Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 140
Like Tree106Likes

Christian News Forum

Share the latest news (world news, local news, current events, etc.) with your Christian friends right here, and give or get a Christian perspective on it.

Thread: Free speech under threat in the West

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2013
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,094
    Blog Entries
    69
    Rep Power
    38

    Default Free speech under threat in the West

    GuessWho, Utah and OwzK like this.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Heh I don't know if I can really take this seriously. I mean how can the PC generations of the old people seriously think they can regulate the speech of the generation that grew up on rap music?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2013
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,094
    Blog Entries
    69
    Rep Power
    38

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Because rap music doesnt go against the cultural narrative they want people to adhere to.Wake up and smell the coffee!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooky View Post
    Because rap music doesnt go against the cultural narrative they want people to adhere to.Wake up and smell the coffee!
    Well what is the cultural narrative they want us to adhere to?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2013
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,094
    Blog Entries
    69
    Rep Power
    38

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    I will let you do the research yourself ....I am not here to spoon feed people.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by Mooky View Post
    I will let you do the research yourself ....I am not here to spoon feed people.
    Well give me lead or something. I mean from the video it sounds like they are attempting to suppress any speech deemed hateful, misogynistic, racial, violent, sexual, and so forth. But then rap music has all of that, but then you say rap music doesn't go against their cultural narrative.

    Makes me wonder if they even have a cultural narrative. Again I don't think I can take it seriously. I agree they are attempting to do these things, but I don't think I can take them seriously. They don't seem to have any overall foundation. Seems to me the culture just arbitrarily assigns fake punishments for fake crimes of people they simply don't like.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2014
    Age
    52
    Posts
    9,705
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    Well what is the cultural narrative they want us to adhere to?
    White men bad, liberal women good;
    Capitalism bad, socialism good;
    Christianity bad, islam good;
    Homosexuality is the new normal;
    God doesn't exist.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by Utah View Post
    White men bad, liberal women good;
    Capitalism bad, socialism good;
    Christianity bad, islam good;
    Homosexuality is the new normal;
    God doesn't exist.
    Heh, well that makes a lot of sense then why they are so triggered lately.
    Utah likes this.

  9. #9
    Senior Member eternally-gratefull's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2011
    Age
    52
    Posts
    42,712
    Rep Power
    188

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    todays term of free speech.

    Fake news is ok, as long as we believe it. If we do not agree with you. you have no right to tell us anything..

    truth has basically taken a back seat to ideas,

    and sadly, When the stuff hits the fan, and the world is thrown into war (and it will happen) these people will not be able to handle it,
    Mooky, kaylagrl, Utah and 1 others like this.
    Eternally Grateful for the grace God has shown a wretched soul such as myself.

    Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,

  10. #10
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,998
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    Well give me lead or something. I mean from the video it sounds like they are attempting to suppress any speech deemed hateful, misogynistic, racial, violent, sexual, and so forth. But then rap music has all of that, but then you say rap music doesn't go against their cultural narrative.

    Makes me wonder if they even have a cultural narrative. Again I don't think I can take it seriously. I agree they are attempting to do these things, but I don't think I can take them seriously. They don't seem to have any overall foundation. Seems to me the culture just arbitrarily assigns fake punishments for fake crimes of people they simply don't like.



    1. They simply take these terms like "hateful", "racial", and "misogynist", and redefine them however they please.


    They redefine all terms to suit their agenda.

    We could give endless examples.


    * The left has redefined "hateful" to mean anyone who disagrees with them... even if THEY are kicking that person in the face for no reason. (Really happens.)

    * The left has redefined the word "racist" so that it's impossible for anyone in a minority to be a racist.

    * The left has redefined "misogyny" so it DOES NOT apply to muslims who abuse women horribly under sharia law.



    2. We DO need to take this seriously, not on a moral level, but on a societal and legal level.

    These are real social issues, which, with enough support, become legal issues.

    As stupid as it sounds to just redefine simple words... it's really happening.
    Mooky, kaylagrl, Utah and 1 others like this.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post



    1. They simply take these terms like "hateful", "racial", and "misogynist", and redefine them however they please.


    They redefine all terms to suit their agenda.

    We could give endless examples.


    * The left has redefined "hateful" to mean anyone who disagrees with them... even if THEY are kicking that person in the face for no reason. (Really happens.)

    * The left has redefined the word "racist" so that it's impossible for anyone in a minority to be a racist.

    * The left has redefined "misogyny" so it DOES NOT apply to muslims who abuse women horribly under sharia law.



    2. We DO need to take this seriously, not on a moral level, but on a societal and legal level.

    These are real social issues, which, with enough support, become legal issues.

    As stupid as it sounds to just redefine simple words... it's really happening.
    Lol then the answer is simple. As always, the more PC they try to become the more slang the youth will invent. Lol it's almost like an arms race!

  12. #12
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,998
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    Lol then the answer is simple. As always, the more PC they try to become the more slang the youth will invent. Lol it's almost like an arms race!
    That's the general idea, but it's even more nefarious than that.
    You can control social conversation by controlling the words.

    If there is a word which has no real corollary, like "racism", and then you redefining it;
    you can suddenly no longer have a conversation about racism in a traditional way,
    because you NO LONGER HAVE A WORD FOR that traditional meaning.

    If you change the meaning of words, then you can no longer talk about the things you used to talk about...
    because there aren't words for that.

    These are very clever things done by very clever people... with intentionality and planning.

    These aren't accidents.

    It is a very authoritarian way to control people.
    Mooky, kaylagrl and Sirk like this.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    That's the general idea, but it's even more nefarious than that.
    You can control social conversation by controlling the words.

