seems a better way of preventing them from harming us than does withholding compassion and erecting walls and bans against them.

    No strategy will ever be foolproof, of course. Perfect safety is an illusion that no nation can ever guarantee to its citizens, and reasonable people may disagree over the proper balance to strike between freedom and generosity on the one hand, and security and safety on the other. For those of us who aspire to follow Jesus, however, we dare not let the present situation tempt us away from the expansive type of neighbor-love to which he calls us. We simply have to lift our voices and join the marches and protest to our representatives in opposition to the president’s immigration ban.

    Head in sand liberalism in action. The West has become bathed in this do-gooder thinking that is utterly stupid and dangerous.
    You can not compare border control with parable of Good Samaritan.

    I hope your wall is built, I can not wait until we are out of Europe and shut our borders off as well. Open door policy brings death and destruction from Islamic enemies who want to rule the world. Illegal Mexicans are a blight on the USA.

    The Liberal view, being nice to people will make them be nice and so on. WRONG! Does not work at all. From social experiments of moving problematic families into nice residential areas, the area goes bad and good people move out and more bad people move in.

    Be nice to the Muslims, yes, but let too many in and they will take over the country and subject the non-mulsims to a living hell. We see this in some cities in the UK already. Just look to Europe.

    God is not a Liberal. God put Trump into the WhiteHouse to build walls and close borders, Christians who protest otherwise are just going against what God wants. Maybe these enlightened liberals should call God a bigot and racist as well.

  5. #25
    Sully
    Guest

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    President Business will build the wall, it's in the Lego Movie...

  6. #26
    Senior Member peacenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2016
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,983
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by prove-all View Post


    Not likely as al-Qaeda is Sunni and Iran is Shiia. Both are at war with each other.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

    Matt 5:9

  7. #27
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    God extends mercy beyond theology. Don't put a cap on God's mercy. Whenever you believe that a person can be outside the bounds for God's grace and mercy you are believe wrong. There is something wrong with your view of God. Christians can be guilty of this or more guilty of this than other faith systems. If your belief allows you to mistreat, you are guilty of misbelieving as well as misbehaving. All people are made in the image of God. God sent His Son Jesus to die for all people. This is why it says to pray for your enemies. This is a constant reminder that no one is outside the bounds for God's grace and mercy. Lord Jesus Christ grace and mercy is boundless. Again, if your view of God allows you to withdraw mercy, your view of God is incorrect.

    God takes personal interest in individual people. One of the most powerful things about Lord Jesus Christ ministries is that He chose to heal one person at a time. Jesus did not need to go to person, after person, after person, after person after person, but He did. You know why? Because He taught us something about the Father; that God takes personal interest in individual people. When you read the book of Mark we learn that Jesus was always surrounded by hundreds and sometime thousands of people who were the sickest in the land. He could have waived His hand and healed them all. However He chose to heal them one at a time. Because our Heavenly Father cares about individual people. God displays His power in our pain - God extends mercy beyond theology - God takes personal interest in individual people. Matthew 9:36

    By Pastor Stanley
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  8. #28
    Senior Member Agricola's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,570
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    God extends mercy beyond theology. Don't put a cap on God's mercy. Whenever you believe that a person can be outside the bounds for God's grace and mercy you are believe wrong. There is something wrong with your view of God. Christians can be guilty of this or more guilty of this than other faith systems. If your belief allows you to mistreat, you are guilty of misbelieving as well as misbehaving. All people are made in the image of God. God sent His Son Jesus to die for all people. This is why it says to pray for your enemies. This is a constant reminder that no one is outside the bounds for God's grace and mercy. Lord Jesus Christ grace and mercy is boundless. Again, if your view of God allows you to withdraw mercy, your view of God is incorrect.

    God takes personal interest in individual people. One of the most powerful things about Lord Jesus Christ ministries is that He chose to heal one person at a time. Jesus did not need to go to person, after person, after person, after person after person, but He did. You know why? Because He taught us something about the Father; that God takes personal interest in individual people. When you read the book of Mark we learn that Jesus was always surrounded by hundreds and sometime thousands of people who were the sickest in the land. He could have waived His hand and healed them all. However He chose to heal them one at a time. Because our Heavenly Father cares about individual people. God displays His power in our pain - God extends mercy beyond theology - God takes personal interest in individual people. Matthew 9:36

    By Pastor Stanley
    What has this got to do with a nations immigration policy?
    Angela53510 likes this.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Magenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2015
    Age
    62
    Posts
    17,206
    Rep Power
    335

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    If your belief allows you to mistreat, you are guilty of misbelieving as well as misbehaving. All people are made in the image of God.
    Are you saying we should invite murderers and rapists into our homes? Do you invite them into yours? I wonder what you mean by mistreat. Is protecting your borders mistreating people in your view? Is properly vetting people mistreating them? Jesus does not acknowledge all as His. He explicitly called some the children of the devil. People who are anti Christ fit that description. Islamists fit that description.