    If there is a word which has no real corollary, like "racism", and then you redefining it;
    you can suddenly no longer have a conversation about racism in a traditional way,
    because you NO LONGER HAVE A WORD FOR that traditional meaning.

    If you change the meaning of words, then you can no longer talk about the things you used to talk about...
    because there aren't words for that.

    These are very clever things done by very clever people... with intentionality and planning.

    These aren't accidents.

    It is a very authoritarian way to control people.
    I don't know, doesn't seem too clever to me. Seems kind of stupid frankly. I don't think they can control me, I am pretty sure if I really wanted to I could make their minds melt with mere words. Frankly if it is as you say it is then I think they have no authority and unknowingly put in my hands total authority over them if a mere word can so utterly devastate them.

  14. #14
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,998
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    I don't know, doesn't seem too clever to me. Seems kind of stupid frankly. I don't think they can control me, I am pretty sure if I really wanted to I could make their minds melt with mere words. Frankly if it is as you say it is then I think they have no authority and unknowingly put in my hands total authority over them if a mere word can so utterly devastate them.
    It isn't about controlling YOU.

    It's about getting a MAJORITY of the society to use words different ways... in order to manipulate them.
    Mooky, kaylagrl, Sirk and 1 others like this.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2016
    Age
    45
    Posts
    8,896
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    That's the general idea, but it's even more nefarious than that.
    You can control social conversation by controlling the words.

    If there is a word which has no real corollary, like "racism", and then you redefining it;
    you can suddenly no longer have a conversation about racism in a traditional way,
    because you NO LONGER HAVE A WORD FOR that traditional meaning.

    If you change the meaning of words, then you can no longer talk about the things you used to talk about...
    because there aren't words for that.

    These are very clever things done by very clever people... with intentionality and planning.

    These aren't accidents.

    It is a very authoritarian way to control people.
    I'll pray for you. Lol
    maxwel likes this.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    It isn't about controlling YOU.

    It's about getting a MAJORITY of the society to use words different ways... in order to manipulate them.
    Well that's even harder for them. The majority of our American society is pretty individualistic.

  17. #17
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,998
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    Well that's even harder for them. The majority of our American society is pretty individualistic.
    Every person I've ever meat claims to be an "independent thinker."

    Very few people are.

    The herd mentality reigns.

    We have actual statistical evidence, from many different studies, showing that most people just follow the herd.

    If you're in doubt, there are plenty of marketing and psychology studies, or you can just ask yourself, "How did Obama get elected twice if people are all so busy thinking for themselves?"

    Most people follow the herd, it's pretty well empirically proven.
    Mooky and Sirk like this.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    Every person I've ever meat claims to be an "independent thinker."

    Very few people are.

    The herd mentality reigns.

    We have actual statistical evidence, from many different studies, showing that most people just follow the herd.

    If you're in doubt, there are plenty of marketing and psychology studies, or you can just ask yourself, "How did Obama get elected twice if people are all so busy thinking for themselves?"

    Most people follow the herd, it's pretty well empirically proven.
    Lol well statistics and psychology are mostly lies anyways meant to control how people think lol.

    As for Obama, pretty easy to see why he was elected, same reason Trump was elected. Deus Vult!
    Mooky likes this.

  19. #19
    Senior Member maxwel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2013
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,998
    Rep Power
    102

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by Naboth View Post
    Lol well statistics and psychology are mostly lies anyways meant to control how people think lol.

    As for Obama, pretty easy to see why he was elected, same reason Trump was elected. Deus Vult!
    There are endless statistical surveys, and psychological studies, showing most people operate from a herd mentality.

    If you want to ignore all:
    - psychological studies
    - sociological studies
    - independent surveys
    - marketing studies
    - advertising science
    - political science
    - military science
    - economic science
    - management science
    - business science
    - historical evidence
    - and known biblical principles

    ... if you want to ignore all of those established facts, and keep arguing against things that are already proven, just to have an excuse to argue...
    you'll have to stay here and argue with yourself.


    : )
    Mooky and Sirk like this.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    February 1st, 2017
    Age
    28
    Posts
    586
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Free speech under threat in the West

    Quote Originally Posted by maxwel View Post
    There are endless statistical surveys, and psychological studies, showing most people operate from a herd mentality.

    If you want to ignore all:
    - psychological studies
    - sociological studies
    - independent surveys
    - marketing studies
    - advertising science
    - political science
    - military science
    - economic science
    - management science
    - business science
    - historical evidence
    - and known biblical principles

    ... if you want to ignore all of those established facts, and keep arguing against things that are already proven, just to have an excuse to argue...
    you'll have to stay here and argue with yourself.


    : )
    Lol I'll argue they're not proven and they're just lies. Pretty obvious lies too. Statistics are major lies meant to drive opinion rather than reflect it. Unless you poll every single person I'm calling it a lie. As for Psychology, modern psychology has a lot more in common with pagans than the Bible. No surprises there that all the major founders of modern psychology are atheists and new agers. So no, I will not accept them, I will call them liars as well. Science falsely so-called is so full of heretics by their bones turn to dust and may their institutions fold in on themselves in rust.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Encryption key to free speech, says UN report
    By royalscot in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 31st, 2015, 06:53 AM
  2. Pamela Geller: Free speech advocate, or 'hate speech' antagonist?
    By Viligant_Warrior in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: May 16th, 2015, 04:54 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 21st, 2015, 05:57 PM
  4. Obama's IRS Is Attempting To Seriously Undermine Your Free Speech
    By AgeofKnowledge in forum Christian News Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: February 28th, 2014, 08:42 PM