    Embrace the Grace and Rejoice in His Everlasting Mercy and Love

  10. #30
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    When 9/11 occurred in America, God became very important. The reason God became very important is because the technology in America wasn't working. We had folks come over here with a plan who came from a inferior civilization and a inferior culture and cause superior damage. Who would've thought the center of economic enterprise of America would collapse? While the center of military powers would be attack. This ought tells us something! It doesn't matter how advance you are, how many walls you build, how many people you deport or countries you don't let in, how educated you have become, and how sophisticated you think you are...It is only because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed. Lamentations 3:22 NIV

    The covering of America was removed which allowed 9/11. The evil one(s) were given access. The further you remove yourself from God the bigger the door opens for evil. The scripture says it like this, "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." 1 Corinthians 1:27 NIV

    Paul calls those MBA's and PHD's...dung - rubbish - garbage!! The only thing that is important is a BA, being born again and Faith exclusively in Christ Jesus our Lord and His Finished Work. Philippians 3:8

    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  11. #31
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
    Are you saying we should invite murderers and rapists into our homes? Do you invite them into yours? I wonder what you mean by mistreat. Is protecting your borders mistreating people in your view? Is properly vetting people mistreating them? Jesus does not acknowledge all as His. He explicitly called some the children of the devil. People who are anti Christ fit that description. Islamists fit that description.
    We learn from the scriptures that David who was anointed to be King left the covering of God for nineteen months and killed thousands of innocent men, women and CHILDREN. Did God forgive him? Yes!
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  12. #32
    Senior Member Agricola's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,570
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    We learn from the scriptures that David who was anointed to be King left the covering of God for nineteen months and killed thousands of innocent men, women and CHILDREN. Did God forgive him? Yes!
    you are not answering Magenta's question. I have no time for people who evade questions and answers obscurely and in riddles.

  13. #33
    Senior Member prove-all's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2014
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,580
    Rep Power
    56

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by peacenik View Post
    Not likely as al-Qaeda is Sunni and Iran is Shiia.
    Both are at war with each other.

    Both Sunni and Shia Muslims share the most fundamental Islamic beliefs and
    articles of faith. The differences between these two main sub-groups within
    Islam initially stemmed not from spiritual differences, but political ones.


    -but they both would have a greater enemy then each other, us.


    Sunni-Shiite Showdown
    https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/1...hiite-showdown

    -

    The term Twelver refers to its adherents' belief in twelve divinely ordained leaders,
    known as the Twelve Imams, and their belief that the Mahdi will be the returned
    Twelfth Imam who disappeared and is believed by Twelvers to be in occultation.

    Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the patriarch of Iran’s Islamic Revolution, was a Twelver,
    as is Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the current supreme leader in Iran.

    -In 2012, Khamenei told the people of Iran: “We must prepare for the coming.

    Since we consider ourselves the warriors of the 12th imam, we must fight.
    Under the leadership of God, and with his invisible Power, we will restore
    the glory of Islamic Civilization.”

    As Joel Rosenberg, former aide to Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said,

    “[I]n order to bring about this Islamic messiah, the Mahdi, the 12th imam,
    Islamic leaders need to hasten his coming by destroying little Satan, Israel,
    and the great Satan, the United States. …


    Iran’s supreme leader says exactly what’s on his mind.

    Iran Won’t Stop Till It Reaches Jerusalem
    https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/1...ches-jerusalem
    Desertsrose likes this.

  14. #34
    Senior Member MessageOfTheCross's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2016
    Age
    55
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Agricola View Post
    you are not answering Magenta's question. I have no time for people who evade questions and answers obscurely and in riddles.
    When you are talking to a spirit filled and spirit led Christian it will be a parable if you are led by the flesh. This is how we test the spirit.
    For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

  15. #35
    Senior Member Agricola's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    2,570
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    When you are talking to a spirit filled and spirit led Christian it will be a parable if you are led by the flesh. This is how we test the spirit.
    I am a Spirit filled and Spirit led Christian, but what you are waffling on about is nothing to do with border control and you seem to be incapable of giving a direct simple answer.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Angela53510's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2011
    Age
    63
    Posts
    8,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    249

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    The OP needs to read the Old Testament to find out what God thinks about foreigners and pagan religions. You will find a systematic campaign to wipe out the Canaanites. Sadly, they did not obey God, sowing the seeds of destruction for Israel.

    Of course, the writers of the New Testament understood this, when they wrote about Jesus. They did not believe in killing pagans, but converting them! So, one of the goals of God has ALWAYS been to make pagans into God's people.

    We don't do that by letting them into our countries, to live as pagans. Unless it was stated that they must convert to Christianity, if they want to immigrate to our countries. Of course, this would be protested by secular humanists and liberals everywhere as being "intolerant."

    I don't understand why people trying to undermine the values of our countries should be let in! That is just common sense.
    Billyd, prove-all and Desertsrose like this.
    "And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.” Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me." 2 Cor. 12:9 NASB

  17. #37
    Senior Member kaylagrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2014
    Age
    45
    Posts
    10,952
    Rep Power
    186

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    God extends mercy beyond theology. Don't put a cap on God's mercy. Whenever you believe that a person can be outside the bounds for God's grace and mercy you are believe wrong. There is something wrong with your view of God. Christians can be guilty of this or more guilty of this than other faith systems. If your belief allows you to mistreat, you are guilty of misbelieving as well as misbehaving. All people are made in the image of God. God sent His Son Jesus to die for all people. This is why it says to pray for your enemies. This is a constant reminder that no one is outside the bounds for God's grace and mercy. Lord Jesus Christ grace and mercy is boundless. Again, if your view of God allows you to withdraw mercy, your view of God is incorrect.

    God takes personal interest in individual people. One of the most powerful things about Lord Jesus Christ ministries is that He chose to heal one person at a time. Jesus did not need to go to person, after person, after person, after person after person, but He did. You know why? Because He taught us something about the Father; that God takes personal interest in individual people. When you read the book of Mark we learn that Jesus was always surrounded by hundreds and sometime thousands of people who were the sickest in the land. He could have waived His hand and healed them all. However He chose to heal them one at a time. Because our Heavenly Father cares about individual people. God displays His power in our pain - God extends mercy beyond theology - God takes personal interest in individual people. Matthew 9:36

    By Pastor Stanley
    It is absolutely true that no one is outside the grace of God,but they must accept Him or they remain outside of grace. Muslims are coming to Christ and we certainly pray for those in bondage to the Islamic religion. But that religion is demonic and its mission is to subjugate the world and kill those who wont submit. There is no doubt that satan is behind Islam and its demonic beliefs. There is nothing wrong with vetting these refugees coming in and keeping our country safe. America has been more than generous with taking in immigrants and refugees for years. This will continue once proper vetting is done.
    Desertsrose likes this.

  18. #38
    Senior Member Desertsrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2016
    Age
    63
    Posts
    2,461
    Rep Power
    155

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by MessageOfTheCross View Post
    When 9/11 occurred in America, God became very important. The reason God became very important is because the technology in America wasn't working. We had folks come over here with a plan who came from a inferior civilization and a inferior culture and cause superior damage. Who would've thought the center of economic enterprise of America would collapse? While the center of military powers would be attack. This ought tells us something! It doesn't matter how advance you are, how many walls you build, how many people you deport or countries you don't let in, how educated you have become, and how sophisticated you think you are...It is only because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed. Lamentations 3:22 NIV

    The covering of America was removed which allowed 9/11. The evil one(s) were given access. The further you remove yourself from God the bigger the door opens for evil. The scripture says it like this, "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." 1 Corinthians 1:27 NIV

    Paul calls those MBA's and PHD's...dung - rubbish - garbage!! The only thing that is important is a BA, being born again and Faith exclusively in Christ Jesus our Lord and His Finished Work. Philippians 3:8


    Hi message of the cross,

    You are taking scriptures out of context. You might want to reread the scriptures and read before and after the verses you're quoting.

    It's actually blasphemy to take God's word to make it say what you want it to say instead of what God intended. Please tread carefully.

    So how many should we put you down for.......1 family or 2?
    Angela53510 likes this.

    He has told you, O man, what is good;

    And what does the Lord require of you
    But to do justice, to love kindness,
    And to walk humbly with your God?
    Micah 6:8




  19. #39
    Senior Member peacenik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 11th, 2016
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,983
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by prove-all;
    Both Sunni and Shia Muslims share the most fundamental Islamic beliefs and
    articles of faith. The differences between these two main sub-groups within
    Islam initially stemmed not from spiritual differences, but political ones.


    ....


    The differences actually stem from Mohammed's death and the leadership of their clergy. Gradually doctrinal differences developed. They have been in conflict ever since. Today, Iranian volunteers are fighting in Iraq against al-Qaeda and other Sunni factions. Your source fails to demonstrate that Iran is allied in any way with Sunni fanatics and was involved in any way with 9/11.
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

    Matt 5:9

  20. #40
    Senior Member Tommy379's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2016
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,824
    Rep Power
    36

    Default Re: Jesus’ Answer To President Trump’s Immigration Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by peacenik View Post
    The differences actually stem from Mohammed's death and the leadership of their clergy. Gradually doctrinal differences developed. They have been in conflict ever since. Today, Iranian volunteers are fighting in Iraq against al-Qaeda and other Sunni factions. Your source fails to demonstrate that Iran is allied in any way with Sunni fanatics and was involved in any way with 9/11.
    Yep, thats why all of islam needs to be wiped from the earth.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Congratulation to President Trump but what next.
    By GOP in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 343
    Last Post: November 12th, 2016, 10:42 AM
  2. Donald J Trump for President
    By Sirk in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 484
    Last Post: September 26th, 2016, 07:11 AM
  3. Donald Trump, Wavering on Immigration, Finds Anger in All Corners
    By jennymae in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 205
    Last Post: September 15th, 2016, 10:14 PM
  4. Trump doubles down on his immigration promises
    By Sirk in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 6th, 2016, 05:44 AM
  5. Trump releases policy position on immigration.
    By Sirk in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: March 24th, 2016, 08:43 PM